Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
At last... 15:25 - Apr 18 with 2475 viewsDJack

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-43811243

Good. It's nice to see a senior establishment figure suffer the consequence of their actions before they can(could) retire on a large pension.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

At last... on 19:31 - Apr 18 with 2378 viewsAguycalledJack

Still well looked after though. Should have been instant dismissal. No ifs no
Buts. He’s not really been penalised for his negligence save for the £3,500 fine against a £119,000 a year salary.

Nothing like looking after the establishment.
[Post edited 19 Apr 2018 7:19]
At last... on 20:19 - Apr 18 with 2342 viewstheloneranger

Strange how they all suddenly become ill, when they are in trouble.

This says it all...

"Mr Beale had been due to retire this month after 30 years of police service. Mr Thompson allowed the hearing to be pushed back so Mr Beale's dismissal would not fall outside of his notice period, meaning he could still claim his pension."

£215,000 lump sum

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

At last... on 20:28 - Apr 18 with 2331 viewsDJack

Missed the bit where he can claim his pension.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

At last... on 20:33 - Apr 18 with 2321 viewsmax936

At last... on 20:19 - Apr 18 by theloneranger

Strange how they all suddenly become ill, when they are in trouble.

This says it all...

"Mr Beale had been due to retire this month after 30 years of police service. Mr Thompson allowed the hearing to be pushed back so Mr Beale's dismissal would not fall outside of his notice period, meaning he could still claim his pension."

£215,000 lump sum

He has done 30yrs though in fairness and has paid into that fund, one mistake all be it a stupid one shouldn't prevent him from receiving his pension surely.
Be interesting to see if a PC would lose his pension in a gross misconduct charge though, I think he probably would, so same rules should apply in all honesty.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

At last... on 20:55 - Apr 18 with 2297 viewstheloneranger

At last... on 20:33 - Apr 18 by max936

He has done 30yrs though in fairness and has paid into that fund, one mistake all be it a stupid one shouldn't prevent him from receiving his pension surely.
Be interesting to see if a PC would lose his pension in a gross misconduct charge though, I think he probably would, so same rules should apply in all honesty.

I wouldn't like to see anyone lose a pension after 30 years service, but I doubt a Chief Constable would be so helpful and understanding with a PC on a gross misconduct charge.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

At last... on 21:03 - Apr 18 with 2285 viewsAguycalledJack

This won’t be the first time he’s left such papers in his car. It’s just that it’s the first time he’s been caught.
At last... on 22:52 - Apr 18 with 2224 viewsmax936

At last... on 20:55 - Apr 18 by theloneranger

I wouldn't like to see anyone lose a pension after 30 years service, but I doubt a Chief Constable would be so helpful and understanding with a PC on a gross misconduct charge.

I agree.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

At last... on 23:23 - Apr 18 with 2190 viewsjack_lord

At last... on 20:33 - Apr 18 by max936

Steve, I had a mate (or loose associate), a copper,who lost his job and his pension after years of service due to stupid misconduct.

No if or butts, he was out on his arse. He paid into that golden egg pension (which incidentally I find find pretty ridiculous) but all sacrificed.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Login to get fewer ads

At last... on 02:44 - Apr 19 with 2135 viewsmajorraglan

At last... on 23:23 - Apr 18 by jack_lord

Steve, I had a mate (or loose associate), a copper,who lost his job and his pension after years of service due to stupid misconduct.

No if or butts, he was out on his arse. He paid into that golden egg pension (which incidentally I find find pretty ridiculous) but all sacrificed.

I think they changed the rules last year, previously I believe a police officer subject of an investigation could be prevented from resigning or retiring, now I beleive they can just quit.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024