Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
GOAT 11:40 - Jan 28 with 2243 viewsBanosswan

Take a bow Roger. 20th grand slam title.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

GOAT on 15:12 - Jan 28 with 786 viewsE20Jack

GOAT on 14:58 - Jan 28 by Jack_Kass

Just an overly cynical way to think, that when someone like Federer (once in a lifetime talent), achieves all the things that they have, its always tarred with the unsubstianted claims of 'unethical practice'

Federer's unrivalled intelligence and execution is what wins him championships at this stage of his career.

Nothing cynical about it at all. Federer is the greatest player to ever live.

Were the tennis community also "cycnical" when they stated Sharapova was receiving extra "help"?

You clearly have no idea what you are talking about.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

GOAT on 15:14 - Jan 28 with 774 viewsDarran

Serena Williams had suddenly changed colour and grown a cock.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

GOAT on 15:15 - Jan 28 with 778 viewsNeath_Jack

GOAT on 14:58 - Jan 28 by Jack_Kass

Just an overly cynical way to think, that when someone like Federer (once in a lifetime talent), achieves all the things that they have, its always tarred with the unsubstianted claims of 'unethical practice'

Federer's unrivalled intelligence and execution is what wins him championships at this stage of his career.

I am a cynical bastard, i'll give you that.

It's the world we live in today, so much money riding on things, and i don't just mean for winning a title, but all the corporate bullshit that goes with it all. The world is full of people who are looking to bend the rules (and go past) just to ensure the filthy lucre keeps rolling in.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

GOAT on 15:19 - Jan 28 with 774 viewsJack_Kass

GOAT on 15:10 - Jan 28 by E20Jack

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2678542/Mystery-Serena-Williams-

Daily mail more to your taste?

This is well known, but considering you are the one replying it hardly surprises me that you remain ignorant to the facts. I could say the sky is blue and you would fall over yourself to argue otherwise. I take your continued involvement as a compliment. I wont mention down in his luck Dazza, poor fella.

What's next? The daily mash?
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 15:19]

Poll: FA Cup or Premier League

GOAT on 15:20 - Jan 28 with 768 viewsE20Jack

GOAT on 15:19 - Jan 28 by Jack_Kass

I dont even think you know what you are babbling on about now.

I would love to have your ignorance and stupidity, must be such a simple world.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 15:21]

GOAT on 15:22 - Jan 28 with 758 viewsDarran

GOAT on 15:19 - Jan 28 by Jack_Kass

I’m telling you JK he’s a fuçking weirdo.

GOAT on 15:28 - Jan 28 with 752 viewsE20Jack

GOAT on 15:15 - Jan 28 by Neath_Jack

I am a cynical bastard, i'll give you that.

It's the world we live in today, so much money riding on things, and i don't just mean for winning a title, but all the corporate bullshit that goes with it all. The world is full of people who are looking to bend the rules (and go past) just to ensure the filthy lucre keeps rolling in.

Correct.

Tennis players dedicate their lives to the sport. In order to compete on the circuit comfortably (financially) then you have to be in the top 100 in the world. So if you know (and everyone does) that players are taking substances such as maldoneum and checks are almost non existant, then in order to compete on a level playing field then you are going to.

Federer when asked said he had been tested once in 15 years. It is critical for tennis that these players remain in the sport. Sam Stosur is the most outwardly obvious case, yet clearly never tested to any real degree.

The ATP and WTA also refuse to keep old samples to re-test as technology improves to detect past masking agents as players are many steps ahead - there is a reason for that.

GOAT on 15:54 - Jan 28 with 716 viewsexiledclaseboy

GOAT on 15:28 - Jan 28 by E20Jack

Correct.

Tennis players dedicate their lives to the sport. In order to compete on the circuit comfortably (financially) then you have to be in the top 100 in the world. So if you know (and everyone does) that players are taking substances such as maldoneum and checks are almost non existant, then in order to compete on a level playing field then you are going to.

Federer when asked said he had been tested once in 15 years. It is critical for tennis that these players remain in the sport. Sam Stosur is the most outwardly obvious case, yet clearly never tested to any real degree.

The ATP and WTA also refuse to keep old samples to re-test as technology improves to detect past masking agents as players are many steps ahead - there is a reason for that.

