Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Who is to blame for the current situation? 18:57 - Dec 2 with 12275 viewslonglostjack

Who is to blame for the current situation?

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:43 - Dec 2 with 1766 viewsMyFinalHeaven

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:41 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

It was portrayed in the public domain that Laudrup had lost interest and as a result he had to go,

Think it was touched on another post, he probably had lost interest but thats because he was watching the interference. This is one of the worlds greatest players...

Yep. The interference was crazy. Hard to go about your job when your idiot boss is not only declining all your transfer targets but also forcing dross like N'Gog and Emnes down your throat and demanding that they be in the lineup.
[Post edited 2 Dec 2017 20:44]

Come on you Swans.

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:47 - Dec 2 with 1751 viewsmax936

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 19:42 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

Its painfully obvious that our recruitment has been awful for years. We have continually bought in sub standard players and sometimes not even sub standard players but our methods and style have made them look sub standard

We sold our only two goal threats in the summer and didn't replace them and now we are reaping the rewards of that.

Ever so slowly the style we were known for has been eroded and where we are now is a situation where so many people really have just lost so much of the passion for the club.

The seeing off of the first Americans meant that things were done behind the backs of the fans second time around, there was no due diligence opportunities or any opportunity to look at what was going to happen.

A Premier League club - and one that has been here for 6 complete seasons - shouldn't look like this, for Villa two years ago, Sunderland last, simply read Swansea this season.

Clement needs to go but it may only paper over the cracks as it did when Monk and Bradley went in the last two seasons. We havent learned from any of the mistakes and we wont.

And I will only ever give a frank honest answer. always have done

The reason I stopped posting on here was a clear one for me - I was fronting questions whenever we had a forum, it would have been impossible to front them everywhere. People criticise the Trust for lack of communication (and rightly so) but the reality was very few were prepared to stick their head up and be heard. Different directions, it was in the statement

This post has been edited by an administrator

If people in the Trust weren't prepared to stick their heads up, then they shouldn't be there, because they're there for the wrong reasons and there for the kudos of saying to people I'm in the Trust Board room yad he yar even though I don't actually do f'all.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:50 - Dec 2 with 1738 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:47 - Dec 2 by max936

If people in the Trust weren't prepared to stick their heads up, then they shouldn't be there, because they're there for the wrong reasons and there for the kudos of saying to people I'm in the Trust Board room yad he yar even though I don't actually do f'all.

I will agree with that but not fully.

Every organisation needs people who sit in the background and make it tick over. I am a member of several other organisations where there are many people like that and without them the organisation would be far worse.

What those organisations have those is more people on the front line as well prepared to take on the "public" side of the organisation. Those that the members can identify with and recognise. When the balance is right the organisation thrives, when the balance tips one way or the other than the organisation doesn't.
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:59 - Dec 2 with 1711 viewsmax936

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:09 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

Do you know what Rich it isn't about fight, its about the evil that is the Premier League.

As much as we wanted to reach the promised land, the greed and the riches that went with it ripped the heart and soul out of the club

We got here with a team of players that gave a f*ck. Over seven years we have seen the team spirit eroded to now be a team of players who (with one or two notable exceptions) do not give any second thought for the football club. Last week we read stories of them out on the lash after another defeat and do you think we have many hurting like some of our fans

What depresses me even more is watching long term fans losing some of the passion for it all. I know of many and to an extent I get it as I feel it. I have missed three home games this season and with the exception of one I havent watched any of the TV coverage of them.

We are basket case of a club at the moment seemingly unable to make the changes that we need to make to get back on track. We cling onto the past glories that may actually go no further than just a few managerial appointments that worked (Roberto, Brendan and Michael) because all the evidence outside that says we havent done much right

Now that's a brilliant post and spot on, but what's really sad is that it comes from a person who'd really know, which confirms what we've all feared, its the end and all for greed by a few of Swansea's own people fuking disgraceful, get them out and out the City they are an insult to the people of Swansea.

