Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea recycling fines 06:51 - Feb 26 with 12798 viewsLord_Bony

Residents of Swansea can now be fined £100 as from today for failing to recycle waste. New patrol officers will be checking black bin bags on collection day.

If any recyclable material is found and that includes food,fines will be issued. They have been trying to get this implemented since 2006.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47360778

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea recycling fines on 13:38 - Mar 5 with 1953 viewsJack123

Bit of a cheek really, issuing fines, I wonder what they would say, if i phoned them up and said, "i'm unhappy with the street cleaning in my street, the litter pickers have left loads behind, if it happens again, you get no council tax for 3 months, my way of fining you."

libera nos a malo

Swansea recycling fines on 15:02 - Mar 5 with 1916 viewsunion_jack

Swansea recycling fines on 13:38 - Mar 5 by Jack123

Bit of a cheek really, issuing fines, I wonder what they would say, if i phoned them up and said, "i'm unhappy with the street cleaning in my street, the litter pickers have left loads behind, if it happens again, you get no council tax for 3 months, my way of fining you."

You don’t wonder what they’d say at all though, do you?😄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:49 - Mar 5 with 1901 viewscymrojack

[Post edited 10 Jun 2021 12:37]

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Swansea recycling fines on 16:05 - Mar 5 with 1894 viewsunion_jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 15:49 - Mar 5 by cymrojack

They’re not going to go into them. They’re going to shake them to see if they can hear recyclable items inside, presumably bottles, cans and possibly hard plastic. You don’t think they’re actually going to get their hands dirty do you?

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:22 - Mar 5 with 1883 viewscymrojack

Swansea recycling fines on 16:05 - Mar 5 by union_jack

They’re not going to go into them. They’re going to shake them to see if they can hear recyclable items inside, presumably bottles, cans and possibly hard plastic. You don’t think they’re actually going to get their hands dirty do you?

Gwynedd & Swansea - Veteran of Morriston Boys Club

Swansea recycling fines on 16:43 - Mar 5 with 1870 viewsunion_jack

(No subject) (n/t) on 16:22 - Mar 5 by cymrojack

No they won’t. They’ll shake them and if they find (hear / feel) anything that should be recycled, they’ll knock on the door of the suspected offender. They’ll be given a warning and if they reoffend they’ll then be fined.

It’s fraught with problems but that’s what they’ve said.

It’s a ploy in all honesty to hit the areas that are not recycling for whatever reason.

Swansea recycling fines on 17:09 - Mar 5 with 1860 viewstheloneranger

This is what the council are using to fine people ...

Section 46 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1990/43/section/46

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea recycling fines on 17:21 - Mar 5 with 1853 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea recycling fines on 17:09 - Mar 5 by theloneranger

This is what the council are using to fine people ...

Section 46 of the Environmental Protection Act 1990

https://www.legislation.gov.uk/ukpga/1990/43/section/46

They would have to take you to court to do that as they have no jurisdiction or power to fine anyone.

I would think it easy to defend against this: bags left out in a public street, anyone could just put something into them without your knowledge, just as anyone could walk up to your front door and push anything through your letter box. There's no actual proof that you put the items there just because the bag is left outside your front gate.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea recycling fines on 17:28 - Mar 5 with 1848 viewstheloneranger

Swansea recycling fines on 17:21 - Mar 5 by controversial_jack

They would have to take you to court to do that as they have no jurisdiction or power to fine anyone.

I would think it easy to defend against this: bags left out in a public street, anyone could just put something into them without your knowledge, just as anyone could walk up to your front door and push anything through your letter box. There's no actual proof that you put the items there just because the bag is left outside your front gate.

There's one way to find out ... Try it out with your black bags.

Swansea recycling fines on 17:42 - Mar 5 with 1839 viewsunion_jack

Swansea recycling fines on 17:21 - Mar 5 by controversial_jack

If there are really no means of identifying the culprit then there’ll be nothing they can do.

They’ll offer a fixed penalty fine I’d imagine. If the person refuses then they’ll seize the bag and if they can be identified beyond all doubt, they’ll take them to court.

I can see all sorts of problems unless the culprit is silly enough to leave id in the bag or hold their hands up. Good luck with that.

Swansea recycling fines on 18:49 - Mar 5 with 1810 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea recycling fines on 17:28 - Mar 5 by theloneranger

There's one way to find out ... Try it out with your black bags.

They don't collect bags in NPT
Swansea recycling fines on 22:46 - Mar 6 with 1720 viewsPentyrchJack

What happens if a naughty neighbour puts their black bags with banned waste outside your house?

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Swansea recycling fines on 22:55 - Mar 6 with 1714 viewsraynor94

Swansea recycling fines on 22:46 - Mar 6 by PentyrchJack

What happens if a naughty neighbour puts their black bags with banned waste outside your house?

Students did it by me, they soon had them back!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea recycling fines on 00:26 - Mar 7 with 1691 viewstheloneranger

Swansea recycling fines on 18:49 - Mar 5 by controversial_jack

They don't collect bags in NPT

They do if you haven't got the new wheeled bin. 3 black bags are allowed for collection.

