Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds 16:45 - Aug 21 with 14690 viewsBlasterJack

Captain Beaky finally speaks....

https://www.swanseacity.com/news/chairmans-column-leeds-united

"The last few years were no fun for anyone connected to Swansea City".
Since you sold us for 30 pieces of silver you mean?
[Post edited 21 Aug 2018 16:48]

"And I heard a voice in the midst of the four beasts. And I looked, and behold a pale horse, and his name that sat on him was Death, and hell followed with him."

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 11:31 - Aug 23 with 1620 viewsJoshTheJack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 03:53 - Aug 23 by E20Jack

Heard so often? How many times did you hear that? My guess is once, which was in relation to the financial standing of the club and the way it can become self sufficient. You probably feel you heard it more as our fans ever since have been repeating it like some sort of mantra completely misunderstanding the meaning of what was being said.

I don't understand what your point regarding the youth players coming through is. 3 of those 4 mentioned played at Premier League level.

The Prem money certainly did improve the academy, but they don't just gift it money. It has to be redirected there by Jenkins and the money men. They decided to invest in the academy as some sort of insurance policy against relegation and we are reaping the rewards.

To say if we get promoted it will be nothing to do with Jenkins is ridiculous. By that notion neither was relegation. This criticism is too one sided for my money, which of course by default makes it inaccurate and essentially.. pointless.

You're guess is wrong regarding the next level,HJ and the Americans spouted that for months.
Playing in the prem for a couple of games doesn't make a Prem quality player if so they'd be playing there now.
You can say he redirected the money to the academy as a policy against relegation in truth in needed to be done because we we're years behind Cardiffs,Our biggest rival in terms of getting young local players.The last time we were in the Championship we were sending 19/20 year olds to the WPL,We needed a better youth structure no matter what division we were in.

If we don't get promoted within the three seasons of parachute payments the Americans aren't going to give a shit what state they leave us in they'll get their money by hook or crook.So the club and us fans are left with the fallout while Jenkins and co and the Americans will all be sitting comfortably.Do you think HJ and the Americans have backed Potter sufficently?

Does anyone know if we've lowered out youth category rating?
Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 11:40 - Aug 23 with 1601 viewsQJumpingJack

The programme notes from both Jenkins and Pearlman on Tuesday night were very arrogant.

And how much are they being paid a year?

Maybe the Trust can have a voice for the Bristol City game. They are more deserving.
Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 05:36 - Aug 24 with 1486 viewsE20Jack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 11:31 - Aug 23 by JoshTheJack

You're guess is wrong regarding the next level,HJ and the Americans spouted that for months.
Playing in the prem for a couple of games doesn't make a Prem quality player if so they'd be playing there now.
You can say he redirected the money to the academy as a policy against relegation in truth in needed to be done because we we're years behind Cardiffs,Our biggest rival in terms of getting young local players.The last time we were in the Championship we were sending 19/20 year olds to the WPL,We needed a better youth structure no matter what division we were in.

If we don't get promoted within the three seasons of parachute payments the Americans aren't going to give a shit what state they leave us in they'll get their money by hook or crook.So the club and us fans are left with the fallout while Jenkins and co and the Americans will all be sitting comfortably.Do you think HJ and the Americans have backed Potter sufficently?

Does anyone know if we've lowered out youth category rating?

Can you direct me no any passages then? I don't think anybody spouted it, let alone for months. It was misinterpreted and peddled by fans ad nauseum, are you thinking of that?

I don't understand your point regarding the academy. Isn't the point of investing in an academy to improve it? Whether Cardiff were ahead of us is irrelevant, he choose to spend millions on it. We have and still are reaping the rewards for that and no doubt will do for years and decades to come.

Poll: 6 point deduction and sellouts lose all their cash?

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:23 - Aug 24 with 1428 viewsJoshTheJack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 05:36 - Aug 24 by E20Jack

Can you direct me no any passages then? I don't think anybody spouted it, let alone for months. It was misinterpreted and peddled by fans ad nauseum, are you thinking of that?

I don't understand your point regarding the academy. Isn't the point of investing in an academy to improve it? Whether Cardiff were ahead of us is irrelevant, he choose to spend millions on it. We have and still are reaping the rewards for that and no doubt will do for years and decades to come.

