Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Christopher Hitchens 13:50 - Jan 19 with 12528 viewsLohengrin

Any other admirers on here? I'm about fifty or so pages from finishing a re-reading of Why Orwell Matters and seriously considering going back to the start and doing it all over again for the third time. I've read any number of commentaries on Orwell, any that have come up over the years, really, but Hitchens is in a class all his own.

You may not agree with everything he has to say, I certainly haven't on many occasions, on any number of themes, but you can't but help admire the way he put his views across. It's such a shame he was taken before the Trump Presidency he would have made for compulsive, hilarious reading.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Christopher Hitchens on 16:16 - Jan 19 with 1124 viewslondonlisa2001

Christopher Hitchens on 16:11 - Jan 19 by pikeypaul

More nonsense from the silly little girl.

I hope she has fresh batteries for her toy.

Grow up you pathetic little freak.
Christopher Hitchens on 16:25 - Jan 19 with 1101 viewsMo_Wives

Right, WTF just happened here. Did Lisa just attack someone for their 'life choices', while at the same time Pikey Paul accused her of using battery operated sexual aids? I think this thread may have to be put away for the night until everyone has calmed down

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 16:30 - Jan 19 with 1094 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 15:50 - Jan 19 by Lohengrin

The really frightening thing, Mo, the thing that keeps me awake at night is the creepy f**ks want to try and do it through the medium of dance!

Just went back and watched this. I would like to put a stop to that through the medium of fist.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 16:36 - Jan 19 with 1081 viewsLohengrin

Christopher Hitchens on 16:25 - Jan 19 by Mo_Wives

Right, WTF just happened here. Did Lisa just attack someone for their 'life choices', while at the same time Pikey Paul accused her of using battery operated sexual aids? I think this thread may have to be put away for the night until everyone has calmed down

Well that went down hill quicker than Franz Klammer after he put the weight on.

You could be right, mate. It's probably for the best if we started backing away slowly from the OK Corral.

Christopher Hitchens on 16:43 - Jan 19 with 1071 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 16:36 - Jan 19 by Lohengrin

Well that went down hill quicker than Franz Klammer after he put the weight on.

You could be right, mate. It's probably for the best if we started backing away slowly from the OK Corral.

I think people may have taken positions they don't believe in. Maybe we could have a break so people can review their positions and recharge their batteries...I mean rest their minds, not their appliances.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 16:44 - Jan 19 with 1069 viewsHighjack

Christopher Hitchens on 16:25 - Jan 19 by Mo_Wives

I'm offended and outraged at this and if I were on twitter I would be tweeting angrily about this and setting up a petition to have her publically flogged.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Christopher Hitchens on 16:49 - Jan 19 with 1065 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 16:44 - Jan 19 by Highjack

I'm offended and outraged at this and if I were on twitter I would be tweeting angrily about this and setting up a petition to have her publically flogged.

It's only right we use the law to protect people from getting offended. Bring out the ducking stool.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 16:54 - Jan 19 with 1058 viewsHighjack

Has Gary Lineker tweeted his disgust at these comments yet?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Christopher Hitchens on 16:57 - Jan 19 with 1054 viewsLohengrin

Christopher Hitchens on 16:54 - Jan 19 by Highjack

I'm not sure but Lily Allen's not speaking to me any more.

Christopher Hitchens on 17:03 - Jan 19 with 1047 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 16:54 - Jan 19 by Highjack

I'm not sure...but a group of activists have turned up at the statue of London Lisa as we speak...think they may try to tear it down

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 17:04 - Jan 19 with 1045 viewslondonlisa2001

Christopher Hitchens on 16:15 - Jan 19 by Mo_Wives

If someone was a Christian and straight and then one day announced that they were gay and now an atheist, would you hold that against them?

I don't really hold truck with someone doing anything solely for publicity and then using it to excuse their abhorrent views.

People can be genuinely anything they want to be. It's the pretence that's wrong. It's making a mockery of people.
Christopher Hitchens on 17:06 - Jan 19 with 1040 viewsLohengrin

Christopher Hitchens on 17:04 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

I don't really hold truck with someone doing anything solely for publicity and then using it to excuse their abhorrent views.

People can be genuinely anything they want to be. It's the pretence that's wrong. It's making a mockery of people.

Not that I've...ahem...been to any clubs or anything like that, love, but he does seem pretty gay to me?

Christopher Hitchens on 17:07 - Jan 19 with 1039 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 17:04 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

Could you lay out your evidence you have to show why you believe he's faking it?

