Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
British tanker seized 20:20 - Jul 19 with 8348 viewsladyjack

British tanker seized by Iran - what next ?
British tanker seized on 09:40 - Jul 20 with 950 viewsJack_Meoff

British tanker seized on 23:16 - Jul 19 by Darran

Yeah loads. Always against their own country. You know that though Spide.

The criminals in Westminster are not 'the country.' They're just the individuals who (unfortunately) happen to 'govern' the country at this time. I don't see why the two need to be conflated.

Neither is questioning the motives and the legality of the original impounding of the Iranian tanker somehow 'taking sides with Iran.' That's laughably binary and simplistic.

I'm no expert but I'm guessing there's laws and protocols for marine travel? You don't get to make stuff up as you go along simply because you're British or US. How come an Iranian vessel can be impounded for violating EU sanctions?

And it doesn't mean that because I'm wondering about the answers to these questions I want to f*cking live in Iran either.

War with Iran has been on the cards for years too if anyone's been paying attention.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 10:20]

If you want a vision of the future, imagine a boot stamping on a human face--forever.

British tanker seized on 09:44 - Jul 20 with 949 viewsbluey_the_blue

British tanker seized on 09:27 - Jul 20 by hobo

Or would others change their viewpoint if they had family on the seized Iranian ship or locked up in some Gibraltar hellhole

Ah, so illegally breaking sanctions is ok then if you want to come across all edgelord then.
British tanker seized on 09:58 - Jul 20 with 934 viewscontroversial_jack

British tanker seized on 09:44 - Jul 20 by bluey_the_blue

Ah, so illegally breaking sanctions is ok then if you want to come across all edgelord then.

If you have sanctions forced on you, it doesn't mean you have to abide by them, quite the opposite, especially if you believe they are unjust or illegal.You can't then complain if they retaliate
British tanker seized on 09:59 - Jul 20 with 932 viewsDarran

British tanker seized on 09:40 - Jul 20 by Jack_Meoff

The criminals in Westminster are not 'the country.' They're just the individuals who (unfortunately) happen to 'govern' the country at this time. I don't see why the two need to be conflated.

Neither is questioning the motives and the legality of the original impounding of the Iranian tanker somehow 'taking sides with Iran.' That's laughably binary and simplistic.

I'm no expert but I'm guessing there's laws and protocols for marine travel? You don't get to make stuff up as you go along simply because you're British or US. How come an Iranian vessel can be impounded for violating EU sanctions?

And it doesn't mean that because I'm wondering about the answers to these questions I want to f*cking live in Iran either.

War with Iran has been on the cards for years too if anyone's been paying attention.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 10:20]

I don’t disagree my learned friend but it’s still extremely weird that some people immediately side with the opposition.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

British tanker seized on 10:05 - Jul 20 with 927 viewsExiledJack

British tanker seized on 09:44 - Jul 20 by bluey_the_blue

This is part of the issue Bluey, many people consider the sanctions to be totally unfair and tantamount to a declaration of war.

Rather than seeing this as Britain vs. Iran why can’t we aim for Britain & Iran becoming allies and partners? It seems as though our foreign policy is deliberately pushing in the other direction. Being anti-war shouldn’t be seen as anti-British.
British tanker seized on 10:05 - Jul 20 with 925 viewsDarran

British tanker seized on 09:27 - Jul 20 by hobo

Or would others change their viewpoint if they had family on the seized Iranian ship or locked up in some Gibraltar hellhole

I’d imagine most of the Iranians are on the side of the Iranians.
Mind you that’s if they’ve got internet,televisions etc and actually know anything about it.
[Post edited 20 Jul 2019 10:24]

British tanker seized on 10:13 - Jul 20 with 901 viewsWarwickHunt

British tanker seized on 09:58 - Jul 20 by controversial_jack

If you have sanctions forced on you, it doesn't mean you have to abide by them, quite the opposite, especially if you believe they are unjust or illegal.You can't then complain if they retaliate

If they weren’t forced on you they wouldn’t be sanctions...
British tanker seized on 10:16 - Jul 20 with 900 viewscontroversial_jack

British tanker seized on 10:13 - Jul 20 by WarwickHunt

If they weren’t forced on you they wouldn’t be sanctions...

"You don't miss much, do you?"
Login to get fewer ads

British tanker seized on 11:34 - Jul 20 with 841 viewsbluey_the_blue

British tanker seized on 09:58 - Jul 20 by controversial_jack

You don't have to abide by them. Doesn't man you are then free to whine about the consequences of doing so.
British tanker seized on 11:35 - Jul 20 with 839 viewsbluey_the_blue

British tanker seized on 10:05 - Jul 20 by ExiledJack

This is part of the issue Bluey, many people consider the sanctions to be totally unfair and tantamount to a declaration of war.

