Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Gavin Williamson 17:58 - May 1 with 4112 viewsBrynmill_Jack

..........should just go away and shut ooop.
Huwawei? Jackarmy!

Each time I go to Bedd - au........................

Gavin Williamson on 13:58 - May 2 with 954 viewslondonlisa2001

Gavin Williamson on 13:53 - May 2 by Highjack

How many 10 year olds swear on their children’s lives?

People stop swearing on anyone’s lives once they reach that age unless they are severely stunted.
Gavin Williamson on 14:03 - May 2 with 944 viewslondonlisa2001

Gavin Williamson on 13:56 - May 2 by bluey_the_blue

Didn't have you as one of the tin foil brigade ;)

Jess Phillips? No motivation on her part to play it up, eh?

Now, is there no other credible explanation of the leak or was no other credible explanation presented to May? There's a difference there.

Now, he may have leaked. He may not have leaked. Given it was NSC stuff, clearly there's a view OSA was broken - so why no complaint to police?

I hope the Met take on board Jo Swinson's complaint, if she has indeed made one. If Williamson leaked and broke OSA, he should be prosecuted. If Sedwill performed a slapdash investigation to settle a score, then that could well be the thing that brings May down.

It’s you that is being all tin foil about it.

Why on earth do you assume a slapdash investigation? It’s been stated today that the evidence she’s been presented with probably can’t be used by the police. Doesn’t means it’s slapdash.

And there’s no motivation for Jess Phillips to play it up, it’s one of the senior Tories whatever. It doesn’t matter to Labour which one. The fact that there are members of the NSC that leak to journalists is shocking.

You can’t continue to defend them Bluey. It’s insanity to do so.
Gavin Williamson on 14:06 - May 2 with 937 viewsHighjack

Gavin Williamson on 14:03 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

Why on earth do you assume a slapdash investigation? It’s been stated today that the evidence she’s been presented with probably can’t be used by the police. Doesn’t means it’s slapdash.

And there’s no motivation for Jess Phillips to play it up, it’s one of the senior Tories whatever. It doesn’t matter to Labour which one. The fact that there are members of the NSC that leak to journalists is shocking.

Why can’t the police use the evidence?

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Gavin Williamson on 14:10 - May 2 with 933 viewslondonlisa2001

Gavin Williamson on 14:06 - May 2 by Highjack

Why can’t the police use the evidence?

The inference from the discussions about it are that it’s intercepted communication evidence and therefore inadmissible.
Gavin Williamson on 14:12 - May 2 with 929 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 14:03 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

The investigation was held incredibly quickly. Remarkably quickly some would say. It appears as if WIlliamson refused to co-operate; again, it there was animosity between him and Sedwill as some have claimed, that's understandable.

What is needed is a fully independent investigation into the leak.

Jess Phillips is of course playing it up. Someone close to May been fingered over this, it's party political on her part. Claiming she knew Williamson had leaked before - how would she have known that? Does she have evidence that she's herself sat on?

As I've said, I'd want an independent investigation, not a "you didn't co-operate so had to have been you" effort. I've worked in the defence industry on systems that have tangentially fed into Five Eyes. I remember the endless reams of paperwork required to fill in prior to starting that gig.

Whilst I suspect some members of the Five Eyes aren't too unhappy with what was leaked, the fact remains the leak was serious enough to demand a police investigation. You can't claim "oh, Sedwill didn't find a smoking gun". That's NOT his job.

The fact number 10 have failed to report this stinks to high heaven.

If Williamson did leak, then he should be prosecuted.
If this was a hatchet job by Sedwill then he and by association May must go.

The way it's been left right now is an attempt to sweep it under the carpet.
Gavin Williamson on 14:14 - May 2 with 922 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 14:10 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

The inference from the discussions about it are that it’s intercepted communication evidence and therefore inadmissible.

That's however an inference that could well be incorrect under these circumstances.

Regardless, that's irrelevant even if true. You report it, let the authorities find appropriate evidence using legal means and tools they have that Sedwill doesn't.
Gavin Williamson on 14:15 - May 2 with 918 viewsHighjack

Gavin Williamson on 14:10 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

So if the police intercept communications between two members of a Jihad cell planning an attack they won’t be able to use it as evidence?

If this guy has broken the law he should be punished.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.

Gavin Williamson on 14:16 - May 2 with 914 viewsHighjack

Gavin Williamson on 14:12 - May 2 by bluey_the_blue

The investigation was held incredibly quickly. Remarkably quickly some would say. It appears as if WIlliamson refused to co-operate; again, it there was animosity between him and Sedwill as some have claimed, that's understandable.

