Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
VDH - Villa 10:39 - Feb 3 with 5997 views34dfgdf54

Was wanted by Villa last week, we wanted too much. They’ll try again in summer when he’s out of contract. They are vultures fair play.

Source - Nixon.
VDH - Villa on 16:58 - Feb 3 with 860 viewsSTID2017

VDH - Villa on 16:49 - Feb 3 by _

Oh this is just pathetic.

You carry on in your little world it's hopeless trying to explain the same thing over and over again.

Why do you defend them ? Unless you have proof positive then you are just speculating the same as the rest of us.
The truth is Chris as I said in the previous post as long as the Yanks are in charge (and for whatever reasons) they'll sell everything until there is nothing left.
You believe what you will though Chris

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

VDH - Villa on 17:00 - Feb 3 with 853 views_

VDH - Villa on 16:55 - Feb 3 by jasper_T

How does the fact that we spent £4m on Celina in the summer figure in to the "get as much money in the bank as possible" plan? You don't see many firesales of newly purchased stock.

Don't bother mate, him and St Helen's haven't got a brain cell to rub together. Think they've got things sussed because they read things on here. Unrivalled ignorance

You're all out of time....the past was yours but the future's mine.
Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

VDH - Villa on 17:03 - Feb 3 with 833 viewsSTID2017

VDH - Villa on 17:00 - Feb 3 by _

Don't bother mate, him and St Helen's haven't got a brain cell to rub together. Think they've got things sussed because they read things on here. Unrivalled ignorance

When all else fails, resort to personal insults.
You're consistent if nothing else Chris

"Sanity and happiness are an impossible combination" - Mark Twain
Poll: Who Would You Want As Captain For Swans ?

VDH - Villa on 17:07 - Feb 3 with 823 viewsunion_jack

VDH - Villa on 16:55 - Feb 3 by jasper_T

How does the fact that we spent £4m on Celina in the summer figure in to the "get as much money in the bank as possible" plan? You don't see many firesales of newly purchased stock.

Yes, but I anticipate he’ll be hawked come the summer. No shortages of buyers to recoup that outlay I’m sure.

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

VDH - Villa on 17:13 - Feb 3 with 805 viewsjasper_T

VDH - Villa on 17:07 - Feb 3 by union_jack

Yes, but I anticipate he’ll be hawked come the summer. No shortages of buyers to recoup that outlay I’m sure.

If the policy is to wheel and deal and try to flip bargains over a short term I'd have no great problem with it, provided the football people identifying targets are good at their jobs (very risky otherwise). Clubs like Brentford have made a decent living out of the approach in this division, and played some good football in the process.

Of the 6 players we brought in over the summer only Celina has really impressed, though. So some fine tuning (and perhaps a tougher negotiating team) needed.
VDH - Villa on 17:15 - Feb 3 with 794 views_

Haha....

Pathetic.

Poll: With what we've seen since June, Potter in, players out etc, are the Americans

VDH - Villa on 17:17 - Feb 3 with 787 viewsCooperman

That depends on the size of the hole in the business plan at the time.

I haven’t seen the accounts but I wouldn’t mind betting that some assumptions are based on us having already shifted Narsingh and maybe one more big earner AND recouping more than what we did for those that we’ve sold. This is probably why DJ was up in Leeds.

Re this hole, I reckon it’s massive and further austerity is necessary. Not asset stripping but cost cutting.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

VDH - Villa on 17:18 - Feb 3 with 779 views_

And what if he'd have turned out to be a bit of a flop, like so many are accusing Asoro of being, oh, and he cost us 2m as well.

How does all that then figure into the mass fire sale policy?

Over to the great Planet Swans doomsayers to twist more bullshit

Login to get fewer ads

VDH - Villa on 17:19 - Feb 3 with 767 views_

VDH - Villa on 17:17 - Feb 3 by Cooperman

That depends on the size of the hole in the business plan at the time.

I haven’t seen the accounts but I wouldn’t mind betting that some assumptions are based on us having already shifted Narsingh and maybe one more big earner AND recouping more than what we did for those that we’ve sold. This is probably why DJ was up in Leeds.

Re this hole, I reckon it’s massive and further austerity is necessary. Not asset stripping but cost cutting.

Blinking heck, a fair and balanced and thoughtful post on Planet Swans

This will never catch on...

Out of the way please, The pitchforks are coming.....