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 21:00 - Dec 2 with 1704 viewsjasfan

Whilst I can understand that some fans have strong views on the Trust's approach to dealing with the new owners, I cannot understand how the Trust can be criticised for being put in that very position by the actions of others.

I also think we have to be careful (myself included) not to damage the one body representing the fans that potentially could still influence and shape the football club in a way that most fans would be happy with. To do so would play into others' hands.

Until very recently, I had been loathe to criticise the Trust Board for precisely that reason and because they carry out their roles as volunteers on our behalf. However, after much frustration over the share sale negotiations and the tone of the communication to a member applying to be co-opted, I felt I had to comment. In future I hope to be more circumspect with my comments.

Nevertheless, I would urge those currently on the Trust Board to reflect on the raison d'etre of the Supporters Trust, namely to ensure that a professional football club exists in Swansea, and whether their future strategy aligns with that aim. I believe that doing so would help unite the fans in a cause we strongly believe in. The £100,000 raised in 2003 tells you that.

Finally, I hope that Lisa and ECB get co-opted to the Trust Board as I think their knowledge, professionalism and passion for the football club will be an asset. I have also re-joined the Supporters Trust and would urge others to the same.
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 21:00 - Dec 2 with 1700 viewsJokeren1943

Not so interested in who is to blame.

The interesting part is - how do Swansea recreate their unique style again.

Watched the game today - but it was so boring, that I would rather sit on my toilet and eat toblerone.
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 21:20 - Dec 2 with 1646 viewsmax936

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:50 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

I will agree with that but not fully.

Every organisation needs people who sit in the background and make it tick over. I am a member of several other organisations where there are many people like that and without them the organisation would be far worse.

What those organisations have those is more people on the front line as well prepared to take on the "public" side of the organisation. Those that the members can identify with and recognise. When the balance is right the organisation thrives, when the balance tips one way or the other than the organisation doesn't.

Answer me this one Phil, why when last year myself and others [and since] said that the Trust should have been shouting from the roof tops at the deceitful way that the sale was conducted, why wasn't it? there were a few of us on here that were prepared to stand around the ground issuing Flyers about what had gone on, go round pubs, cafes restaurants doing the same on any Match day, I really feel if that had happened that dreaded vote would have gone the other way.

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 21:32 - Dec 2 with 1621 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 21:20 - Dec 2 by max936

Answer me this one Phil, why when last year myself and others [and since] said that the Trust should have been shouting from the roof tops at the deceitful way that the sale was conducted, why wasn't it? there were a few of us on here that were prepared to stand around the ground issuing Flyers about what had gone on, go round pubs, cafes restaurants doing the same on any Match day, I really feel if that had happened that dreaded vote would have gone the other way.

I think in the main that has probably been answered in the post you quoted. I have seen much over the years (going back to the days of the MAGS and the early days of ATFV) - people very much offer to do things and when the reality strikes (this isn't a criticism of you so please dont take it as such) there wouldn't have been that many and too many people would have taken a flyer and binned it. The most effective way was always verbal communication but one/two/three people there can only do so much.

If you go back to the very first forum we did post sale when I delivered a very long address, there was much chat about printing that and handing it out. And the Trust printed copies, two people tried to hand them out. No excuse as to why it gave up but that sums it up at times
Login to get fewer ads

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 21:35 - Dec 2 with 1600 viewsGowerjack

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 21:20 - Dec 2 by max936

Yep.

Instead the "trust" elected to get into bed with the very vipers that had fücked them over.

Unforgivable.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 21:36 - Dec 2 with 1591 viewsPhil_S

As I said, damaged property
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 21:55 - Dec 2 with 1567 viewsmax936

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 21:32 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

I think in the main that has probably been answered in the post you quoted. I have seen much over the years (going back to the days of the MAGS and the early days of ATFV) - people very much offer to do things and when the reality strikes (this isn't a criticism of you so please dont take it as such) there wouldn't have been that many and too many people would have taken a flyer and binned it. The most effective way was always verbal communication but one/two/three people there can only do so much.

