Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Woods on Bench today 14:52 - Aug 19 with 12675 viewsSirjohnalot

It’ll be very interesting to see if or when he comes on. That may give an indication as to whether there’s any likelihood of his moving on loan. Saying that Fernandez played for us before he went to Newcastle
Woods on Bench today on 14:53 - Aug 19 with 5869 viewsNeath_Jack

I've never seen such a fuss over an unknown championship player before.

It's absolutely bonkers.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Woods on Bench today on 14:57 - Aug 19 with 5839 viewsexiledclaseboy

Woods on Bench today on 14:53 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

It's absolutely bonkers.

It’s not even as if he’s foreign.

Poll: Tory leader

Woods on Bench today on 14:59 - Aug 19 with 5823 viewsTummer_from_Texas

It's absolutely bonkers.

Watching Tom Carroll's first half performance Saturday, we have a reason to feel desperate for any help in that part of the pitch.

Poll: Biggest signing so far in January? (just curious what Planet Swans thinks)

Woods on Bench today on 15:04 - Aug 19 with 5800 viewsNeath_Jack

Woods on Bench today on 14:57 - Aug 19 by exiledclaseboy

It’s not even as if he’s foreign.

The bastard.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

Woods on Bench today on 15:26 - Aug 19 with 5686 views34dfgdf54

It's absolutely bonkers.

Midfield looks very weak, Potter has had a good start and all the players he has acquired look promising, Woods looks like his number one target so it would have been nice to have seen how it worked out.

Never going to happen now though whether he gets minutes for Brentford or not. We need to move on from this one.
Woods on Bench today on 15:30 - Aug 19 with 5662 viewsTheKirkyLife

I'd say Besic more likely at this point.
Woods on Bench today on 15:43 - Aug 19 with 5599 views34dfgdf54

Woods on Bench today on 15:30 - Aug 19 by TheKirkyLife

Would be shocked with that one aswell.

Wages too steep.
Woods on Bench today on 16:06 - Aug 19 with 5497 viewsdobjack2

It's absolutely bonkers.

He seemed to be Potter’s number 1 target for a holding midfielder. We appeared to be in discussions with Brentford for an eternity. Last minute he appears to be coming here and then he isn’t. Wtf was that all about? Nobody knows just rumours.

Meanwhile we are embarking on the biggest fire sale I can remember seeing from a relegated team, and it doesn’t look as if that has come to an end. So far the club hasn’t replaced the gaping holes in the squad left by the sales/loans.

Whilst everyone understands that costs have to be cut, its being cut to the detriment of the playing squad with no indication that the top non- playing staff wages are being reduced in view of the club’s relegation.

My take is that the Woods non- transfer is just a focal point for the unbalanced paper thin squad we currently have, rather than Woods being the new Kante.
Login to get fewer ads

Woods on Bench today on 16:39 - Aug 19 with 5345 viewsSirjohnalot

It's absolutely bonkers.

Crazy isn’t it ? Tried saying that to my mate, but he wouldn’t listen.....can’t see the Woods for the trees, some people.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 16:42]
Woods on Bench today on 16:46 - Aug 19 with 5308 viewsNeath_Jack

Woods on Bench today on 16:39 - Aug 19 by Sirjohnalot

Crazy isn’t it ? Tried saying that to my mate, but he wouldn’t listen.....can’t see the Woods for the trees, some people.
[Post edited 19 Aug 2018 16:42]

While you're on, are you familiar with DS Stephen Fulcher and what happened with him after the arrest of Christopher Halliwell? Read his book in the summer, treated terribly if you ask me.

Woods on Bench today on 16:49 - Aug 19 with 5276 viewsbyron

It's absolutely bonkers.

Yep he isn’t that good. He was played out of the game by our midfield (and that’s saying something) last April at there place, two nil was it? He was nowhere

Benny

Woods on Bench today on 16:55 - Aug 19 with 5221 viewsBadlands

If we are obsessed with one player who probably won't transfer the new recruiting team are as bad as the last.
We should have moved on or we'll be either paying silly money to bing in a player who is unsuitable on the last loan day or we won't bring anyone in.
Either way a bit of a disaster given that we have Fulton and Carroll in midfield an little else.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Woods on Bench today on 17:04 - Aug 19 with 5170 viewsSwansea93

He didn't come on today, Brentford have started the season well, why would he leave them? Unless he aint going to get game time.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Woods on Bench today on 17:06 - Aug 19 with 5157 viewsSirjohnalot

Woods on Bench today on 16:46 - Aug 19 by Neath_Jack

While you're on, are you familiar with DS Stephen Fulcher and what happened with him after the arrest of Christopher Halliwell? Read his book in the summer, treated terribly if you ask me.

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2017/jun/25/catching-a-serial-killer-stephen-

It’s a difficult one. The rules under PACE (Police And Criminal Evidence Act) were brought in to protect the likes of you and me against police oppression, essentially following the Birmingham Six and allegations that confessions came as a result of torture, sleep deprivation etc.

