Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea recycling fines 06:51 - Feb 26 with 12796 viewsLord_Bony

Residents of Swansea can now be fined £100 as from today for failing to recycle waste. New patrol officers will be checking black bin bags on collection day.

If any recyclable material is found and that includes food,fines will be issued. They have been trying to get this implemented since 2006.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-47360778

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea recycling fines on 13:42 - Feb 26 with 2388 viewsraynor94

Swansea recycling fines on 10:43 - Feb 26 by controversial_jack

Three in this household - most of the time, and my plastics container is literally full every week - as most items come in plastic We don't have a compost heap, because we only have a lawn and patio.The food container is full in no time. Do a cooked dinner; with the veg and potato peelings, a chicken carcass and the thing is full, it's totally inadequate

Just put 2 food bins out, simple!

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea recycling fines on 14:04 - Feb 26 with 2366 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea recycling fines on 13:42 - Feb 26 by raynor94

Just put 2 food bins out, simple!

That's just for one meal.Do that every day and it soon proves inadequate, and especially if there's a big household
Swansea recycling fines on 14:24 - Feb 26 with 2353 viewstheloneranger

Swansea recycling fines on 11:52 - Feb 26 by controversial_jack

They don't allow black bags in many places

They don't allow black bags anywhere other than Llansamlet baling plant.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea recycling fines on 14:34 - Feb 26 with 2346 viewsraynor94

Swansea recycling fines on 14:04 - Feb 26 by controversial_jack

That's just for one meal.Do that every day and it soon proves inadequate, and especially if there's a big household

Put 3 bins out then! You are saying two bins aren't enough to take 7 days of peelings, as if you have a cooked dinner every day

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Swansea recycling fines on 15:24 - Feb 26 with 2324 viewsunion_jack

Swansea recycling fines on 11:52 - Feb 26 by controversial_jack

They don't allow black bags in many places

Kerbside collection I’m talking about. Where wont they pick up black bags?

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea recycling fines on 15:27 - Feb 26 with 2323 viewsLohengrin

Swansea recycling fines on 08:48 - Feb 26 by raynor94

Take a family of four, if they recycle properly, 3 bags are more than sufficient, what are people actually putting in black bags?

Dog shit by the hundredweight.

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Swansea recycling fines on 15:53 - Feb 26 with 2306 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea recycling fines on 14:34 - Feb 26 by raynor94

Put 3 bins out then! You are saying two bins aren't enough to take 7 days of peelings, as if you have a cooked dinner every day

Not just peelings, it's any waste too. A chicken carcass will take up a lot of room.They need to make the food bags much bigger
Swansea recycling fines on 15:55 - Feb 26 with 2302 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea recycling fines on 14:24 - Feb 26 by theloneranger

They don't allow black bags anywhere other than Llansamlet baling plant.

Neath Port Talbot they do, but the contents have to be searched and separated. It's like shall we check that you haven't been a naughty boy and put something in here that you shouldn't
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea recycling fines on 15:57 - Feb 26 with 2302 viewsLuther27

Been use to this in Neath for a few years now. Thing is where does our recycle go? China now refuse to take it also Turkey where a lot of plastic was incinerated. Apparently incinerators in the UK don’t burn hot enough.... or are the wrong type ??? So.... what happens to it?
Swansea recycling fines on 16:01 - Feb 26 with 2296 viewsCountyJim

We now have smaller wheelie bins in Newport plus plastic tin glass cardboard and food waste bins

Recycled waste is picked up weekly the landfill waste fortnightly which in our case is not even half full

You can see the people that don't make an effort my concern is that they will put waste in others bins
Swansea recycling fines on 18:27 - Feb 26 with 2241 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea recycling fines on 16:01 - Feb 26 by CountyJim

We now have smaller wheelie bins in Newport plus plastic tin glass cardboard and food waste bins

Recycled waste is picked up weekly the landfill waste fortnightly which in our case is not even half full

You can see the people that don't make an effort my concern is that they will put waste in others bins

We have exactly that in NPT, but my bins are usually full near collection time
Swansea recycling fines on 06:21 - Feb 27 with 2123 viewsDr_Winston

Swansea recycling fines on 10:57 - Feb 26 by costalotta

Collections within a few years will most likely be a paid service for those not not on benefits. It’s been heading that way for a few years now and doing slowly no one will notice.

