Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! 22:23 - Jan 21 with 18780 viewsItchySphincter

Buckle up folks!

‘……. like a moth to Itchy’s flame ……’
Poll: Planet Swans or Planet Swans? Which one's you favourite.

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 09:11 - Jan 22 with 1624 viewsfelixstowe_jack

If the remainers win by a million or so votes can we have a third referendum?

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 09:12 - Jan 22 with 1623 viewsAnotherJohn

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 09:01 - Jan 22 by WarwickHunt

Ironic that the Greeks should fûck themselves up the arse. I wonder if they have a word for it?

Well two words perhaps. I think the medical term is 'penile fracture'.
BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 09:13 - Jan 22 with 1617 viewsWarwickHunt

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 09:05 - Jan 22 by AnotherJohn

That is a remarkably lazy response that completely ignores the question I asked. I said in terms that we all know that the EU referendum Act lacked the specific provision that would have been needed to make it legally binding. What I asked someone to provide was a reference to a passage in the parliamentary debates that mentioned the advisory nature of the referendum. My point in other words was that the decision was not presented as advisory, even though the referendum did not bind Parliament in law.

I could provide a long string of quotes if you like from the debates where Hammond, Vaz, Benn and even Clark said they would honour the result, and indeed I posted such these quotes on this forum about two years ago. Have to go to work now.

I’m not sure why someone mentioning it in Hansard or MPs saying they’d honour the result has anything to do with its legitimacy as pronounced by the High Court.

The fact that the referendum was advisory and not legally binding was widely reported in the media at the time.

[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 9:25]
BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 09:56 - Jan 22 with 1580 viewsjohnlangy

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 23:16 - Jan 21 by howenjack

So if the result was advisory what was the point of having a referendum at all ?
I don't believe the result was advisory ; why go to all that trouble TV debates etc and 17 m people voting for something they had no chance of achieving? It was first past the post that's the British political system leave won , that's the reality you speak of .If remain won we wouldn't be having this debate .
Cheats never prosper.

As a rule referenda are always advisory. As was the Brexit one. So, in theory, parliament could choose to ignore it.

Funnily enough, even though the Welsh devolution referendum was run as a legally binding vote, Theresa May voted against implementing the setting up of the WAG.

Hypocrite isn't a strong enough word.
BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 10:20 - Jan 22 with 1565 viewsHighjack

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 08:58 - Jan 22 by WarwickHunt

Using that reasoning, the party winning a GE should be in power forever.

You have to laugh at people complaining about voting being undemocratic..

It is undemocratic when only one result will be carried through on.

Keep voting til you vote the correct way then all voting will stop is not democracy.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 10:26 - Jan 22 with 1558 viewsHighjack

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 22:26 - Jan 21 by JACKMANANDBOY

75 percent of MPs were/are remainers, guess what happens next?

They are definitely remainers but I wonder if just like the no confidence vote party politics will come into it.

I would imagine that the vast majority of tories, even those who desperately want to ignore the referendum will not want to hand corbyn this sort of political victory.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 10:27 - Jan 22 with 1553 viewsHighjack

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 09:01 - Jan 22 by WarwickHunt

Ironic that the Greeks should fûck themselves up the arse. I wonder if they have a word for it?

I was thinking “flexible” but that’s more Latin isn’t it?

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 10:37 - Jan 22 with 1535 viewsAce_Jack

The majority of people don't want May's Brexit. The Majority of people don't want a no deal brexit.

So whats left?
Login to get fewer ads

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 10:41 - Jan 22 with 1517 viewstrampie

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 10:37 - Jan 22 by Ace_Jack

The majority of people don't want May's Brexit. The Majority of people don't want a no deal brexit.

So whats left?

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.
Poll: UK European Union membership referendum poll

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:04 - Jan 22 with 1512 viewsLoyal

Bound to be on a menu somewhere.

Nolan sympathiser, clout expert, personal friend of Leigh Dineen, advocate and enforcer of porridge swallows. The official inventor of the tit w@nk.
Poll: Who should be Swansea number 1

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:06 - Jan 22 with 1506 viewsAce_Jack

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 10:41 - Jan 22 by trampie

No deal is utter lunacy. Plus I'm sure a saw a poll where 25% of people thought no deal was the status quo.

Parliament needs to take no deal off the able as soon as f**king possible.
BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:14 - Jan 22 with 1483 viewstrampie

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:06 - Jan 22 by Ace_Jack

No deal is utter lunacy. Plus I'm sure a saw a poll where 25% of people thought no deal was the status quo.

Parliament needs to take no deal off the able as soon as f**king possible.

Lots of Labour supporters particularly those up the North of England voted for 'leave' and they want a 'no deal' Brexit [along with kippers and uber Conservatives], they want out.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 11:16]

Continually being banned by Planet Swans for Porthcawl and then being reinstated.

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:15 - Jan 22 with 1490 viewsHighjack

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 10:41 - Jan 22 by trampie

That poll can’t be accurate. Resign should be around the 98% mark.

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:20 - Jan 22 with 1483 viewsHighjack

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:14 - Jan 22 by trampie

Lots of Labour supporters particularly those up the North of England voted for 'leave' and they want a 'no deal' Brexit [along with kippers and uber Conservatives], they want out.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 11:16]

This is the main problem. It is an issue that completely transcends traditional party lines. The EU both appeals to and appalls both the left and the right for a number of reasons.

This should have been a cross party thing from the start.

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:33 - Jan 22 with 1457 viewstrampie

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:20 - Jan 22 by Highjack

This is the main problem. It is an issue that completely transcends traditional party lines. The EU both appeals to and appalls both the left and the right for a number of reasons.

This should have been a cross party thing from the start.

