Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Routledge and Firmino 18:17 - Jan 14 with 3582 viewsperchrockjack

On the sky advert

Closest the great servant will get to a player of real class

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

Routledge and Firmino on 19:41 - Jan 15 with 742 views3swan

Routledge and Firmino on 19:35 - Jan 15 by perchrockjack

Personal hatred . . . . ?not really, simply football wise

What is remarkable is the OTT support on an unremarkable player who,even at his best, was anything but exceptional.

An insult to the many much better less lauded players who ve worn the short

The sickening support for this has been shows how far we ve sunk .

We re stuck with him

Perhaps 247 and others could point out just what Wayne has contributed to our club

Come on now Rich

We all know he's best his sell by date.

However when we played as a team he had a role to play and "the whole was greater than the sum of the parts"

I don't think any think he has a role to play now but his time here hasn't totally been a waste of time
Routledge and Firmino on 19:45 - Jan 15 with 732 viewsPozuelosSideys

Why is this bellwhiff even comparing these 2?

Routledge is now a 33 yr old winger who has lost a yard or two of pace these days whose game was based on beating opponents from a standing start. Not his fault age is catching up with him. Hes had a pretty decent career seeing as he was only born with one foot.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Routledge and Firmino on 19:48 - Jan 15 with 726 viewsjack247

What is remarkable is the OTT support on an unremarkable player who,even at his best, was anything but exceptional.

We re stuck with him

Perhaps 247 and others could point out just what Wayne has contributed to our club

He was an integral part of what was arguably our best ever team, certainly of the last 30 odd years. Typical ‘Swanselona’ player, relied on timing and intelligence more than physical gifts. Was picked regularly by both Rodgers and Laudrup, even when Pablo Hernandez was here, as well as their successors.

No argument from me that he has slowed down considerably and barely merits a place on the bench anymore, particularly with our more industrial brand of football.

Several times you’ve said you’ve never understood what he brought to the table. Maybe his style of football was just too cerebral for you.
Routledge and Firminotassec on 19:49 - Jan 15 with 724 viewsperchrockjack

Clive

Thanks for a decent response

However, sorry, the praise for him is OTT and my comments reflect that .
The usual prosserite pricks might ,as per usual, avoid pertinent posting but this fella was given a ludicrous contract extension.
We re sinking fast, YET what do our glorious greats posters do, utterly avoid the most aposite and simply aim poison at Perch .pitiful

Routledge will be made for life financially and by our club who apparentlybhavenypt a lot to pisse in.

It's a feckn outrage and sadly this simple fact and the gross sentimentality stinks

I can think of plenty of far greater players for our club who ve made greater contribution and for far less reward . It's sickening to behold .

In footballing terms ,Routledge is a stain on the sheets that s impossible to remove and leaves one embarrassed

Routledge and Firmino on 19:49 - Jan 15 with 724 viewsPozuelosSideys

Routledge and Firmino on 19:48 - Jan 15 by jack247

He was an integral part of what was arguably our best ever team, certainly of the last 30 odd years. Typical ‘Swanselona’ player, relied on timing and intelligence more than physical gifts. Was picked regularly by both Rodgers and Laudrup, even when Pablo Hernandez was here, as well as their successors.

No argument from me that he has slowed down considerably and barely merits a place on the bench anymore, particularly with our more industrial brand of football.

Several times you’ve said you’ve never understood what he brought to the table. Maybe his style of football was just too cerebral for you.

ffs. Hes gonna think youre talking about Coco Pops with your last sentence

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Routledge and Firmino on 19:52 - Jan 15 with 719 viewsperchrockjack

Indeed not. Ive never liked Coco pops either and I hope there s no racial connotation in that

Carry on boys . If it feels good do it.

Routledge and Firmino on 19:55 - Jan 15 with 713 viewsjack247

Routledge and Firmino on 19:52 - Jan 15 by perchrockjack

Indeed not. Ive never liked Coco pops either and I hope there s no racial connotation in that

Carry on boys . If it feels good do it.

You may not have understood what Routledge brought to the team, but please tell me you understand Pozuelos joke?
Routledge and Firmino on 20:17 - Jan 15 with 684 viewsperchrockjack

I understand perfectly ,as much as it's possible on here

I do wonder about what people see and what they post on here

Login to get fewer ads

Routledge and Firminotassec on 20:20 - Jan 15 with 673 views3swan

Routledge and Firminotassec on 19:49 - Jan 15 by perchrockjack

Clive

The usual prosserite pricks might ,as per usual, avoid pertinent posting but this fella was given a ludicrous contract extension.
We re sinking fast, YET what do our glorious greats posters do, utterly avoid the most aposite and simply aim poison at Perch .pitiful

Routledge will be made for life financially and by our club who apparentlybhavenypt a lot to pisse in.

It's a feckn outrage and sadly this simple fact and the gross sentimentality stinks

I can think of plenty of far greater players for our club who ve made greater contribution and for far less reward . It's sickening to behold .

In footballing terms ,Routledge is a stain on the sheets that s impossible to remove and leaves one embarrassed

We all read things differently.

I haven't seen any OTT posts praising him, but just ones that have said he has benefited the team in the past.

His time is gone, and I'm sure that if he plays again this season it's because the available squad is down to the bare bones. In truth I'd think he knows that as well
Routledge and Firmino on 20:22 - Jan 15 with 667 viewsjack247

Routledge and Firmino on 20:17 - Jan 15 by perchrockjack

I understand perfectly ,as much as it's possible on here

I do wonder about what people see and what they post on here

You knew there were no racial connotations then
Routledge and Firmino on 21:05 - Jan 15 with 642 viewsCooperman

We re stuck with him

He’s played nigh on 150 times in our successful seasons in the Premier League.

