Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Cardiff Dodgy deals. 12:38 - Feb 19 with 12813 viewswhaleoilbeefhooked

Oh dear, oh dear!
One heck of a read !

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/football/article-6718009/The-time-Cardiff-care
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 17:46 - Feb 20 with 3211 viewssainthelens

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 17:20 - Feb 20 by raynor94

McKay is now asking for a public debate with Cardiff officials, and wants it aired on Sky, to clear up the Sala fiasco.

Sounds like he has some dirt to dish on them, it's turning into a very unsavoury affair

Commonly known as having someone by the bollox. Time to pay up ladies.
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 19:43 - Feb 20 with 3067 viewsbluey_the_blue

Maybe not, if this is all true.

https://www.telegraph.co.uk/football/2019/02/20/emiliano-sala-signed-potentially

I sense this is going to rumble on with legal action against Nantes and McKay - the tragedy is Sala's death was completely and utterly avoidable.
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 19:47 - Feb 20 with 3054 viewspencoedjack

You should be embarrassed

End of
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 19:49 - Feb 20 with 3050 viewsBluebird

Looks like this is helping to distract you all from the abortion of happenings at your club.
Keep wishing minnows 😁
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 20:14]
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 19:49 - Feb 20 with 3050 viewsjasper_T

I hope they do go after McKay. It won't end well for them but opening that barrel of worms into the public eye might do the game some good.
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 20:23 - Feb 20 with 2995 viewsplasjack

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 19:49 - Feb 20 by Bluebird

Looks like this is helping to distract you all from the abortion of happenings at your club.
Keep wishing minnows 😁
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 20:14]

By welching on a deal with Nantes FC any future deals for you lot will be toxic.
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 20:28 - Feb 20 with 2974 viewsbluey_the_blue

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 20:23 - Feb 20 by plasjack

By welching on a deal with Nantes FC any future deals for you lot will be toxic.

Hmm, you're overestimated the morality of football.

Nantes rushed to demand money, threatening legal action if not paid by a certain date. No legal action launched. If the Telegraph story is true, then it seems they knew he was still registered as a Nantes player, tried a money grab by using PR.

Given the raid on Nantes for the owner's tax evasion, I don't have a high regard for them.

It's clear the intent was to sign him. It's clear the contract was not completed. I know you're used to Jenkins throwing money away but I doubt most of you would agree with spending 15m in the same circumstances.

Personally, for me it would be a great sign if both us and Nantes stumped up 7.5m each and donated to a charity nominated by Sala's family.

EDIT:

The problem is that legally, contract not completed then he's still a Nantes player. What would people's reaction be if he'd instead died whilst coming over for initial talks - should we still pay?

I'd far rather he was still alive and this was a non-issue - if alive, McKay wouldn't have hung himself with his own words.
[Post edited 20 Feb 2019 20:32]
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 20:41 - Feb 20 with 2923 viewsplasjack

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 20:28 - Feb 20 by bluey_the_blue

Nantes rushed to demand money, threatening legal action if not paid by a certain date. No legal action launched. If the Telegraph story is true, then it seems they knew he was still registered as a Nantes player, tried a money grab by using PR.

Given the raid on Nantes for the owner's tax evasion, I don't have a high regard for them.

It's clear the intent was to sign him. It's clear the contract was not completed. I know you're used to Jenkins throwing money away but I doubt most of you would agree with spending 15m in the same circumstances.

Personally, for me it would be a great sign if both us and Nantes stumped up 7.5m each and donated to a charity nominated by Sala's family.

EDIT:

The problem is that legally, contract not completed then he's still a Nantes player. What would people's reaction be if he'd instead died whilst coming over for initial talks - should we still pay?

I'd far rather he was still alive and this was a non-issue - if alive, McKay wouldn't have hung himself with his own words.

Mud sticks, and if you succeed in paying nothing, it will rebound on your future transfers, as players will think twice about signing for you.
Login to get fewer ads

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 20:43 - Feb 20 with 2915 viewspencoedjack

EDIT:

& all that time you were craving pity from anyone who would give it to you.

