Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The break up of the UK a step closer. 19:06 - May 26 with 5500 viewstrampie

After todays Irish abortion referendum it might well put the break up of the United Kingdom a step closer, a united Ireland will become more attractive to moderate people, staying in the EU is attractive to the majority in that part of the World with no hard border, Scotland nearly went a few years ago and they have a preference for being in the EU also, I remember the first Welsh Assembly result and what happened at the second time of asking, bookies were making it big odds on that Scotland would go the next time they are asked.
Wales is overrun by people from East of Offas Dyke but even those people might not like the way mother Ingerlund is going, a Monarchy in this day and age, unelected politicians in something called the Lords and even a state religion which puts England on a par with Haiti, Iraq, Saudi Arabia and the Zionist state of Israel.

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 20:53 - May 27 with 1606 viewsFlashberryjack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 20:45 - May 27 by irishswan546

Not that it's any of your business but majority of Irish people are content to stay in EU and that's all that matters. Same way it's none of my business that uk voted to leave EU. Is the EU perfect? In my opinion not by a long shot but we have benefited greatly from being in EU albeit we managed to nearly throw it all away though it's definitely a better place to live now and that's why it suits us to remain.

Bailed out by the EU....aye! I bet your content.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 20:55 - May 27 with 1593 viewsirishswan546

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 20:53 - May 27 by Flashberryjack

100% agree with you.
The break up of the UK a step closer. on 20:57 - May 27 with 1588 viewsKilkennyjack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 20:26 - May 27 by peenemunde

The Irish get told what to do, by their masters.
And they think they are an independent country. What a joke.

Do you mean like Wales and England ?

Beware of the Risen People

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 20:58 - May 27 with 1576 viewsFlashberryjack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 20:57 - May 27 by Kilkennyjack

Do you mean like Wales and England ?

Yeah! that's why we voted out.

Hello

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:02 - May 27 with 1554 viewsKilkennyjack

So ....the EU does seek to share wealth
This is a good thing.

Wales has benefitted as westminster does not care.
Westminster is why Wales is poor, despite £4 Trillion from coal extraction.

Once the poorer areas develop more, then they become a potential market with more buying power. This is why EU grants are not hand outs.

I hope this helps.

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:06 - May 27 with 1535 viewsKilkennyjack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 20:58 - May 27 by Flashberryjack

Yeah! that's why we voted out.

So ....wales voted to get told what to do by England ?

My ballot paper must have been a misprint then ?
It was about the EU and all that.

My mistake....

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:09 - May 27 with 1520 viewsFlashberryjack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:02 - May 27 by Kilkennyjack

This is a good thing.

Once the poorer areas develop more, then they become a potential market with more buying power. This is why EU grants are not hand outs.

I hope this helps.

It does.thank you...when are you lot going to contribute now that your doing so well on your own ?

Hello

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:17 - May 27 with 1497 viewspeenemunde

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:02 - May 27 by Kilkennyjack

This is a good thing.

I hope this helps.

I don’t want a single penny of my taxes, going to any other eu country, another reason why I voted out.

I hope this helps.
Login to get fewer ads

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 22:11 - May 27 with 1469 viewsKilkennyjack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:09 - May 27 by Flashberryjack

It does.thank you...when are you lot going to contribute now that your doing so well on your own ?

I dont run the EU but i agree.
I am sure that will be the case.

Sadly Wales now needs such help.
Lets see if the uk helps wales.
I doubt it.

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 22:20 - May 27 with 1459 viewsKilkennyjack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:17 - May 27 by peenemunde

I don’t want a single penny of my taxes, going to any other eu country, another reason why I voted out.

I hope this helps.

Yes it helps.

Do you hate our European footballers as well then ?
Say Rangel ?
Or Bodde ?
Or Gomis ?
Or Roberto ?
Or JDG ?
Or Pablo ?
Or Marvin ?
Or Mike ?
Or Kemy ?
Or Vorm ?
Or Leroy ?

They seem nice people to me.
I am glad they have played for our club.

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 00:05 - May 28 with 1422 viewsDJack

You are a dull cünt, aye. How different is that from us (and the US and others) utilising quantitative easing?! You have actually highlighted a benefit of the EU...a club/group that assists it's poorer members.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 00:27 - May 28 with 1417 viewsHighjack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:17 - May 27 by peenemunde

I hope this helps.

