Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees 23:20 - May 21 with 6646 viewsvalleyboy

Now asking Leon Britton to advise him

What next
Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 18:41 - May 23 with 1112 viewslonglostjack

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 18:01 - May 23 by valleyboy

In other words

Big on PR but not much else

Who knows? Nobody’s got a crystal ball. Always believe in giving someone a fair crack of the whip before rubbishing them though.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 18:44 - May 23 with 1102 viewsvalleyboy

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 22:29 - May 22 by Swanseajill

Indeed Haydn I remember bumping into you often during away games during those years.

Even if we had won you could always find a negative argument whenever we met. You really haven't changed much ...have you?

Do you write similar stuff on the Cardiff football sites?

I should have put this in my last posting

Why should I write similar stuff about Cardiff???

Cardiff haven’t been sold down the river like what’s happened in Swansea and that’s by Directors you thought so highly of

People living in glass houses comes to mind and that have also forgotten what they used to say
Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 22:01 - May 23 with 1018 viewsSwanseajill

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 18:44 - May 23 by valleyboy

I should have put this in my last posting

Why should I write similar stuff about Cardiff???

Cardiff haven’t been sold down the river like what’s happened in Swansea and that’s by Directors you thought so highly of

People living in glass houses comes to mind and that have also forgotten what they used to say

I would be grateful if you don't make up stories about my feelings regarding the sellers involved in that business of 'Taking us up to a higher level' when in fact it was taking the rug from under the squads/ the fans/ the staffs...feet.

This has nothing to do with the negativity you bring to this site, although I know you do it for a reaction just as you always did on the guestbook.

It's time we all should do what we can for our club, as they can't send the supporters redundancy notices at this time,

They still need our bums on seats.
Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 22:35 - May 23 with 993 viewsvetchonian

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 22:01 - May 23 by Swanseajill

I would be grateful if you don't make up stories about my feelings regarding the sellers involved in that business of 'Taking us up to a higher level' when in fact it was taking the rug from under the squads/ the fans/ the staffs...feet.

This has nothing to do with the negativity you bring to this site, although I know you do it for a reaction just as you always did on the guestbook.

It's time we all should do what we can for our club, as they can't send the supporters redundancy notices at this time,

Well said
I support Swansea City F C and always have. It's the club and the team I support regardless of ownership
This club needs supporters bums on seats to keep it afloat......so many stories about the Tanks already having had their money back several times over.....how that would be is still beyond my understanding...what does show that in my time supporting the Swans is that there was a hard core fan base of around 3500 to 4000 we increased on this when we moved but in all honesty I have heard from many that a the PL has gone they no longer have the same desire and then go on to blame the Tanks milking the club
Yet many were happy to put money into the club whilst so called fans who saved us milked the club dry
Why really did HJ needs to pay himself the thigh salary...especially when he was well v us to the media as a model club with a so called sa3 able pay structure for the players within our means?
Why was Martin Morhanallowed to have his companies do work at considerable cost without any competitive 'tendering.......nobody questioned where the money we going then......still spending in the shop......spending in the bar but we were in the PL and all was rosy.
Don't get me wrong I'm not particularly happy with our ownership model especially given as how we were owned by locals and so called fans... it those fans who sold us out whilst they took a risk got their initial investment back many times over and more....but stil( we put more in their pockets.
Pearlman gets stick but at least he came up with the fanzone an opportunity to drink outside the ground but put money to the club instead of it being spent in the harvestoor of Frankie....yet still fans drink and put their money elsewhere...why count Dinneen have thought of that.....the Ospreys had been doing it for years

I'm no Yank fan I'm a scf c fan and it's thoracic will support the it's gone it's gone I'll do what I can to keep my club alive

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 22:38 - May 23 with 984 viewsPozuelosSideys

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 16:01 - May 22 by valleyboy

That’s only part of the problem

Swansea City supporters over the years have been plastic supporters

The same happened in the second year of when Swansea were in the old First Division

They let Toshack and Swansea City down badly

It always make me laugh when I hear or read of supporters and posters saying that they are Swansea till I die

Only when they are winning I would say

Youre talking about plastic fans, yet you appear to watch both Cardiff and Swansea (and support who is in the higher division) and also have a pop at Jill about how she couldnt have possibly "enjoyed those years" in the 90s when we were sh1t.

