Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? 07:14 - Mar 29 with 7122 viewsSgorioFruit

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU???

Your Vote:

You need to be logged in to vote on our site polls

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 16:30 - Apr 2 with 807 viewslondonlisa2001

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 16:22 - Apr 2 by Highjack

The reputation of our nation is so terrible that millions of people from around the world are risking life and limb to try and get here.

‘We’re not as bad as Syria’ is quite the marketing slogan.

Up there with ‘we managed during the war’.

So much for the sunny uplands.
An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 16:53 - Apr 2 with 786 viewsHighjack

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 16:30 - Apr 2 by londonlisa2001

‘We’re not as bad as Syria’ is quite the marketing slogan.

Up there with ‘we managed during the war’.

So much for the sunny uplands.

Who mentioned Syria?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 16:58 - Apr 2 with 777 viewsBatterseajack

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 16:53 - Apr 2 by Highjack

Who mentioned Syria?

We're worse than Syria?
An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 17:05 - Apr 2 with 772 viewsHighjack

The rosslare to Fishguard ferry can get quite choppy this time of year.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 17:39 - Apr 2 with 753 viewscostalotta

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 16:22 - Apr 2 by Highjack

The reputation of our nation is so terrible that millions of people from around the world are risking life and limb to try and get here.

Come on HJ, Politically speaking. You can’t deny this whole episode is a mess and you can’t say that our standing is in a good place right now? It simply isn’t.

Our government is not fit for purpose. And MPs entrenched, especially the tories. Our country divided. There’s no strong and stable government! There’s no certainty. We’re haemorrhaging good will.
An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 20:48 - Apr 2 with 734 viewsvalleyboy

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 09:31 - Apr 2 by costalotta

Young people are uneducated. Hmmm. Some are. I’m a parent and I can relate in some ways to that. However, there’s a tinge of nostalgia and ignorance that comes with that. It’s just a different time old timer. They're educated in different ways and as I employ and work with mainly educated and younger people I do have disagree with what you say. In my experience, they bring new ideas, new thinking.

Young people have no ambition? Errrr. Ok.

War... did our soldiers run away in Iraq or Afghanistan? They weren’t 40/40/60/70 year olds were they. Your a complete and utter disgrace if that’s what you think.

You have to be happy with it, like I’d imagine most are...as it’s their reference point.

Kids have always been the same but again some are ignorant, but then, I’d blame the parents.
[Post edited 2 Apr 2019 15:12]

“They are educated in a different way”

When they can’t do simple maths

So much for this modern way of teaching

I used to and still do some work for a Japanese Company

One of the idiosyncrasy of working for them. Was that managers were asked to get involved in the interviewing of possible new employees

The people looking for employment were given a form to fill in and then asked to hand it in for us to look at

Remembering that all of the people interviewed had been given at least 13 years free education. I really felt sorry for them that they had wasted the most important part of their life in wasting in what they were given

If that is the result of this modern way of educating people, it’s no wonder that Wales are bottom of the U.K. table in education

I have a grandson whose 9 and I have worked with him in the way I was taught in arithmetic and my wife works with him on his spelling and grammar like she was taught in the local Grammar School. His mother works with him as well

Is it just a coincidence that he is way ahead of other pupils in his class. just by being taught as we were taught all those years ago

How many of children of his age knows the tables

It’s not only children that don’t know them, but a hell of a lot of adults don’t know as well
An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 08:30 - Apr 3 with 664 viewscostalotta

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 20:48 - Apr 2 by valleyboy

“They are educated in a different way”

When they can’t do simple maths

So much for this modern way of teaching

I used to and still do some work for a Japanese Company

One of the idiosyncrasy of working for them. Was that managers were asked to get involved in the interviewing of possible new employees

The people looking for employment were given a form to fill in and then asked to hand it in for us to look at

Remembering that all of the people interviewed had been given at least 13 years free education. I really felt sorry for them that they had wasted the most important part of their life in wasting in what they were given

If that is the result of this modern way of educating people, it’s no wonder that Wales are bottom of the U.K. table in education

I have a grandson whose 9 and I have worked with him in the way I was taught in arithmetic and my wife works with him on his spelling and grammar like she was taught in the local Grammar School. His mother works with him as well

Is it just a coincidence that he is way ahead of other pupils in his class. just by being taught as we were taught all those years ago

How many of children of his age knows the tables

It’s not only children that don’t know them, but a hell of a lot of adults don’t know as well

You make some good interesting points but i would say that there have always been kids who can't do simple maths and grown ups who don't know their tables. And then, there are those who don't need tables, but its a method thats important.

What i mean is, the audience has always been the same. I will agree with you on one thing though, the education system in Wales has been in decline and that is firmly at the feet of the WAG. Some kids are clever, some not so clever and have to work harder. Bigger classrooms doesn't help this. Spending time on not so important subjects doesn't help this either. Going to annoy a few now, but i think in wales we should spend more time on Maths, Technologies & Sciences and English and less time on Welsh language etc.

As for the comment about helping your grand kids, i admire that. But there are many that don't along who parents that don't.
An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 11:13 - Apr 3 with 618 viewsvalleyboy

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 08:30 - Apr 3 by costalotta

You make some good interesting points but i would say that there have always been kids who can't do simple maths and grown ups who don't know their tables. And then, there are those who don't need tables, but its a method thats important.