You can’t blame him for accepting a contract extension after passing his best before date.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

Routledge and Firmino on 23:00 - Jan 15 with 608 viewsAl_Bundy

Routledge and Firmino on 15:26 - Jan 15 by jack247

I’ll probably take loads of shit for this, but Routledges biggest problem is the way we play. Put him in a side playing Rodgers/Laudrup/Martinez football and he’ll be fine. He’ll still snatch horribly wide when through on goal, but he will play triangles, make clever runs and create openings for others all day long. Put him in a Clement/Bradley/Monk team without so much interplay, where he is expected to run at players one on one and he’s always going to be the first subbed off.

Routs is playing 2 leagues higher than his current ability. He goes hiding in most matches and has lost a couple of yards of pace which he had.

His confidence is shot to pieces also. Why he doesn't play some U23 matches to get his head right is beyond me even just for match fitness alone.
Routledge and Firminotassec on 23:35 - Jan 15 with 587 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Routledge and Firminotassec on 19:49 - Jan 15 by perchrockjack

Clive

Gross sentimentality???
When you click on here do you see thread after thread praising Routledge? In your head maybe????
The fact that people have the right and see the need to defend Wayne Routledge from the most spiteful and hateful poster on here does not equate to them being 'grossly over sentimental' towards him.
It just means someone else is venting their bitter spleen against one of the players from (arguably) our most successful side .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Routledge and Firmino on 00:20 - Jan 16 with 575 viewsJack_Kass

WR has the record for most appearances for the club in the PL.
[Post edited 16 Jan 2018 0:21]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

Routledge and Firminotassec on 07:03 - Jan 16 with 535 viewsDr_Winston

Routledge and Firminotassec on 23:35 - Jan 15 by Brynmill_Jack

Gross sentimentality???
When you click on here do you see thread after thread praising Routledge? In your head maybe????
The fact that people have the right and see the need to defend Wayne Routledge from the most spiteful and hateful poster on here does not equate to them being 'grossly over sentimental' towards him.
It just means someone else is venting their bitter spleen against one of the players from (arguably) our most successful side .

Spot on.

Perchy's problem is he genuinely believes that people only criticise his opinions because they're his opinions, and not because they are, in general, clueless, hateful shit.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Routledge and Firmino on 09:15 - Jan 16 with 509 viewsperchrockjack

No Jamesy.
Your problem is more profound.
You have actually no fookn idea as to what I'm about or why cretins posts as they do. This site Is full of hate and you know it, you encourage it and revel in it.
Looks at just what is posted and the vile tirade by the likes of pross and Resurection.

Routledge ... A has been and we re still paying him.
The number of games he s played shows ,if you think, just what a basket. Are we are as a club.
No? ...well try again

A player whom we cannot get rid of

End of

Routledge and Firmino on 09:16 - Jan 16 with 508 viewsjack247

Routledge and Firmino on 23:00 - Jan 15 by Al_Bundy

Routs is playing 2 leagues higher than his current ability. He goes hiding in most matches and has lost a couple of yards of pace which he had.

His confidence is shot to pieces also. Why he doesn't play some U23 matches to get his head right is beyond me even just for match fitness alone.

I’d guess it’s because he’s not going to be any use to us unless we start playing triangles and making the ball do the work again. I remember him giving one of our fullbacks, I think Bessone, hell playing for Cardiff, but he’s never been that type of player for us. He needs creativity and movement around him to play his game. We haven’t had that for a couple of years.

He is probably behind Dyer, Narsingh, Ayew and Clucas. Not much point stunting one of the younger players development to accommodate him.
Routledge and Firmino on 09:20 - Jan 16 with 502 views34dfgdf54

Routledge and Firmino on 09:16 - Jan 16 by jack247

I’d guess it’s because he’s not going to be any use to us unless we start playing triangles and making the ball do the work again. I remember him giving one of our fullbacks, I think Bessone, hell playing for Cardiff, but he’s never been that type of player for us. He needs creativity and movement around him to play his game. We haven’t had that for a couple of years.

He is probably behind Dyer, Narsingh, Ayew and Clucas. Not much point stunting one of the younger players development to accommodate him.

Routledge relied more on pace in the earlier years, always got to the bye (sp?) line. As he got older he brought movement, positional sense into his game, similar to Giggs but on a much smaller scale obviously.
Routledge and Firmino on 09:20 - Jan 16 with 502 viewsperchrockjack

Anyway,back on topic.

It is odd choosing Wayne

No?

Routledge and Firmino on 09:32 - Jan 16 with 498 viewsjack247

Routledge and Firmino on 09:20 - Jan 16 by perchrockjack

Anyway,back on topic.

It is odd choosing Wayne

No?

Yes.

There’s no need for this lengthy and clueless tirade against him though. Says more about you than it does about the player.
Routledge and Firmino on 09:36 - Jan 16 with 496 viewsperchrockjack

An feck it.
Enjoy the day .
It might be be our last

Routledge and Firmino on 10:58 - Jan 16 with 457 viewsjack247

Routledge and Firmino on 09:20 - Jan 16 by 34dfgdf54

Routledge relied more on pace in the earlier years, always got to the bye (sp?) line. As he got older he brought movement, positional sense into his game, similar to Giggs but on a much smaller scale obviously.

He had more pace when he was younger, but he’s never really relied on it with us, mainly because he arrived under Rodgers and then played under Laudrup. It was all about triangles and timing runs. He got less and less effective as our football moved away from the way we used to play.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024