Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christopher Hitchens 13:50 - Jan 19 with 12530 viewsLohengrin

Any other admirers on here? I'm about fifty or so pages from finishing a re-reading of Why Orwell Matters and seriously considering going back to the start and doing it all over again for the third time. I've read any number of commentaries on Orwell, any that have come up over the years, really, but Hitchens is in a class all his own.

You may not agree with everything he has to say, I certainly haven't on many occasions, on any number of themes, but you can't but help admire the way he put his views across. It's such a shame he was taken before the Trump Presidency he would have made for compulsive, hilarious reading.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Christopher Hitchens on 20:48 - Jan 19 with 1244 viewslondonlisa2001

Christopher Hitchens on 20:20 - Jan 19 by icecoldjack

Lets keep it all in the context here please, offended by a rubber cock is what we're talking about .

It's an internet forum and things will get said, as for a line in the sand, thats the point, what will be one persons line in the sand will be different for the next person, so what is actually offensive ? we rely on moral compass to guide us through life not some weird lefty agenda where everything is turned upside down .

being offended about a rubber cock is pretty much as snowflake as things get, that's my point, nothing to do with a line in the fookin sand or racist jokes.

Virtue signaling that a rubber cock is offensive shows just how upside down things have got . Utter nonsense .

No, it's actually not.

It's the fact that someone finds it acceptable to tell a woman he's never met to play with a sex toy simply because he disagrees with her opinion on a totally unrelated matter. When he hasn't even been part of the ongoing conversation. It's an attempt to bully.

It's pretty simple. As, it seems, are you,
Christopher Hitchens on 20:50 - Jan 19 with 1235 viewsicecoldjack

Christopher Hitchens on 20:37 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

No malice?

Laughable.

As for the #metoo dig, as it happens I don't know of a single woman including myself that hasn't been subjected to some little sh*t groping them,assaulting them or generally acting in a way that I bet you've never had to put up with.

Glad you find it all so funny though.

Yet again, and it's a trait of left thinking these days, the topic of discussion is your offence over a rubber cock, not the sexual abuse of women so please stop with the drama !

Having said that, I don't know many men that haven't been subjected to similar things from women either, especially these days, but in the world of equality it's only equality when it works for women .

By the way ,where did i say any of it was funny ? i look forward to you retracting that comment in the next post .

Londonlisa-deeply offended by a rubber cock comment on an internet forum, then equates it to women being sexually assaulted . welcome to the modern world.
Christopher Hitchens on 20:54 - Jan 19 with 1226 viewsicecoldjack

Christopher Hitchens on 20:48 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

No, it's actually not.

It's the fact that someone finds it acceptable to tell a woman he's never met to play with a sex toy simply because he disagrees with her opinion on a totally unrelated matter. When he hasn't even been part of the ongoing conversation. It's an attempt to bully.

It's pretty simple. As, it seems, are you,

I feel your pain and suffering from thousands of miles away Lisa i really do, i'll be wearing a pink pussy hat in solidarity for the deep hurt and humiliation your feeling tonight.

#firstworldproblems

#prayforlondonlisa
Christopher Hitchens on 21:09 - Jan 19 with 1212 viewslondonlisa2001

Christopher Hitchens on 20:50 - Jan 19 by icecoldjack

Yet again, and it's a trait of left thinking these days, the topic of discussion is your offence over a rubber cock, not the sexual abuse of women so please stop with the drama !

Having said that, I don't know many men that haven't been subjected to similar things from women either, especially these days, but in the world of equality it's only equality when it works for women .

By the way ,where did i say any of it was funny ? i look forward to you retracting that comment in the next post .

Londonlisa-deeply offended by a rubber cock comment on an internet forum, then equates it to women being sexually assaulted . welcome to the modern world.

You were the one who posted #metoo with a snide comment.

I wasn't equating anything. I was simply responding to both parts of your post.

And you do not know men who've been subjected to the same thing from women these days.

How many times has a male friend given you his phone number and details of exactly where he'll be at exact times when he goes on a date for the first time in case he gets physically attacked by the woman he's meeting?

You quite obviously are too stupid to understand, as well as being too stupid to remember what you posted a short while ago about your views on what's acceptable on the internet.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 21:14]
Christopher Hitchens on 21:13 - Jan 19 with 1199 viewslondonlisa2001

Christopher Hitchens on 20:54 - Jan 19 by icecoldjack

I feel your pain and suffering from thousands of miles away Lisa i really do, i'll be wearing a pink pussy hat in solidarity for the deep hurt and humiliation your feeling tonight.

#firstworldproblems

#prayforlondonlisa

Again, I didn't mention anything at all about being either hurt or humiliated.

