Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
EV Drivers 16:24 - Aug 23 with 7769 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

Any fellow Jacks enjoying the benefits of driving an EV?

I'm currently whizzing round in a Nissan Leaf 30kwh Tekna. Love it!
EV Drivers on 16:36 - Aug 23 with 5860 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Sponger.
EV Drivers on 18:09 - Aug 23 with 5788 viewsPacemaker

How far are you driving though? I have a 45 mile round trip commute and my parents are about the same distance away. I am driving about 90 miles to Shropshire on the weekend to stay for a few days. Not really feasible for most families unless as a second car.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

EV Drivers on 18:12 - Aug 23 with 5780 viewsJackfath

EV Drivers on 18:09 - Aug 23 by Pacemaker

How far are you driving though? I have a 45 mile round trip commute and my parents are about the same distance away. I am driving about 90 miles to Shropshire on the weekend to stay for a few days. Not really feasible for most families unless as a second car.

Or a very long extension cable.

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

EV Drivers on 18:21 - Aug 23 with 5779 viewslifelong

Just looked on the Nissan website, those cars start at £25K, have a range of 168 miles when fully charged, they take at least a hour to recharge to 20% at a recharging station, they can be charged at your home using a normal electrical socket and will take over 7 hours to fully charge.
EV Drivers on 18:29 - Aug 23 with 5767 viewsGowerjack

I had a Lexus CT hybrid for a while.

Easily the worst car I've ever driven.

Plastic since 1974
Poll: Is ECB for tyranny?

EV Drivers on 19:13 - Aug 23 with 5720 viewsCooperman

Massive changes will occur over the next few years - the demise of the diesel engine and the evolvement of battery technology is gathering pace. The governments of the world are helping to push this along via inner city clean zones and some of the big automotive conglomerates are in full support. Some auto manufacturers are going through M&A purely so that battery tech and power electronics can be secured.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

EV Drivers on 19:53 - Aug 23 with 5675 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

EV Drivers on 18:09 - Aug 23 by Pacemaker

My work commute is 60 mile total and I've still over a 50% battery left when I get home.

Most I've done in a day is 90 mile and again anywhere between 20-25% battery left. Style of driving plays a part as well.
EV Drivers on 20:00 - Aug 23 with 5663 viewsNeath_Jack

EV Drivers on 18:21 - Aug 23 by lifelong

Just looked on the Nissan website, those cars start at £25K, have a range of 168 miles when fully charged, they take at least a hour to recharge to 20% at a recharging station, they can be charged at your home using a normal electrical socket and will take over 7 hours to fully charge.

Plug the charger into the cigarette lighter mun, charge as you go.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

Login to get fewer ads

EV Drivers on 20:01 - Aug 23 with 5663 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

EV Drivers on 18:21 - Aug 23 by lifelong

Picked up my 2 year old Leaf for just under £16k, its a top spec with most gadgets. I'd say the car will comfortably do 110-120 miles. I really need to get out and try it.

Not sure where you got the charging times from. Rapid charging at services takes anywhere from 30-40 mins to 100%.

Home charging on a 3 pin plug at home can easy take over 10 hours but I find its rare I get home with an empty battery so it less.

Home charges can be fit from £200 upwards at that will reduce your charge time 3.5 hours.
EV Drivers on 20:02 - Aug 23 with 5658 viewsNeath_Jack

EV Drivers on 20:01 - Aug 23 by SingUpNorthBank84

Picked up my 2 year old Leaf for just under £16k, its a top spec with most gadgets. I'd say the car will comfortably do 110-120 miles. I really need to get out and try it.

Not sure where you got the charging times from. Rapid charging at services takes anywhere from 30-40 mins to 100%.

Home charging on a 3 pin plug at home can easy take over 10 hours but I find its rare I get home with an empty battery so it less.

Home charges can be fit from £200 upwards at that will reduce your charge time 3.5 hours.

How fast does it go?

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

EV Drivers on 20:10 - Aug 23 with 5648 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

EV Drivers on 20:02 - Aug 23 by Neath_Jack

How fast does it go?

Majority of my driving is A roads, but when I've been on dual carriageway/motorway I've been over 90mph comfortably.

