Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Pets at Home store 11:30 - Jul 7 with 10894 viewsLord_Bony

Warra pelava.

I only wanted to buy a shrimp for the bottom of my fish tank to help keep it clean. I was in a rush with people waiting in the car outside. It took 20 minutes for them to get the shrimp and I had to wait for someone to come with a questionnaire.it cost £3.

I was then grilled for several minutes with questions such as...

How many fish are in the tank? What fish are they? How long have you had them? What is the water capacity of the tank? Will you be taking the shrimp home immediateley?Etc. Name,address,phone number,email feck me it went on and on...

I told the assistant I'm buying a shrimp not adopting a dog for life ffs.

After all that the shrimp seems to have disappeared in the tank.

Is all this political correctness really necessary? I mean we eat shrimps by the bucket load.

I've a good mind to write to my M.P.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Pets at Home store on 20:39 - Jul 7 with 1816 viewsLord_Bony

Pets at Home store on 15:38 - Jul 7 by JimmyGilligan

You should have bought it then stepped on it in front of them

Nah that would not be nice.

Next time I ll just eat the bastad thing in front of the manager,just to see the look of horror on their faces.

I do like a nice bit of shrimp.

Btw ive copied and pasted my OP and emailed it to head office...I expect the standard,template response.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Pets at Home store on 21:32 - Jul 7 with 1761 viewsJackfath

Pets at Home store on 20:39 - Jul 7 by Lord_Bony

Next time I ll just eat the bastad thing in front of the manager,just to see the look of horror on their faces.

Btw ive copied and pasted my OP and emailed it to head office...I expect the standard,template response.

'kinell Bony - you are one cwazy man.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Pets at Home store on 00:27 - Jul 8 with 1709 viewsswansRus

Hypocrites - they are quite happy to sell boxes of live crickets - sitting there chirping away on death row just above the geckos that are waiting to munch them live
Pets at Home store on 00:40 - Jul 8 with 1699 viewsE20Jack

Pets at Home store on 00:27 - Jul 8 by swansRus

Hypocrites - they are quite happy to sell boxes of live crickets - sitting there chirping away on death row just above the geckos that are waiting to munch them live

Yep.

Good post.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Pets at Home store on 09:57 - Jul 8 with 1643 viewsLord_Bony

Pets at Home store on 00:27 - Jul 8 by swansRus

What about the welfare of these poor little crickets then?

Surely they deserve to live in peace too,along with the shrimp?

Who speaks out for these guys?

Pets at Home store on 10:03 - Jul 8 with 1633 viewsE20Jack

Pets at Home store on 09:57 - Jul 8 by Lord_Bony

What about the welfare of these poor little crickets then?

Surely they deserve to live in peace too,along with the shrimp?

Who speaks out for these guys?

That’s his point.

These stores are deplorable. I was in Spain a few years ago, went to a local grocery store and they had dogs in perspex boxes on the way in, all for sale. They lived there until bought.

People rightly think it’s awful due to the intelligence of a dog, yet think it’s fine when they see pigs in similar conditions yet they are actually even more intelligent than dogs. Pigs outperform 3 year old children on cognition tests.

In China they think it’s amusing to eat live frogs in restaurants. They trap it so it cannot move then skin the bottom half of it alive as it watches you eat it’s legs in excruciating pain until it eventually dies. Usually filmed with a host of evening dinner go-ers laughing and joking about the whole thing.

56 billion land animals are killed by humans every year and over a trillion aquatic animals. 99.9% absolutely needlessly. Deplorable figures. Take a second just to try and comprehend the level of suffering there, we are talking billions and trillions annually.

The human race depresses me daily.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 10:13]

Pets at Home store on 10:16 - Jul 8 with 1608 viewsLord_Bony

Good post but its put me off my breakfast.

Pets at Home store on 10:19 - Jul 8 with 1599 viewsE20Jack

Pets at Home store on 10:16 - Jul 8 by Lord_Bony

Good post but its put me off my breakfast.

I know the feeling LB.

Best decision I ever made in my whole life and best decision I will ever make is to not become a part of it.

Login to get fewer ads

Pets at Home store on 10:26 - Jul 8 with 1590 viewsJackfath

Pets at Home store on 10:03 - Jul 8 by E20Jack

That’s his point.

These stores are deplorable. I was in Spain a few years ago, went to a local grocery store and they had dogs in perspex boxes on the way in, all for sale. They lived there until bought.