And it's 'you're'.

#firstworldeducation
Christopher Hitchens on 21:15 - Jan 19 with 1193 viewsSpearchucker_Jones

Christopher Hitchens on 21:09 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

And you do not know men who've been subjected to the same thing from women these days.

How many times has a male friend given you his phone number and details of exactly where he'll be at exact times when he goes on a date for the first time in case he gets physically attacked by the woman he's meeting?

You quite obviously are too stupid to understand, as well as being too stupid to remember what you posted a short while ago about your views on what's acceptable on the internet.

I started typing a response but stopped, I wouldn't waste your breath, it would just be rhetorical, he really is exceptionally thick (don't be offended icecold, it's only an internet forum)...
Christopher Hitchens on 21:22 - Jan 19 with 1176 viewsLohengrin

"How many times has a male friend given you his phone number and details of exactly where he'll be at exact times when he goes on a date for the first time in case he gets physically attacked by the woman he's meeting?

Good grief! Have you ever felt the need to do that, love?

Christopher Hitchens on 21:25 - Jan 19 with 1170 viewsicecoldjack

So once again i will directly ask you, where did i say any of this was funny ?

No apology ? you show a distinct lack of class my dear !

Yet you insult and throw what some people may say are nasty comments back, yet, i am not offended by anything you say, and once again you seem to want to move away from the issue of the rubber cock being offensive to now wanting to link it toward sexual assault .

But you do make a very interesting point, are you arguing the case that men and women are not actually equal and that there is a big difference between the sexes meaning that women are not capable of being on an equal footing with a man in a personal situation should it take a dark twist ? because that goes against your left way of thinking does it not ?

I blame the rubber cock comment myself, never have a seen someone so triggered in the wrong way by a dildo !

What is acceptable on the internet is down to the moral compass of those induviduals involved, thats what it is and always will be lisa, there are no rules for what is acceptable, that was my point, we exercise common sense and logic, something you seem to be a bit short on quite frankly .

Offended by a rubber cock, equates it to sexual abuse, classic virtue signalling fair play .
Login to get fewer ads

Christopher Hitchens on 21:29 - Jan 19 with 1164 viewslondonlisa2001

Christopher Hitchens on 21:22 - Jan 19 by Lohengrin

"How many times has a male friend given you his phone number and details of exactly where he'll be at exact times when he goes on a date for the first time in case he gets physically attacked by the woman he's meeting?

No. I haven't been in that position for 25 years or so when things were very different...

But I've had many female friends who have done exactly that on a number of occasions if they've been dating in the last 5 years or so. Genuinely. It's advice that most women now follow (certainly in London - it may be very different still elsewhere). Always in public. Always let friends know exactly where you are and text if you move to a different place during the evening. Seriously. It's sad.
Christopher Hitchens on 21:29 - Jan 19 with 1163 viewsNeath_Jack

I'd be very alarmed if any female family member didn't do exactly that. You sound surprised by a woman doing that.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Christopher Hitchens on 21:31 - Jan 19 with 1155 viewsicecoldjack

It doesn't say much for her judgement or faith in the opposite sex !

No wonder sales of rubber cocks are going through the roof these days !
Christopher Hitchens on 21:33 - Jan 19 with 1150 viewsicecoldjack

Christopher Hitchens on 21:29 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

No. I haven't been in that position for 25 years or so when things were very different...

But I've had many female friends who have done exactly that on a number of occasions if they've been dating in the last 5 years or so. Genuinely. It's advice that most women now follow (certainly in London - it may be very different still elsewhere). Always in public. Always let friends know exactly where you are and text if you move to a different place during the evening. Seriously. It's sad.

Seriously. I totally agree with that comment , especially in London.

Not being serious, there is always the option of staying in with a rubber cock !

Oh the irony !
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 21:33]
Christopher Hitchens on 21:37 - Jan 19 with 1148 viewslondonlisa2001

Christopher Hitchens on 21:25 - Jan 19 by icecoldjack

So once again i will directly ask you, where did i say any of this was funny ?

No apology ? you show a distinct lack of class my dear !

Yet you insult and throw what some people may say are nasty comments back, yet, i am not offended by anything you say, and once again you seem to want to move away from the issue of the rubber cock being offensive to now wanting to link it toward sexual assault .

But you do make a very interesting point, are you arguing the case that men and women are not actually equal and that there is a big difference between the sexes meaning that women are not capable of being on an equal footing with a man in a personal situation should it take a dark twist ? because that goes against your left way of thinking does it not ?

I blame the rubber cock comment myself, never have a seen someone so triggered in the wrong way by a dildo !

