Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? 09:30 - Jun 26 with 1008 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-europe-48755605
Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 09:37 - Jun 26 with 1002 viewscostalotta

Part of me is a definite no. But, i can see some potential advantages of such a scheme.
Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 09:45 - Jun 26 with 983 viewsraynor94

Yes definitely, lawless London is an example of why we should

You give it out, you take it back it`s all part of the game
Poll: Happy to see Martin go

Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 09:47 - Jun 26 with 978 viewscostalotta

Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 09:45 - Jun 26 by raynor94

Yes definitely, lawless London is an example of why we should

Did you do national service Raynor94?
Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 10:59 - Jun 26 with 941 viewsVincent_Vega

Maybe not so much National Service but instead of the last week before end of term where they usually have non school uniform days and watch DVDs in class what about organising days where they help the community? Maybe learn a bit of discipline and humility.

Who am I kidding that'll never happen in the blame culture/health and safety bureaucratic utopia that we live in.

Fair play to the French, they don't give a phuck about that drivel and tell their youth to get on with it.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 11:15 - Jun 26 with 917 viewsAguycalledJack

How's about introducing this and proper community service instead of sending youngsters to Prison.

Learn respect, maybe a trade and help the community.

If it offends the liberals, give the offender the choice. Prison or the army.
Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 11:17 - Jun 26 with 913 viewscostalotta

Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 10:59 - Jun 26 by Vincent_Vega

Maybe not so much National Service but instead of the last week before end of term where they usually have non school uniform days and watch DVDs in class what about organising days where they help the community? Maybe learn a bit of discipline and humility.

Who am I kidding that'll never happen in the blame culture/health and safety bureaucratic utopia that we live in.

Fair play to the French, they don't give a phuck about that drivel and tell their youth to get on with it.

It was voluntary Vinnie. Did you read the article?

I do agree with the thinking behind the why from a youth perspective. But, I'm afraid the ideas/motives elsewhere is what i have an issue with.
Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 11:18 - Jun 26 with 912 viewscostalotta

Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 11:15 - Jun 26 by AguycalledJack

How's about introducing this and proper community service instead of sending youngsters to Prison.

Learn respect, maybe a trade and help the community.

If it offends the liberals, give the offender the choice. Prison or the army.

And potentially give a gun to a pyscho ?
Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 12:50 - Jun 26 with 867 viewsAguycalledJack

Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 11:18 - Jun 26 by costalotta

And potentially give a gun to a pyscho ?

I'm not suggesting that somebody who has committed lets say a serious crime like murder get the option. That's prison all the way.

I'm thinking more of the petty criminals repeat and constant offenders.
Login to get fewer ads

Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 12:54 - Jun 26 with 860 viewscostalotta

Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 12:50 - Jun 26 by AguycalledJack

I'm not suggesting that somebody who has committed lets say a serious crime like murder get the option. That's prison all the way.

I'm thinking more of the petty criminals repeat and constant offenders.

Personally i think anyone who's committed a crime against a person whatever that maybe (Petty or otherwise) should not be allowed anywhere near the Army and especially a gun.

But to be honest, we need to look at our society and ask why our prisons are the most populated in Europe.
Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 13:00 - Jun 26 with 849 viewssherpajacob

Bring it in for the baby boomers who just missed out last time.

Poll: Your favourite ever Swans shirt sponsor?

Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 14:40 - Jun 26 with 803 viewsVincent_Vega

Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 11:17 - Jun 26 by costalotta

It was voluntary Vinnie. Did you read the article?

I do agree with the thinking behind the why from a youth perspective. But, I'm afraid the ideas/motives elsewhere is what i have an issue with.

I did, I also read that it was a pilot and will soon be compulsory for all 16year olds.

It does imply that the reason behind this move is to curb the anti government and nationalist popularity among the young which I agree is not the right reason for doing it.

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 14:44 - Jun 26 with 799 viewscostalotta

Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 14:40 - Jun 26 by Vincent_Vega

I did, I also read that it was a pilot and will soon be compulsory for all 16year olds.

It does imply that the reason behind this move is to curb the anti government and nationalist popularity among the young which I agree is not the right reason for doing it.

Yeah you're correct. I missed that...hmmm.

I think though, its the opposite. It will promote nationalism.
Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 01:18 - Jun 27 with 693 viewshuwrichards57

Nope this is a free country and should remain so. No one should be coerced into anything.

You'd get a load of half-arsed, hormonal teenagers wasting a lot of people's time. And that alone is enough reason to keep it all consigned to the history books.

In fact, if I was in the position of being forced to do it I'd just flat out refuse. And I'm sure many will do in France.

Macron's going to get booted out next time around anyway and hopefully the next person through the door can restore some liberalistic freedom back into France.
Would this be an idea for Britain to follow? on 14:03 - Jun 27 with 612 viewsHighjack

Soldiers have a difficult enough job without adding babysitting to the daily agenda.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024