When the EU talk of “bail outs” they aren’t protecting countries or the people in those countries, they are bailing out the financial institutions who loaned them the money in the first place.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 00:33 - May 28 with 1413 viewsDJack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 00:27 - May 28 by Highjack

When the EU talk of “bail outs” they aren’t protecting countries or the people in those countries, they are bailing out the financial institutions who loaned them the money in the first place.

And what the ruddy fück is QE in effect...currency manipulation to help the banks.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 06:31 - May 28 with 1366 viewspeenemunde

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 00:05 - May 28 by DJack

You are a dull cünt, aye. How different is that from us (and the US and others) utilising quantitative easing?! You have actually highlighted a benefit of the EU...a club/group that assists it's poorer members.

The eu is an artificial construct, constructed on the back of lies.
They should have been honest from the start and said the goal is to create a federal superstate called the European Union.

Instead all we have had apart from lies is a huge bill each year.
The eu is destined to fail, just a matter of time.
The break up of the UK a step closer. on 13:35 - May 28 with 1304 viewsKilkennyjack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 06:31 - May 28 by peenemunde

The eu is an artificial construct, constructed on the back of lies.
They should have been honest from the start and said the goal is to create a federal superstate called the European Union.

Instead all we have had apart from lies is a huge bill each year.
The eu is destined to fail, just a matter of time.

The Uk is destined to fail its just a matter of time.

Whilst Cymru awakes from its sleep, the polling in both NI and Scotlands confirms Brexit has killed the union.

The flag waving, royal loving, poisonous BBC has a job on its hands now.
The BBC promoted Brexit and Farage - and this is the unintended consequence.
Remember the nightly reports from Calais about an immigrant invasion.
Stopped showing that after the Brexit vote. W@nkers.

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 18:21 - May 28 with 1266 viewsjohnlangy

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 10:53 - May 27 by moonie

No Wales won't be doing what the Irish did as the Welsh don't care enough to shoot people in the back or to bomb men women and children living in England

Welsh people want a more prosperous country not to be split from their main source of income.

The first sentence of your post doesn't warrant a reply.

'Welsh people want a more prosperous country not to be split from their main source of income.'

The above sentence is a complete contradiction. Welsh people DO want a more prosperous country. The only way that will be achieved is by leaving the UK. Our income is provided by ourselves. But a substantial part of that income is siphoned off and spent mainly in England.
The break up of the UK a step closer. on 19:07 - May 28 with 1249 viewslondonlisa2001

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 18:21 - May 28 by johnlangy

'Welsh people want a more prosperous country not to be split from their main source of income.'

The above sentence is a complete contradiction. Welsh people DO want a more prosperous country. The only way that will be achieved is by leaving the UK. Our income is provided by ourselves. But a substantial part of that income is siphoned off and spent mainly in England.

I don’t understand your last sentence.

The total raised in taxation in Wales is c. £24bn. The total spent (public expenditure) is £38bn.

Wales raises 3.6% of the UK’s total revenue and spends 5.2%.

Wales is subsidised.

If that is not what you meant, I apologise. But Wales would find it incredibly difficult to survive on its own at present.
The break up of the UK a step closer. on 19:07 - May 28 with 1249 viewspeenemunde

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 18:21 - May 28 by johnlangy

Such as ?
The break up of the UK a step closer. on 20:46 - May 28 with 1215 viewsKilkennyjack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 19:07 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

I don’t understand your last sentence.

The total raised in taxation in Wales is c. £24bn. The total spent (public expenditure) is £38bn.

Wales raises 3.6% of the UK’s total revenue and spends 5.2%.

Wales is subsidised.

If that is not what you meant, I apologise. But Wales would find it incredibly difficult to survive on its own at present.

Where do the profits from the many welsh ,say, Tesco stores get accounted for in uk taxation terms ?

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 20:51 - May 28 with 1210 viewsKilkennyjack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 20:46 - May 28 by Kilkennyjack

Where do the profits from the many welsh ,say, Tesco stores get accounted for in uk taxation terms ?

We might also save on illegal wars, hs2, heathrow expansion, east coast rail, cross rail, brexit, Trident replacement, HoL, etc.

Why would Wales chose to fund that madness when we could help the homeless ?

https://m.huffingtonpost.co.uk/adam-price/why-independence-for-wale_b_911083.htm

[Post edited 28 May 2018 21:02]

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:02 - May 28 with 1201 viewslondonlisa2001

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 20:46 - May 28 by Kilkennyjack

In practice, they get collected at a UK level.