VDH - Villa on 17:20 - Feb 3 with 757 viewsmagicdaps10

VDH - Villa on 17:19 - Feb 3 by _

Blinking heck, a fair and balanced and thoughtful post on Planet Swans

This will never catch on...

Out of the way please, The pitchforks are coming.....

You really struggle with reality dont you Chris.

Ignore ignore ignore
Attack attack attack.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

VDH - Villa on 17:26 - Feb 3 with 740 viewsunion_jack

VDH - Villa on 17:18 - Feb 3 by _

And what if he'd have turned out to be a bit of a flop, like so many are accusing Asoro of being, oh, and he cost us 2m as well.

How does all that then figure into the mass fire sale policy?

Over to the great Planet Swans doomsayers to twist more bullshit

But he hasn’t so your question is purely academic.

You need to realise that our majority owners have absolutely no emotion invested in the club, they will not be here to take the flak directly (but probably are thick skinned enough to take it) and they’ll sell ANYTHING to recoup their money for their hedge fund. If that leaves us without a full complement of playing staff then that won’t bother them.

Get real Chris. We all know you get a kick out of being a Mary Mary but you’re just making a fool of yourself now. You make sense sometimes and your impassioned rants are something to behold but your constant attempt to go against the majority on most topics is becoming wearing.

VDH - Villa on 17:37 - Feb 3 with 711 views_

VDH - Villa on 17:26 - Feb 3 by union_jack

You need to realise that our majority owners have absolutely no emotion invested in the club, they will not be here to take the flak directly (but probably are thick skinned enough to take it) and they’ll sell ANYTHING to recoup their money for their hedge fund. If that leaves us without a full complement of playing staff then that won’t bother them.

Get real Chris. We all know you get a kick out of being a Mary Mary but you’re just making a fool of yourself now. You make sense sometimes and your impassioned rants are something to behold but your constant attempt to go against the majority on most topics is becoming wearing.

Huh, but Asoro has and he was 2m....??!!!

So explain that then matey???

VDH - Villa on 17:46 - Feb 3 with 689 viewsunion_jack

VDH - Villa on 17:37 - Feb 3 by _

Huh, but Asoro has and he was 2m....??!!!

So explain that then matey???

If you’re asking why he wasn’t put up for sale ???? then maybe he was or is cheap enough to be part of the future - low wages. He was in the match day squad on Saturday, first time for some time I believe.

VDH - Villa on 17:47 - Feb 3 with 687 viewsCooperman

Until it’s catergorically proven that the Americans are taking money out of the club (and I can see why some believe this to be the case based on the lack of transparency regarding accounts) then we need to get our heads around the fact the cost cutting is an absolute necessity. If the difference between administration and not going into administration is selling Dan James then I’m all for it. Unfortunately the events of the last week look like a fire sale, I fully understand this. On the other hand I’ve worked in an environment (albeit non football but the principles are the same) where the same measures have been required.

Key points here:
1. We’re absolutely busted flush and we haven’t got the proverbial pot.
2. Visibility of those accounts is absolutely essential.

VDH - Villa on 17:50 - Feb 3 with 676 views_

VDH - Villa on 17:46 - Feb 3 by union_jack

If you’re asking why he wasn’t put up for sale ???? then maybe he was or is cheap enough to be part of the future - low wages. He was in the match day squad on Saturday, first time for some time I believe.

But we spent 2m on him FFS

Why did we do that??

This just proves idiots will spout out any old shit to suit their doomsaying.

Boring

VDH - Villa on 17:51 - Feb 3 with 660 views_

VDH - Villa on 17:47 - Feb 3 by Cooperman

Until it’s catergorically proven that the Americans are taking money out of the club (and I can see why some believe this to be the case based on the lack of transparency regarding accounts) then we need to get our heads around the fact the cost cutting is an absolute necessity. If the difference between administration and not going into administration is selling Dan James then I’m all for it. Unfortunately the events of the last week look like a fire sale, I fully understand this. On the other hand I’ve worked in an environment (albeit non football but the principles are the same) where the same measures have been required.

Key points here:

If you refuse to listen to me because I'm a bit of a Dick, then listen to this post here.

Sums it up perfectly 👍

VDH - Villa on 17:52 - Feb 3 with 652 viewsunion_jack

VDH - Villa on 17:50 - Feb 3 by _

But we spent 2m on him FFS

Why did we do that??

This just proves idiots will spout out any old shit to suit their doomsaying.

Boring

Possibly a bad purchase, yet to be seen maybe.

