Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? 17:04 - Jan 12 with 19477 views_

And how many points have we just THROWN away this season, especially away?!

I watched that Leeds game last night and the desire, urgency and commitment of their players is immense.

You look at the way we play with the over emphasis on patience and we are just allowing teams to stay in games and get lucky from dodgy penalties or whatever.

They had a boy sent off on 81 and Potter makes a change - why he was making that change at eighty facking one minutes I don't know - doesn't he want to win games FFS?

But why not make the double sub at that point. They were shit with 11 - they were pathetic with 10 so why wait until 89 minutes before showing some facking balls??!

And the way the whole team played for the last 5 minutes was pathetic with a special pathetic mention for Celina for shooting from 35 yards and giving the ball away.

I am concerned about how passive Potter is. He needs a good shaking or a kick up the ass.
[Post edited 12 Jan 2019 17:06]

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is Potter a bit of a pussy on 20:32 - Jan 13 with 986 viewslondonlisa2001

Is Potter a bit of a pussy on 20:32 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

I never knew the trust existed in 1963.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy on 20:34 - Jan 13 with 981 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is Potter a bit of a pussy on 20:32 - Jan 13 by Flashberryjack

I never knew the trust existed in 1963.

Lisa turned 18 that year.

Poll: Tory leader

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:40 - Jan 13 with 962 viewsGaryjack

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:18 - Jan 13 by exiledclaseboy

Ironically given this thread, neither chair nor vice chair will be at tomorrow’s meeting.

Sorry, but i nearly spat my bow out then. In the interest of balance here you have to say that Chris does have a point when the chairman has only attended 1 of the last 4 meetings! Not having a go at anyone like, but i'm not into rounding on people because of who they are! Phil, you know me and i've backed you all the way, but why did you come back as chairman when you are unable to fulfill your commitments? Honestly. I'm a big fan of the trust, yes i'm a member. But quite frankly this doesn't look good does it?
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:47 - Jan 13 with 932 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:40 - Jan 13 by Garyjack

Sorry, but i nearly spat my bow out then. In the interest of balance here you have to say that Chris does have a point when the chairman has only attended 1 of the last 4 meetings! Not having a go at anyone like, but i'm not into rounding on people because of who they are! Phil, you know me and i've backed you all the way, but why did you come back as chairman when you are unable to fulfill your commitments? Honestly. I'm a big fan of the trust, yes i'm a member. But quite frankly this doesn't look good does it?

Phil’s Been at three of the five meetings since he returned. August, September and December.

What I will say is that it’s unfair to say that someone (whether it’s Phil or any other board member) isn’t fulfilling their commitments if they can’t attend every meeting. The vast majority of the Trust’s work is done outside of the monthly meetings. Whether that’s on the shareholding, comms, schools/community initiatives and the disability stuff.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy on 20:48 - Jan 13 with 921 viewsFlashberryjack

Is Potter a bit of a pussy on 20:32 - Jan 13 by londonlisa2001

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:50 - Jan 13 with 911 views_

There's that and there's the other big elephant in the room in why he was so desperate to go back at all.

He's mugged me off completely and it's pretty much all down to the way he runs this site. No sooner does the light shine back on the Trust and the usual suspects on this site pour out in its defence.

When Jasper was talking earlier about this site's affiliation to the Trust, this is that in full swing.

Phil Sumbler should be nowhere near the Trust, no one with access to the buttons on a forum should.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:51 - Jan 13 with 902 views_

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:47 - Jan 13 by exiledclaseboy

Phil’s Been at three of the five meetings since he returned. August, September and December.

What I will say is that it’s unfair to say that someone (whether it’s Phil or any other board member) isn’t fulfilling their commitments if they can’t attend every meeting. The vast majority of the Trust’s work is done outside of the monthly meetings. Whether that’s on the shareholding, comms, schools/community initiatives and the disability stuff.

We'll just have to take your word on that then I suppose. You could be lying to us.

The Trust lied to everyone about Cooze. It's got form.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:52 - Jan 13 with 897 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:51 - Jan 13 by _

We'll just have to take your word on that then I suppose. You could be lying to us.

The Trust lied to everyone about Cooze. It's got form.

I could be lying to you, but I’m not. But like you said, you’ll have to take my word for it. Your call, I’m not bothered either way.

Login to get fewer ads

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:52 - Jan 13 with 892 viewsDarran

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:16 - Jan 13 by Uxbridge

I was watching a TV programme last week where that word was mentioned. I'm guessing there. I'm also mortified I may watch the same programmes as Darren....

I don’t watch Play School,Sonny.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:55 - Jan 13 with 883 viewsUxbridge

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:52 - Jan 13 by Darran

I don’t watch Play School,Sonny.

Clearly not, with your grammar

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:55 - Jan 13 with 878 viewsUxbridge

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:52 - Jan 13 by exiledclaseboy

I could be lying to you, but I’m not. But like you said, you’ll have to take my word for it. Your call, I’m not bothered either way.

Tis the truth.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:55 - Jan 13 with 878 views_

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 23:14 - Jan 12 by exiledclaseboy

I hear tell that our chairman isn’t particularly happy with Potter either. That figures reading this thread. Adds up.

Seeing as you're dutifully defending your chum and you've got a minute, can you explain what exactly you meant by this comment?

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:56 - Jan 13 with 872 views_

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:52 - Jan 13 by exiledclaseboy

That should be the new Trust mantra...

We can't be bothered.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:57 - Jan 13 with 866 viewsPhil_S

Thats a simple one because when I was voted back on I had no view of the line of fire that was to deal me a hand that most of October and November had to be spent in Glasgow conducting a detailed consultation period that saw 27 people lose their jobs three days after Christmas.

