Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt 21:30 - Oct 7 with 4328 views_

Their 3rd goal is why it wasn't the right call to make the change.

Potter will know this is a mistake on his part but if he favours Nordvelt we've got to trust his judgement.

Please don't just get on his back, why would any Swans fan want to do that?

I heard groans at Naughton because of one misplaced pass when otherwise he was superb again.

The football is a pleasure to watch, why can't we all enjoy the mini revolution unfolding in front of our eyes. I do think we were a little complacent yesterday though and scoring the early goal reinforced that feeling for the players.

We went all out second half but we were always chasing the game and never properly in control of the situation.

They were pretty decent if you ask me, certainly the most clinical team down there this season. I think they can pick up the odd result against what hopefully will be our rivals further up the league.

The progress continues, just a gutting result. We can win in Villa though.

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:35 - Oct 7 with 3617 viewsFlashberryjack

OK, let us know when we are allowed to give an opinion that differs from yours.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:39 - Oct 7 with 3596 viewsDarran

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:35 - Oct 7 by Flashberryjack

E20 hasn’t mentioned this but he’s going to agree.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:41 - Oct 7 with 3582 views_

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:35 - Oct 7 by Flashberryjack

When you've got an opinion worth sharing and has some interest to reading it? Instead of the piss stained old dribble you normally knock out

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:45 - Oct 7 with 3558 views_

There's just no chance of having a football chat on here though is it.

Darran once again starts vvanking as soon as he sees me post. The creep is obsessed, think I need the old bill in on this one.

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:46 - Oct 7 with 3554 viewsKrisP

Yeah he's better with the ball but he's a terrible goalkeeper in terms of shot stopping and crosses. Might as well stick an outfield player in there if we favour distribution over keeping the ball out. It would literally have made no difference yesterday because I'm not sure Nordvelt used his hands more than once.
Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:47 - Oct 7 with 3550 viewsDarran

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:45 - Oct 7 by _

There's just no chance of having a football chat on here though is it.

Darran once again starts vvanking as soon as he sees me post. The creep is obsessed, think I need the old bill in on this one.

Yep phone the rozzers.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:47 - Oct 7 with 3551 viewsNeathJack

Naughton was massively at fault for the first goal firstly completely missing the ball after the Ipswich player had missed his header, and then failing to properly track the goalscorer into the box and letting him drift off behind him.

I wouldn't call that superb personally but each to their own.
Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:51 - Oct 7 with 3532 views_

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:46 - Oct 7 by KrisP

Yeah he's better with the ball but he's a terrible goalkeeper in terms of shot stopping and crosses. Might as well stick an outfield player in there if we favour distribution over keeping the ball out. It would literally have made no difference yesterday because I'm not sure Nordvelt used his hands more than once.

Truly though we haven't seen enough for him to judge his shot stopping. You maybe right though

All I'm saying is why I think he wants Nordvelt. Not that I agree with it.

Login to get fewer ads

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:56 - Oct 7 with 3508 viewsKrisP

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:51 - Oct 7 by _

Truly though we haven't seen enough for him to judge his shot stopping. You maybe right though

All I'm saying is why I think he wants Nordvelt. Not that I agree with it.

Yeah I agree that's why he's in there. Also don't agree with it.

I've seen enough for my liking. And I've certainly seen him avoid enough crosses.
Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:07 - Oct 7 with 3468 viewslifelong

I agree that we became complacent, in the first 25 minutes we seemed to think it was going to be an easy victory. Difficult to take that defeat after dominating the game for long periods.
Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:07 - Oct 7 with 3470 views_

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:47 - Oct 7 by NeathJack

Naughton was massively at fault for the first goal firstly completely missing the ball after the Ipswich player had missed his header, and then failing to properly track the goalscorer into the box and letting him drift off behind him.

WTF???

I know you haven't kicked a ball in your life but even that load of tosh shocked me.

For one, the ball was nicked past Naughton so he couldn't have done much with the long ball over the top.

And secondly, it was RODON"S mistake you idiot. Naughton couldn't afford to just track Edwards as he would have left the bye line exposed had the their guy gone past VdH, who let's face it is not the quickest.

Have a look at it, Rodon knows exactly what he's done. He had no one around him and had the full view of Edwards in front of him. Edwards was behind Naughton.

I am fed up of sitting you on your arse. Give up.

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:08 - Oct 7 with 3465 views_

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:47 - Oct 7 by NeathJack

https://www.skysports.com/watch/video/sports/football/competitions/championship/

Watch and learn you silly fool.

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:10 - Oct 7 with 3454 views_

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:07 - Oct 7 by lifelong

I agree that we became complacent, in the first 25 minutes we seemed to think it was going to be an easy victory. Difficult to take that defeat after dominating the game for long periods.

That's what I saw as well Rog, we didn't have the game under control and they thought it would be another romp.

They will learn not to take any situation lightly until we're out of sight, Massive lesson yesterday.

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:18 - Oct 7 with 3421 viewsPozuelosSideys

He doesnt favour Nordfeldt.

Im sure Potter is aware that Mulder is the better keeper. But i reckon its more likely an attempt at positive reinforcement within the team. Nordfeldt did well against Wigan and got us a point and starting yesterday was his reward. Keep everyone included and ticking over.

