Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now 20:31 - Aug 10 with 22357 viewsTheResurrection

Exactly

And I could've written that statement word for word for the simple reason it's brutally honest and blunt.

We needed to cut back.

We needed the big earners gone

We needed the players who didn't want to be here gone.

Ideally they would've gone early into the window but these things never work like that for umpteen reasons.

We had a job to do and as brutal as it was it just had to be done to keep a professional football club in the city.

The best news from all this is the understanding we needed to reset, the fact we're going to be brave on the ball so we'll see some football and the promise we'll be dipping into the loan market.

We can now do this after a breather and from a strong platform.

They've made mistakes, so what, who doesn't. They seem keen to put those mistakes right

Superb statement

Up the Jacks.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:35 - Aug 10 with 8548 viewsItchySphincter

It's what you'd expect, pretty much.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:36 - Aug 10 with 8533 viewsSwanzay

Have to ask you basket case where was the detail, you know a simple thing....
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:36 - Aug 10 with 8531 viewsDarran

You actually believe everything they say?

Fuçking hell.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:38 - Aug 10 with 8473 viewsSwanzay

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:36 - Aug 10 by Darran

Fuçking hell.

He is jesting, just like he was last year, yer?
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:42 - Aug 10 with 8406 viewsChief

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:38 - Aug 10 by Swanzay

He is jesting, just like he was last year, yer?

Yea he's a WUM. Constantly goes against what the majority say and says stuff for affect. Hence 'box office'. Posts stuff for attention and not to be taken seriously.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:42 - Aug 10 with 8395 viewsItchySphincter

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:36 - Aug 10 by Darran

Fuçking hell.

That's the crux of it I suppose. The statement is a common sense appraisal of the situation but what we are going to need is some kind of outline of what the plan is, what we hope to achieve over the next couple of years, and that is missing.

Everyone knows that the cost cutting is non negotiable but once again we seem to have left the ins and outs so late there is no time to fix the problems. To do it with Gylfi could be seen as arrogance,or inexperience, but to do it for the second summer in row makes it look like it's the model.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:42 - Aug 10 with 8397 viewsNeathJack

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:44 - Aug 10 with 8351 viewsjacksfullaces

to be fair Res I think you might have written it.

if you are prepared to accept the situation as is then is fine.

any level of thought about how the hell we have come to this and its not going to win any friends.

your pragmatism (in the moment) vs my reflection (how the hell has it come to this)

you can't change how people think though, as frustrating as you might find it.
Login to get fewer ads

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:45 - Aug 10 with 8331 viewslonglostjack

Hilarious

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:45 - Aug 10 with 8318 viewsDarran

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:42 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

That's the crux of it I suppose. The statement is a common sense appraisal of the situation but what we are going to need is some kind of outline of what the plan is, what we hope to achieve over the next couple of years, and that is missing.

Everyone knows that the cost cutting is non negotiable but once again we seem to have left the ins and outs so late there is no time to fix the problems. To do it with Gylfi could be seen as arrogance,or inexperience, but to do it for the second summer in row makes it look like it's the model.

Well said Johnny.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:47 - Aug 10 with 8272 viewsGeoffThom

Curiously doesn't say how much of their own money as owners theyve INVESTED,they feckin caused this ,them and beaky, with the likes of Bradley and absolutely shit signings by Jenkins, but they haven't INVESTED a cent of their own
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:48 - Aug 10 with 8251 viewsTheResurrection

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:42 - Aug 10 by ItchySphincter

Good post but isn't it obvious why it was left so late??

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:51 - Aug 10 with 8216 viewsPhil_S

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:47 - Aug 10 by GeoffThom

Curiously doesn't say how much of their own money as owners theyve INVESTED,they feckin caused this ,them and beaky, with the likes of Bradley and absolutely shit signings by Jenkins, but they haven't INVESTED a cent of their own

Oh they have

Just not where we wanted them to invest it
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:54 - Aug 10 with 8169 viewsDarran

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:48 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

Good post but isn't it obvious why it was left so late??