Around all that time though at no point was there a neglect of duties which is what is insinuated (not by you) and every part of the role (bar attendance at a monthly meeting which is really just a summary of what everyone has done during the month) was fulfilled. Indeed, one of the first things I implemented on the return was that update reports be submitted in advance so people unable to attend could still partake with a clear viewpoint of what was being discussed

So frankly it looks like what people want it to look like but nothing was neglected.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:57 - Jan 13 with 863 views_

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:55 - Jan 13 by Uxbridge

Tis the truth.

Only on Phil Sumbler's Planet Swans will you get attacked for questioning the Trust.

Always been the case. Always will.

Get Phil out

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:58 - Jan 13 with 856 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:56 - Jan 13 by _

That should be the new Trust mantra...

We can't be bothered.

No. What I said was that I’m not bothered whether you believe what I wrote or not. Because I’m not. Bothered that is.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:58 - Jan 13 with 851 viewslonglostjack

It’s a bit odd that one minute the Trust is vilified for being too passive but as soon as there appears to be movement in the direction of legal action Trust board members are condemned for lack of commitment and not attending meetings 🤔.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:59 - Jan 13 with 841 views_

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:55 - Jan 13 by Uxbridge

Tis the truth.

Tis also the truth that he's missing the next one so that's HALF of the meetings he's missed since he's back.

Pretty pathetic really..... But the excuses keep rolling in.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:59 - Jan 13 with 835 viewsDarran

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:58 - Jan 13 by longlostjack

It’s a bit odd that one minute the Trust is vilified for being too passive but as soon as there appears to be movement in the direction of legal action Trust board members are condemned for lack of commitment and not attending meetings 🤔.

It’s called having an agenda.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 21:01 - Jan 13 with 831 viewsGaryjack

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:47 - Jan 13 by exiledclaseboy

Sorry mate, with the greatest of respect, nobody gives two hoots about community stuff at the moment. We were mostly of the understanding on here that Phil returned as chairman, to right the wrongs of the past, yet he has now attended half of the trust board meetings since, seeing as he is now missing this months meeting as well? I'm sure i speak for a lot more people who quite frankly were expecting a lot better this time around.
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 21:01 - Jan 13 with 831 viewsUxbridge

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:57 - Jan 13 by _

Only on Phil Sumbler's Planet Swans will you get attacked for questioning the Trust.

Always been the case. Always will.

Get Phil out

Tis the nature of the Internet these days, and football forums in general, that people get attacked for all sorts. Happens on those FB groups all the time. PS isn't special in that regard, and Monny was closer to the mark with how this site usually rolls if you ask me.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 21:07 - Jan 13 with 800 viewsexiledclaseboy

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 21:01 - Jan 13 by Garyjack

Sorry mate, with the greatest of respect, nobody gives two hoots about community stuff at the moment. We were mostly of the understanding on here that Phil returned as chairman, to right the wrongs of the past, yet he has now attended half of the trust board meetings since, seeing as he is now missing this months meeting as well? I'm sure i speak for a lot more people who quite frankly were expecting a lot better this time around.

But as I said, most of the work around the shareholding/legal aspects is done outside of the monthly board meetings, as it is with all the other stuff I mentioned. Just last week a number of us had a conference call on that subject that ran for a couple of hours. There’s also the liaison with legal advisers etc that’s done in spare time and takes up a lot of time. I’m not complaining by the way, I’m just trying to illustrate how this works.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 21:08 - Jan 13 with 789 viewsUxbridge

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:59 - Jan 13 by _

Tis also the truth that he's missing the next one so that's HALF of the meetings he's missed since he's back.

Pretty pathetic really..... But the excuses keep rolling in.

We're all unpaid volunteers, most with other jobs. Sometimes commitments take us away at a specific time of the month. As Clasey outlined, the formal meeting is just one specific moment though, there are plenty of other actions and discussions occurring during the month.

I missed a couple at the start of 2018 as my work took me overseas. Phil is in the same boat with Glasgow recently. Same goes for others at various other times. Doesn't stop the affected people making sure their views are known, or any actions happening in the meantime between meetings though.

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 21:11 - Jan 13 with 775 viewsPhil_S

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 21:01 - Jan 13 by Garyjack

As Cudey has said (and I confirmed) the bulk of the work is done outside of the monthly meetings so attendance there is the biggest red herring you can have.

I could give you a time sheet that I suspect would run into 10+ hours pretty much every week through reading and understanding the legal documents, discussing the strategies/moves with the sub group on ownership and that is outside of the meetings attended as a direct result of that both on matchdays and during work hours.

And a good few hours today as well on various things.

This post has been edited by an administrator
Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 21:21 - Jan 13 with 709 viewsGaryjack

Is Potter a bit of a pussy? on 20:57 - Jan 13 by Phil_S

Thats a simple one because when I was voted back on I had no view of the line of fire that was to deal me a hand that most of October and November had to be spent in Glasgow conducting a detailed consultation period that saw 27 people lose their jobs three days after Christmas.

Around all that time though at no point was there a neglect of duties which is what is insinuated (not by you) and every part of the role (bar attendance at a monthly meeting which is really just a summary of what everyone has done during the month) was fulfilled. Indeed, one of the first things I implemented on the return was that update reports be submitted in advance so people unable to attend could still partake with a clear viewpoint of what was being discussed

So frankly it looks like what people want it to look like but nothing was neglected.

Phil, I'm just making a point of order. There are many of us here (and not on here) who have been waiting for some serious action since you came back, and the injection of new blood, but when we see that you have only attended half the board meetings since you came back is very concerning for those on the outside looking in, but not many speak up, when they do, they are rounded upon, and that's not on mate i'm sorry.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024