But as he’s not performing we’ve no chance of getting our money back by selling, only reducing what is probably a relatively low wage bill.

Sorry you’re bored.

VDH - Villa on 17:56 - Feb 3 with 637 views_

VDH - Villa on 17:52 - Feb 3 by union_jack

Possibly a bad purchase, yet to be seen maybe.

But as he’s not performing we’ve no chance of getting our money back by selling, only reducing what is probably a relatively low wage bill.

Sorry you’re bored.

So why would a club in the middle of a fire sale fork out 6m on two wingers??

That would make as much sense as one of Stid's posts wouldn't it?

I'll leave you to dream up another doomsday scenario. You've got the imagination and the inclination for it...

VDH - Villa on 18:05 - Feb 3 with 615 viewshobo

VDH - Villa on 17:56 - Feb 3 by _

So why would a club in the middle of a fire sale fork out 6m on two wingers??

That would make as much sense as one of Stid's posts wouldn't it?

I'll leave you to dream up another doomsday scenario. You've got the imagination and the inclination for it...

£6m out of £45m in transfer fees received? It's nothing

They would have had to give a little something back otherwise they know they'd have a real mutiny after sending more than 13 players out of the door, most of them being starters. I'm sure Potter would have pushed hard for these signings too.

At the end of the day it bought them an extra 6 months before the sh#t hit the fan
VDH - Villa on 18:06 - Feb 3 with 614 viewsjasper_T

People should be careful when criticising the Americans that they don't take legitimate complaints they have (about player sales, for example, which we would likely all admit to being disappointed by) and render them nonsensical by exaggeration.

It's clearly false that they will sell any player for any amount to recoup money for the hedge fund. We turned down approaches for players (McBurnie, vdH). We spent money on new players (Celina, Asoro, McKay, John).

This doesn't mean you're wrong to be concerned, but you can't be surprised people are "defending the board" by correcting you when some of the things you claim are demonstrably false. It's impassioned rants on both sides, sometimes, and that doesn't help fans get any clear understanding of what's been going on at the football club.
VDH - Villa on 18:11 - Feb 3 with 604 views34dfgdf54

VDH - Villa on 17:47 - Feb 3 by Cooperman

Key points here:

To be honest now the emotions have died down after the transfer window, and the club statement yesterday, I tend to agree with this post. I’ve said before I’ll wait until the summer to see what the Americans are all about, and we’ll see what happens now both the owners and Trust have said they will be in contact regarding Huw’s replacement.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 18:17]
VDH - Villa on 18:13 - Feb 3 with 597 views_

VDH - Villa on 18:06 - Feb 3 by jasper_T

People should be careful when criticising the Americans that they don't take legitimate complaints they have (about player sales, for example, which we would likely all admit to being disappointed by) and render them nonsensical by exaggeration.

It's clearly false that they will sell any player for any amount to recoup money for the hedge fund. We turned down approaches for players (McBurnie, vdH). We spent money on new players (Celina, Asoro, McKay, John).

This doesn't mean you're wrong to be concerned, but you can't be surprised people are "defending the board" by correcting you when some of the things you claim are demonstrably false. It's impassioned rants on both sides, sometimes, and that doesn't help fans get any clear understanding of what's been going on at the football club.

Great post.

VDH - Villa on 18:17 - Feb 3 with 574 viewsCooperman

Fair points.

VDH - Villa on 18:20 - Feb 3 with 565 viewsunion_jack

I agree no one knows exactly what’s happening other than those on the inside.

However, there are signs that a firesale is in progress. Yes, players were bought in the summer but far more sold. In my opinion (if that’s better) I can see them stripping us bare in the summer, recouping what they can in the process and selling on to whoever they can.

Now if there are rules against this and no known loopholes feel free to enlighten me. But these things have happened to other clubs in the past. The majority owners are not in it for the love of Swansea City but for making a buck. That’s all that needs to be realised.

VDH - Villa on 18:21 - Feb 3 with 560 views_

VDH - Villa on 18:11 - Feb 3 by 34dfgdf54

To be honest now the emotions have died down after the transfer window, and the club statement yesterday, I tend to agree with this post. I’ve said before I’ll wait until the summer to see what the Americans are all about, and we’ll see what happens now both the owners and Trust have said they will be in contact regarding Huw’s replacement.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2019 18:17]

I need to meet up with you and have a proper catch up. You're not as dull as the rest, there's some hope with you. Where do you go match days?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024