Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... 11:04 - Apr 28 with 4645 viewstheloneranger

"Swansea City owners' message on future investment as club's full accounts are released"

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/swansea-city-owners-m

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 22:56 - Apr 28 with 1165 viewsBadlands

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:16 - Apr 28 by IAN05

Initially staff finding out from other staff members, unwillingness from anyone to answer questions or even meet with those affected. Looking for any technicality possible to offer a lower settlement to the point where some staff have decided to leave out of principle.

Having been through redundancies and had the gut wrenching task of administrating redundancies I am sure everyone was / is emotionally drained but there are a few things that don't add up in what you wrote.

In any organisation some people know what is about to happen before others - usually secretarial and although that information should not be leaked it almost always is - blame the gossips not the board.

As I read it, everyone was given the same general information at the same time and it followed standard redundancy practice. The wording of the letter strongly suggested no details had been worked out and all options were on the table - given the timing it was almost certainly pre-empting the arrival of Birch and the meltdown the gossips would have caused given his history.

As no one had been identified, nor had any specific jobs been mentioned, and a new man was coming in who would talk to anyone with any purpose.

No idea what technicalities are in play but redundancy is a clearly defined process, an attempt to undermine agreements should have unions al over the club.

Voluntary redundancies are usually given better terms than is legally required as it negates difficult and upsetting redundancy procedures with friends competing against each other often for their 'own job'. It can also reduce the consultation period and give the club more time to reorganise.
Any redundancies that are not voluntary will have to have been specifically identified. As the redundancy notice was general I can't see how the process could have been started yet!

'There's no time limit for how long the period of consultation should be, but the minimum is: 20 to 99 redundancies - the consultation must start at least 30 days before any dismissals take effect. 100 or more redundancies - the consultation must start at least 45 days before any dismissals take effect.'
The club must have a fairly rigid plan as to what jobs are required in future and the numbers required to fulfil them as different number require different consultation periods.
Has that information bee published / given to hose who are affected?
Has consultation period been started?

Who has left? And who has advised them?
Leaving a job out of principle while it is possible to become redundant is utterly stupid, unless you have something else to walk into or have plenty of funds.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 00:53 - Apr 29 with 1066 viewsNotLoyal

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 13:41 - Apr 28 by Joe_bradshaw

Indeed they do. My mate’s son works for an agency who supply kids for the Liberty, Cardiff City Stadium and the Principality Stadium. He’s worked in all three.

So are they classed as employees then ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 00:56 - Apr 29 with 1062 viewsNotLoyal

Why does that piece of shit rag refer to these two piss flaps as owners ?
Do they know fck all ?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 08:54 - Apr 29 with 937 viewsIAN05

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 22:56 - Apr 28 by Badlands

Having been through redundancies and had the gut wrenching task of administrating redundancies I am sure everyone was / is emotionally drained but there are a few things that don't add up in what you wrote.

In any organisation some people know what is about to happen before others - usually secretarial and although that information should not be leaked it almost always is - blame the gossips not the board.

As I read it, everyone was given the same general information at the same time and it followed standard redundancy practice. The wording of the letter strongly suggested no details had been worked out and all options were on the table - given the timing it was almost certainly pre-empting the arrival of Birch and the meltdown the gossips would have caused given his history.

As no one had been identified, nor had any specific jobs been mentioned, and a new man was coming in who would talk to anyone with any purpose.

No idea what technicalities are in play but redundancy is a clearly defined process, an attempt to undermine agreements should have unions al over the club.

Voluntary redundancies are usually given better terms than is legally required as it negates difficult and upsetting redundancy procedures with friends competing against each other often for their 'own job'. It can also reduce the consultation period and give the club more time to reorganise.
Any redundancies that are not voluntary will have to have been specifically identified. As the redundancy notice was general I can't see how the process could have been started yet!

'There's no time limit for how long the period of consultation should be, but the minimum is: 20 to 99 redundancies - the consultation must start at least 30 days before any dismissals take effect. 100 or more redundancies - the consultation must start at least 45 days before any dismissals take effect.'
The club must have a fairly rigid plan as to what jobs are required in future and the numbers required to fulfil them as different number require different consultation periods.
Has that information bee published / given to hose who are affected?
Has consultation period been started?

Who has left? And who has advised them?
Leaving a job out of principle while it is possible to become redundant is utterly stupid, unless you have something else to walk into or have plenty of funds.

The boxes have been ticked, no doubt. The lack of empathy shown and the attempt to wriggle out of responsibilities by the club is very unfair on loyal people.

The information you share on here clearly shows you are close to someone at the club hierarchy or the sellers so you will naturally think you their treatment is fine. Let's be Fair our record of the way we treat people is pretty poor.
Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 11:25 - Apr 29 with 857 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 13:41 - Apr 28 by Joe_bradshaw

Indeed they do. My mate’s son works for an agency who supply kids for the Liberty, Cardiff City Stadium and the Principality Stadium. He’s worked in all three.

If they are agency, then they don't count towards the 409 right?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 11:26 - Apr 29 with 855 viewsjackrmee

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 21:50 - Apr 28 by Swanjaxs

Fair enough mate, thing is I know it to be true, a very good friend of mine left two weeks ago with her head held high, went without a penny after 8 years service she's got a couple of irons in the fire you'll be glad to know... I could pm you her name if you want? ... not

How come no redundancy wedge?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 11:28 - Apr 29 with 850 viewsJoe_bradshaw

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 11:25 - Apr 29 by jackrmee

If they are agency, then they don't count towards the 409 right?

No, I’m fairly sure they don’t.

Planet Swans Prediction League Winner Season 2013-14. Runner up 2014_15.
Poll: How many points clear of relegation will we be on Saturday night?

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 12:24 - Apr 29 with 805 viewsjasper_T

Temp agency hires go on the payroll, works contracted out (like catering) don't.
Login to get fewer ads

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 12:32 - Apr 29 with 799 viewsSwanjaxs

Swansea City owners' message on future investment ... on 11:26 - Apr 29 by jackrmee

How come no redundancy wedge?

Started a new job today, she was telling me the atmosphere is awful down there

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024