People rightly think it’s awful due to the intelligence of a dog, yet think it’s fine when they see pigs in similar conditions yet they are actually even more intelligent than dogs. Pigs outperform 3 year old children on cognition tests.

In China they think it’s amusing to eat live frogs in restaurants. They trap it so it cannot move then skin the bottom half of it alive as it watches you eat it’s legs in excruciating pain until it eventually dies. Usually filmed with a host of evening dinner go-ers laughing and joking about the whole thing.

56 billion land animals are killed by humans every year and over a trillion aquatic animals. 99.9% absolutely needlessly. Deplorable figures. Take a second just to try and comprehend the level of suffering there, we are talking billions and trillions annually.

The human race depresses me daily.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 10:13]

I'm interested in the "pigs outperform 3 year old children in cognitive tests" statement. Can you post up a link for me to peruse?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Pets at Home store on 10:33 - Jul 8 with 1573 viewstheloneranger

Pets at Home store on 20:39 - Jul 7 by Lord_Bony

Here's the email address for Peter Pritchard ... CEO of retail at Pets at Home.

Go straight to the top man

peterdirect@petsathome.co.uk

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Pets at Home store on 10:35 - Jul 8 with 1570 viewsLord_Bony

Pets at Home store on 10:19 - Jul 8 by E20Jack

I know the feeling LB.

Best decision I ever made in my whole life and best decision I will ever make is to not become a part of it.

Respect for making that decision,im not vegetarian,but ive cut back on my meat consumption big time.

The hypocrisy and faux animal welfare of this chain of stores is rank. The staff would probably think nothing of tucking into a plate of scampi (shrimp) and chips or a full English breakfast.

Hypocrites indeed.

Pets at Home store on 10:37 - Jul 8 with 1565 viewsJackfath

Pets at Home store on 10:35 - Jul 8 by Lord_Bony

Respect for making that decision,im not vegetarian,but ive cut back on my meat consumption big time.

The hypocrisy and faux animal welfare of this chain of stores is rank. The staff would probably think nothing of tucking into a plate of scampi (shrimp) and chips or a full English breakfast.

Hypocrites indeed.

Perhaps the Pets at Home workers don't have a choice with the questionnaires and it's the only job they could get?

Pets at Home store on 10:38 - Jul 8 with 1565 viewsLord_Bony

Pets at Home store on 10:33 - Jul 8 by theloneranger

Here's the email address for Peter Pritchard ... CEO of retail at Pets at Home.

Go straight to the top man

peterdirect@petsathome.co.uk

Nice one Ger,will do.

Pets at Home store on 10:43 - Jul 8 with 1554 viewsLord_Bony

Pets at Home store on 10:37 - Jul 8 by Jackfath

Perhaps the Pets at Home workers don't have a choice with the questionnaires and it's the only job they could get?

Its right that questions should be asked where appropriate for pet welfare Fath.

But a crustacean that measures less than a centimeter is taking it a bit far imo.

I mean marine wildlife eat tons of these things every day...the bastads.

Pets at Home store on 10:48 - Jul 8 with 1537 viewsJackfath

Pets at Home store on 10:43 - Jul 8 by Lord_Bony

Its right that questions should be asked where appropriate for pet welfare Fath.

But a crustacean that measures less than a centimeter is taking it a bit far imo.

I mean marine wildlife eat tons of these things every day...the bastads.

If it's company policy that the questionnaire is asked then you are wrong to have a go at the employees. They may be under directives to do so and therefore your anger over this issue should be directed at the store manager (whose response would be "it's company policy) and then head office.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 10:48]

Pets at Home store on 10:51 - Jul 8 with 1529 viewsLord_Bony

Pets at Home store on 10:48 - Jul 8 by Jackfath

If it's company policy that the questionnaire is asked then you are wrong to have a go at the employees. They may be under directives to do so and therefore your anger over this issue should be directed at the store manager (whose response would be "it's company policy) and then head office.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 10:48]

Can you read ffs?

Pets at Home store on 11:00 - Jul 8 with 1513 viewsJackfath

Pets at Home store on 10:35 - Jul 8 by Lord_Bony

Hypocrites indeed.

I can read perfectly well thanks. It seems your condescending attitude extends to this site too.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 11:17]

Pets at Home store on 11:16 - Jul 8 with 1489 viewsLord_Bony

Im sorry babes,uncalled for I was just about delete before I got in the pool.

Anyways,questions,questions?