If Stosur’s on the juice it’s not doing much for her. She’s the definition of average in world tennis terms. She’s muscly though so it’s an easy conclusion to jump to.

Poll: Tory leader

Login to get fewer ads

GOAT on 15:58 - Jan 28 with 712 viewsE20Jack

GOAT on 15:54 - Jan 28 by exiledclaseboy

If Stosur’s on the juice it’s not doing much for her. She’s the definition of average in world tennis terms. She’s muscly though so it’s an easy conclusion to jump to.

Come on ECB, world number 4 from a primarily doubles career? $17m in prize money. Average? Come off it.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 15:59]

GOAT on 16:02 - Jan 28 with 700 viewsDarran

The world number 41 was obviously taking the wrong drugs. lol

GOAT on 16:03 - Jan 28 with 700 viewsexiledclaseboy

GOAT on 15:58 - Jan 28 by E20Jack

Come on ECB, world number 4 from a primarily doubles career? $17m in prize money. Average? Come off it.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 15:59]

One grand slam singles title and she hasn’t been anywhere near the top ten for years. She’s had a decent career but she’s not going to be troubling the history books when the story of tennis is written. If you were going to pick an example of a tennis player using drugs to enhance a career she’s an odd one to settle on.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 16:04]

GOAT on 16:04 - Jan 28 with 696 viewsE20Jack

GOAT on 16:02 - Jan 28 by Darran

The world number 41 was obviously taking the wrong drugs. lol

You mean former world number 4 and Gramd Slam Champion?

Yep Perch is right, tennis talk goes right over your head, just like most topics. Stick to trolling.

GOAT on 16:09 - Jan 28 with 686 viewsE20Jack

GOAT on 16:03 - Jan 28 by exiledclaseboy

One grand slam singles title and she hasn’t been anywhere near the top ten for years. She’s had a decent career but she’s not going to be troubling the history books when the story of tennis is written. If you were going to pick an example of a tennis player using drugs to enhance a career she’s an odd one to settle on.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 16:04]

Huh? Sorry mate I do not understand what point you are making here. Are you saying that because she was never the best player in the world it means she couldn't have taken performance enhancing drugs? She went from a doubles player and a medicore singles player to Grand slam singles champion, french open runner up (to another who doping is allegedly no secret in Francesca Schiavone) and world number 4 seemingly overnight.

Do you know who Wayne Odesnik is?

He was an American professional tennis player banned twice for performance enhancing drugs, his highest ranking was 77, 383 when banned. You seem to be correlating success on the world stage to taking PED's. It simply means it will allow you to perform at a higher level than would be possible naturally. Be that performance, or recovery. Not necessarily transform you into a mutant best player on the planet.

Federer is the greatest of all time, but to think his career hasnt been enhanced/prolonged by external help is extremely naive.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 16:14]

GOAT on 16:14 - Jan 28 with 676 viewsexiledclaseboy

GOAT on 16:09 - Jan 28 by E20Jack

Huh? Sorry mate I do not understand what point you are making here. Are you saying that because she was never the best player in the world it means she couldn't have taken performance enhancing drugs? She went from a doubles player and a medicore singles player to Grand slam singles champion, french open runner up (to another who doping is allegedly no secret in Francesca Schiavone) and world number 4 seemingly overnight.

Do you know who Wayne Odesnik is?

He was an American professional tennis player banned twice for performance enhancing drugs, his highest ranking was 77, 383 when banned. You seem to be correlating success on the world stage to taking PED's. It simply means it will allow you to perform at a higher level than would be possible naturally. Be that performance, or recovery. Not necessarily transform you into a mutant best player on the planet.

Federer is the greatest of all time, but to think his career hasnt been enhanced/prolonged by external help is extremely naive.
[Post edited 28 Jan 2018 16:14]

You’re making things up about things I apparently believe now so I’ll take my leave of you.

GOAT on 16:16 - Jan 28 with 670 viewsDarran

GOAT on 16:14 - Jan 28 by exiledclaseboy

You’re making things up about things I apparently believe now so I’ll take my leave of you.

He always makes things up,he’s a saddo.

GOAT on 16:21 - Jan 28 with 670 viewsE20Jack

GOAT on 16:14 - Jan 28 by exiledclaseboy

I am making what up?

