Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Dubai, Medication 21:29 - Oct 5 with 5103 viewsN_T_J

Dubai, anyone know if you can take Amitriptyline in to their country without hassle, Im going tomorrow and really did not think about asking my Dr. I have them for nerve pain, if it can cause problems I will just not take them for a week.

[Post edited 5 Oct 2018 21:30]
Dubai, Medication on 19:32 - Oct 7 with 1109 viewsWxmJax

Dubai, Medication on 15:30 - Oct 7 by monmouth

Ok, decided. Dubai it is, probably first week in Jan. Any views on which broad area I should look at to stay? Someone said Palm is too far out? And what are the ‘must sees’ and ‘must do’s’ in 5 or 6 days there?

Any help gratefully received

I'd check the holiday weather if I was you before booking.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Dubai, Medication on 19:49 - Oct 7 with 1093 viewspeenemunde

Dubai, Medication on 15:30 - Oct 7 by monmouth

Ok, decided. Dubai it is, probably first week in Jan. Any views on which broad area I should look at to stay? Someone said Palm is too far out? And what are the ‘must sees’ and ‘must do’s’ in 5 or 6 days there?

Any help gratefully received

Stay on the Palm, i guarantee you won’t be disappointed. The Palm is stunning.
From the Palm it’s about 20 mins drive ( most hotels put on free minibuses) to the Dubai Mall the biggest Mall in the world and that’s where the Burj Khalifa is. Take a trip into the Burj Khalifa the worlds tallest building, you can go up to level 145 ( I think it is ) but that’s expensive, a cheaper option is 124 & 125 levels - the view is awesome.

A boat trip out of the harbour and around the bay out towards Atlantis is another brilliant trip and fairy cheap.

A desert safari too is something I’ve done and really enjoyed.
Dubai, Medication on 19:51 - Oct 7 with 1085 viewspeenemunde

Dubai, Medication on 19:32 - Oct 7 by WxmJax

I'd check the holiday weather if I was you before booking.

Dubai has only two weather patterns- warm and very warm.
January 25-30 degrees.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2018 6:44]
Dubai, Medication on 19:51 - Oct 7 with 1086 viewsJackfath

Dubai, Medication on 19:49 - Oct 7 by peenemunde

Stay on the Palm, i guarantee you won’t be disappointed. The Palm is stunning.
From the Palm it’s about 20 mins drive ( most hotels put on free minibuses) to the Dubai Mall the biggest Mall in the world and that’s where the Burj Khalifa is. Take a trip into the Burj Khalifa the worlds tallest building, you can go up to level 145 ( I think it is ) but that’s expensive, a cheaper option is 124 & 125 levels - the view is awesome.

A boat trip out of the harbour and around the bay out towards Atlantis is another brilliant trip and fairy cheap.

A desert safari too is something I’ve done and really enjoyed.

Best hotel there?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.
Poll: Should Darran's ban be lifted?

Dubai, Medication on 19:57 - Oct 7 with 1075 viewspeenemunde

Dubai, Medication on 19:51 - Oct 7 by Jackfath

Best hotel there?

Without doubt Burj al Arab & Atlantis, but to be fair every hotel on the Palm is stunning and some reasonably priced.
Dubai, Medication on 20:09 - Oct 7 with 1067 viewsJackfath

Dubai, Medication on 19:57 - Oct 7 by peenemunde

Without doubt Burj al Arab & Atlantis, but to be fair every hotel on the Palm is stunning and some reasonably priced.

Just looked at the prices of the burj al arab. I think I'll skip that one. What's the more reasonable ones?

POSTER OF THE YEAR 2013. PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE SECOND PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD.

Dubai, Medication on 20:13 - Oct 7 with 1059 viewspeenemunde

Dubai, Medication on 20:09 - Oct 7 by Jackfath

Just looked at the prices of the burj al arab. I think I'll skip that one. What's the more reasonable ones?

Going between November and March is more expensive.
Better off going between April- October as it’s cheaper, but much warmer.
Shop around especially for last minute deals.
Dubai, Medication on 20:17 - Oct 7 with 1053 viewsJackfath

Dubai, Medication on 20:13 - Oct 7 by peenemunde

Going between November and March is more expensive.
Better off going between April- October as it’s cheaper, but much warmer.
Shop around especially for last minute deals.

Thanks, Cliff Michelmore.

Login to get fewer ads

Dubai, Medication on 20:36 - Oct 7 with 1030 viewsFlashberryjack

Dubai, Medication on 23:36 - Oct 5 by N_T_J

As it goes we go to the Caribbean every december go for 2 weeks and come back a few days before xmas, we have booked 2 weeks in Jamaica for this december, for only £750 all inclusive, if you look first week of december you usally get really good prices, and we usally go in May first week or so in may are usally good prices.