Alter the facts slightly, and have a suspect who is vulnerable, perhaps learning difficulties, who is taken to a remote location and talked into a false confession by a police officer, without any witnesses being present. It serves a false master as it is very likely that any confession (this was different as a body was found )is likely to be ruled inadmissible and won’t be relied on in court.

Can you imagine being a juror and hearing defence saying ..’so you took this man, on his own, no witnesses, offered or threatened him with goodness knows what, for at least two hours, denied him the right to legal representation, did not bring him to a police station and obtained a confession ? Not worth the paper it’s written on’

If there’s no other proof (like a body here) that’d go no where.

Will buy the book though, read into it a bit more.

Thanks for the recommendation
Woods on Bench today on 17:07 - Aug 19 with 5150 viewsraynor94

Can really see Brentford being there or thereabouts, this season

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Woods on Bench today on 17:07 - Aug 19 with 5144 viewslonglostjack

Woods on Bench today on 16:55 - Aug 19 by Badlands

If we are obsessed with one player who probably won't transfer the new recruiting team are as bad as the last.
We should have moved on or we'll be either paying silly money to bing in a player who is unsuitable on the last loan day or we won't bring anyone in.
Either way a bit of a disaster given that we have Fulton and Carroll in midfield an little else.

Are the new recruiting team negotiating contracts then?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Woods on Bench today on 17:10 - Aug 19 with 5132 viewsNeath_Jack

Woods on Bench today on 17:06 - Aug 19 by Sirjohnalot

https://www.theguardian.com/global/2017/jun/25/catching-a-serial-killer-stephen-

It’s a difficult one. The rules under PACE (Police And Criminal Evidence Act) were brought in to protect the likes of you and me against police oppression, essentially following the Birmingham Six and allegations that confessions came as a result of torture, sleep deprivation etc.

Alter the facts slightly, and have a suspect who is vulnerable, perhaps learning difficulties, who is taken to a remote location and talked into a false confession by a police officer, without any witnesses being present. It serves a false master as it is very likely that any confession (this was different as a body was found )is likely to be ruled inadmissible and won’t be relied on in court.

Can you imagine being a juror and hearing defence saying ..’so you took this man, on his own, no witnesses, offered or threatened him with goodness knows what, for at least two hours, denied him the right to legal representation, did not bring him to a police station and obtained a confession ? Not worth the paper it’s written on’

If there’s no other proof (like a body here) that’d go no where.

Will buy the book though, read into it a bit more.

Thanks for the recommendation

There was loads of witnesses to this one though, about 30 other police officers and the force helicopter. I get what PACE was set up to do, but in this instance, where two bodies were found, one of which definitely wouldn't have been found had he not done what he done.

First off he was hailed as a hero, then a complete volte-face by the force.

When my brother finishes with my copy, I'll send it on if you like.

Woods on Bench today on 17:32 - Aug 19 with 5026 viewsTailGunner

Woods on Bench today on 16:49 - Aug 19 by byron

Yep he isn’t that good. He was played out of the game by our midfield (and that’s saying something) last April at there place, two nil was it? He was nowhere

You don't use midfield....ffs
Woods on Bench today on 17:37 - Aug 19 with 4994 viewsairedale

Woods on Bench today on 15:43 - Aug 19 by 34dfgdf54

Would be shocked with that one aswell.

Wages too steep.

Not if Dyer goes to Reading?
Woods on Bench today on 18:06 - Aug 19 with 4867 viewsTailGunner

You can just sense, even if he does come here, there are loads of our fans hoping he will fail.

Nonces
Woods on Bench today on 18:31 - Aug 19 with 4782 views34dfgdf54

Woods on Bench today on 17:37 - Aug 19 by airedale

Not if Dyer goes to Reading?

Everton still want loan fee, plus his agent wants £1m according to Boro fans.

Not a chance imo.
Woods on Bench today on 19:06 - Aug 19 with 4648 viewsjack247

Woods on Bench today on 16:49 - Aug 19 by byron

Did you watch that game, or were you posting on here during it?
Woods on Bench today on 19:26 - Aug 19 with 4549 viewsbyron

Woods on Bench today on 19:06 - Aug 19 by jack247

Did you watch that game, or were you posting on here during it?

Both, on tv and I bound to have updated you lot

Benny

Woods on Bench today on 20:18 - Aug 19 with 4365 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Woods on Bench today on 15:30 - Aug 19 by TheKirkyLife

The silence though is deafening. I think all the bluster is just that - bluster. Pearlman won't be allowed to sanction any more expenditure and we're deluding ourselves if we think otherwise. Sell everything and GTFO seems to be the new modus operandi.

Where's f*cking Oprah when we need her?

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Woods on Bench today on 20:27 - Aug 19 with 4327 viewsplasjack

Woods on Bench today on 20:18 - Aug 19 by Brynmill_Jack

The silence though is deafening. I think all the bluster is just that - bluster. Pearlman won't be allowed to sanction any more expenditure and we're deluding ourselves if we think otherwise. Sell everything and GTFO seems to be the new modus operandi.

Where's f*cking Oprah when we need her?

Forget Oprah, lets get Catherine Zeta Jones interested, after all she is a Swansea girl.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024