Now to me, that makes you the very definition of a plastic. Only interested in successful clubs, regardless of rivalries, and then flipflop back and fore depending on who is better at the time. You dont appear to realise that "proper" swans fans will support us, and only us regardless of whether we are PL or L2. You arent one.

Each to their own.
[Post edited 23 May 2019 22:40]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 23:31 - May 23 with 942 viewsvalleyboy

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 22:01 - May 23 by Swanseajill

What stories have I made up

That you was against Jenkins from the start or was you in favour of him

It’s only in the last three seasons that the tide changed against him.

So don’t tell me that I have made up stories
Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 09:27 - May 24 with 877 viewsjackrmee

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 11:08 - May 22 by jasper_T

Jobs for the boys.

Jobs for the boys is sorting your mates out. Birch doesn't even know Curt and Leon does he?

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 09:28 - May 24 with 877 viewsjackrmee

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 14:07 - May 22 by valleyboy

You wasn’t about when Curtis couldn’t get out of Swansea quick enough, when Leeds came in for him

Yes he came back to Swansea when he was a total disappointment at Leeds

Fuk off you kunt

Poll: Who are you voting for this year? I'm sure Grimes will be popular. I've gone Oli

Login to get fewer ads

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 09:33 - May 24 with 875 viewsjackrmee

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 15:50 - May 22 by Fireboy2

Some people have morals.

They dont want to pay mobey to the people running us who obviously dont care one iota about the club and its fans.

And as ive said in another thread, if i was a season ticket holder i wouldnt renew either.

I agree...
I put myself on the waiting list for a ST last season and made some offers to a couple of posters on here for ones they were selling.
Up until last week I was really excited about getting one for next season and was struggling to pick a location for my seat. However, after Potter left I have succumbed to the outlook of many on here and I am at pains to agree that these Yanks don't know what they are doing.
Birch's recent comments have helped somewhat, but I am waiting to see who they bring in now before thinking any more about it.

ps. is there a deadline on buying a new ST?

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 09:35 - May 24 with 874 viewsjackrmee

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 15:59 - May 22 by jasper_T

I don't think Leon would be looking for an advisory recruitment position if his punditry career with Sky had taken off. He certainly won't be fielding offers from other clubs for anything similar.

Maybe he just wants to help the club he loves and that loves him?

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 09:37 - May 24 with 870 viewsjackrmee

The same happened in the second year of when Swansea were in the old First Division

It always make me laugh when I hear or read of supporters and posters saying that they are Swansea till I die

Shame it wasn't "Swansea or I die" in your case.

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 09:39 - May 24 with 870 viewsjackrmee

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 18:04 - May 22 by valleyboy

Perhaps that if you had read my postings correctly I first saw my first game at the Vetch in 1953, when I was eleven

Only saw them randomly from there on until I broke my leg playing football and started to watch them regularly under Harry Griffith’s and not Toshack

Toshack came 6 or was it 7 months later

Then followed Swansea pretty regularly home and away from then until 1999. When I stopped going because I had no time because as I told you before, in that I was building my house

I wonder were you there from the mid eighties till 1999??? As that’s when you knew who the true Swansea fans were

Then fukced us off for Cardiff

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 09:49 - May 24 with 858 viewsjackrmee

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 23:32 - May 22 by Badlands

Morals my a**e.

If we can't afford players and are relegated I want those 'moral' supporters who have gone shopping or watch Premier League on the tele to come back and proudly announce. 'I played my part in this relegation by not supporting the team and not helping the club have enough money to buy and pay players.'
It isn't the American Group that is f***ing up our club it's them with 'morals'.

Na mate...Season tickets aint cheap. It's a major deal for some people to fork out for one. I for one won't be buying one unless watching the boys is going to benefit me, in terms of excitement, joy, pleasure. Nothing to do with league position. It's to do with everyone working together to move forward. Life isn't all about money, and contrary to the popular belief, neither is football.
SCFC isn't a charity. People don't buy season tickets to keep the club afloat. People pay good money to watch good football and good effort. If the club don't want to make any effort then why would someone want to give those millionaire kunts hundreds of pounds that they potentially don't even have?
Just because people don't have season tickets, doesn't mean they don't support the club.
I've been watching Swans since my early teens at the Vetch. Never once had a season ticket. Does that make me any less of a fan than valley-fuking-boy or the like who sit in their regular seats and slag us off week after week?