Did you believe this one too?

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:54 - Aug 10 with 8159 viewsowainglyndwr

They didn't mention the draining of funds from the club to them and Jenkins.
And nothing about why they have put no investment in.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:55 - Aug 10 with 8154 viewsIAN05

The statement as always lacks any detail or content and is faceless as usual.

We all know we need to cut costs dramatically but we also know that they have caused the problem in the first place. We also know that this is our 3rd pre season of shambles they have overseen.

The first statement they made said they had The financial clout to compete- we have seen no investment at all and fact they wanted Trust to help fund stadium expansion tells they have no clout.

The same statement said they will work harder than any other in the board room and pitch to beat competitors - quite the opposite has happened again.

They also stated they would lean on expertise of directors remaining on board - Then ignored all and appointed Bradley and again ignored when advised to sell Gylfi earlier.

Then they stated that the Supporters trust involvement was a huge appeal to them - They've since done everything to rubbish any potential relationship.

They then offered Trust money for shares before changing the terms and scuppering the deal.

Dragged the club's name and loyal as employee through the courts as a result of an unfair dismissal case.

I'm surprised that you still choose to believe anything they say Chris ? Particularly when they have shown no attention, passion, or financial/time investment in the football club you have supported so passionately over the years.

I think what they have done in their time here is nothing short of disgraceful from a football, business and moral perspective.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:55 - Aug 10 with 8137 viewsGeoffThom

It will be interesting to read some of these statements in May, cause if we go again through total lack of incoming some people are gonna look stupid ,even though they already do ,.
It wasn't rocket science you sell one for 8 you buy one for 4, sell one at 6 you go for one worth 3 ?
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:57 - Aug 10 with 8089 viewsLeonWasGod

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:55 - Aug 10 by IAN05

We all know we need to cut costs dramatically but we also know that they have caused the problem in the first place. We also know that this is our 3rd pre season of shambles they have overseen.

The first statement they made said they had The financial clout to compete- we have seen no investment at all and fact they wanted Trust to help fund stadium expansion tells they have no clout.

The same statement said they will work harder than any other in the board room and pitch to beat competitors - quite the opposite has happened again.

They also stated they would lean on expertise of directors remaining on board - Then ignored all and appointed Bradley and again ignored when advised to sell Gylfi earlier.

Then they stated that the Supporters trust involvement was a huge appeal to them - They've since done everything to rubbish any potential relationship.

They then offered Trust money for shares before changing the terms and scuppering the deal.

Dragged the club's name and loyal as employee through the courts as a result of an unfair dismissal case.

I'm surprised that you still choose to believe anything they say Chris ? Particularly when they have shown no attention, passion, or financial/time investment in the football club you have supported so passionately over the years.

I think what they have done in their time here is nothing short of disgraceful from a football, business and moral perspective.

Quite. Things change every time they release a placating statement. They’re making it up as the go along ss they stumble from one feck up to the next.

We need new owners.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:58 - Aug 10 with 8071 viewsjacksfullaces

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:55 - Aug 10 by IAN05

this is the sort of reflection I mean.

hard not to ignore.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:00 - Aug 10 with 8055 viewsTheResurrection

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:44 - Aug 10 by jacksfullaces

to be fair Res I think you might have written it.

if you are prepared to accept the situation as is then is fine.

any level of thought about how the hell we have come to this and its not going to win any friends.

your pragmatism (in the moment) vs my reflection (how the hell has it come to this)

you can't change how people think though, as frustrating as you might find it.

We know how we've got to it, by being in the hardest league in world football and trying to survive. Often by gambling on players who didn't pay off for us. Sooner or later this catches up with all bar the mega wealthy.

If anyone is struggling with this they're not willing to think straight.

