Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
James / Montero 19:09 - Dec 26 with 2468 viewsTNT

James gets no support, yet Montero has huge vocal support before he even gets on the pitch?

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

James / Montero on 08:57 - Dec 28 with 567 viewsLeonWasGod

James / Montero on 20:20 - Dec 26 by jasper_T

There was one time he got the ball with two in front of him and he checked back and no fcker was offering for him. He looked desperate to play a pass inside but they'd all gone into the box or were standing watching, expecting him to work his magic.

So he ended up kicking it out for a goal kick.

The decision to go to a Celina-Grimes midfield duo in an old-fashioned 4-4-2 was puzzling.

Quite. Give it to Jeff and watch has been standard for a while now. If they're doubling up on him we should exploit that extra space.
James / Montero on 13:01 - Dec 28 with 517 viewsjackrmee

James / Montero on 02:43 - Dec 28 by Taliesin

At the moment Dan is very much work in progress.

He's 21 and has been handed his big chance, a chance he's taken with both hands. A season's experience will se his game improve massively and if he keeps grounded, is willing to learn then there is no reason he cannot be a top player

You will need to have a little patience however

Exactly. people calling him a one trick pony when he's just a kid.
Raw talent. People have to learn new tricks.

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

James / Montero on 16:15 - Dec 28 with 481 viewsCaptain_Sham

James / Montero on 13:01 - Dec 28 by jackrmee

Exactly. people calling him a one trick pony when he's just a kid.
Raw talent. People have to learn new tricks.

Just a kid? Raw talent? Lol?

Its just a ride.

James / Montero on 16:30 - Dec 28 with 473 viewsBadlands

Then he isn't ready for full time first team action.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

James / Montero on 16:48 - Dec 28 with 473 viewsjackrmee

James / Montero on 16:15 - Dec 28 by Captain_Sham

Just a kid? Raw talent? Lol?

Yes, exactly that. He's going to be an extremely good player. He's only just breaking into the first team ffs

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

James / Montero on 04:22 - Dec 29 with 440 viewsBrynmill_Jack

James / Montero on 16:48 - Dec 28 by jackrmee

Yes, exactly that. He's going to be an extremely good player. He's only just breaking into the first team ffs

He's got tremendous pace but I get where Sham is coming from. Will he ever develop his end product, is it possible through coaching or maturity to achieve this or does one have to be "a natural"? That I guess is the million pound question .

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

James / Montero on 05:57 - Dec 29 with 434 viewsbuilthjack

James / Montero on 04:22 - Dec 29 by Brynmill_Jack

He's got tremendous pace but I get where Sham is coming from. Will he ever develop his end product, is it possible through coaching or maturity to achieve this or does one have to be "a natural"? That I guess is the million pound question .

I would think that Potter and his team will help him along the way.
I hope he listens. Don't want him being another Barrow.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

James / Montero on 06:38 - Dec 29 with 428 viewsjack247

James / Montero on 16:06 - Dec 27 by jasper_T

Pace is the big asset but there are players quicker off the mark that don't find themselves in nearly as much space as often as Dan does. And while he doesn't have any stepovers or start-stop savagery of peak Montero he's got the good sense to come back and recycle play if it's not on, and will make second movements off the ball which has been missing from all our wingers since Dyer and Routledge were regulars.

His crossing was decent as well yesterday. The McBurnie chance is a yard behind being ideal but it's not like he put it out for a goal kick like most of Bolassie's, and he set up a chance for Celina with a high ball to the back post that Connor nodded back across. A few other times he got up in space with only Oli in the box against 3 defenders, so put it in a good area and forced them to defend. Their keeper nearly spilled on onto Fulton's foot, we got at least one corner out of it.

Had a quiet game by his standards. He and Celina need to be closer together, their best games have come playing side by side.

Totally. People saying he is just pace are way off the mark. His off ball runs and timing are superb. It’s why he is through or one on one with a fullback a lot more often than anyone else.

Also agree about Celina. I’ve said a few times on here that they’ve forged a great understanding and that I expected him back in the team as soon as James was fit. Have to admit I expected him to be loading the bullets rather than on the opposite side of a front three though.

Re. The OP - I think he is already one of our most popular players. He just doesn’t have a catchy song. Montero is always going to get his name sung and a big welcome at 0-0 after an hour, because he can be a game changer. If that substitution was the other way around, James would have had a great reception too.
Login to get fewer ads

James / Montero on 11:08 - Dec 29 with 387 viewsTNT

James / Montero on 06:38 - Dec 29 by jack247

Totally. People saying he is just pace are way off the mark. His off ball runs and timing are superb. It’s why he is through or one on one with a fullback a lot more often than anyone else.

Also agree about Celina. I’ve said a few times on here that they’ve forged a great understanding and that I expected him back in the team as soon as James was fit. Have to admit I expected him to be loading the bullets rather than on the opposite side of a front three though.

Re. The OP - I think he is already one of our most popular players. He just doesn’t have a catchy song. Montero is always going to get his name sung and a big welcome at 0-0 after an hour, because he can be a game changer. If that substitution was the other way around, James would have had a great reception too.

Super, super Dan... 😉

Poll: Would you make goalposts bigger?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024