Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? 16:01 - Jan 28 with 5281 viewsChief

Persistent James and Bony rumours, ones regarding Fer now appearing. Will he be this deadline day's Fernandez?

Only speculation they are mind, but that's 3 first team players, and there's absolutely no sign of anyone coming in.

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:07 - Jan 28 with 3278 viewsmonmouth

Everyone wants Bony off the wage bill. Two weeks ago people would have driven Fer to Turkey and in two weeks time probably will want to again (plus he's another big earner) and would you turndown 10m for James?

I'm as disappointed as anyone with theway things have panned out in general for us and fed up that we don't have a pot to piss in, but I think fire sale is a bit hysterical here mate, no?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:09 - Jan 28 with 3260 viewssainthelens

C mon Huw, if you gonna do it, do it properly, get shot of Ollie, Celina and Conor. Your standards are slipping.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:13 - Jan 28 with 3238 viewsangryjack

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:07 - Jan 28 by monmouth

Everyone wants Bony off the wage bill. Two weeks ago people would have driven Fer to Turkey and in two weeks time probably will want to again (plus he's another big earner) and would you turndown 10m for James?

I'm as disappointed as anyone with theway things have panned out in general for us and fed up that we don't have a pot to piss in, but I think fire sale is a bit hysterical here mate, no?

Id turn down 200 million for James because what's the point none of it would be put back into player recruitment but in the Yanks pockets rather keep him
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:14 - Jan 28 with 3228 viewsthornabyswan

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:07 - Jan 28 by monmouth

I think Fer has been decent considering the injury problems a very good player for the league we are in.

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:15 - Jan 28 with 3226 viewsChief

Just asking the question I was. As I said it's all speculation.

And for Bony I actually want him to stay as he's a better option as back up than CBR. What benefit do us as fans get from getting rid of Bony now? We know he won't be replaced.

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:16 - Jan 28 with 3221 viewsIAN05

Fer, Bony and James will be gone apparently.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:28 - Jan 28 with 3142 viewsmonmouth

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:15 - Jan 28 by Chief

Just asking the question I was. As I said it's all speculation.

And for Bony I actually want him to stay as he's a better option as back up than CBR. What benefit do us as fans get from getting rid of Bony now? We know he won't be replaced.

Oh, I want players in instead of them, but that's the sticking point. At least with them gone that's another 'excuse' stripped away. Personally I think that any action in will wait until the summer, and depend upon Ayews and Basto, and maybe even Routs and Dyer. The focus is purely on financial self sufficiency until we actually achieve it I reckon.

And don't get me wrong. It's bloody depressing, I hate it, but I can see the logic. I don't think anyone was expecting Leeds to weigh in with a significant offer (and no doubt wages to turn his head) for James, as I don't think that's a planned sale. With 18 months left though and if he wants to go at that price....I'd probably sell, whether in hindsight that's good or bad. I still hope he'll stay mind. As I said, I see pace as essential for us.

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:34 - Jan 28 with 3099 viewsmonmouth

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:14 - Jan 28 by thornabyswan

I think Fer has been decent considering the injury problems a very good player for the league we are in.

I'm not disagreeing to a point (I think it all depends if he can be arsed - and who knows from game to game. I think he might have been trying recently simply to get out as it happens, he has form for it). Anyway, I would bet he will chase the move, plus his contract is up in the summer isn't it?, we wont be relegated or promoted so we simply want the cost reduced.

Just not important to keep him just now in the eyes of the decision makers I would guess.

Login to get fewer ads

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:34 - Jan 28 with 3092 viewsChief

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:28 - Jan 28 by monmouth

Oh, I want players in instead of them, but that's the sticking point. At least with them gone that's another 'excuse' stripped away. Personally I think that any action in will wait until the summer, and depend upon Ayews and Basto, and maybe even Routs and Dyer. The focus is purely on financial self sufficiency until we actually achieve it I reckon.

And don't get me wrong. It's bloody depressing, I hate it, but I can see the logic. I don't think anyone was expecting Leeds to weigh in with a significant offer (and no doubt wages to turn his head) for James, as I don't think that's a planned sale. With 18 months left though and if he wants to go at that price....I'd probably sell, whether in hindsight that's good or bad. I still hope he'll stay mind. As I said, I see pace as essential for us.