Didnt do enough for me. Mulder pls

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:23 - Oct 7 with 3400 views_

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:18 - Oct 7 by PozuelosSideys

Im sure Potter is aware that Mulder is the better keeper. But i reckon its more likely an attempt at positive reinforcement within the team. Nordfeldt did well against Wigan and got us a point and starting yesterday was his reward. Keep everyone included and ticking over.

Totally and respectfully disagree with this

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:29 - Oct 7 with 3374 views_

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:18 - Oct 7 by PozuelosSideys

Also, watch Griggs chance again against Wigan. It was a good save, well, because he managed to get a foot on it and it didn't go in, but watch how much of the goal he showed him. He got his angles wrong then but did really well to get away with it.

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:31 - Oct 7 with 3365 viewsItchySphincter

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:07 - Oct 7 by _

WTF???

I know you haven't kicked a ball in your life but even that load of tosh shocked me.

For one, the ball was nicked past Naughton so he couldn't have done much with the long ball over the top.

And secondly, it was RODON"S mistake you idiot. Naughton couldn't afford to just track Edwards as he would have left the bye line exposed had the their guy gone past VdH, who let's face it is not the quickest.

Have a look at it, Rodon knows exactly what he's done. He had no one around him and had the full view of Edwards in front of him. Edwards was behind Naughton.

I haven't seen the replay but their first goal was crossed in from in front of me - definitely looked like Naughton screwed up to me when instead of controlling the ball he stuck a foot out and completely missed the ball. He basically took his eye of what should have been an easy touch. Shit happens.

*edit to add, other than that Naughton had another decent game.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2018 8:28]

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 23:25 - Oct 7 with 3293 views_

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:31 - Oct 7 by ItchySphincter

I haven't seen the replay but their first goal was crossed in from in front of me - definitely looked like Naughton screwed up to me when instead of controlling the ball he stuck a foot out and completely missed the ball. He basically took his eye of what should have been an easy touch. Shit happens.

*edit to add, other than that Naughton had another decent game.
[Post edited 8 Oct 2018 8:28]

The long ball over the top happened in front of me and their guy got a nick on it to take it away from Naughton.

There was literally nothing he could do after that deflection.

Watch it in the video i just posted.

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 23:29 - Oct 7 with 3290 viewsPozuelosSideys

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:29 - Oct 7 by _

Also, watch Griggs chance again against Wigan. It was a good save, well, because he managed to get a foot on it and it didn't go in, but watch how much of the goal he showed him. He got his angles wrong then but did really well to get away with it.

Mate, i think Nordfeldt is a distant second choice for me. All im saying is that Potter likes to rotate his players. Why should the keepers be any different?

May turn out he does favour the swedish bloke, if he does that tho we may be shipping lots of goals. His distribution wont make up for that

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 23:33 - Oct 7 with 3283 viewsBrynmill_Jack

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 23:25 - Oct 7 by _

The long ball over the top happened in front of me and their guy got a nick on it to take it away from Naughton.

So VDH get's away with allowing the cross to get to Edwards (which he should have blocked) scot free? Lazy as f*ck

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 23:56 - Oct 7 with 3257 views_

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 23:29 - Oct 7 by PozuelosSideys

Mate, i think Nordfeldt is a distant second choice for me. All im saying is that Potter likes to rotate his players. Why should the keepers be any different?

May turn out he does favour the swedish bloke, if he does that tho we may be shipping lots of goals. His distribution wont make up for that

Only reason I say that is because he basically found an excuse to play him again, when nobody would have expected him to come back in.

He was also the first choice when we started the season.

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 00:00 - Oct 8 with 3253 views_

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 23:33 - Oct 7 by Brynmill_Jack

So VDH get's away with allowing the cross to get to Edwards (which he should have blocked) scot free? Lazy as f*ck

What? VdH lazy? I think that's a bit harsh.

Also, he got pulled out to right back position which would have been an un-natural place for him. I wouldn't put the blame with VdH at all for the first goal.

Rodon was the one who could see it all in front of him, he knew there was nobody else near so he should have tracked Gwion but he left it for a split second and that's all it took.

I'm not singling out Rodon here, I think he was arguably our best player against Ipswich, but the first goal was mostly his error of judgment.

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 00:10 - Oct 8 with 3245 viewsLoyal

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 21:41 - Oct 7 by _

When you've got an opinion worth sharing and has some interest to reading it? Instead of the piss stained old dribble you normally knock out

Hey careful, I've been knocking out piss stained drivel for years, the over 60's love it and it makes me feel wanted.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 08:35 - Oct 8 with 3050 viewsItchySphincter

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 23:25 - Oct 7 by _

I have since, there is a chance that a faint touch took it off Naughton.

Anyway, it's about time Naughton is given the credit he's due this season. He's been a good soldier and even after the disappointment of the defeat on the weekend it's hard to criticise any of the players this season.

Re Nordvelt, I would like to see his decision making in possession improve a little bit. We all know how we'd like to see the Swans play, but he doesn't always need to pass it into feet when we're being closed down as all it does is allow the opposition to press higher at which point he ends up punting into midfield and conceding possession. I don't want to see him hump it up the pitch at every opportunity but sometimes he just has to put his foot through it.

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 08:44 - Oct 8 with 3033 viewsNeathJack

Our 2nd goal was why Potter favours Nordvelt on 22:07 - Oct 7 by _

WTF???

Like I said, each to their own.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024