Swansea recycling fines on 20:10 - Mar 7 with 1621 viewsSkettyJack

Swansea recycling fines on 22:46 - Mar 6 by PentyrchJack

Only time my neighbour sits in his front room is on bin day. No tomfoolery on my street. Neighbourhood watch mun
Swansea recycling fines on 11:46 - Mar 8 with 1552 viewscostalotta

Swansea recycling fines on 17:42 - Mar 5 by union_jack

If there are really no means of identifying the culprit then there’ll be nothing they can do.

They’ll offer a fixed penalty fine I’d imagine. If the person refuses then they’ll seize the bag and if they can be identified beyond all doubt, they’ll take them to court.

I can see all sorts of problems unless the culprit is silly enough to leave id in the bag or hold their hands up. Good luck with that.

Problem with is they’ll have been evidence tampering turning the evidence into non evidenc. Plus...who’s to say you definitely put it in th bag. It would be very difficult to,prove beyond doubt. It’s a scare tactic. But.. at the end of the day we should be recycling anyway so only those who don’t will be at risk.
Swansea recycling fines on 21:50 - Mar 8 with 1505 viewsAndy1300

Swansea recycling fines on 11:46 - Mar 8 by costalotta

Problem with is they’ll have been evidence tampering turning the evidence into non evidenc. Plus...who’s to say you definitely put it in th bag. It would be very difficult to,prove beyond doubt. It’s a scare tactic. But.. at the end of the day we should be recycling anyway so only those who don’t will be at risk.

Got in from work this evening to a letter from the rubbish gestapo.

Now we put 1 bag, well half a black bag out a fortnight, only 2 of us at home.

We recycle everything.

I don't see how they can say that we had recyclables in our black bag.

Unless someone watched me go to work and dumped an extra bag outside ours as we only had the 1

This is going to cause riots

Number 1 team in Wales

Swansea recycling fines on 23:15 - Mar 8 with 1472 viewsJack123

Swansea recycling fines on 21:50 - Mar 8 by Andy1300

Got in from work this evening to a letter from the rubbish gestapo.

Now we put 1 bag, well half a black bag out a fortnight, only 2 of us at home.

We recycle everything.

I don't see how they can say that we had recyclables in our black bag.

Unless someone watched me go to work and dumped an extra bag outside ours as we only had the 1

This is going to cause riots

What did the letter say? And did they leave the offending black bag behind?

libera nos a malo

Swansea recycling fines on 13:15 - Mar 9 with 1405 viewsAndy1300

Swansea recycling fines on 23:15 - Mar 8 by Jack123

What did the letter say? And did they leave the offending black bag behind?

It says,

Thank you for your efforts in using the kerbside recycling service to help us reduce waste.
We understand how much effort it takes to recycle and it is much appreciated, although have noticed that there are still some recyclables in your black bags.

This weeks black bags contained.... then there were 6 boxes to tick to say what was in the bag.

if you require any assistance advice from our recycling team, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01792 635600.

Number 1 team in Wales

Swansea recycling fines on 13:43 - Mar 9 with 1388 viewsunion_jack

Swansea recycling fines on 13:15 - Mar 9 by Andy1300

It says,

Thank you for your efforts in using the kerbside recycling service to help us reduce waste.
We understand how much effort it takes to recycle and it is much appreciated, although have noticed that there are still some recyclables in your black bags.

This weeks black bags contained.... then there were 6 boxes to tick to say what was in the bag.

if you require any assistance advice from our recycling team, please do not hesitate to contact us on 01792 635600.

And they weren’t your items??

Swansea recycling fines on 13:46 - Mar 9 with 1382 viewsAndy1300

Swansea recycling fines on 13:43 - Mar 9 by union_jack

And they weren’t your items??

Must have been a bag left outside ours, we recycle everything that can be

Number 1 team in Wales

Swansea recycling fines on 17:54 - Mar 9 with 1343 viewsJack123

Swansea recycling fines on 13:15 - Mar 9 by Andy1300

It says,

I hope you phoned them! Strange way they do things, I'm assuming they took away the black bag, quite surprised by that, because it seem's their policy with plastic waste is to leave the lot behind, if there in one offending article, happened to my neighbour the other day, they had a full pink sack full of plastic, but the bin men left it there, because they had put one carrier bag in there,

libera nos a malo

Swansea recycling fines on 18:31 - Mar 9 with 1329 viewsraynor94

Swansea recycling fines on 17:54 - Mar 9 by Jack123

I hope you phoned them! Strange way they do things, I'm assuming they took away the black bag, quite surprised by that, because it seem's their policy with plastic waste is to leave the lot behind, if there in one offending article, happened to my neighbour the other day, they had a full pink sack full of plastic, but the bin men left it there, because they had put one carrier bag in there,

Right enough too, is it that hard to recycle

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea recycling fines on 18:38 - Mar 9 with 1325 viewsAndy1300

Swansea recycling fines on 18:31 - Mar 9 by raynor94

Right enough too, is it that hard to recycle

I guess if there are kids in the house, you can't watch what they put in the bin 24/7

Number 1 team in Wales

Swansea recycling fines on 18:40 - Mar 9 with 1320 viewsAndy1300

Swansea recycling fines on 17:54 - Mar 9 by Jack123

It was too late when I got home.

The street was empty of black bags.

I walk the dog before I leave for work and saw 2 council guys in our street checking bags, they even saw me put our food waste bin out and said good morning to me.

Number 1 team in Wales

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024