The way I see it, I want no players gone at all (maybe Narsingh as it looks as if he won't ever get picked anyway).

I'm not a massive Fer fan not Bony in this incarnation, but I simply don't see what benefit us as fans get from selling them. Same with James if Leeds came in with £100million bid. Sell them to what end?

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:43 - Jan 28 with 3040 viewsFireboy2

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:16 - Jan 28 by IAN05

Fer, Bony and James will be gone apparently.

Source?
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:44 - Jan 28 with 3039 viewsHeadmaster

Fact is, the owners said we were building a team based on youth for the long term. If we sell James now, that goes against what they said and is a slap in the face to Potter. Bony, Narsingh, and Dyer should all leave before James. And it's misleading to say we need to sell him - if we don't sell and nobody comes in, then we won't be worse off. If we sell him and bring nobody in with sufficient quality to replace him, then we'll definitely be worse off. Same goes for Fer.

And speaking of Fer, I've criticised him in the past, particularly in the Premier League, but he has improved in recent games as have the whole team. We're on a good run in the FA Cup and have the chance to move towards the play off places too. Why risk damaging the squad in the middle of the season when we can sort the business out in the summer?
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:46 - Jan 28 with 3022 views34dfgdf54

Oh f*ck
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:48 - Jan 28 with 3014 viewsPozuelosSideys

The cynics amongst us (including me) expect Potter to have less players to choose from than he does now by the time the window closes.

Fully expect Bony, Fer and James to be out the door. Wouldnt at all be suprised to see our nerve tested with decent offers for Socks right at the end of the window too.

Lets be honest, our history in the January window has been terrible, and the shareholders want their dividends paid at the end of the year when the "improved" financial results have been delivered.

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:51 - Jan 28 with 2989 viewsthornabyswan

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:46 - Jan 28 by 34dfgdf54

Oh f*ck

That sounds ominous

Poll: Would you like Cooper to stay or go (regardless of compensation situation)

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:56 - Jan 28 with 2964 views34dfgdf54

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:51 - Jan 28 by thornabyswan

That sounds ominous

I know nothing, it was more in relation to the news Fer is off, and the guy reporting it is normally reliable.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:57 - Jan 28 with 2955 viewsIAN05

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:43 - Jan 28 by Fireboy2

Source?

Wouldn’t say who publicly but told by one and backed up hy another. Coaching and backroom staff members
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 17:12 - Jan 28 with 2865 viewsmonmouth

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:44 - Jan 28 by Headmaster

Fact is, the owners said we were building a team based on youth for the long term. If we sell James now, that goes against what they said and is a slap in the face to Potter. Bony, Narsingh, and Dyer should all leave before James. And it's misleading to say we need to sell him - if we don't sell and nobody comes in, then we won't be worse off. If we sell him and bring nobody in with sufficient quality to replace him, then we'll definitely be worse off. Same goes for Fer.

And speaking of Fer, I've criticised him in the past, particularly in the Premier League, but he has improved in recent games as have the whole team. We're on a good run in the FA Cup and have the chance to move towards the play off places too. Why risk damaging the squad in the middle of the season when we can sort the business out in the summer?

If it was your business though (not a fan) what would you do?

I do believe they would like to get back to the PL (of course they would), but do you really believe that's likely simply by keeping Fer and James? The back up plan is presumably what Tan has done with Cardiff. Make them as self reliant as possible, slash debt and wages and try like hell to offload. Tan just got lucky with a ridiculously unexpected promotion.

I'm not saying I'm not really cheesed off with the state we got ourselves in (including the ownership/Trust mess) as a fan. But the longer term survival of my club is more important to me than a few players for sure, so I have some empathy with the Yanks, for entirely different reasons.

As I say, I reckon James is totally unexpected and out of the blue, but with a business plan as above, would you turn down a big wedge for a still unproven youngster that has started so few games when we still have Dyer, Routs, Montero, Asoro and McKay.....and no matter what you think of them, we arestuck withthem and they can't all play. I'mdisappointed too, but the decision looks inevitable to me.