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 17:11 - Jan 19 with 1034 viewslondonlisa2001

Christopher Hitchens on 16:44 - Jan 19 by Highjack

I'm offended that a woman on this forum can be subjected to a really disgusting comment and no one thinks twice about it and would rather spend their energy p*ssing around.
Christopher Hitchens on 17:11 - Jan 19 with 1033 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 17:06 - Jan 19 by Lohengrin

Not that I've...ahem...been to any clubs or anything like that, love, but he does seem pretty gay to me?

Yep. His dress sense is impeccable, tbh.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 17:13 - Jan 19 with 1031 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 17:11 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

I'm offended that a woman on this forum can be subjected to a really disgusting comment and no one thinks twice about it and would rather spend their energy p*ssing around.

Men are subjected to them everyday, tbh and I don't pull people up for it. Equality innit.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 17:23 - Jan 19 with 1017 viewsWarwickHunt

Hitch always struck me as a modern day Orwell. Never afraid to burst the balloons of both left and right's received wisdom.

No one was safe and rightly so. All done with elegant, crystal clear prose. A huge loss.
Christopher Hitchens on 17:26 - Jan 19 with 1010 viewslondonlisa2001

He apparently wasn't quite so carefully styled when he worked at the Catholic Herald...

I'm sure by the way he married 'John' as he said (while campaigning against same sex marriage in Australia). All publicity innit. He probably hasn't a clue what he believes. In fact he quite possibly doesn't actually believe anything at all. Other than that he should be famous.
Christopher Hitchens on 17:27 - Jan 19 with 1006 viewsKerouac

He looks like he has caught a lot of cock to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

Christopher Hitchens on 17:30 - Jan 19 with 1002 viewsLohengrin

Christopher Hitchens on 17:26 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

He apparently wasn't quite so carefully styled when he worked at the Catholic Herald...

I'm sure by the way he married 'John' as he said (while campaigning against same sex marriage in Australia). All publicity innit. He probably hasn't a clue what he believes. In fact he quite possibly doesn't actually believe anything at all. Other than that he should be famous.

Ooh! you old cynic you!

Christopher Hitchens on 17:32 - Jan 19 with 1000 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 17:26 - Jan 19 by londonlisa2001

Why not attack his arguments rather than his sexuality?

Are you saying that someone who worked at the Catholic herald didn't act gay? That's a shock.

The problem is that he can't be tarred as homophobic by the SJW's...I'm not surprised people are trying to undermine his sexuality. Incidentally, these are the same people who tell us we must accept how people identify themselves.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 17:33 - Jan 19 with 998 viewsMo_Wives

Christopher Hitchens on 17:27 - Jan 19 by Kerouac

He looks like he has caught a lot of cock to me.

He looks like if it was raining titties he would get hit in the face by a dick.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

Christopher Hitchens on 17:36 - Jan 19 with 992 viewsThursday

I didn't agree with a number of his positions, but I always enjoyed reading and hearing them -- remarkably well argued and entertaining. It's easy to stop reading something when you know you don't agree with the argument; I never put down anything by Hitchens.

A giant taken so soon when there was so much more coming to comment on.

Attended a debate once, where no other debaters turned up, so Hitchens gave an impromptu lecture. At a book signing not so long later, he seemed in wonderful health for his lifestyle. A year or two later, he cancelled the next event and that was that, it did for him.

I'd rather be reading Hitchens than pikeypaul.
Christopher Hitchens on 17:37 - Jan 19 with 988 viewslondonlisa2001

Christopher Hitchens on 17:13 - Jan 19 by Mo_Wives

Men are subjected to them everyday, tbh and I don't pull people up for it. Equality innit.

No. They are not. They may be criticised, but not because they are male.

And I don't need people to defend me or anything similar. I'm more than capable of doing it myself. But it's genuinely shocking that such a disgusting comment can be made.
Christopher Hitchens on 17:40 - Jan 19 with 983 viewslondonlisa2001

Christopher Hitchens on 17:32 - Jan 19 by Mo_Wives

Why not attack his arguments rather than his sexuality?

Are you saying that someone who worked at the Catholic herald didn't act gay? That's a shock.

The problem is that he can't be tarred as homophobic by the SJW's...I'm not surprised people are trying to undermine his sexuality. Incidentally, these are the same people who tell us we must accept how people identify themselves.

I'm not remotely attacking his sexuality. As you well know.

Him not being tarred as homophobic because of it is the whole point.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024