Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: 12:27 - Feb 9 with 7760 viewsShaky

Messiah complex

A messiah complex (also known as the Christ complex or savior complex) is a state of mind in which an individual holds a belief that they are destined to become a savior.[1] The term can also refer to a state of mind in which an individual believes that he or she is responsible for saving or assisting others.

. . .the symptoms of the disorder closely resemble those found in individuals suffering from grandiose delusions or delusions of grandeur. This form of delusional belief is most often reported in patients suffering from bipolar disorder and schizophrenia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Messiah_complex

Discuss??

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 09:56 - Feb 10 with 3128 viewsMo_Wives

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 09:50 - Feb 10 by N0rthernLine

No, I wasn't suggesting either. :0

You just expect to see one nowadays and thought you may have forgotten to post yours. ;)

Dude, it's not funny to make fun of the disabled.

I may go and ask SwanJackal to photoshop my Avatars head over Alfie's boyfriend's.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 10:05 - Feb 10 with 3114 viewsTheResurrection

I actually am The Resurrection and before that was The Second Coming. There is no Messiah Complex about me, II am just me, The Messiah himself.

It's been a bloody pleasure to put you all on the right path so many times and I will always be here to do that for you, just close your eyes, put your hands together and you'll see me, in your prayers.

Follow the big box office star. Folks...

Love,

The Box X

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 10:08 - Feb 10 with 3104 viewsN0rthernLine

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 09:56 - Feb 10 by Mo_Wives

Dude, it's not funny to make fun of the disabled.

I may go and ask SwanJackal to photoshop my Avatars head over Alfie's boyfriend's.

You don't need Photoshop. You can do it with GIMP.

:)
PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 10:10 - Feb 10 with 3100 viewsMo_Wives

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 10:08 - Feb 10 by N0rthernLine

*Runs away giggling to google 'GIMP'

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 10:55 - Feb 10 with 3074 viewsLord_Bony

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 20:55 - Feb 9 by bonymine

Can you expand on that ???

Apologies for my crass comment.

I really did nt read your posts properly before commenting.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 11:13 - Feb 10 with 3048 viewsShaky

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 10:10 - Feb 10 by Mo_Wives

*Runs away giggling to google 'GIMP'

It's part of a Commie plot to subvert the operation of the free market.

People giving up their time and effort to provide services free of charge that upstanding corporations would like to make a ton of money on.

Whatever next!

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 11:28 - Feb 10 with 3037 viewsMo_Wives

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 11:13 - Feb 10 by Shaky

It's part of a Commie plot to subvert the operation of the free market.

People giving up their time and effort to provide services free of charge that upstanding corporations would like to make a ton of money on.

Whatever next!

No. A commie plot would be the government forcing people to provide their services free of charge. Don't mix up Communism with charity, my friend. Not the same thing.

You don't need government intervention for people to offer help to others.
[Post edited 10 Feb 2018 11:30]

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 18:18 - Feb 10 with 2977 viewsDJack

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 05:10 - Feb 10 by Mo_Wives

As a contributor to almost 50% of the posts in this thread, and as someone who likes you, I would like to say the following with all due respect.

I'm not really the type of person who likes to put my personal information online. In this instance I will though.

As someone who has been treated for a mental health issue, one already named in this thread (no Shaky, f*ck off, not Messiah complex ) I can honestly say I don't feel anyone was mocking or trivialising it. And, tbh, if they were, I really couldn't give a f*ck. Good on them. Laughter is the best medicine, as they say.
Now, if my doctor was laughing at my symptoms that would be different. Or if the people making the pills were saying "let's swap these for laxatives. That'll be a hoot.." once again, different. But people on Planet Swans being all serious and sombre about it is very unlikely to cure anyone. In fact, seeing the lighter side of life is actually one of the things that has helped me.

I know you are coming from a genuine place with your comment. But if my opinion, as a sufferer of said affliction, counts for anything. Then I'd like to say, I don't need your protection and I definitely don't want your pity. My problems are not caused by anyone making jokes on the internet...but, it would make me feel really f*cking depressed to think that people stopped making jokes and laughing due to my presence. In my well paid opinion, I think saying we can't joke about X or Y makes that thing seem more serious an affliction than if we confront it and even poke fun at it. This is just my opinion on the matter and you, or anyone else, are free to see it differently. But I am a big believer in the fact it is my responsibility to sort my shit out. I would never expect the world around me to bend to accommodate my idiosyncrasies.

Now, if any of you c*nts call me mad, I will track you down and I will hurt you. OK?

You're mad bro!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 04:18 - Feb 11 with 2923 viewsMo_Wives

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 18:18 - Feb 10 by DJack

You're mad bro!

*Grabs the Yellow pages and starts running an index finger down the 'D's'

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 09:51 - Feb 11 with 2891 viewsMo_Wives

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 10:08 - Feb 10 by N0rthernLine

Here we go, Pal. Meet 'hoMo Wives'

Btw, has anyone seen Humpty?. I'd like a word...

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 10:10 - Feb 11 with 2875 viewsBrynmill_Jack

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 09:51 - Feb 11 by Mo_Wives

Fair play
You don't have perchies and Darran's pics do you? It'll be one hell of a "make up" session

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 10:43 - Feb 11 with 2858 viewsMo_Wives

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 10:10 - Feb 11 by Brynmill_Jack

Fair play
You don't have perchies and Darran's pics do you? It'll be one hell of a "make up" session

Dazzer put's his pics everywhere, so not a problem. Perch? I've only seen his eyes that Darren sticks up...so they'll have to be stuck on a gimp mask.

I know Perch doesn't like his picture online so I wouldn't do it. But the thought did make me laugh, Brynnie.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 10:52 - Feb 11 with 2852 viewsN0rthernLine

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 09:51 - Feb 11 by Mo_Wives

Ranieri's hand is nowhere to been seen in picture2. I can only assume it's somewhere near Humpty's vagumpty?
PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 11:06 - Feb 11 with 2836 viewsDarran

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 10:43 - Feb 11 by Mo_Wives

Dazzer put's his pics everywhere, so not a problem. Perch? I've only seen his eyes that Darren sticks up...so they'll have to be stuck on a gimp mask.

I know Perch doesn't like his picture online so I wouldn't do it. But the thought did make me laugh, Brynnie.

I’ve got an awesome photo of the bindipper wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and a bandanna.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 06:14 - Feb 12 with 2760 viewsMo_Wives

PS Mental Health Awareness week Subject 1: on 11:06 - Feb 11 by Darran

I’ve got an awesome photo of the bindipper wearing nothing but a pair of shorts and a bandanna.

As much as I respect your desire for mischief, I have to respect his desire for privacy.

There is a photo you may have that I'd love to see again. It made me roll about laughing at the time. Just as poor old Guidolin was about to get the boot, we missed a chance and a there was a photo of him, hands on head, looking towards the action. In the background the whole crowd mirrored him and looked towards the action. Except for one lone wolf (you) who had spun his head to see Guido's reaction. Cracked me up at the time.

Good luck, Mr Cooper

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024