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 17:12 - Jan 28 with 2865 viewsDrGonzo

I can understand selling Fer and Bony to balance the books. There is no justification for selling Dan however. That stinks if true.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 17:21 - Jan 28 with 2821 viewsThornburyswan

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 17:12 - Jan 28 by DrGonzo

I can understand selling Fer and Bony to balance the books. There is no justification for selling Dan however. That stinks if true.

Me too but noting Fer & Bony will help the wage bill but unlikely to bring fees in suspect the James sale would achieve cash now - I imagine this is about covering payments due out this year on the last few Prem signings & to cover the Ayew's wages when they return in the summer.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 17:31 - Jan 28 with 2751 viewsCroftyjack

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 16:28 - Jan 28 by monmouth

Self sufficiency..wtf even is that in football
Lucky Man.city, and all the other top teams didn't think like that ..half the players would have nowhere to go
It's football and as fans should only care about our squad and it's easy to say bonus not playing, Fer isn't great etc etc...what will our team be made up of lol ..cos I don't see anyone currently in the u23s this season being ready.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 17:33 - Jan 28 with 2733 viewshectorshouse

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 17:12 - Jan 28 by monmouth

I do believe they would like to get back to the PL (of course they would), but do you really believe that's likely simply by keeping Fer and James? The back up plan is presumably what Tan has done with Cardiff. Make them as self reliant as possible, slash debt and wages and try like hell to offload. Tan just got lucky with a ridiculously unexpected promotion.

I'm not saying I'm not really cheesed off with the state we got ourselves in (including the ownership/Trust mess) as a fan. But the longer term survival of my club is more important to me than a few players for sure, so I have some empathy with the Yanks, for entirely different reasons.

As I say, I reckon James is totally unexpected and out of the blue, but with a business plan as above, would you turn down a big wedge for a still unproven youngster that has started so few games when we still have Dyer, Routs, Montero, Asoro and McKay.....and no matter what you think of them, we arestuck withthem and they can't all play. I'mdisappointed too, but the decision looks inevitable to me.

This is far too sensible a post to be on here. Like you I would be disappointed to see Dan go, however, if Leeds can stump up £10 million, they will also be able to offer him a significantly larger salary. The truth is we cannot compete with that, so it may be that Dan will be off. The reason we cannot compete goes back to the last 3, or so, seasons and we are now reaping the whirlwind of paying large sums for bang average players in a desperate attempt to stay in the PL. I would not expect to see any of the £10 million (if that is what the deal is) be reinvested in the squad as the number 1 priority (like it or not) is to make us more financially stable.
This is all a bit piss poor but it is the reality of our situation. The truth is we lived beyond our means and now have to restructure financially. I do not think the yanks are taking money out of the club (I may be naieve and they haven't help themselves in not showing the Trust the management accounts) but this is the price we pay for stupid gambling with the future of the club in trying to stay in the PL. It is like a gambler making riskier and larger bets chasing his losses. This is what Huw et al did with the Bony, Ayew transfers and this is the price we have to pay.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 17:34 - Jan 28 with 2727 viewsHeadmaster

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 17:12 - Jan 28 by monmouth

I would keep our best assets to make sure our manager retains what he has so we can progress in the FA Cup and the league; this also provides us with financial incentives. Transfers can wait until the summer, and I'm sure we won't be short of offers. There is no justification for selling one of our brightest prospects mere days before the window shuts.

If they want to free up wages, then Bony, Narsingh, Dyer and even Routledge should all go before James. There's no need for it. If we don't sell, we won't be worse off than we are now.
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 17:41 - Jan 28 with 2668 viewsKilkennyjack

We will accept any reasonable offer for any player.

Beware of the Risen People

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 17:50 - Jan 28 with 2616 viewsAngelRangelQS

Id drive Fer and Bony anywhere they want to go myself.

No way should we be entertaining selling James
Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 18:11 - Jan 28 with 2467 viewsthornabyswan

Will there be another fire sale this deadline day? on 17:41 - Jan 28 by Kilkennyjack

We will accept any reasonable offer for any player.

They won't sell till after the Birmingham game.
Big nose will need to get a few more heavies and a fresh stock of nappies in.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024