Family of 4 here and we managed fine to be honest but the first recycling under the new system we’d filled the plastics sack within a week. To make things better / easier we’ve now got a system here at home where we compress soft plastics and put inside a plastic container or similar. Its surprising how much soft plastic you can get inside a tied plastic bread bag for example.

Collections are already a paid service for those not on benefits. It's called council tax.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Swansea recycling fines on 06:54 - Feb 27 with 2112 viewsAndy1300

One of the things that baffles me is incontinence pads, We have a disabled daughter who has to use them.

They used to be collected every week by a guy in a pick-up, taken to Morriston hospital and incinerated.

They are now collected on the same day as black bags and thrown in with the black bags.

Not very good for landfill.

The following is from the council website-

https://www.swansea.gov.uk/keepitto3exemptions

Nappies. This waste can be recycled and should be disposed of in our special purple bags. They are collected every two weeks as part of our hygiene waste service.

It makes a mockery of the councils rules.

I emailed them about the issue with them going in with black bags but never had a reply.

Why should residents follow the rules if they don't?

Number 1 team in Wales

Swansea recycling fines on 07:23 - Feb 27 with 2091 viewswaynekerr55

Serious question; how are they allowed to fine people? Won't there be a challenge in the courts

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swansea recycling fines on 08:01 - Feb 27 with 2070 viewsLord_Bony

Swansea recycling fines on 07:23 - Feb 27 by waynekerr55

Serious question; how are they allowed to fine people? Won't there be a challenge in the courts

I would imagine the courts will be sympathetic to the council.

If a warden finds for example cardboard or food waste in your black bag it will be photographed and used as evidence.

Or the shitty nappy presented in court possibly.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Swansea recycling fines on 08:06 - Feb 27 with 2059 viewsMuteswan

Swansea recycling fines on 10:43 - Feb 26 by controversial_jack

Three in this household - most of the time, and my plastics container is literally full every week - as most items come in plastic We don't have a compost heap, because we only have a lawn and patio.The food container is full in no time. Do a cooked dinner; with the veg and potato peelings, a chicken carcass and the thing is full, it's totally inadequate

You can get more containers from the council.
https://www.swansea.gov.uk/requestmorebags
Swansea recycling fines on 08:43 - Feb 27 with 2033 viewsCountyJim

Swansea recycling fines on 08:06 - Feb 27 by Muteswan

You can get more containers from the council.
https://www.swansea.gov.uk/requestmorebags

I always put our peelings into Garden waste bin they say you shouldn't but people can put rotten veg from their gardens so why not peelings

Just cover it with cuttings
Swansea recycling fines on 10:47 - Feb 27 with 1975 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea recycling fines on 15:24 - Feb 26 by union_jack

Kerbside collection I’m talking about. Where wont they pick up black bags?

NPT don't, but don't quote me
Swansea recycling fines on 10:50 - Feb 27 with 1972 viewscontroversial_jack

Swansea recycling fines on 07:23 - Feb 27 by waynekerr55

I didn't put it there, maybe one of the neighbours did or a passer by. Does the council have proof that i put it there?
Swansea recycling fines on 11:44 - Feb 27 with 1967 viewsCountyJim

I can remember the days before wheelie bins we had to put bleach on black bags it was the only way to stop animals ripping them open
Swansea recycling fines on 05:07 - Mar 4 with 1744 viewssatrdayboy

Quite right. Most of what goes in our black bags is plastic packaging that can’t be recycled.
Swansea recycling fines on 13:11 - Mar 5 with 1598 viewsSwansea93

How can they issue fines being certain they are your black bags? I've seen people put black bags outside someome else's household many of times.

Poll: Can Montero do it on a rainy Saturday afternoon?

Swansea recycling fines on 13:15 - Mar 5 with 1594 viewsunion_jack

Swansea recycling fines on 13:11 - Mar 5 by Swansea93

How can they issue fines being certain they are your black bags? I've seen people put black bags outside someome else's household many of times.

And this is likely to happen more now!

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

Swansea recycling fines on 13:30 - Mar 5 with 1582 viewswaynekerr55

Swansea recycling fines on 13:11 - Mar 5 by Swansea93

Methinks this is a cynical ploy to plug gaps in central government funding...

Surely the technology exists for waste to be incinerated to power housing estates?

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Swansea recycling fines on 13:30 - Mar 5 with 1582 viewsBanosswan

Swansea recycling fines on 10:47 - Feb 27 by controversial_jack

NPT don't, but don't quote me

No they don't. The last but one collection (I think) was the last one where you could have one bag next to the bin.

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024