Corporate Britain eh? Seems people have had enough.

https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.spectator.co.uk/2015/06/how-could-you-have-im

Pets at Home store on 11:23 - Jul 8 with 1471 viewsE20Jack

Pets at Home store on 10:26 - Jul 8 by Jackfath

I'm interested in the "pigs outperform 3 year old children in cognitive tests" statement. Can you post up a link for me to peruse?

Many to choose from if you google it, so pick whatever link satisfies your criteria.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3122303/Move-Lassie-IQ-tests-reve

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/02/27/opinion/thinking-about-pigs-before-theyre-

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/animalbehaviours.wordpress.com/2017/07/15/pigs-o
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 11:31]

Pets at Home store on 11:27 - Jul 8 with 1462 viewsJackfath

Pets at Home store on 11:23 - Jul 8 by E20Jack

Many to choose from if you google it, so pick whatever link satisfies your criteria.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sciencetech/article-3122303/Move-Lassie-IQ-tests-reve

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2012/02/27/opinion/thinking-about-pigs-before-theyre-

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/animalbehaviours.wordpress.com/2017/07/15/pigs-o
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 11:31]

Nothing on those links that supports your statement. A shame as I was interested in the concept.

Pets at Home store on 11:29 - Jul 8 with 1453 viewsE20Jack

Pets at Home store on 11:27 - Jul 8 by Jackfath

Nothing on those links that supports your statement. A shame as I was interested in the concept.

Not even the bit that says “pigs outperform 3 year old children in cognitive tests?”.

I guess you just didn’t want to see it. Shame, I thought you were genuinely asking. I should have known.

Pets at Home store on 11:32 - Jul 8 with 1450 viewsJackfath

Pets at Home store on 11:29 - Jul 8 by E20Jack

Not even the bit that says “pigs outperform 3 year old children in cognitive tests?”.

I guess you just didn’t want to see it. Shame, I thought you were genuinely asking. I should have known.

I was hoping for a paper or something similar. Not a link to the daily mail (which doesn't speak of children) and a photo of a pig "doing" a jigsaw" with the sentence you've used above it. Nothing else.

Thanks anyway.

Edit. I see you've edited your response with the only sentence there which backs up your statement being "people who study pigs say they are as intelligent as a 3 year old child".
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 11:34]

Pets at Home store on 11:36 - Jul 8 with 1434 viewsE20Jack

Pets at Home store on 11:32 - Jul 8 by Jackfath

I was hoping for a paper or something similar. Not a link to the daily mail (which doesn't speak of children) and a photo of a pig "doing" a jigsaw" with the sentence you've used above it. Nothing else.

Thanks anyway.

Edit. I see you've edited your response with the only sentence there which backs up your statement being "people who study pigs say they are as intelligent as a 3 year old child".
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 11:34]

I am amazed you don’t know. They are ranked as the 4th most intelligent creatures on the planet.

As I said, if you are interested as you claim then no doubt you could get to the bottom of the origins on this well known fact.

The daily mail also say that Donald Trump is the President of the United States.

Thanks for your inquiry.

Pets at Home store on 11:37 - Jul 8 with 1431 viewsJackfath

Pets at Home store on 11:36 - Jul 8 by E20Jack

I am amazed you don’t know. They are ranked as the 4th most intelligent creatures on the planet.

As I said, if you are interested as you claim then no doubt you could get to the bottom of the origins on this well known fact.

The daily mail also say that Donald Trump is the President of the United States.

Thanks for your inquiry.

I was just hoping you could provide some evidence to back up your statement. It seems you're unable to do so.

Pets at Home store on 11:41 - Jul 8 with 1425 viewsE20Jack

Pets at Home store on 11:37 - Jul 8 by Jackfath

I was just hoping you could provide some evidence to back up your statement. It seems you're unable to do so.

I don’t need to provide evidence that gravity exists. Yet am happy to continue to state that fact. I am vegan, I spent many months studying these things in order to come to the conclusions I did. I had no position of bias, if anything I would have liked to continue my habit as it is far easier than realising you are wrong and changing.

So, I know these are facts as do many others who have read such papers and done such research. But I’m not trawling the internet for sources you deem acceptable, look for yourself there are plenty there. I don’t think anyone says otherwise in fact, their superb cognitive ability is not a disputed fact.

One such paper is in the International Journal of Comparative Psychology. I have sparked your interest, go forth and find.
[Post edited 8 Jul 2018 11:58]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024