Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The silence 19:44 - May 30 with 3375 viewsmagicdaps10

Aside from a pathetic pre recorded interview with Leigh Dineen, the silence from the board is pathetic. Surely some sort of PR should have been arranged, possibly with a nice 2 page spread in the EP, the one we have read in previous seasons after survival etc.

For me, the heads down ploy is not good enough and us fans deserve a few answers and explanations.....ideas on what the plan/next step after our relegation is.

What are peoples views on this, agree or disagree?

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

The silence on 09:28 - May 31 with 1120 viewsShaky

The silence on 09:10 - May 31 by costalotta

As fans, We have the football club we deserve. I am not knocking the fans by the way. But, apathy ruled for too long and they’ve been allowed to get away with running down the business. So much sense in this thread.

The club have not been policed by the Trust, many fans blindly believed HJ could do no wrong and we for some reason the club has completely lost its bottle, I mean throughout the club.

We have no direction, and haven’t for years. We have no leader at the club. We have no manager at the club. We will start to run out of players very soon and if the manager and leadership is not sorted is anyone confident we will have a squad to compete next season.

I’m not say that the board and owners do not want to go up. I’m questioning their ability and determination to make that happen whether it be short or medium term.

No matter what some might at HJ and the rest of them have to go. We need that TD or DOF appointed asap. Ideally before the manager. I live in hope and either way we will all be there supporting the team on the pitch. Spending our cash on refreshments during match time and merchandise at other times. We do our bit and it’s about time they do theirs and create an environment for success.

Yes Costa, because appointing a technical director/DoF sends a firm and positive signal to prospective managers worth hiring, that there has been a changing of the guard.

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

The silence on 09:33 - May 31 with 1111 viewscostalotta

The silence on 09:28 - May 31 by Shaky

Yes Costa, because appointing a technical director/DoF sends a firm and positive signal to prospective managers worth hiring, that there has been a changing of the guard.

Yes I agree.
The silence on 09:35 - May 31 with 1100 viewsJoe_bradshaw

The silence on 09:28 - May 31 by Shaky

Quite.

Potter has undoubtedly asked who the TD is going to be as the manager/TD relationship is absolutely vital on the football side of the club.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

The silence on 09:35 - May 31 with 1100 viewsmagicdaps10

The silence on 09:10 - May 31 by costalotta

As fans, We have the football club we deserve. I am not knocking the fans by the way. But, apathy ruled for too long and they’ve been allowed to get away with running down the business. So much sense in this thread.

The club have not been policed by the Trust, many fans blindly believed HJ could do no wrong and we for some reason the club has completely lost its bottle, I mean throughout the club.

We have no direction, and haven’t for years. We have no leader at the club. We have no manager at the club. We will start to run out of players very soon and if the manager and leadership is not sorted is anyone confident we will have a squad to compete next season.

I’m not say that the board and owners do not want to go up. I’m questioning their ability and determination to make that happen whether it be short or medium term.

No matter what some might at HJ and the rest of them have to go. We need that TD or DOF appointed asap. Ideally before the manager. I live in hope and either way we will all be there supporting the team on the pitch. Spending our cash on refreshments during match time and merchandise at other times. We do our bit and it’s about time they do theirs and create an environment for success.

Unfortunately the club is reflected on the directors so its not the club we deserve in that sense.
Realistically we probably are a championship club but there us always potential to grow, as we have done in the last 15years....from 2/3k a week to 20k and arguably more if the stadium was bigger.

There was a opportunity for us but due to ignorance, saving money and stubbornness that opportunity has been missed......as for the greed in the sale of the club, the sale that was the best of the club, well that can never be forgiven or atleast a lot of hard work has to be done by the sell outs to bring a little dignity back to themselves

The silence on 09:45 - May 31 with 1076 viewscostalotta

The silence on 09:35 - May 31 by magicdaps10

Unfortunately the club is reflected on the directors so its not the club we deserve in that sense.
Realistically we probably are a championship club but there us always potential to grow, as we have done in the last 15years....from 2/3k a week to 20k and arguably more if the stadium was bigger.

There was a opportunity for us but due to ignorance, saving money and stubbornness that opportunity has been missed......as for the greed in the sale of the club, the sale that was the best of the club, well that can never be forgiven or atleast a lot of hard work has to be done by the sell outs to bring a little dignity back to themselves

I hear you but don’t agree with realistically we are a championship club. That stinks of no ambition etc. It’s small time thinking!

There’s nothing wrong with knowing where you come from and recognising and embracing that. But no one belongs anywhere, if you follow. So where ever you are it’s what you usually deserve. Same applies to any business or club or whatever. Luck sometimes plays a part but it’s usually deserved and earned. It’s funny how the successful ar sometimes called lucky by the small minded and jealous types.

Work hard, play hard, be determined and motivated and single minded if needs be. Believe in yourself and/or organisation and those around you. Push, aim high and have a plan and know how youre gonna achieve and in my experience that goes a long way to manifesting success.
The silence on 10:35 - May 31 with 1026 viewsmagicdaps10

The silence on 09:45 - May 31 by costalotta

I hear you but don’t agree with realistically we are a championship club. That stinks of no ambition etc. It’s small time thinking!

There’s nothing wrong with knowing where you come from and recognising and embracing that. But no one belongs anywhere, if you follow. So where ever you are it’s what you usually deserve. Same applies to any business or club or whatever. Luck sometimes plays a part but it’s usually deserved and earned. It’s funny how the successful ar sometimes called lucky by the small minded and jealous types.

Work hard, play hard, be determined and motivated and single minded if needs be. Believe in yourself and/or organisation and those around you. Push, aim high and have a plan and know how youre gonna achieve and in my experience that goes a long way to manifesting success.