What is needed is a fully independent investigation into the leak.

Jess Phillips is of course playing it up. Someone close to May been fingered over this, it's party political on her part. Claiming she knew Williamson had leaked before - how would she have known that? Does she have evidence that she's herself sat on?

As I've said, I'd want an independent investigation, not a "you didn't co-operate so had to have been you" effort. I've worked in the defence industry on systems that have tangentially fed into Five Eyes. I remember the endless reams of paperwork required to fill in prior to starting that gig.

Whilst I suspect some members of the Five Eyes aren't too unhappy with what was leaked, the fact remains the leak was serious enough to demand a police investigation. You can't claim "oh, Sedwill didn't find a smoking gun". That's NOT his job.

The fact number 10 have failed to report this stinks to high heaven.

If Williamson did leak, then he should be prosecuted.
If this was a hatchet job by Sedwill then he and by association May must go.

The way it's been left right now is an attempt to sweep it under the carpet.

The words Jess Phillips, May, fingered and leak should never appear together under any circumstances.

Login to get fewer ads

Gavin Williamson on 14:17 - May 2 with 910 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 14:15 - May 2 by Highjack

So if the police intercept communications between two members of a Jihad cell planning an attack they won’t be able to use it as evidence?

If this guy has broken the law he should be punished.

The laws around interception of communications are incredibly strict, incredibly limited.
[Post edited 2 May 2019 14:18]
Gavin Williamson on 14:17 - May 2 with 909 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 14:16 - May 2 by Highjack

The words Jess Phillips, May, fingered and leak should never appear together under any circumstances.

You sir have won the internet.
Gavin Williamson on 14:34 - May 2 with 890 viewsHighjack

Gavin Williamson on 14:17 - May 2 by bluey_the_blue

The laws around interception of communications are incredibly strict, incredibly limited.
[Post edited 2 May 2019 14:18]

Yet those laws allow people to listen in on the Defence Secretary’s private communications apparently.

Who else in government is being tapped? Does May have access to all her cabinets private communications? Are they all being secretly recorded to test out their loyalty? Time for some tinfoil hattery methinks.

Gavin Williamson on 14:36 - May 2 with 889 viewsbluey_the_blue

Sedwill has been cabinet secretary since June 2018.

During that time, the cabinet has leaked more than the Titanic.

I'm not particularly convinced his super sleuthing skills are all that.
Gavin Williamson on 14:40 - May 2 with 884 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 14:34 - May 2 by Highjack

Yet those laws allow people to listen in on the Defence Secretary’s private communications apparently.

Who else in government is being tapped? Does May have access to all her cabinets private communications? Are they all being secretly recorded to test out their loyalty? Time for some tinfoil hattery methinks.

Do those laws allow that?

Is that what happened?

Now, even if that "compelling evidence" wasn't admissable in a court of law, that doesn't mean it should be hidden and not reported to police. It could easily be handed over and form a part of the basis for a real investigation, where admissable evidence could be found using powers and tools Sedwill does not have.

The fact that's not happened is interesting, it's also interesting some think Tories wouldn't stab other Tories in the back.
Gavin Williamson on 14:44 - May 2 with 880 viewslondonlisa2001

Gavin Williamson on 14:40 - May 2 by bluey_the_blue

Do those laws allow that?

Is that what happened?

Now, even if that "compelling evidence" wasn't admissable in a court of law, that doesn't mean it should be hidden and not reported to police. It could easily be handed over and form a part of the basis for a real investigation, where admissable evidence could be found using powers and tools Sedwill does not have.

The fact that's not happened is interesting, it's also interesting some think Tories wouldn't stab other Tories in the back.

Tools Sedwill doesn’t have?

He’s the National Security Advisor. You think the police have access to ‘tools’ he doesn’t have?

Gavin Williamson on 14:49 - May 2 with 871 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 14:44 - May 2 by londonlisa2001

Tools Sedwill doesn’t have?

He’s the National Security Advisor. You think the police have access to ‘tools’ he doesn’t have?

Yes.

The police and other authorities have legal powers and tools he doesn't.

Your point is akin to claiming a Heath secretary has top notch state of the art medical equipment. Or that ECB is a better racing driver than Lewis Hamilton.

And again, Sedwill has done such a great job finding the source of cabinet leaks in the past.