I can't find the videos on three seperate occasions the phrase next level was used.I will try to find them later on.
Yes we invested in the academy to improve it to the detriment of our first team sqaud.We are only reaping the rewards because we got relegated they wouldn't be playing otherwise.
I disagree with saying Cardiff are irrelevant they're our main rival in securing local talent,If they stay in the Prem for a couple of seasons they'll have the resources to hoover up playes like much like we did.I think we'll lose a few players to them.
We have nothing unique anymore to attract them.Yes our academy is in better shape than the last time we were in the Championship.With the money that flowed through the club it would have been stupid not too improve it considering it was probably on par with league 1/2 clubs.
Plus it added value when they sold the club,I would say it was part of their exit strategy much like the film.
You say he chose to invest in the academy,he also chose to sell us for personal gain not caring who he sold too,excluding the trust and constantly misleading the fans. I can't be bothered to go back and forth anymore. we're cleary not going change eachother opinions.
Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:31 - Aug 24 with 1410 viewsE20Jack

I’m not even sure what your opinion is truth be told.

I didn’t say Cardiff were irrelevant, I said it is irrelevant whether they were ahead of us or not. The decision to invest in the academy was a sound one and thus can absolutely credit the youth policy and players we have at our club to him and the decision makers behind it.

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:33 - Aug 24 with 1410 viewsDarran

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:23 - Aug 24 by JoshTheJack

I can't find the videos on three seperate occasions the phrase next level was used.I will try to find them later on.
Yes we invested in the academy to improve it to the detriment of our first team sqaud.We are only reaping the rewards because we got relegated they wouldn't be playing otherwise.
I disagree with saying Cardiff are irrelevant they're our main rival in securing local talent,If they stay in the Prem for a couple of seasons they'll have the resources to hoover up playes like much like we did.I think we'll lose a few players to them.
We have nothing unique anymore to attract them.Yes our academy is in better shape than the last time we were in the Championship.With the money that flowed through the club it would have been stupid not too improve it considering it was probably on par with league 1/2 clubs.
Plus it added value when they sold the club,I would say it was part of their exit strategy much like the film.
You say he chose to invest in the academy,he also chose to sell us for personal gain not caring who he sold too,excluding the trust and constantly misleading the fans. I can't be bothered to go back and forth anymore. we're cleary not going change eachother opinions.

Josh don’t reply to Nut Boy anymore it’s pointless we are already at the next level. lol

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level by TheResurrection 1 Sep 2017 22:06
The Holy Grail of the "next level" is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it.

The Club still isn't perfect, but which one is? The Trust still need a genuine revamp and refresh to communicate effectively to both Board and fans. The friendly game ticket prices is an example of this. But the overall picture is one of a Club getting back on track and improving. Nothing too much to shout about in isolation as the only was was up after the disaster of the last 2 years or so.

But nevertheless we're getting our act together. Off the pitch and since January, on it.

Commercially we will see the benefits, we have professionals involved, true business people with contacts who will increase revenue. Better sponsorships and business partners to be tapped into. The profile of SCFC is on the rise, more professional media interaction, website, Twitter, Facebook, more games being streamed, all on the up.

The football aspect will now follow. The U-23's had a tremendously successful season and our Academy and training facilities are now state of the art. This will only help everything we are trying to achieve.

Anyone one of us that has supported this Club back in the day, when we stop and think about things, will struggle to believe it's all actually been a true story.

We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud.

The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here.

Goalkeeper - as solid as we could hope for and Fab is Swansea's no. 1 without a shadow of a doubt. The way we accumulate GK's should mean at least one of them will be good enough to step in if he's ever injured ;-)

Defence - Been a revelation under Clement as we now defend as a team with responsibility for this aspect on every player. Naughts comes in for ridiculous stick but for me he's completely dependable. Everyone loves to scapegoat and bully somebody. Naughts gets too much of this. Cover at full back would've been great but it didn't happen and he won't let us down - same as he didn't last season. Fede and Maws have now formed a strong partnership and have enjoyed playing alongside each other for some time and are growing very strong. I love Olsson, he's as competitive as they come, the sheer determination in everything he does is infectious. We've also got ball players right along the back and we can now adapt perfectly well to a 3-5-2 with Bartley and VdH able to step in when needed. Rangel is an able deputy and Clucas can cover the left. We are solid at the back.

Midfield - We will be very strong and competitive in midfield this season. The signing of Sanches is truly unbelievable and exciting and the options we now have in this area are plentiful - off the bench too. I'm sure Clement and the Board would've loved to add another wider player but we won't be held ransom and pay massively over the odds - that's not good business. Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners. Fer, Ki and Mesa all have genuine claims of fighting for a first XI slot and Ayew can play deeper or wide to provide options. Leon's still about as are Routs, Narsingh and Dyer so we're not having to rely on the old guard like we did last season, and these boys will still have something to offer as the season goes on, I'm sure of that. Southampton have made Europe on squads similar to ours and we can genuinely aim to look a lot higher up the league than we could this time last season, as far as up as that remains to be seen, but why not.