However, in the figures I’ve quoted here which are based on a comprehensive study done by Cardiff University in 2016 in preparation for partial devolution of certain elements of taxation to the Welsh Government, they’ve split it back to individual nations using HMRC data.

With regard to corporation tax, the methodology they used is described as follows:

Analysis of HMRC administrative data
on Corporation Tax (CT) and the ONS Inter-Departmental Business Register (IDBR). Most CT allocated according
to sub-national split of enterprises’ employment totals.

Similarly, with regard to VAT (also relevant since your question was about Tesco),the split was:

Net VAT revenue apportioned according to HMRC analysis of various sectors paying VAT and survey data.
Local Government refunds apportioned according to Wales’ share of UK identifiable expenditure by Local Government.
Central Government refunds - Ministry of Defence refunds apportioned according to population. NHS refunds apportioned according to Wales’ share of UK TES on health. Other Gov. Departments refunds apportioned according to Wales’ share of UK TES (excluding health).

I imagine that wasn’t the answer you were expecting!

In all seriousness, I am, as I’ve said before, on the face of it, a supporter of as independent a Wales as possible. But being pragmatic, the finances just don’t add up, it’s why I am anti this version of Plaid. Wales needs a focus on private sector, entrepreneurship and wealth creation to succeed.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 21:12]
The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:09 - May 28 with 1193 viewsbluey_the_blue

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 22:20 - May 27 by Kilkennyjack

Yes it helps.

Do you hate our European footballers as well then ?
Say Rangel ?
Or Bodde ?
Or Gomis ?
Or Roberto ?
Or JDG ?
Or Pablo ?
Or Marvin ?
Or Mike ?
Or Kemy ?
Or Vorm ?
Or Leroy ?

They seem nice people to me.
I am glad they have played for our club.

So hating the organisation that is the EU must mean you hate all Europeans.

That makes perfect sense.
The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:16 - May 28 with 1177 viewsKilkennyjack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:02 - May 28 by londonlisa2001

In practice, they get collected at a UK level.

However, in the figures I’ve quoted here which are based on a comprehensive study done by Cardiff University in 2016 in preparation for partial devolution of certain elements of taxation to the Welsh Government, they’ve split it back to individual nations using HMRC data.

With regard to corporation tax, the methodology they used is described as follows:

Analysis of HMRC administrative data
on Corporation Tax (CT) and the ONS Inter-Departmental Business Register (IDBR). Most CT allocated according
to sub-national split of enterprises’ employment totals.

Similarly, with regard to VAT (also relevant since your question was about Tesco),the split was:

Net VAT revenue apportioned according to HMRC analysis of various sectors paying VAT and survey data.
Local Government refunds apportioned according to Wales’ share of UK identifiable expenditure by Local Government.
Central Government refunds - Ministry of Defence refunds apportioned according to population. NHS refunds apportioned according to Wales’ share of UK TES on health. Other Gov. Departments refunds apportioned according to Wales’ share of UK TES (excluding health).

I imagine that wasn’t the answer you were expecting!

In all seriousness, I am, as I’ve said before, on the face of it, a supporter of as independent a Wales as possible. But being pragmatic, the finances just don’t add up, it’s why I am anti this version of Plaid. Wales needs a focus on private sector, entrepreneurship and wealth creation to succeed.
[Post edited 28 May 2018 21:12]

Btw - Welsh water is sold at just 3p per 1000 litres.
360 million litres daily with Severn Trent alone.

Just saying .....

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:19 - May 28 with 1172 viewsKilkennyjack

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 21:09 - May 28 by bluey_the_blue

So hating the organisation that is the EU must mean you hate all Europeans.

That makes perfect sense.

Feck off back to the Premiership you redbird w@nker 👍

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 22:15 - May 28 with 1149 viewsBadlands

The break up of the UK a step closer. on 19:13 - May 27 by peenemunde

Well said. The Welsh don’t want independence from England.
Let’s have a referendum and sort this issue once and for all.
Give Scotland one too.
People who don’t like the results, should then be sent free maps indicating where the airports/ferry ports are.

Wales 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿 wants to be part of an independent United Kingdom 🇬🇧.

Referendums only work when the media are even handed.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024