Williamson has called again for a police investigation. I want a full investigation to happen and the leaker charged. If WIlliamson was responsible, he should be prosecuted.

If Sedwill's investigation was flawed, damning the reputation of an innocent man then he should be immediatelly fired and May has to go.

EDIT:

I'm in awe of NSA Sedwill's l33t hacking skillz, honest.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Adviser_(United_Kingdom)

He's just a mere civil servant ( no offence ECB ), secretary of a council.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/National_Security_Council_(United_Kingdom)

NSC is heavily based upon PM and cabinet members, security agencies providing input.

He's not secretly illegally wiretapping cabinet members phones...
[Post edited 2 May 2019 14:56]
Gavin Williamson on 15:19 - May 2 with 848 viewsbluey_the_blue

Williamson is not being expelled from privy council, extraordinary for someone allegedly leaking highly classified material...

EDIT: Former NSA calls for police investigation. Current NSA does not..

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2019/may/02/gavin-williamson-police-urged-t
[Post edited 2 May 2019 15:22]
Gavin Williamson on 17:01 - May 2 with 813 viewsfelixstowe_jack

As uncle J C said when the UK blamed the Russian for Salisbury let us see the evidence first.

Poll: Sholud Wales rollout vaccination at full speed.

Gavin Williamson on 17:02 - May 2 with 812 viewsvalleyboy

Gavin Williamson on 14:49 - May 2 by bluey_the_blue

Yes.

Your point is akin to claiming a Heath secretary has top notch state of the art medical equipment. Or that ECB is a better racing driver than Lewis Hamilton.

And again, Sedwill has done such a great job finding the source of cabinet leaks in the past.

Williamson has called again for a police investigation. I want a full investigation to happen and the leaker charged. If WIlliamson was responsible, he should be prosecuted.

If Sedwill's investigation was flawed, damning the reputation of an innocent man then he should be immediatelly fired and May has to go.

EDIT:

NSC is heavily based upon PM and cabinet members, security agencies providing input.

Why do you think that No 10 don’t want to take this further???

To me it’s obvious

Not to make a fool of Sedwill and hence make a bigger fool than she is of Theresa May

What man would ask for a Police investigation if he had something to hide

It’s just another case of Theresa May’s idiotic Premiership

The woman is absolutely useless
Gavin Williamson on 19:42 - May 2 with 776 viewsbluey_the_blue

Gavin Williamson on 17:02 - May 2 by valleyboy

To me it’s obvious

Not to make a fool of Sedwill and hence make a bigger fool than she is of Theresa May

I agree, it smells fishier than Grimsby to me.
Gavin Williamson on 19:43 - May 2 with 775 viewsdickythorpe

Nordfelt would be next in line for this job.
Gavin Williamson on 20:09 - May 2 with 765 viewsexiledclaseboy

It wouldn’t be outlandish to suggest that the timing of this “scandal” is fortuitous as it will distract attention from the local election result tonight where the Tories are expected to suffer very heavy losses.

Poll: Tory leader

Gavin Williamson on 20:12 - May 2 with 763 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gavin Williamson on 14:49 - May 2 by bluey_the_blue

Yes.

EDIT:

Unsurprisingly you’re vastly underestimating the influence and power of the cabinet secretary and not just this one.

Gavin Williamson on 20:12 - May 2 with 763 viewsdickythorpe

Gavin Williamson on 20:09 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

It wouldn’t be outlandish to suggest that the timing of this “scandal” is fortuitous as it will distract attention from the local election result tonight where the Tories are expected to suffer very heavy losses.

Maybe Gavin Williamson should be our new goalie.

Waa waa wah!!!!
Gavin Williamson on 20:17 - May 2 with 755 viewsexiledclaseboy

Gavin Williamson on 17:02 - May 2 by valleyboy

To me it’s obvious

“What man would ask for a Police investigation if he had something to hide”

A man who knows it can’t and won’t happen making it an easy thing to say to persuade people of his innocence. It’s an empty claim just as “on my kids’ lives I didn’t do it” is an empty gesture.

What sort of prime minister would sack probably her most loyal cabinet minister using trumped up evidence of something she apparently knows he didn’t do? It’s not like she’s surrounded by loyal ministers and has loads to spare.

Williamson is protesting way way too much.

Gavin Williamson on 20:21 - May 2 with 751 viewsHighjack

Gavin Williamson on 20:09 - May 2 by exiledclaseboy

Hatfoil tinnery

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024