What i mean is, the audience has always been the same. I will agree with you on one thing though, the education system in Wales has been in decline and that is firmly at the feet of the WAG. Some kids are clever, some not so clever and have to work harder. Bigger classrooms doesn't help this. Spending time on not so important subjects doesn't help this either. Going to annoy a few now, but i think in wales we should spend more time on Maths, Technologies & Sciences and English and less time on Welsh language etc.

As for the comment about helping your grand kids, i admire that. But there are many that don't along who parents that don't.

I would tell any kid in school today to concentrate on 3 or 4 subjects and forget the rest

I’ll leave you to guess which ones

In the not too distant future. There will be little work for anyone that hasn’t a decent education, especially with AI entering the arena

If you see what’s happening in China. With so many of their youngsters going in for science, engineering degrees or of that nature. It will frighten the pants off people here trying to run a buisness. It’s slready freighting my Japanese colleges in what they see going on over there

Even now there’s a hell of a shortage of engineers in the U.K. And when talking to a father, whose son has joined the Navy as a commission officer. He was telling me that the Navy pays an Engineering Commisioned Officer £27k more than someone of a similar ranking

And yet we still have industries dictated to by unions

For example. Let’s say if a motor goes down on a machine. An electrician goes there to disconnect the electrics, calls for the mechanical person to disconnect it mechanically and then even calls for someone to take it back to the workshop

And that’s what’s happening even now at Fords in Bridgend

That company will be gone within a year if not sooner, and that will be nothing to do with Brexit, but Brexit will get the blame
Login to get fewer ads

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 13:51 - Apr 3 with 595 viewscostalotta

When i had my house built the Groundworkers prepared the ground. they called the brick layers to build the footings, plinth and shell. They then called the chippies to put the roof truces on. They then called the roofers to finish the roof. Roofers called the sparkies and plumbers for first fix and on it goes.
An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 14:37 - Apr 3 with 590 viewsvalleyboy

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 13:51 - Apr 3 by costalotta

When i had my house built the Groundworkers prepared the ground. they called the brick layers to build the footings, plinth and shell. They then called the chippies to put the roof truces on. They then called the roofers to finish the roof. Roofers called the sparkies and plumbers for first fix and on it goes.

When I built my house

I didn’t have to call any of them

I did the work myself

The point I was making. That these days if you want to compete with the likes of the US, Germany, Japan and certainly these days China

Maintence engineers must be multiple discipline and 1 Man should have been able to do that job himself

If I Remember rightly

Did you not say you were in buisness and working with educated skilled people

When is the buisness going to close if you follow something in the line of what you have just said

I can name many businesses that have shut following those lines
An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 14:58 - Apr 3 with 588 viewscostalotta

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 14:37 - Apr 3 by valleyboy

When I built my house

I didn’t have to call any of them

I did the work myself

The point I was making. That these days if you want to compete with the likes of the US, Germany, Japan and certainly these days China

Maintence engineers must be multiple discipline and 1 Man should have been able to do that job himself

If I Remember rightly

Did you not say you were in buisness and working with educated skilled people

When is the buisness going to close if you follow something in the line of what you have just said

I can name many businesses that have shut following those lines

Congratulations. Thats admirable...to build ones own house!

Yes i do and they're multi skilled as you do suggest. But i wouldn't use a c developer (who can also develop in C++ and other OO langs) to run a SE pen test. They are both IT professionals. Certified but a different disciplines.

It obviously helps to have more skills but i'd rather experts than those who spread themselves too thin and are a master of none.

Would you use Leigh Halfpenny in as Centre half for Cardiff tonight playing Man City? They are both sports professionals.
An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 16:33 - Apr 3 with 569 viewsvalleyboy

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 14:58 - Apr 3 by costalotta

Yes i do and they're multi skilled as you do suggest. But i wouldn't use a c developer (who can also develop in C++ and other OO langs) to run a SE pen test. They are both IT professionals. Certified but a different disciplines.

It obviously helps to have more skills but i'd rather experts than those who spread themselves too thin and are a master of none.

Would you use Leigh Halfpenny in as Centre half for Cardiff tonight playing Man City? They are both sports professionals.

Now you are using arguments that are not fit for purpose

Nobody in their right mind would use a maintenance person as a multi discipline engineer if he was not properly trained

In industry these days you could be asking them to work on 410 volts 3 phase and 3000 atmospheres in hydraulics

These primary drivers could kill you and possibly people around you if you didn’t know what you were doing

Funny you should be talking about IT people. As I used to know someone that worked for some big bank up there in the smoke. That used to post regularly on the SCF2 site and possibly on here as well. That brought the whole banking system down a few years ago when he intoduced some new software on their system

Said that he should have trialed it first before putting it live

Not working as a software developer any more. But went and studied Law, although he had a first cllas honours degree in Electrical Engineering ftprom a top university

Always kept telling him he should have stayed in Engineering
An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 16:35 - Apr 3 with 568 viewsbluey_the_blue

An Independent Wales but stay in the EU??? on 14:58 - Apr 3 by costalotta

If Halfpenny could fvck up Aguero, why not?

I do like your argument against DevOps.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024