Totally agree, I meant that championship is our place but we have the potential and importantly we need the hunger and desire to push on.....this is what was lacked in the last 2/3yrs by our board.

I have read some planks on here saying we are spoilt and we need to realise what we are, we can be what we want to be. Outside the top 6 in the prem there is a opportunity for someone to put their hand up and be counted...we had that chance.

The silence on 11:15 - May 31 with 980 viewsWingstandwood

The silence on 20:39 - May 30 by jack2jack

Let's lay out the facts here so everyone is clear.
The season ended a couple of weeks ago, it's holiday time, fine, there is one slight problem here.
We've have been relegated from the richest league in the world. HJ is conspicuous by his absence, so too are our American owners.
Let's look at this in detail.We have a multi million pound business, which for all intents and purposes, has a closed sign on the front door.
We have no manager/Head coach, no back room staff.
We have playing staff who have left or said they want to leave, and by my calculation, we need at least 5 or 6 senior players who will need replacing, if we are going to be competitive next season.
We have lost the TV money, advertising revenue streams, oh and top it all we don't have a shirt sponser.
The fans, who I think are quite important to a football club, don't know what day it is or what direction we are heading in, because we have heard the square root of fook all from anyone inside the club, apart from LD who didn't seem to know half the answers to the questions put to him.
Now then if anyone can tell me that everything is fine, then please let me know, that is when you've caught the last train from lala land down to planet earth.
To be Frank, it's a complete and utter mess.

It's an excellent post...Here's an extra dig at the lowlife scumbag filth Jenkins, (not me Guv!) Dineen, Morgan, Yanks and all associated freeloaders. What end product the likes of Van Zweden hey!

The dig.....*next level**next level**next level**next level**next level**next level*
*next level**next level* *next level* *next level* *next level* *next level* *next level*next level* *next level* *next level* *next level* *next level* *next level**next level*

Argus!

The silence on 12:02 - May 31 with 911 viewsbermudajack

The silence on 11:15 - May 31 by Wingstandwood

It's an excellent post...Here's an extra dig at the lowlife scumbag filth Jenkins, (not me Guv!) Dineen, Morgan, Yanks and all associated freeloaders. What end product the likes of Van Zweden hey!

The dig.....*next level**next level**next level**next level**next level**next level*
*next level**next level* *next level* *next level* *next level* *next level* *next level*next level* *next level* *next level* *next level* *next level* *next level**next level*

I’m hoping this silence is due to the details being finalised on a compete new ethos and structure for the club, from playing style, scouting, youth, first team players, DOF, sponsorships and new manager all being presented as one big response....😳

There again, it’s probably completely the opposite - where none on the above is being addressed 🙄

I’m genuinely concerned for the future of our club 😳

Poll: Priority for new manager?

Login to get fewer ads

The silence on 12:19 - May 31 with 878 viewsAl_Bundy

The realism is the whole club has to be restructured top to bottom following relegation.

There will be a number of players leaving through their choice and a number we will let go to reduce the wage bill. Some contracts end today as a termination or resign deadline so I would imagine there are decisions being made about who and what our squad will look like and transfer fee funds (if any) will be made available to the new gaffer whoever that will be.

There will probably be a large number of redundancies in the back office which is probably being managed at the moment. I guess the question is are all the above being sorted or left until a new Manager is appointed !?

We will not be a top 6 side as some have suggested, we are about to lose the whole spine of the side from front to back and will be left with ageing journeymen and bang average squad players.

Its quite a mess from a business perspective and true feck up on a big scale which was so avoidable. The sale of the club to a proven sporting failure group of chancers and the appalling recruitment of players by the Director Of Failure is quite astounding.
The silence on 12:31 - May 31 with 860 viewsJackBaston

I think theres a few posts here that have hit the nail on the head

We've gone from a club run by fans for fans, to a club completely disengaged with the community, run by a man who thinks hes above us

i used to be so proud of this club, no matter what division, because we ran the club the right way
but now im an idiot fan that'll support the club no matter what and people like jenkins and the yanks can do whatever they want because what will i do? go support someone else?

i wont support anyone else, but i wont be going to home games next season, wont be buying any merch and will be chanting for jenkins out every minute of every game next season
The silence on 12:32 - May 31 with 860 viewsmagicdaps10

Reality is we will lose players this summer, dont be surprised to see 60-70m received in sales.

There is going to be enough clout for the board to give to Potter, enough to see us give it a good fight........Realistically we have to be wise with our money but the word wise and our board worries the life out of me.

One hope I have is that Potter is a man on a start of a journey ala Roberto and Rodgers, he wont want to be messed about.

The silence on 12:50 - May 31 with 831 viewsgiantstoneater

I would argue that Our American owners are very experienced and are successful at the 3 sporting clubs they own - they are successfully bleeding the 3 clubs dry.
The silence on 12:52 - May 31 with 826 viewsswan65split

The silence on 12:02 - May 31 by bermudajack

I’m hoping this silence is due to the details being finalised on a compete new ethos and structure for the club, from playing style, scouting, youth, first team players, DOF, sponsorships and new manager all being presented as one big response....😳

There again, it’s probably completely the opposite - where none on the above is being addressed 🙄

I’m genuinely concerned for the future of our club 😳

I agree and hope the first paragraph is correct.

Also hope its not the second one.

I have been saying for a while without ambition we are fooked, i hope the delay is to do with your first part, and not , with our recent history , a heated discussion between parties about whats what, and what can i do?

I said ambition, personally i am not sure about Potter, but then again, if its him he has my support to see how he copes, because as a basket case of a club I think our pick of who wants the job is limited.

Thanks Pinocchio, now FO
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024