Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Steven Benda 17:16 - May 3 with 1946 viewslonglostjack

A question for those who’ve been following him. Has he got what it takes to become a first choice keeper?

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Steven Benda on 19:06 - May 3 with 1817 viewsKilkennyjack

We needed a 3rd choice keeper apparently.
Not to mention Zabret who signed in 2013 from Slovenia. Talk about long term planning !
Huwbert !

Beware of the Risen People

Steven Benda on 20:37 - May 3 with 1697 viewsjasper_T

In the short term, and for us, it's very hard to say. But he's a tall lad, can play football, his handling is generally reliable and he likes to come and take charge of the ball in the air. Came into our u23s and immediately stood out as levels above the types of keeper we've had in the development ranks before (a lot of small shot stoppers, kids that never had that extra growth spurt needed. Wonder if they're feeding them well enough).

Keepers more than any other player need luck on their side to establish themselves as a number 1. Look at Nick Pope. From nobody to the England squad and now can't make the Burnley matchday squad. Some go their whole careers as a backup regardless of any talent of lack of it.

Still only 20. Young even for a young goalkeeper. Dean Henderson, Peacock-Farrell both 22.
Steven Benda on 20:37 - May 3 with 1697 viewsBadlands

Difficult to say given the opposition he faces ... I would say the coaching inSwansea is pretty much the same at all levels!

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Steven Benda on 00:07 - May 4 with 1501 viewslonglostjack

Steven Benda on 20:37 - May 3 by jasper_T

In the short term, and for us, it's very hard to say. But he's a tall lad, can play football, his handling is generally reliable and he likes to come and take charge of the ball in the air. Came into our u23s and immediately stood out as levels above the types of keeper we've had in the development ranks before (a lot of small shot stoppers, kids that never had that extra growth spurt needed. Wonder if they're feeding them well enough).

Keepers more than any other player need luck on their side to establish themselves as a number 1. Look at Nick Pope. From nobody to the England squad and now can't make the Burnley matchday squad. Some go their whole careers as a backup regardless of any talent of lack of it.

Still only 20. Young even for a young goalkeeper. Dean Henderson, Peacock-Farrell both 22.

Thanks Jasper. Tricky one with keepers. As you imply, he may have to wait for an injury to get a run. Recommended by Tremmel apparently. On that basis only I have a gut feeling that he could be a good one.

Steven Benda on 04:45 - May 4 with 1440 viewsChief

Bring back Birighetti

Poll: Rate the ref's performance today

Steven Benda on 12:14 - May 4 with 1202 viewsKilkennyjack

Steven Benda on 20:37 - May 3 by jasper_T

What was the last meaningful local keeper produced by our club ?

Michael Hughes ? Finished in1988 ?

Is that right ?

Beware of the Risen People

Steven Benda on 12:18 - May 4 with 1190 viewsmagicdaps10

Steven Benda on 12:14 - May 4 by Kilkennyjack

Is that right ?

It was Lee Jones technically. Came through youth ranks, left to the welsh leagues and then returned.

Poll: Are the owners doing enough for Swansea City

Steven Benda on 12:21 - May 4 with 1183 viewsHighjack

Steven Benda on 12:14 - May 4 by Kilkennyjack

Is that right ?

They didn’t play much for us but Cornell and letheran are still knocking around the football league.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Steven Benda on 12:23 - May 4 with 1181 viewsairedale

If my name was Benda, I’d change it by deed poll.

Oh, and imagine if your Christian name was something foreign like Irma.
Steven Benda on 12:27 - May 4 with 1175 viewsHighjack

Steven Benda on 12:23 - May 4 by airedale

If my name was Benda, I’d change it by deed poll.

Oh, and imagine if your Christian name was something foreign like Irma.

What about Christian Fuchs and Sven Kums?
[Post edited 4 May 2019 12:28]

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Steven Benda on 14:08 - May 4 with 1061 viewsA_Fans_Dad

If anything he can be a little too positive in commanding his area and come out a bit further than normal and could get stranded.
But he is brave and has talent.
Steven Benda on 15:23 - May 4 with 986 viewsairedale

Steven Benda on 12:27 - May 4 by Highjack

Kin ell.
Steven Benda on 16:23 - May 4 with 933 viewsdickythorpe

Going back nearly 20 years we had an Republic of Ireland under 21 'keeper on our books.
I knew his girlfriend at the time who was studying at Swansea Institute. I think they married so he stayed in area.
Did he end up in the Welsh League?
Steven Benda on 16:38 - May 4 with 906 viewslonglostjack

Steven Benda on 12:27 - May 4 by Highjack

I waited patiently to no avail for the BBC to mention this former German Education minister.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Johanna_

Planet Swans doesn’t allow me to post the surname in the link !

Try this.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Ministry_of_Education_and_Research_(Germ
[Post edited 4 May 2019 16:43]

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024