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 10:12 - May 24 with 839 viewsjasper_T

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 09:27 - May 24 by jackrmee

Jobs for the boys is sorting your mates out. Birch doesn't even know Curt and Leon does he?

Birch was at Sheffield United when Leon was, and played a big part in sending him back to Swansea.
Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 10:32 - May 24 with 816 viewsjackrmee

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 10:12 - May 24 by jasper_T

Birch was at Sheffield United when Leon was, and played a big part in sending him back to Swansea.

Fair enough. Still don't agree it's "jobs for the boys" scenario though

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 11:16 - May 24 with 793 viewsvalleyboy

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 10:32 - May 24 by jackrmee

Fair enough. Still don't agree it's "jobs for the boys" scenario though

Then that must be the case if you said it
Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 11:42 - May 24 with 775 viewstheloneranger

You're right Haydn that the fans didn't then up in huge numbers for our 2nd season in the First Division, but the biggest problems were the bank and Toshack himself.

Toshack spent a lot of that 2nd season in a huge sulk, because Liverpool made an approach for Tosh in January 1982, telling him the job was his in the summer.

Bob Paisley, who had planned to retire at the end of our first season took Liverpool on an incredible run to win the title and decided to stay on for another season.

Toshack was devastated by Paisley's change of heart, because he had his heart set on a return to his beloved Anfield as manager, and by his own admission he took his eye off the ball with the Swans that 2nd season ... and the rest is history! !

Phil Boesma will tell you ...

Tosh had "Tunnel Vision" ... "Mersey Tunnel Vision"

EDIT ...

The 2nd sentence should say March not January
[Post edited 24 May 2019 14:21]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 14:05 - May 24 with 709 viewsvalleyboy

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 11:42 - May 24 by theloneranger

You're right Haydn that the fans didn't then up in huge numbers for our 2nd season in the First Division, but the biggest problems were the bank and Toshack himself.

Toshack spent a lot of that 2nd season in a huge sulk, because Liverpool made an approach for Tosh in January 1982, telling him the job was his in the summer.

Bob Paisley, who had planned to retire at the end of our first season took Liverpool on an incredible run to win the title and decided to stay on for another season.

Toshack was devastated by Paisley's change of heart, because he had his heart set on a return to his beloved Anfield as manager, and by his own admission he took his eye off the ball with the Swans that 2nd season ... and the rest is history! !

EDIT ...

Well is that a genuine excuse not to turn up to support Swansea in those days

It wasn’t as if Struel had sold the fans down the river like what’s happened now

Average attendance in the first year in the top Division was 18.23k

Second year was a dismal 11.68 average.

You say that Toshack had been approached by Liverpool

I doubt that, irrespective what Boesma will tell you

Firstly an approach would be illegal and I doubt that a Club like Liverpool would do such a thing

Anyway

Why should Bob Paisley give up the managers job after a couple of years in the job and especially with him doing so well at Liverpool

Bonkers
Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 14:12 - May 24 with 697 viewsSwanseajill

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 11:42 - May 24 by theloneranger

EDIT ...

The above post is fact, not some made up fiction Haydn.

Add to that the recession in the early 80s brought a lot of Welsh fans to rethink on football tickets as a luxury.
You can't imagine how hard it was those days to even get sponsorship for a quarter page in the programme.

Fans attendance figures are not the be all of the story.
Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 14:21 - May 24 with 673 viewsWitneyjack

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 14:05 - May 24 by valleyboy

Well is that a genuine excuse not to turn up to support Swansea in those days

It wasn’t as if Struel had sold the fans down the river like what’s happened now

Average attendance in the first year in the top Division was 18.23k

Second year was a dismal 11.68 average.