Look on Holiday Hypermarket, and alter airports and days to fly on. Prices change everyday on there so its worth keeping a eye on there.

What's the Caribbean weather like in May, thinking of going next May.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Dubai, Medication on 21:41 - Oct 7 with 1013 viewsPacemaker

Went there with work in June it was unbelievably hot, it was not my cup of tea. The old Souk part of town was good but the rest of it just a big shopping mall and internationsl shops cafes and restaurants. Just don't see the attraction there,

I would much rather go to the Southern Hemisphere at Xmas. Cape Town, SA or anywhere in NZ. I have also been to Barbados which was brilliant in winter.

Life is an adventure or nothing at all.

Dubai, Medication on 22:43 - Oct 7 with 989 viewsItchySphincter

Go to Barbados, lovely.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Dubai, Medication on 06:50 - Oct 8 with 949 viewspeenemunde

Dubai, Medication on 21:41 - Oct 7 by Pacemaker

Went there with work in June it was unbelievably hot, it was not my cup of tea. The old Souk part of town was good but the rest of it just a big shopping mall and internationsl shops cafes and restaurants. Just don't see the attraction there,

I would much rather go to the Southern Hemisphere at Xmas. Cape Town, SA or anywhere in NZ. I have also been to Barbados which was brilliant in winter.

You must be brave to go to South Africa.
Most sensible people want to get out of the place.
Dubai, Medication on 08:59 - Oct 8 with 940 viewsmonmouth

Dubai, Medication on 22:43 - Oct 7 by ItchySphincter

Go to Barbados, lovely.

Only have 5 or 6 days

Also done Barbados, St Lucia, Grenadines, Mauritius, Bali, Thailand and Malaysia when younger, so looking for something different and shorter flights. Also wife's friend just came back absolutely raving about Dubai, so, my birthday or not, the choice is probably made.

Thanks all and Peen. V helpful.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Dubai, Medication on 13:36 - Oct 8 with 910 viewsItchySphincter

Dubai, Medication on 08:59 - Oct 8 by monmouth

Only have 5 or 6 days

Also done Barbados, St Lucia, Grenadines, Mauritius, Bali, Thailand and Malaysia when younger, so looking for something different and shorter flights. Also wife's friend just came back absolutely raving about Dubai, so, my birthday or not, the choice is probably made.

Thanks all and Peen. V helpful.

I hope you enjoy it. I didn’t have a bad time there but it’s a place full of contradictions.

A strict Muslim country but when the lights go out and the dishdash comes off it’s one of the seediest places I’ve ever been, and I’ve been to a few.

Fake society built on sand, literally and figuratively.

Dubai, Medication on 15:49 - Oct 8 with 885 viewsWxmJax

Dubai, Medication on 19:51 - Oct 7 by peenemunde

Dubai has only two weather patterns- warm and very warm.
January 25-30 degrees.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2018 6:44]

And yet everyone else, even the travel companies, says 20°-25°c maximum. Not knocking it, but not exaggerating it either.

Poll: England, General Election: How are you going to vote ?

Dubai, Medication on 16:16 - Oct 8 with 877 viewspeenemunde

Dubai, Medication on 15:49 - Oct 8 by WxmJax

And yet everyone else, even the travel companies, says 20°-25°c maximum. Not knocking it, but not exaggerating it either.

My estimate of 25-30 was just that an estimate. To say 25 is max in January though is wrong.
Dubai, Medication on 16:21 - Oct 8 with 876 viewspeenemunde

Dubai, Medication on 13:36 - Oct 8 by ItchySphincter

I hope you enjoy it. I didn’t have a bad time there but it’s a place full of contradictions.

A strict Muslim country but when the lights go out and the dishdash comes off it’s one of the seediest places I’ve ever been, and I’ve been to a few.

Fake society built on sand, literally and figuratively.

It’s not a contradiction at all. The authorities in Dubai want as many overseas visitors as possible.
Therefore certain rules are relaxed for the holiday makers.

In what way was it seedy
Dubai, Medication on 19:49 - Oct 8 with 855 viewsItchySphincter

Dubai, Medication on 16:21 - Oct 8 by peenemunde

It’s not a contradiction at all. The authorities in Dubai want as many overseas visitors as possible.
Therefore certain rules are relaxed for the holiday makers.

In what way was it seedy

Rules are relaxed for local men as well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024