The middle of the road types some would say that support sensible parties like Plaid and the SNP and middle of the road type voters who might be remain or might be leave but want a sensible withdrawal agreement would not want 'no deal' but the swivel eyed loonies in the Labour party and the Conservative and Unionist party and those swivel eyed loons who support the Labour party and the swivel eyed loonies that support the Conservative party want a 'no deal'.

The Labour and Conservative parties are extremists both with far right views and the likes of Plaid and the SNP are the sensible middle of the road parties, but the way the Beeb and the newspapers portray the parties the uninitiated would think its the other way around.

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:48 - Jan 22 with 1448 viewsUxbridge

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 08:34 - Jan 22 by trinityann

Both sides were spouting drivel in main media. Everything that has happened since has been orchestrated by politicians wanting to stay in EU. If there is a second referendum what is the point in voting in the future, If they are not happy with the voters they will just manipulate a different outcome.

Project Fear is looking pretty accurate right about now.

Rather awkwardly of course, the people who voted for taking back control then went and voted for the parliament we currently have. Logically speaking, I don't see how those who voted for taking back control could then argue with MPs acting as they see fit. That is what you voted for.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:50 - Jan 22 with 1442 viewsHighjack

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:33 - Jan 22 by trampie

The middle of the road types some would say that support sensible parties like Plaid and the SNP and middle of the road type voters who might be remain or might be leave but want a sensible withdrawal agreement would not want 'no deal' but the swivel eyed loonies in the Labour party and the Conservative and Unionist party and those swivel eyed loons who support the Labour party and the swivel eyed loonies that support the Conservative party want a 'no deal'.

The Labour and Conservative parties are extremists both with far right views and the likes of Plaid and the SNP are the sensible middle of the road parties, but the way the Beeb and the newspapers portray the parties the uninitiated would think its the other way around.

You’ve been banging on for years that plaid are on the left and everyone else is super far right. Now they’re middle of the road. Make your mind up.

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:52 - Jan 22 with 1441 viewsHighjack

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:48 - Jan 22 by Uxbridge

Project Fear is looking pretty accurate right about now.

Rather awkwardly of course, the people who voted for taking back control then went and voted for the parliament we currently have. Logically speaking, I don't see how those who voted for taking back control could then argue with MPs acting as they see fit. That is what you voted for.

The majority of the parliament we have rather awkwardly campaigned to deliver brexit in their manifestos so it’s not the voters fault most MPs are supine duplicitous liars.

We need complete and total reform across the board.

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:57 - Jan 22 with 1423 viewstrampie

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:50 - Jan 22 by Highjack

You’ve been banging on for years that plaid are on the left and everyone else is super far right. Now they’re middle of the road. Make your mind up.

They are just left of centre on political graphs like the SNP [check out the site that plots the parties on a graph] and that puts them well left of the big 3 Westminster parties, Labour being out on the right with the Conservatives until Corbyn.

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 12:07 - Jan 22 with 1425 viewsHighjack

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:57 - Jan 22 by trampie

They are just left of centre on political graphs like the SNP [check out the site that plots the parties on a graph] and that puts them well left of the big 3 Westminster parties, Labour being out on the right with the Conservatives until Corbyn.

I’ve just done that test for myself and it’s put me on the libertarian left smack bang on Gandhi. But I refuse to lose weight, height, black up and wear a nappy.

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! (n/t) on 12:14 - Jan 22 with 1414 viewshowenjack

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:52 - Jan 22 by Highjack

The majority of the parliament we have rather awkwardly campaigned to deliver brexit in their manifestos so it’s not the voters fault most MPs are supine duplicitous liars.

Hear hear
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 12:15]
BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 12:16 - Jan 22 with 1406 viewsUxbridge

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 11:52 - Jan 22 by Highjack

I'm not sure how true that is. Not the liar bit, of course most of them are, but plenty were elected despite setting out their personal view during the election. I'm no fan of Geraint Davies, quite the opposite, but he's been pretty clear on this, for once.

I'll not comment on what Brexit they promised to deliver, or the reality of ever being able to deliver that. It's been shown up for the fairytale it always was despite the lies from the likes of Johnson and Hannan.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! (n/t) on 12:23 - Jan 22 with 1388 viewshowenjack

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! (n/t) on 12:14 - Jan 22 by howenjack

Hear hear
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 12:15]

A large majority of mps have forgotten the main purpose of their roles in parliament is to represent the views of their constituents.That mp is their one and only voice in parliament.The people who elected them have in many cases felt let down and betrayed. The term right honourable member was never more in question , quite apart from the moral failings of certain labour members highlighted in the press recently.
BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! (n/t) on 12:27 - Jan 22 with 1380 viewsAce_Jack

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! (n/t) on 12:23 - Jan 22 by howenjack

A large majority of mps have forgotten the main purpose of their roles in parliament is to represent the views of their constituents.That mp is their one and only voice in parliament.The people who elected them have in many cases felt let down and betrayed. The term right honourable member was never more in question , quite apart from the moral failings of certain labour members highlighted in the press recently.

MPs aren't delegates. They never have been.
BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 13:04 - Jan 22 with 1327 viewstrampie

BREAKING!! Corbyn endorses campaign for second EU referendum! on 12:07 - Jan 22 by Highjack

I’ve just done that test for myself and it’s put me on the libertarian left smack bang on Gandhi. But I refuse to lose weight, height, black up and wear a nappy.

Plaid and the SNP are only just left of centre but the big 3 Westminster parties in recent decades are the extremists until Corbyn with them often being way out on the right, yet the press make out it its Plaid and the SNP that are the extremists even in an economic policy sense.
[Post edited 22 Jan 2019 13:05]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024