Up front - Bony, Tammy and Ayew is our strongest front line since the EPL without a shadow of doubt. Bony, in my opinion, is the missing piece in the jigsaw, he has the exact qualities we've been crying out for and Llorente could simply not provide. I think the 3 can play together in a 4-3-3 with Bony in the middle and Tammy and Ayew either side. It won't be Tammy's preferred option, same as it isn't for Rashford, bit it's a genuine alternative option for us.

Options are good and options we now have in abundance.

Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year.

Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:36 - Aug 24 with 1398 viewsE20Jack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:33 - Aug 24 by Darran

Josh don’t reply to Nut Boy anymore it’s pointless we are already at the next level. lol

Our Football Club - Better in Every Department. Welcome to the Next Level by TheResurrection 1 Sep 2017 22:06
The Holy Grail of the "next level" is probably already upon us, or at least we're moving towards it, but most of you are too wrapped up in your own miserable preconceived prejudices, you won't open your eyes to realise it.

The Club still isn't perfect, but which one is? The Trust still need a genuine revamp and refresh to communicate effectively to both Board and fans. The friendly game ticket prices is an example of this. But the overall picture is one of a Club getting back on track and improving. Nothing too much to shout about in isolation as the only was was up after the disaster of the last 2 years or so.

But nevertheless we're getting our act together. Off the pitch and since January, on it.

Commercially we will see the benefits, we have professionals involved, true business people with contacts who will increase revenue. Better sponsorships and business partners to be tapped into. The profile of SCFC is on the rise, more professional media interaction, website, Twitter, Facebook, more games being streamed, all on the up.

The football aspect will now follow. The U-23's had a tremendously successful season and our Academy and training facilities are now state of the art. This will only help everything we are trying to achieve.

Anyone one of us that has supported this Club back in the day, when we stop and think about things, will struggle to believe it's all actually been a true story.

We are 7 years - SEVEN YEARS - in the EPL and it's time now to quit the childish quips about "the Yanks" ; "the sell-outs" etc. What we've achieved, led by the old Board and now the new is nothing short of a miracle, it's phenomenal!! I have spent enough time voicing an angry opinion about the goings on of all concerned, but all said and done, they've done us proud.

The football squad we will take into the Premier League from now is arguably the best since we've been here.

Goalkeeper - as solid as we could hope for and Fab is Swansea's no. 1 without a shadow of a doubt. The way we accumulate GK's should mean at least one of them will be good enough to step in if he's ever injured ;-)

Defence - Been a revelation under Clement as we now defend as a team with responsibility for this aspect on every player. Naughts comes in for ridiculous stick but for me he's completely dependable. Everyone loves to scapegoat and bully somebody. Naughts gets too much of this. Cover at full back would've been great but it didn't happen and he won't let us down - same as he didn't last season. Fede and Maws have now formed a strong partnership and have enjoyed playing alongside each other for some time and are growing very strong. I love Olsson, he's as competitive as they come, the sheer determination in everything he does is infectious. We've also got ball players right along the back and we can now adapt perfectly well to a 3-5-2 with Bartley and VdH able to step in when needed. Rangel is an able deputy and Clucas can cover the left. We are solid at the back.

Midfield - We will be very strong and competitive in midfield this season. The signing of Sanches is truly unbelievable and exciting and the options we now have in this area are plentiful - off the bench too. I'm sure Clement and the Board would've loved to add another wider player but we won't be held ransom and pay massively over the odds - that's not good business. Carroll has been outstanding since coming in, Clucas has fitted in with ease and technically just what we need, these 2 will keep the ball flowing freely and accurately all around the park, with Carroll more than adept at set pieces and corners. Fer, Ki and Mesa all have genuine claims of fighting for a first XI slot and Ayew can play deeper or wide to provide options. Leon's still about as are Routs, Narsingh and Dyer so we're not having to rely on the old guard like we did last season, and these boys will still have something to offer as the season goes on, I'm sure of that. Southampton have made Europe on squads similar to ours and we can genuinely aim to look a lot higher up the league than we could this time last season, as far as up as that remains to be seen, but why not.

Up front - Bony, Tammy and Ayew is our strongest front line since the EPL without a shadow of doubt. Bony, in my opinion, is the missing piece in the jigsaw, he has the exact qualities we've been crying out for and Llorente could simply not provide. I think the 3 can play together in a 4-3-3 with Bony in the middle and Tammy and Ayew either side. It won't be Tammy's preferred option, same as it isn't for Rashford, bit it's a genuine alternative option for us.