If you go back to the very first forum we did post sale when I delivered a very long address, there was much chat about printing that and handing it out. And the Trust printed copies, two people tried to hand them out. No excuse as to why it gave up but that sums it up at times

Ok I accept that as a reasonable point of view, but what about the shouting from the roof top bit, Swansea Till I die could have given air time to the true events of the sale, I know some things were said, by yourself which probably is the only constant in the whole debacle, but my feeling is that if a programme of continual spread of the truth of the sale was broadcast longer and more widely things might be different amongst the fan base, Talksport for example would have loved to have heard the story, it was the silence coming from the Trust that has mostly lead to the lethargic response from the majority of fans who don't frequent Planet Swans.
Thanks again for answering these questions and being so frank in doing so and I agree with others that you should be at the forefront of a new Supporters Front this is the time to really go for it and just maybe the Yanks/sellouts will be scurrying away to their hideaways far away from SCFC.

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 21:58 - Dec 2 with 1557 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 21:55 - Dec 2 by max936

Ok I accept that as a reasonable point of view, but what about the shouting from the roof top bit, Swansea Till I die could have given air time to the true events of the sale, I know some things were said, by yourself which probably is the only constant in the whole debacle, but my feeling is that if a programme of continual spread of the truth of the sale was broadcast longer and more widely things might be different amongst the fan base, Talksport for example would have loved to have heard the story, it was the silence coming from the Trust that has mostly lead to the lethargic response from the majority of fans who don't frequent Planet Swans.
Thanks again for answering these questions and being so frank in doing so and I agree with others that you should be at the forefront of a new Supporters Front this is the time to really go for it and just maybe the Yanks/sellouts will be scurrying away to their hideaways far away from SCFC.

Its interesting you mention local media - we know that they have forced a certain agenda from Day 1 on this (remember the first stories on the day of the Chelsea game?)

For Talksport - I cant remember exactly what happened but they had the Chairman on one day and stifled debate...

Thats not making excuses though
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:04 - Dec 2 with 1538 viewsOldjack

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 21:35 - Dec 2 by Gowerjack

Yep.

Instead the "trust" elected to get into bed with the very vipers that had fücked them over.

Unforgivable.

When this sell-out went public i said it would end in tears .To many chiefs making wrong decisions whilst eating prawn sandwiches, WHEN THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLING FOR ALL OUT WAR and not enough Indians fighting the fight on the ground .People are now saying the vote to take the sell outs to court was rigged .I personally think it was after reading polls on should they, should they not ,with the ''they should ''overwhelming winning them all, Sorry Phil but it stinks to high heaven Joe Public thinks the Trust is dead and all hell will break out soon

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:15 - Dec 2 with 1520 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:04 - Dec 2 by Oldjack

When this sell-out went public i said it would end in tears .To many chiefs making wrong decisions whilst eating prawn sandwiches, WHEN THEY SHOULD HAVE BEEN CALLING FOR ALL OUT WAR and not enough Indians fighting the fight on the ground .People are now saying the vote to take the sell outs to court was rigged .I personally think it was after reading polls on should they, should they not ,with the ''they should ''overwhelming winning them all, Sorry Phil but it stinks to high heaven Joe Public thinks the Trust is dead and all hell will break out soon

The one thing I will guarantee you is no vote was rigged. That sh*t just gets made up
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:21 - Dec 2 with 1506 viewsOldjack

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:15 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

The one thing I will guarantee you is no vote was rigged. That sh*t just gets made up

So you was present when they were counted ?

Prosser the Tosser dwells on Phil's bum hole like a rusty old hemorrhoid ,fact You Greedy Bastards Get Out Of OUR Club!

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:23 - Dec 2 with 1498 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:21 - Dec 2 by Oldjack

So you was present when they were counted ?