Embarrassing
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 20:58 - Feb 20 with 2887 views34dfgdf54

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 20:43 - Feb 20 by pencoedjack

Embarrassing

Exactly.

Disgusting club.
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 23:16 - Feb 20 with 2750 viewsBluebird

Embarrassing

You lot would have treated it exactly the same.
Using this to try and get one over on us is pretty shit to be honest.
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 23:20 - Feb 20 with 2743 viewsBluebird

Embarrassing

I didn't crave pity and neither did my kids who were genuinly hurt by what happened. Stop being a prick all the time
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 23:41 - Feb 20 with 2722 viewsBadlands

Being the DM I am not surprised hey skirted over Malky's emails.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 03:29 - Feb 21 with 2651 viewsThe_E20

Embarrassing

When Besian Idrizaj died it was a horrible feeling, but there was a quiet, dignified, sombre reaction entirely in line with the circumstances.

With Sala it seemed to be very fake, way over the top. A competition to be the most upset and revelling in the attention. They even suggested naming their stadium after him and retiring the shirt... now they are falling over themselves to claim he wasn’t even their player. Horrifically embarrassing and one of the main reasons I don’t want them in the PL, to be tarred with their brush due to our location would be terrible.

I don’t often generalise but they are indeed a disgusting club. They have spent the last couple of decades singing “gas a jack” in unison while making hissing noises to poke fun at our player that died (and it was far greater than “one or two” of them before they come in and deny it) and making fun of the death of one of our supporters.

Horrible club ad hope they are stripped of all the money they do clearly owe and more in court costs.
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 06:18 - Feb 21 with 2616 viewsexhmrc1

Tan having issues with agents is hardly news and when you consider the agents name he probably thinks there is a conspiracy. However it is clear from their public statements Cardiff were treating Sala as their player. You cannot mislead your fans you have signed a player for a record fee one minute then claim he wasn't because of the death. On the face of it he had clearly signed a contract to be a Cardiff player and they had agreed a transfer with Nantes. This is irrespective of whether they were so incompetent they hadn't submitted a transfer notice for 3 or 4 days to register a record transfer to the premier league. Why dont they have the courage to face the agent on Sky as he has suggested. What do they fear. If they get away with this agents will be very reluctant to deal with them and they will have major problems over transfers in future
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 08:13 - Feb 21 with 2519 viewsbluey_the_blue

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 06:18 - Feb 21 by exhmrc1

Tan having issues with agents is hardly news and when you consider the agents name he probably thinks there is a conspiracy. However it is clear from their public statements Cardiff were treating Sala as their player. You cannot mislead your fans you have signed a player for a record fee one minute then claim he wasn't because of the death. On the face of it he had clearly signed a contract to be a Cardiff player and they had agreed a transfer with Nantes. This is irrespective of whether they were so incompetent they hadn't submitted a transfer notice for 3 or 4 days to register a record transfer to the premier league. Why dont they have the courage to face the agent on Sky as he has suggested. What do they fear. If they get away with this agents will be very reluctant to deal with them and they will have major problems over transfers in future

Yes, we believed he was our player - the contract however was never finalised as it was returned, see Telegraph. That's something that often happens with all clubs, especially in overseas transfers.

Face McKay on Sky? Why - given the number of people who swallowed the bs written by Martin Samuel, why? The case will be treated on it's legal merits NOT via PR.

I doubt there will be any issues over transfers, the same claim was made over the fuss around Cornelius.
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 08:59 - Feb 21 with 2463 viewsexhmrc1

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 08:13 - Feb 21 by bluey_the_blue

Yes, we believed he was our player - the contract however was never finalised as it was returned, see Telegraph. That's something that often happens with all clubs, especially in overseas transfers.

Face McKay on Sky? Why - given the number of people who swallowed the bs written by Martin Samuel, why? The case will be treated on it's legal merits NOT via PR.