Manager - Clement has been inch perfect since he's come in and all the options mentioned above, he makes them a reality. His coaching is second to none and the team is able to adapt to any of his demands. He'll also get us playing more football this season and our style of play will be unrecognisable from the sheer tedium of last year.

Next level? We're getting there if not arrived already, so let's see it for what it is, embrace the changes and enjoy what's going to be a bloody good season of football with some outstanding talent on show.

Translation:-

“Guys I’m getting really annoyed that he keeps proving his points and we all know he will back them up really well, can you all stop proving him right as it annoys me and I don’t want to look like I am throwing my toys out of the pram when I eventually boil over on here. Thanks for the help.”

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 13:19 - Aug 24 with 1377 viewslonglostjack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 12:33 - Aug 24 by Darran

18 people uparrowed the OP mind.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Login to get fewer ads

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 13:33 - Aug 24 with 1351 viewscostalotta

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 13:19 - Aug 24 by longlostjack

That’s interesting seeing some of posters who up arrowhead
Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 13:38 - Aug 24 with 1337 viewsE20Jack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 13:19 - Aug 24 by longlostjack

19 now

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:00 - Aug 24 with 1315 viewsShaky

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 03:55 - Aug 23 by E20Jack

Clement, Guidolin and Monk all did the jobs they were employed for. I will happily give him credit for those. The first two saved us from relegation against all odds and the latter gave us our highest ever Premier League finish. i don't think even the most one eyed Jenkins haters would attempt to lay Bob Bradley at his door.

Who is responsible for all the disastrous player acquisitions then, assistant errand-boy?

Misology -- It's a bitch
Poll: Greatest PS Troll Hunter of all time

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:02 - Aug 24 with 1305 viewsE20Jack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:00 - Aug 24 by Shaky

Who is responsible for all the disastrous player acquisitions then, assistant errand-boy?

Look who’s it is. I was worried about you.

The answer to your silly question is easy. The committee that signs players, the same ones responsible for sanctioning the wonderful ones too.

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:06 - Aug 24 with 1298 viewsShaky

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:02 - Aug 24 by E20Jack

Look who’s it is. I was worried about you.

The answer to your silly question is easy. The committee that signs players, the same ones responsible for sanctioning the wonderful ones too.

You think it is a silly question to ascertain who was responsible for flushing +£75 million down the toilet on duff player acquisitions over the past few years?

Shows what you know.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:08 - Aug 24 with 1291 viewsE20Jack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:06 - Aug 24 by Shaky

You think it is a silly question to ascertain who was responsible for flushing +£75 million down the toilet on duff player acquisitions over the past few years?

Shows what you know.

I don’t think it’s a silly question, no.

I know so.

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:12 - Aug 24 with 1287 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 15:07 - Aug 22 by JoshTheJack

Lol no awnser to my post then?still no awnser on whether you think Pearlman and Jenkins have taken a wage cut either.
[Post edited 22 Aug 2018 15:08]

I haven't seen your post but I would guess they have, especially Jenkins.

Trust, can you confirm this or ask the question, it's a more than fair one.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:22 - Aug 24 with 1269 viewsTheResurrection

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:06 - Aug 24 by Shaky

Shows what you know.

Here he is, he's back, the font of all football knowledge now. Talent recruitment being yet another area he's an expert in.

Fraud.

* BOX OFFICE POST ABOVE* TM I am the resurrection and i am the light. I couldn’t ever bring myself to hate you as i’d like
Poll: Is it time for the Trust to make change happen?

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:27 - Aug 24 with 1259 viewsE20Jack

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:22 - Aug 24 by TheResurrection

Here he is, he's back, the font of all football knowledge now. Talent recruitment being yet another area he's an expert in.

Fraud.

He’s a busted flush.

Even his avatar is snooze inducing these days. You can almost predict word for word every post he makes and every reply he types - on the odd occasion it isn’t copy and pasted from somewhere else that is.

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:29 - Aug 24 with 1257 viewsShaky

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 14:22 - Aug 24 by TheResurrection

Fraud.

i wouldn't go that far personally, but I can easily see how from your vantage point everybody looks like a footballing genius, errand boy.

Misology -- It's a bitch

Jenkins' Programme Notes v Leeds on 16:03 - Aug 24 with 1215 viewsJoshTheJack

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/full-transcript-huw-j

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-chairman
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024