You say that Toshack had been approached by Liverpool

I doubt that, irrespective what Boesma will tell you

Firstly an approach would be illegal and I doubt that a Club like Liverpool would do such a thing

Anyway

Why should Bob Paisley give up the managers job after a couple of years in the job and especially with him doing so well at Liverpool

Bonkers

"Why should Bob Paisley give up the managers job after a couple of years in the job and especially with him doing so well at Liverpool "

Shankley retired after the FA cup win in 1974. Paisley had been in the job for 8 years by 1982, that is hardly a couple of years!
Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 15:48 - May 24 with 620 viewsBadlands

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 22:35 - May 23 by vetchonian

Well said
I support Swansea City F C and always have. It's the club and the team I support regardless of ownership
This club needs supporters bums on seats to keep it afloat......so many stories about the Tanks already having had their money back several times over.....how that would be is still beyond my understanding...what does show that in my time supporting the Swans is that there was a hard core fan base of around 3500 to 4000 we increased on this when we moved but in all honesty I have heard from many that a the PL has gone they no longer have the same desire and then go on to blame the Tanks milking the club
Yet many were happy to put money into the club whilst so called fans who saved us milked the club dry
Why really did HJ needs to pay himself the thigh salary...especially when he was well v us to the media as a model club with a so called sa3 able pay structure for the players within our means?
Why was Martin Morhanallowed to have his companies do work at considerable cost without any competitive 'tendering.......nobody questioned where the money we going then......still spending in the shop......spending in the bar but we were in the PL and all was rosy.
Don't get me wrong I'm not particularly happy with our ownership model especially given as how we were owned by locals and so called fans... it those fans who sold us out whilst they took a risk got their initial investment back many times over and more....but stil( we put more in their pockets.
Pearlman gets stick but at least he came up with the fanzone an opportunity to drink outside the ground but put money to the club instead of it being spent in the harvestoor of Frankie....yet still fans drink and put their money elsewhere...why count Dinneen have thought of that.....the Ospreys had been doing it for years

I'm no Yank fan I'm a scf c fan and it's thoracic will support the it's gone it's gone I'll do what I can to keep my club alive

People are generally happier to believe and repeat lies, gossip and speculation rather than face up to facts.
(How do you think Garage has become a tin pot god? Feed ignorance, only promise what you'll never be in a position to fail to deliver and everything will be paradise if you believe.)

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 16:37 - May 24 with 587 viewsswan65split

A lot of things happening around the early 80s, lots of redundancies/unemployment, little work, it caused me to miss a few games at that time, lack of money,
Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 17:09 - May 24 with 567 viewsvalleyboy

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 14:12 - May 24 by Swanseajill

The above post is fact, not some made up fiction Haydn.

Add to that the recession in the early 80s brought a lot of Welsh fans to rethink on football tickets as a luxury.
You can't imagine how hard it was those days to even get sponsorship for a quarter page in the programme.

Fans attendance figures are not the be all of the story.

So Toshack told you himself??????

How dull can you be

If a position of manager had arisen at Anfield

Toshack would have been the first to put his name forward and further more I wouldn’t have blamed him

Liverpool didn’t have to tap up anyone, because they knew the likes of Toshack would have applied for the managers job

I would still think you read the other Swansea forum. So read what Colin Jones wrote about 3 weeks ago

Surprise, surprise

Virtually the same that I have written

That Swansea people let the Football club down
Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 17:17 - May 24 with 554 viewsvalleyboy

Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees (n/t) on 14:21 - May 24 by Witneyjack

"Why should Bob Paisley give up the managers job after a couple of years in the job and especially with him doing so well at Liverpool "

Shankley retired after the FA cup win in 1974. Paisley had been in the job for 8 years by 1982, that is hardly a couple of years!

So Bob Paisley had been in the job for eight years

Alex Fergusson was in the job for 27 years
Thought Trevor Birch was the bees knees on 18:46 - May 24 with 519 viewstylagarwjack

My only concern with Birch is his supposed uncertainty over the owners’ “end game”. That really doesn’t add up IMO.

He is clearly an intelligent man, and surely he would have asked this question when negotiating re taking over the chairman’s role, so his supposed uncertainty means he either 1) didn’t ask the question (which I think is unlikely), 2) did ask but didn’t get a clear answer, which is possible, but I would expect someone like Birch to be given a crystal clear brief as a condition of taking the job (let’s face it he probably wouldn’t be destitute if he didn’t take a job with us) or 3) and the most likely one, is that he was told and doesn’t feel like he can state publicly what that is.

If the answer is number 3 then we can take everything else he has said with a pinch of salt.

Obviously time will tell, the state of the squad at the start of the season will be telling though I do appreciate trying to shift the Ayews, Baston, Montero and Carroll off the wage bill permanently is no easy task and so not fully within Birch’s control.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024