I tend to drive with eco mode on which restricts things but saves the battery. But when I've needed to open up to overtake etc I flick the eco button off and it flies.
EV Drivers on 20:14 - Aug 23 with 5635 viewsJackfath

Is it quiet?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

EV Drivers on 20:22 - Aug 23 with 5628 viewslifelong

https://www.googleadservices.com/pagead/aclk?sa=L&ai=DChcSEwjowtO08oPdAhXFvO0KHQ
EV Drivers on 20:27 - Aug 23 with 5626 viewslifelong

Misunderstood the 20% bit, it takes 60 minutes to charge from 20 to 80%.
EV Drivers on 20:46 - Aug 23 with 5577 viewsItchySphincter

Is it a hybrid?

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

EV Drivers on 20:54 - Aug 23 with 5556 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

EV Drivers on 20:46 - Aug 23 by ItchySphincter

Is it a hybrid?

No fully electric.
EV Drivers on 20:55 - Aug 23 with 5555 viewsLord_Bony

EV Drivers on 19:13 - Aug 23 by Cooperman

Massive changes will occur over the next few years - the demise of the diesel engine and the evolvement of battery technology is gathering pace. The governments of the world are helping to push this along via inner city clean zones and some of the big automotive conglomerates are in full support. Some auto manufacturers are going through M&A purely so that battery tech and power electronics can be secured.

Looks like the manufacture of diesel and petrol cars will stop by 2040.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/25/new-diesel-petrol-cars-banned-uk-roa

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

EV Drivers on 21:24 - Aug 23 with 5512 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

EV Drivers on 20:14 - Aug 23 by Jackfath

Is it quiet?

Very much so. It gives out a high pitch whizz type sound to worn pedestrians of your presence but even that isn't loud at all.

Inside it's just the sound of the tyres on the road. It's bliss.
(No subject) (n/t) on 21:27 - Aug 23 with 5508 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

EV Drivers on 20:14 - Aug 23 by Jackfath

Is it quiet?

EV Drivers on 21:36 - Aug 23 with 5491 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

EV Drivers on 20:27 - Aug 23 by lifelong

Misunderstood the 20% bit, it takes 60 minutes to charge from 20 to 80%.

That sounds about right for the newer 40kwh batter Nissan Leaf.

That vehicle was out of my budget so I haven't spend a great deal of time studying it.
EV Drivers on 21:45 - Aug 23 with 5478 viewsBrynCartwright

My next car is going to be an EV. The Fully Charged You Tube channel with Robert Llewelyn (Red Dwarf) and the excellent Jonny Smith is great. Lots of stuff about EV's but also renewable energy generation and management.

Ideal EV car:- Jag I pace.

Poll: Artificial Crowd Noise for Premier League and Champiionship Games is...

EV Drivers on 22:00 - Aug 23 with 5458 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

Jag I Pace looks lovely.

Bobby Llew is very passionate about his EV's and anything involved with renewable energy. He's currently driving one of the original 24kwh Nissan Leafs and loves it.

James and Kate produce good you-tube vids of EV's which are definitely worth a watch for anyone interested in EV's.

I'll be doing everything I can to own a Tesla in the future.
EV Drivers on 22:04 - Aug 23 with 5448 viewsPacemaker

EV Drivers on 20:10 - Aug 23 by SingUpNorthBank84

Majority of my driving is A roads, but when I've been on dual carriageway/motorway I've been over 90mph comfortably.

I tend to drive with eco mode on which restricts things but saves the battery. But when I've needed to open up to overtake etc I flick the eco button off and it flies.

If you drive M4 eastbound in a dark red Leaf then I have passed you at Pyle a few times.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

EV Drivers on 22:09 - Aug 23 with 5444 viewsSingUpNorthBank84

EV Drivers on 22:04 - Aug 23 by Pacemaker

If you drive M4 eastbound in a dark red Leaf then I have passed you at Pyle a few times.

Not me mate, I'm up in Ceredigion.
EV Drivers on 22:17 - Aug 23 with 5430 viewsbuilthjack

Why don't they put dynamos on each wheel to recharge batteries. They would run for longer. Or is that too simple?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024