No because they were counted by an independent person who (I forget his exact title) is involved in counting votes at local elections

Each voting slip had a unique reference on it

Be careful on believing everything you read from people with clear agendas Alan
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:29 - Dec 2 with 1472 viewsOldjack

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:23 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

No because they were counted by an independent person who (I forget his exact title) is involved in counting votes at local elections

Will do ,should still have taken legal action though, just to see the sell-outs squirm, 5 mill wont get us very far when it all goes tits up and it will mark my words

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:30 - Dec 2 with 1464 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:29 - Dec 2 by Oldjack

Will do ,should still have taken legal action though, just to see the sell-outs squirm, 5 mill wont get us very far when it all goes tits up and it will mark my words

At this level you could argue that neither would £21m

If indeed it was £21m but thats another story
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:34 - Dec 2 with 1447 viewsOldjack

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:30 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

At this level you could argue that neither would £21m

If indeed it was £21m but thats another story

we could buy a whole new team for that in division 1

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:35 - Dec 2 with 1442 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:34 - Dec 2 by Oldjack

we could buy a whole new team for that in division 1

You could or you may need it to pay off a massive debt.

Read Bolton Wanderers ;-)
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:46 - Dec 2 with 1422 viewsOldjack

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:35 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

You could or you may need it to pay off a massive debt.

Read Bolton Wanderers ;-)

not with 5 mill you wont ,we're fuked ! those Yanks will strip us bare and be on their toes as soon as they get a whiff of real relegation

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:48 - Dec 2 with 1415 viewsPhil_S

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:46 - Dec 2 by Oldjack

not with 5 mill you wont ,we're fuked ! those Yanks will strip us bare and be on their toes as soon as they get a whiff of real relegation

Think you missed the point in the answers but I think we are roughly on the same page

Without the libellous accusations made without substance
Who is to blame for the current situation? on 23:05 - Dec 2 with 1381 viewsDewi1jack

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 22:23 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

I do believe you would still make a good leader of the Trust but,
the vote was not rigged in the counting but in the proposal for each course of action paper.
The bad deal was pushed very hard whilst the take legal action section was a sort of "don't take this course. It'll end badly" bit of writing.
Most people who had no clue as to what was the likely outcome of the takeover, by an unknown (and still unknown) hedge fund or how badly the Trust had been f**ked over by Morgan, Beaky and the rest of the crew.
These people were only going to vote one way- the way they were "influenced"
That is how I see the vote was rigged.
Not after when the votes were counted

And what p1sses me off the most is that 50% of the members couldn't be arzed to vote one way or t'other, even though the vote was free!
Apathy will kill anything off.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 23:11 - Dec 2 with 1364 viewsBloodyhills

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 20:23 - Dec 2 by Phil_S

This is an interesting one because at the time I would have completely agreed that it was the right time

But now I look back and wonder why he had lost interest. Had it been a genuine loss of interest or was it the interference that we see now?

I have been wondering about that, whether Laudrup was just bored with it or he hadhad a guts full of dealing with Jenkins and the board. Hindsight makes the latter seem quite a possibility.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 23:39 - Dec 2 with 1320 viewsSwanseajill

Who is to blame for the current situation? on 21:00 - Dec 2 by jasfan

Whilst I can understand that some fans have strong views on the Trust's approach to dealing with the new owners, I cannot understand how the Trust can be criticised for being put in that very position by the actions of others.

I also think we have to be careful (myself included) not to damage the one body representing the fans that potentially could still influence and shape the football club in a way that most fans would be happy with. To do so would play into others' hands.

Until very recently, I had been loathe to criticise the Trust Board for precisely that reason and because they carry out their roles as volunteers on our behalf. However, after much frustration over the share sale negotiations and the tone of the communication to a member applying to be co-opted, I felt I had to comment. In future I hope to be more circumspect with my comments.

Nevertheless, I would urge those currently on the Trust Board to reflect on the raison d'etre of the Supporters Trust, namely to ensure that a professional football club exists in Swansea, and whether their future strategy aligns with that aim. I believe that doing so would help unite the fans in a cause we strongly believe in. The £100,000 raised in 2003 tells you that.

Finally, I hope that Lisa and ECB get co-opted to the Trust Board as I think their knowledge, professionalism and passion for the football club will be an asset. I have also re-joined the Supporters Trust and would urge others to the same.

Great post.

Just facts, no surmising, no Chinese whispers.
Support for the one voice we have in this club. We need to nurture it, not destroy it.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024