Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Disabled Parking 16:15 - Feb 6 with 7685 viewsDaggyjack

Just rang the club to ask to purchase disabled parking for tonight's match as I'm taking a lad with walking and learning disabilities to the match. I was informed that they had no spaces available. To me, this is not acceptable.
Anyone recommend somewhere close to the ground to park (the park and ride is probably too far for him to walk)?
The Swans don't seem to make things easy for disabled fans.
Disabled Parking on 18:42 - Feb 6 with 2337 viewsairedale

£10! Hope they don’t add a booking fee.
Disabled Parking on 18:50 - Feb 6 with 2321 viewsFireboy2

I hope your lad brings us luck daggy

Enjoy
Disabled Parking on 18:57 - Feb 6 with 2299 viewsTreforys_Jack

I don't think disabled parking should be free but it should be a nominal fee. A tenner is scandalous.
Disabled Parking on 19:03 - Feb 6 with 2283 viewsjack2jack

Disabled Parking on 18:57 - Feb 6 by Treforys_Jack

I don't think disabled parking should be free but it should be a nominal fee. A tenner is scandalous.

Your not far wrong there TJ, a tenner is rediculous, I mean it's £6 elsewhere,imho they are taking advantage of a captive audience, and that's just not right.
Disabled Parking on 19:55 - Feb 6 with 2233 viewsairedale

Disabled Parking on 19:03 - Feb 6 by jack2jack

Your not far wrong there TJ, a tenner is rediculous, I mean it's £6 elsewhere,imho they are taking advantage of a captive audience, and that's just not right.

Like exploiting this fans’ loyalty by charging a booking fee.
Disabled Parking on 07:57 - Feb 7 with 2163 viewsDaggyjack

Well, my lad did bring some luck it seems.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks £10 is far too much. I expect to pay but just not £10.
When we arrived, we were advised by the stewards that the road around the ground is shutdown for 30 minutes after the match. As the match finished at 9.55, we would have been stuck in the ground until 10.25 meaning that I wouldn't have dropped him back to Bridgend until after 11.00 As he has Day Centre to attend in the morning, this would have been too late.
As shutdown commences (I was told) 20 minutes before the end of the match I was therefore advised to leave the match 20 minutes early to avoid being stuck. Therefore, we left just after Tom Carroll's goal on 65 minutes as it took my lad a good 5-10 minutes to walk from the West Stand to the car.
So for the privilege of paying £10 to park, I either had to stay until 10.25 pm in the car park or leave the match 25 minutes early.
Surely there must be a better way of running things than this?
** As an aside, I was told that parking was full when I rang earlier in the afternoon. Well, I would say that there were a hundred free spaces in the car park when we left the match, so again, someone in the club doesn't know what they are talking about. Very disappointing from the club, just as well the team weren't as inept as some of the club staff.
Disabled Parking on 09:16 - Feb 7 with 2107 viewsfelixstowe_jack

Even after a full house the roads generally reopen after 15 minutes once the majority of spectators clear the area. I would have expected the road to open much soon as the ground was only a third full.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Disabled Parking on 09:33 - Feb 7 with 2087 viewsfbreath

Disabled Parking on 07:57 - Feb 7 by Daggyjack

Well, my lad did bring some luck it seems.
I'm glad I'm not the only one who thinks £10 is far too much. I expect to pay but just not £10.
When we arrived, we were advised by the stewards that the road around the ground is shutdown for 30 minutes after the match. As the match finished at 9.55, we would have been stuck in the ground until 10.25 meaning that I wouldn't have dropped him back to Bridgend until after 11.00 As he has Day Centre to attend in the morning, this would have been too late.
As shutdown commences (I was told) 20 minutes before the end of the match I was therefore advised to leave the match 20 minutes early to avoid being stuck. Therefore, we left just after Tom Carroll's goal on 65 minutes as it took my lad a good 5-10 minutes to walk from the West Stand to the car.
So for the privilege of paying £10 to park, I either had to stay until 10.25 pm in the car park or leave the match 25 minutes early.
Surely there must be a better way of running things than this?
** As an aside, I was told that parking was full when I rang earlier in the afternoon. Well, I would say that there were a hundred free spaces in the car park when we left the match, so again, someone in the club doesn't know what they are talking about. Very disappointing from the club, just as well the team weren't as inept as some of the club staff.

Not defending the club but the empty parking spaces are probably due to people who pay for season long parking but didn't go last night. Some of the Premier club tickets or whatever they are called include cup games and so ticket office wouldn't know if they are coming or not.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Login to get fewer ads

Disabled Parking on 08:51 - Feb 8 with 1985 viewsSTID2017

Disabled Parking on 09:33 - Feb 7 by fbreath

Not defending the club but the empty parking spaces are probably due to people who pay for season long parking but didn't go last night. Some of the Premier club tickets or whatever they are called include cup games and so ticket office wouldn't know if they are coming or not.

What you stated about unknown factors regarding parking is 100% correct.
However by saying what you did, you are defending the club.
Just saying ....

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

Disabled Parking on 12:56 - Feb 8 with 1925 viewsDewi1jack

Don't understand why Stadco don't build a 2 or 3 storey car park on the north as it has a seperate access.
Especially at a tenner a throw.
19+ games for the football, few rugby games and gigs. Kerching!

I know the majority of disabled get a free carer ticket and therefore there should be some charge but £10 for 2-3hrs parking does seem extortionate.
Guessing there's not many spaces either.

Is it the same price for a non disabled space if you can buy one?
Or are they all on like a season ticket?

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024