Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Why did we buy Clucas? 22:26 - Dec 15 with 2405 viewsGlyn1

Why? How can we spend millions on a reserve player? Decent enough, but no better than what we already have. Genuinely don't understand why we got him.

Poll: Who should be our next manager? Please name them.

Why did we buy Clucas? on 22:46 - Dec 15 with 2359 viewsNeathJack

Quite simply due to utter incompetence on a Premier League scale.
Why did we buy Clucas? on 22:56 - Dec 15 with 2330 viewsdobjack2

He and Tom Carroll are best in the same position.

We bought someone for a lot of money in a position we had coveted and didn’t get players in where we needed them.

What you get when you have people out of their depth in charge of recruitment
Why did we buy Clucas? on 23:20 - Dec 15 with 2281 viewsbuilthjack

He was nothing special for Hereford.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Why did we buy Clucas? on 23:39 - Dec 15 with 2248 viewsswan65split

theres a few of our transfers should be looked at scrutinized deeply!
Why did we buy Clucas? on 00:11 - Dec 16 with 2194 viewsGowerjack

Decent enough..?

Really?

I mean really.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

Why did we buy Clucas? on 00:30 - Dec 16 with 2172 viewsFerrieBodde

Why did we buy Clucas? on 00:11 - Dec 16 by Gowerjack

Decent enough..?

Really?

I mean really.

Yep. That part got me too. We have some really idiotic supporters.

Clucas is a League One at best footballer who played a small part in Hull getting promoted and then a huge part in them getting relegated. In the year they got promoted he was carried by his partners in the midfield (Huddlestone, Snodgrass, Diame) that were actually Prem quality players and did all the dirty work for him. It wasn't hard to look good in that side, especially when he played in front of a backline that had Harry Maguire (current England international now at Leicester), Michael Dawson (former Spurs legend and England international), Curtis Davies, and Andrew Robertson (now at Liverpool).

The fact that Clucas was still playing in League Two when he was 25 years old says it all. How many decent footballers--except maybe with the exception of Rickie Lambert who is a one in a million example of a player that worked his way up through all divisions of pro English football to reach the Prem--were still playing at that level when they were that age?

Pound for pound, I don't think you will find a poorer signing in Prem history than Clucas for 16m. Baffling beyond words. It really is.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 23:48]
Why did we buy Clucas? on 08:05 - Dec 16 with 1993 viewsJango

Why did we buy Clucas? on 00:30 - Dec 16 by FerrieBodde

Yep. That part got me too. We have some really idiotic supporters.

Clucas is a League One at best footballer who played a small part in Hull getting promoted and then a huge part in them getting relegated. In the year they got promoted he was carried by his partners in the midfield (Huddlestone, Snodgrass, Diame) that were actually Prem quality players and did all the dirty work for him. It wasn't hard to look good in that side, especially when he played in front of a backline that had Harry Maguire (current England international now at Leicester), Michael Dawson (former Spurs legend and England international), Curtis Davies, and Andrew Robertson (now at Liverpool).

The fact that Clucas was still playing in League Two when he was 25 years old says it all. How many decent footballers--except maybe with the exception of Rickie Lambert who is a one in a million example of a player that worked his way up through all divisions of pro English football to reach the Prem--were still playing at that level when they were that age?

Pound for pound, I don't think you will find a poorer signing in Prem history than Clucas for 16m. Baffling beyond words. It really is.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 23:48]

How old was Leon Britton when we were in league one? To say hes league 1 at best makes you the idiotic one I’m afraid.
[Post edited 16 Dec 2017 8:07]
Why did we buy Clucas? on 10:54 - Dec 16 with 1821 viewsSwanseaisgreat

Utility player = smaller squad = save millions in wages

All I can come up with.

Fer, Olsson, Clucas, Ayew - no dreadlocks but all got premier league relegations on their CV. Maybe that's one of the new main criteria for new signings.
Login to get fewer ads

Why did we buy Clucas? on 11:58 - Dec 16 with 1755 viewsBloodyhills

It beats me, He doesn't seem much good.

Over the last few years we have spvunked money away on a whole load of mediocre players when buying fewer who have some quality would have been wiser.

Poll: Who wants the Swans to lose games get relegated to get rid of Huw and the yanks.

Why did we buy Clucas? on 12:11 - Dec 16 with 1739 viewstheloneranger

Why did we buy Clucas? on 10:54 - Dec 16 by Swanseaisgreat

Utility player = smaller squad = save millions in wages

All I can come up with.

Fer, Olsson, Clucas, Ayew - no dreadlocks but all got premier league relegations on their CV. Maybe that's one of the new main criteria for new signings.

Both Ollson and Fer are on a hat trick of relegations from the Premier League....

As JohnToshack said...... "There are Premier League players"..... AND

"There are Players, playing in the Premier League"....!!

The last statement describes us exactly

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Why did we buy Clucas? on 12:47 - Dec 16 with 1704 viewsFlashberryjack

Why did we buy Clucas? on 23:39 - Dec 15 by swan65split

theres a few of our transfers should be looked at scrutinized deeply!

I would suggest a few people, other than Hull City made a lot of money out of the Clucas transfer.....and as we now know, there are a lot of shady characters in football.

Although I'm sure there's no such characters at our club.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Why did we buy Clucas? on 13:20 - Dec 16 with 1658 viewsswan65split

Why did we buy Clucas? on 12:47 - Dec 16 by Flashberryjack

I would suggest a few people, other than Hull City made a lot of money out of the Clucas transfer.....and as we now know, there are a lot of shady characters in football.

Although I'm sure there's no such characters at our club.

of course there isnt
Why did we buy Clucas? on 13:31 - Dec 16 with 1629 viewsJoe_bradshaw

If Clucas was playing for a club with a manager who understood what he could bring when played in his best position he could be worth about a third of what we paid for him.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Why did we buy Clucas? on 15:00 - Dec 16 with 1549 viewsFlashberryjack

Why did we buy Clucas? on 13:31 - Dec 16 by Joe_bradshaw

If Clucas was playing for a club with a manager who understood what he could bring when played in his best position he could be worth about a third of what we paid for him.

If we had a manager/DOF who who understood what Clucas could bring when played in his best position ........we wouldn't have bought him in the first place.

His value would be academic because he/they would know that he's nearer being an average Championship player rather than a below average PL player.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024