Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? 10:55 - May 11 with 3360 viewssherpajacob

4th time for me, it doesn't get any easier.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 10:58 - May 11 with 3354 viewsJFSwan

Lots of friends doing it, ive never fancied it due to the logistics of it all.
Getting to Cardiff , hotel in tenby ect
Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 11:00 - May 11 with 3353 viewsswanjackal

Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 10:58 - May 11 by JFSwan

https://www.goeuro.co.uk/buses_from_cardiff_to_tenby

There you go, and make better time too.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------- Hypocritically hypocritical !

Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 11:30 - May 11 with 3314 viewssherpajacob

Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 10:58 - May 11 by JFSwan

It's a,short train ride in the morning to the start for me.

Nice Air BnB in Tenby.

Tight squeeze getting to swansea for Sunday KO but should do it.

Last year, heard the Sunderland v hull result when I stopped near st clears and that spurred me on to the finish, Got to Tenby and dived into the nearest pub to see the last 5 minutes of us beating Everton.

Magnificent day all round.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 17:18 - May 12 with 3169 viewsdickythorpe

Went for lunch in Amroth, it's ridiculous the amount of cyclists.doing this!! Some are.so.out of shape and unsteady it's a wonder many aren't killed.
Traffic isn't great at most weekends especially when whether is good. I had to go down to third gear on a dual carriageway!!!
Hopelessly organised and I hope.I'm wrong but it won't surprise me to see deaths before.long.
Should be done out of tourist season which doesn't rule in many months of the year. First or.second weekend in Jan would make sense but not a warm may weekend!!
Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 18:01 - May 12 with 3143 viewsAmbergambler

Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 17:18 - May 12 by dickythorpe

Went for lunch in Amroth, it's ridiculous the amount of cyclists.doing this!! Some are.so.out of shape and unsteady it's a wonder many aren't killed.
Traffic isn't great at most weekends especially when whether is good. I had to go down to third gear on a dual carriageway!!!
Hopelessly organised and I hope.I'm wrong but it won't surprise me to see deaths before.long.
Should be done out of tourist season which doesn't rule in many months of the year. First or.second weekend in Jan would make sense but not a warm may weekend!!

Well done Dicky and Sherpa and any others that have done it.

Got me a bit worried about the potential for deaths, Dicky, as my son is doing it but he's just texted me to say he's arrived safely. Phew!
Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 18:15 - May 12 with 3133 viewsdickythorpe

Very pleased.to hear your son is safe. Ask him if he thinks some are.unfit.

Didn't mean to worry you or anyone
It was a genuine concern and observation.
Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 18:31 - May 12 with 3116 viewsAmbergambler

Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 18:15 - May 12 by dickythorpe

Very pleased.to hear your son is safe. Ask him if he thinks some are.unfit.

Didn't mean to worry you or anyone
It was a genuine concern and observation.

It's ok I was already worrying!
Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 18:38 - May 12 with 3113 viewsperplex

The roads were so dangerous today the motorists were having to really concentrate and be very careful in order to make sure these idiots remained safe, so many of them were totally unfit and swaying over the road and coming to a standstill on steep hills and causing severe back logs of traffic, others were riding three abreast on narrow country roads etc probably just a matter of time before some deaths occur.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 18:38]
Login to get fewer ads

Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 18:52 - May 12 with 3091 viewsdickythorpe

Where were.you driving perplex?
Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 18:58 - May 12 with 3084 viewsperplex

Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 18:52 - May 12 by dickythorpe

Where were.you driving perplex?

Carmarthen to Llanelli via Kidwelly.
Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 19:13 - May 12 with 3064 viewsdickythorpe

Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 18:58 - May 12 by perplex

Nightmare with slow.buses and tractors let alone cyclists!!!
Terribly off course there!!! See what I mean about badly organised
Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 20:47 - May 12 with 3020 viewsmajorraglan

Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 18:58 - May 12 by perplex

That’s a very poor road in parts.
[Post edited 12 May 2018 20:48]
Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 21:45 - May 12 with 2977 viewsTenbySwan

2,500 doing it.

Fully agree about the danger, one rider pulled right out on me a couple of years ago ( due to his fatigue and unfitness)

It was bad enough then but even more dangerous now with the vastly increased volume of cyclists.

Highway Code for cycling is also completely out of date. Written before the Lycra age and mass pelatons etc, and a lot of cyclists take no notice of normal rules like red lights, give way , single file riding etc. Anyway

It is time really for cyclists to have to have insurance as well. What happens if they cause a crash? This has happened and it has resulted in them having claims against them.
Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 21:48 - May 12 with 2969 viewsJackfath

Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 21:45 - May 12 by TenbySwan

2,500 doing it.

Fully agree about the danger, one rider pulled right out on me a couple of years ago ( due to his fatigue and unfitness)

It was bad enough then but even more dangerous now with the vastly increased volume of cyclists.

Highway Code for cycling is also completely out of date. Written before the Lycra age and mass pelatons etc, and a lot of cyclists take no notice of normal rules like red lights, give way , single file riding etc. Anyway

It is time really for cyclists to have to have insurance as well. What happens if they cause a crash? This has happened and it has resulted in them having claims against them.

What's the rule on single file riding?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 22:14 - May 12 with 2949 viewsTenbySwan

Cyclists- anybody else doing the CARTEN tomorrow? on 21:48 - May 12 by Jackfath

What's the rule on single file riding?

Rule 66
Never ride more than two abreast and ride in single file on narrow or busy roads or when going round a bend.

https://www.gov.uk/guidance/the-highway-code/rules-for-cyclists-59-to-82
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024