What is acceptable on the internet is down to the moral compass of those induviduals involved, thats what it is and always will be lisa, there are no rules for what is acceptable, that was my point, we exercise common sense and logic, something you seem to be a bit short on quite frankly .

Offended by a rubber cock, equates it to sexual abuse, classic virtue signalling fair play .

I didn't equate it. You posted it.

And your point about men and women being on an equal footing if it takes a dark twist is frankly ridiculous, utterly stupid and actually quite disturbing.

I already explained in a previous post that it is not about being offended by what was said but by someone believing they had the right to say it.

Perhaps you didn't understand?
Christopher Hitchens on 21:43 - Jan 19 with 1139 viewsBrynCartwright

I really did think that this thread was about Christopher Hitchens, not ribber dicks.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

Christopher Hitchens on 21:46 - Jan 19 with 1130 viewsoh_tommy_tommy

Christopher Hitchens on 21:43 - Jan 19 by BrynCartwright

I really did think that this thread was about Christopher Hitchens, not ribber dicks.

Both very similar

Poll: DO you support the uk getting involved in Syria

Christopher Hitchens on 21:51 - Jan 19 with 1117 viewsicecoldjack

Christopher Hitchens on 21:37 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

I didn't equate it. You posted it.

And your point about men and women being on an equal footing if it takes a dark twist is frankly ridiculous, utterly stupid and actually quite disturbing.

I already explained in a previous post that it is not about being offended by what was said but by someone believing they had the right to say it.

Perhaps you didn't understand?

No, it's utterly stupid and dissapointing left way of thinking Lisa .

So not offended by rubber cocks now ?

Jeez, typical woman, can never make up their minds aye..
Christopher Hitchens on 21:52 - Jan 19 with 1108 viewsicecoldjack

Christopher Hitchens on 21:43 - Jan 19 by BrynCartwright

Yeah #metoo !
Christopher Hitchens on 21:54 - Jan 19 with 1104 viewsHumpty

Christopher Hitchens on 21:51 - Jan 19 by icecoldjack

No, it's utterly stupid and dissapointing left way of thinking Lisa .

So not offended by rubber cocks now ?

Jeez, typical woman, can never make up their minds aye..

Someone's had his arse handed to him and his now trying to cover it up by repeating childish nonsense.

Silly boy.
Christopher Hitchens on 21:57 - Jan 19 with 1096 viewsicecoldjack

Christopher Hitchens on 21:54 - Jan 19 by Humpty

Someone's had his arse handed to him and his now trying to cover it up by repeating childish nonsense.

Silly boy.

I think you just fell off that wall again mate .
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 21:58]
Christopher Hitchens on 21:58 - Jan 19 with 1095 viewsSpearchucker_Jones

Christopher Hitchens on 21:54 - Jan 19 by Humpty

Silly boy.

It has to be his lowest point on the forum (and a contender for anyone's frankly)...
Christopher Hitchens on 22:00 - Jan 19 with 1089 viewsicecoldjack

Christopher Hitchens on 21:58 - Jan 19 by Spearchucker_Jones

It has to be his lowest point on the forum (and a contender for anyone's frankly)...

Spearchucker ?

i'd keep quiet with a name like that myself .
Christopher Hitchens on 22:01 - Jan 19 with 1089 viewsLohengrin

Christopher Hitchens on 21:29 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

There are some things that are so far outside of my lived experience that they simply wouldn't occur to me, love. On those occasions when they do intrude they invariably either sadden or appal me. What you are saying has managed to do both.

Christopher Hitchens on 22:02 - Jan 19 with 1085 viewsLohengrin

Christopher Hitchens on 21:29 - Jan 19 by Neath_Jack

I'd be very alarmed if any female family member didn't do exactly that. You sound surprised by a woman doing that.

I am to be honest. It makes me glad my daughters weren't raised in a big city.

Christopher Hitchens on 22:04 - Jan 19 with 1082 viewsSpearchucker_Jones

Christopher Hitchens on 22:00 - Jan 19 by icecoldjack

Spearchucker ?

i'd keep quiet with a name like that myself .

And now a "gay" joke. I suggest you log off and get some sleep but somehow don't think you're going to do that...
Christopher Hitchens on 22:07 - Jan 19 with 1076 viewsicecoldjack

Christopher Hitchens on 22:04 - Jan 19 by Spearchucker_Jones

And now a "gay" joke. I suggest you log off and get some sleep but somehow don't think you're going to do that...

Gay joke ?

You've made a gay joke out of your user name ? why would you do that ?

We have Lisa getting offended by rubber cocks, Humpty falling off his wall and now you turning up with a gay joke user name !

Dear me.. i bid you all a very goodnight.
[Post edited 19 Jan 2018 22:10]
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024