I doubt there will be any issues over transfers, the same claim was made over the fuss around Cornelius.

so your happy with being misled into thinking you had a great signing that you didnt. You dont show players in your kit until the deal is finalised. All this is your grubby club trying to . wriggle its way not to pay money. Everyone will see that and given your previous problems with agents and again this if there are 2 clubs interested agents will not deal with yours
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 10:00 - Feb 21 with 2408 viewsTom1912

EDIT:

Your first paragraph is absolute bollocks.

Nantes didn’t “rush to demand payment”. I read many football contracts in a previous job and I guarantee the contract between the two clubs would have detailed explicitly a payment plan. The £15m would probably have been broken into 2-3 seperate payments and the contract would have said when each payment was to be made by.

If Nantes are asking for money it’s because Cardiff have missed the first payment due. Nothing to do with a PR stunt.

The right thing to do here morally is pay up what’s owed. Cardiff are simply trying to weasel out of paying on technicalities, no matter how you try and dress it up.
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 10:11 - Feb 21 with 2395 viewspencoedjack

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 23:20 - Feb 20 by Bluebird

I didn't crave pity and neither did my kids who were genuinly hurt by what happened. Stop being a prick all the time

The football club you support craved pity, black armbands, minutes silence/ applause before every game which they requested.

I am sure if it was known that we actually did this for a Nantes player it would never have happened. (still a tragic loss of life but for someone who played in the French league)

I can't remember a minutes silence for the 10 Brazilian young footballers who tragically died a few weeks after Nantes tragedy (I presume your kids were equally hurt by that)

I suggest if you don't like facts fuk off back to your own board & continue to try & justify the actions of your club.
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 10:16 - Feb 21 with 2385 viewsJoe_bradshaw

I'm confused.

Was Sala "forever a Bluebird"

Or was Sala never a Bluebird?

Or do you choose whichever of the above suits at any given moment?

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 10:29 - Feb 21 with 2373 viewsshandyjack

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 23:20 - Feb 20 by Bluebird

why were they genuinely hurt? the guy had never kicked a ball for you in training let alone in a match. He was a player 99% of your fan base had never heard of before he signed.

Poll: Expectation for the season

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 10:33 - Feb 21 with 2367 viewsexhmrc1

I suggest you read your own scum mail. Sala family to lose 600000 because you lot failed to properly complete the registration. However the contract and transfer had been registered to the Welsh Fa and the international authoriites. The fact he hadn't been properly registered with the Premier league due to your clubs ineptitude doesnt alter the fact that there was a signed agreement with the player and between both clubs that was registered with the appropriate football association so there was a contract in place and he was a Cardiff player albeit one the couldnt play in the premiership due to your club's incompetence.
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 15:53 - Feb 21 with 2192 viewscockneyswan

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 10:16 - Feb 21 by Joe_bradshaw

I'm confused.

Was Sala "forever a Bluebird"

Or was Sala never a Bluebird?

Or do you choose whichever of the above suits at any given moment?

😂
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 11:52 - Feb 22 with 1844 viewsexhmrc1

Willie Mckay twice paid for and organised flights in private for Neil Warnock to go over and meet Sala. Be interesting to see how Cardiff can go on about the fatal flight when their manager travelled the same way to try and attract the player. No wonder Cardiff City fear a debate in front of the sky cameras. What's your response Bluey.
Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 12:14 - Feb 22 with 1805 viewsbluey_the_blue

Cardiff Dodgy deals. on 11:52 - Feb 22 by exhmrc1

Willie Mckay twice paid for and organised flights in private for Neil Warnock to go over and meet Sala. Be interesting to see how Cardiff can go on about the fatal flight when their manager travelled the same way to try and attract the player. No wonder Cardiff City fear a debate in front of the sky cameras. What's your response Bluey.

Fear a debate? Good grief, McKay has contradicted himself several times, he's gone down the PR route because he knows full well he's in the sh1t over this one.

The club have fully co-operated with the air investigation, have gone the legal route.

Previous flights are utterly irrelevant. The club organised a commercial flight, player reacted and with aid of McKay ended up on an unsuitable plane with a pilot who should not have been flying in those circumstances based upon evidence in the public domain re his licence.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024