You said that Stosur did not have a glittering career so a bad example of a player using PED's. Even though she absolutely did have a glittering career, I made the fact known that being globally successful and taking PED's are not linked. It simply means it makes you oerform better than you naturally would have. I am sure there are non league footballers taking PED's, the fact they arent even professional is not an indication that they are not.

You have gone off on one there mate.

GOAT on 16:21 - Jan 28 with 669 viewsswanjackal

Instead of barley water just give them all a litre of original Ultimate Orange and just let them go. Used to be funny watching 50+ year olds run to near cardiac arrest at my old local squash club on it.

HGH/TRT etc aside, hard to not appreciate the fitness of top tennis players, and especially one of Federer's calibre.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

GOAT on 16:25 - Jan 28 with 658 viewsDarran

So the two examples used to show that the greatest men’s player of all time and one of the greatest women’s players of all time are on drugs are two people that hardly any fuçker has heard of.

GOAT on 16:32 - Jan 28 with 647 viewsE20Jack

GOAT on 16:25 - Jan 28 by Darran

So the two examples used to show that the greatest men’s player of all time and one of the greatest women’s players of all time are on drugs are two people that hardly any fuçker has heard of.

They were not examples to show Federer is using PED's, only the truly thick would make that connection. They are examples to show how rife a problem it is in the game (which is well known). In the case of the man himself, unless you have a urine sample handy then there is no Jeremy Kyle style proof, just as there was none against Lance Armstrong before the lid was exposed.

This is not a Federer issue. It is a tennis issue. Federer would be the greatest regardless, whether he would currently be the greatest at 36 however is up for debate.

(No surprise you have never heard of a world famous Grand Slam Champion before)

GOAT on 17:26 - Jan 28 with 613 viewsperchrockjack

All top athletes push the boundaries .
I'm sure Federer has ,as has Nadal .

Did Laver, Rosewall,Hoad, Sedgeman . . . . .? Yep, all so what they can to enhance and preserve their talent but talent is key word .

Doping is everywhere . No sport is free .No sport will ever be

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

GOAT on 17:32 - Jan 28 with 606 viewsE20Jack

GOAT on 17:26 - Jan 28 by perchrockjack

All top athletes push the boundaries .
I'm sure Federer has ,as has Nadal .

Did Laver, Rosewall,Hoad, Sedgeman . . . . .? Yep, all so what they can to enhance and preserve their talent but talent is key word .

Doping is everywhere . No sport is free .No sport will ever be

Of course, nobody disagrees with that. Everyone will agree his talent is higher than anyone else in the games history.

But ECB commented on his superior fitness at his age, I simply said there is a reason for that. Ask McEnroe, ask Agassi, ask Courier what they think. Ask the Bryan brothers, the greatest doubles pairing of all time. They have all been vocal on the problem tennis has, it just is rarely mentioned or publicised.

GOAT on 17:47 - Jan 28 with 591 viewsperchrockjack

Fair exchange this but I really do feel Federer is freakish fit and works harder than anyone has ever done in tennis . I can think of Agassi and Becker who had the talent but nowhere near the application to make th ost of their talent for as long as possible

There s a reason why Federer carries on. He enjoys it

Anyway, we disagreed yesterday in unpleasant fashion but today do so in a better light so thank you .

You need to put Darran on ignore. I have after countless pm s advising me to do so. It doesn't stop his acolytes and the mantra stays the same

Poll: Who has left Wales and why

GOAT on 17:58 - Jan 28 with 570 viewsDarran

GOAT on 17:47 - Jan 28 by perchrockjack

Fair exchange this but I really do feel Federer is freakish fit and works harder than anyone has ever done in tennis . I can think of Agassi and Becker who had the talent but nowhere near the application to make th ost of their talent for as long as possible

There s a reason why Federer carries on. He enjoys it

Anyway, we disagreed yesterday in unpleasant fashion but today do so in a better light so thank you .

You need to put Darran on ignore. I have after countless pm s advising me to do so. It doesn't stop his acolytes and the mantra stays the same

I really can’t understand the type of person that would PM someone that sticks up for a child molestor,just goes to show there’s some strange people on here.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024