The fans want it all don't they. Good football, players that you pick up for peanuts on cheap wages who we then sell for a fortune and all this from their great experience of never being involved in professional football.

They simply won't accept we were the longest serving member of the big league and why. And why so, so many other teams fall by the way side.

They've got all the answers and pick holes in any argument to suit their anger.

None of it is intelligent, none of it is thoughtful, it's just kick a cat mentality bollocks

We would've run out of money by January if they'd all stayed.

And you know all the criticism about overspending last year....??? Well now we're being criticised for not paying more than our valuation.

Every good signing is made an excuse about.

Every bad signing is slaughtered.

Facking pathetic.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:02 - Aug 10 with 8017 viewsTheResurrection

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 20:47 - Aug 10 by GeoffThom

If they did twpo the trust would own a bit less. You can't just chuck capital about without altering the status quo or going into debt to them.

How many facking times do people need to read this before it sinks in.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:03 - Aug 10 with 7993 viewsangryjack

Hes obviously on a continuous wind up and we all falling for it....otherwise he's on the payroll
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:06 - Aug 10 with 7963 viewsdobjack2

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:00 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

We know how we've got to it, by being in the hardest league in world football and trying to survive. Often by gambling on players who didn't pay off for us. Sooner or later this catches up with all bar the mega wealthy.

The fans want it all don't they. Good football, players that you pick up for peanuts on cheap wages who we then sell for a fortune and all this from their great experience of never being involved in professional football.

They simply won't accept we were the longest serving member of the big league and why. And why so, so many other teams fall by the way side.

None of it is intelligent, none of it is thoughtful, it's just kick a cat mentality bollocks

And you know all the criticism about overspending last year....??? Well now we're being criticised for not paying more than our valuation.

Facking pathetic.

It’s about time you grew up.

If someone disagrees with your point of view you resort to hurling abuse.
Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:13 - Aug 10 with 7870 viewsTheResurrection

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:03 - Aug 10 by angryjack

Hes obviously on a continuous wind up and we all falling for it....otherwise he's on the payroll

Just looking forward to supporting the Club I've followed home and away since the 70's.

I know mistakes have been made and some bad ones. I also know I'm putting an element of blind faith in them. But for me that's the best policy now.

Things could turn ugly for us as a football club if we continually protested and Boo'd our way through every game. It's not going to be as easy to remove multi million pound owners who've paid more than we could ever find to buy the Club. It's also not going to be easy to find other owners to buy them out.

So what's left for us. It's that element of hope isn't it... Hope that lessons have been learnt and we can kick start again.

For me, with a manager like Potter and his new signings, that's a better alternative than going down to slag off the Board and create an atmosphere the players would hate.

There's some talented youngsters brought in. We've got some in our own ranks, the last thing they need is a hostile crowd.

The appointment of the manager was a good sign of a change in direction. The players he's brought in are as well. They deserve a chance to succeed.

Let's see what the loan window brings and let's take it from there.

The past is the past. Crying over spilt milk isn't going to help anything.

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:15 - Aug 10 with 7837 viewsjacksfullaces

Superb Statement. Well done the Board. Time to get behind SCFC now on 21:00 - Aug 10 by TheResurrection

Facking pathetic.

you know what, am going to give you an up arrow for your response; not in any patronising way, but am going to mull over what you say.

I am trying to strip out the raw emotion and disappointment.

I think though that the intentions of our owners, as investors, has been to make as much out of the club by spending as little as they can. standard business practice but it probably means they don't have the same long term hopes and aspirations as us fans i.e if the miracle happens great, but does lightening strike twice?

I can't help feel that won't help us in the long run, and that jenkins and co has put us in some pretty uninterested hands. if we take the last 7 years as a nice bonus then I guess that's what I have to think about.

Either way, am going to rejoin the trust tomorrow, and try and make a little more sense of all that is going on if I can.

and obviously get a bit of frustration out of my system by mainly shouting for the boys tomorrow afternoon.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024