Rather than seeing this as Britain vs. Iran why can’t we aim for Britain & Iran becoming allies and partners? It seems as though our foreign policy is deliberately pushing in the other direction. Being anti-war shouldn’t be seen as anti-British.

Yeah, having cozy cup of tea with Iran really helps.
British tanker seized on 11:41 - Jul 20 with 832 viewsExiledJack

British tanker seized on 11:35 - Jul 20 by bluey_the_blue

Yeah, having cozy cup of tea with Iran really helps.

I don’t really see your point here Bluey.

Do you think war with Iran, and whoever else joins in, not to mention the impact of the Strait of Hormuz being shutdown, would be good for the world? Those are the potential consequences to the current path.
British tanker seized on 11:57 - Jul 20 with 812 viewsDarran

British tanker seized on 11:41 - Jul 20 by ExiledJack

Do you think war with Iran, and whoever else joins in, not to mention the impact of the Strait of Hormuz being shutdown, would be good for the world? Those are the potential consequences to the current path.

Even though Bluey is a bit weird I doubt very much that he does,in fact I doubt very much anyone on here does.

British tanker seized on 12:01 - Jul 20 with 809 viewsbluey_the_blue

British tanker seized on 11:41 - Jul 20 by ExiledJack

Based on that logic no war would ever be justified.

Iran want to go down the route they've taken that's their choice. You vastly underestimate the mindset of those running Iran by judging them by Western standards.
British tanker seized on 12:17 - Jul 20 with 795 viewsExiledJack

British tanker seized on 12:01 - Jul 20 by bluey_the_blue

Based on that logic no war would ever be justified.

Iran want to go down the route they've taken that's their choice. You vastly underestimate the mindset of those running Iran by judging them by Western standards.

So because war is sometimes justified, you are advocating against doing the utmost to avoid it? Or do you feel the threshold has already been met?

Can I ask if you intend on serving in this war effort?

My own personal threshold for war is that it should absolutely be the last option once all other options have been exhausted before we ask British servicemen and servicewomen to make the ultimate sacrifice. I don’t believe we have exhausted all options, and would argue that if we can’t get along the safer route is to simply avoid contact. Just take all British ships out of that region.

I think it’s dangerous to create “us and them” points of differences but if you have something pertinent to share with regards to the mindset of those running Iran and how that affects Britain then please do share.
British tanker seized on 12:24 - Jul 20 with 782 viewsLord_Bony

British tanker seized on 11:57 - Jul 20 by Darran

Even though Bluey is a bit weird I doubt very much that he does,in fact I doubt very much anyone on here does.

Just bomb the cuńts.

Is what you said earlier. Make up your mind.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

British tanker seized on 12:37 - Jul 20 with 760 viewsbluey_the_blue

British tanker seized on 12:17 - Jul 20 by ExiledJack

So because war is sometimes justified, you are advocating against doing the utmost to avoid it? Or do you feel the threshold has already been met?

Can I ask if you intend on serving in this war effort?

My own personal threshold for war is that it should absolutely be the last option once all other options have been exhausted before we ask British servicemen and servicewomen to make the ultimate sacrifice. I don’t believe we have exhausted all options, and would argue that if we can’t get along the safer route is to simply avoid contact. Just take all British ships out of that region.

I think it’s dangerous to create “us and them” points of differences but if you have something pertinent to share with regards to the mindset of those running Iran and how that affects Britain then please do share.

That's an interesting interpretation of what I wrote.

It would be like me calling you the Neville Chamberlain of PS.

Take all British ships out of the region, eh? I presume you'll willingly pay higher petrol prices?

Of course war should be the last option. In case you'd not noticed, we're not at war. it's entirely in Irans hands how this develops.
British tanker seized on 13:02 - Jul 20 with 739 viewsExiledJack

British tanker seized on 12:37 - Jul 20 by bluey_the_blue

That's an interesting interpretation of what I wrote.

It would be like me calling you the Neville Chamberlain of PS.

Take all British ships out of the region, eh? I presume you'll willingly pay higher petrol prices?

Of course war should be the last option. In case you'd not noticed, we're not at war. it's entirely in Irans hands how this develops.

That’s where our difference lies then, I don’t believe it is entirely in Iran’s hands. Britain has a responsibility too, and could attempt diplomacy (tea optional), could work to pull back international sanctions or at the very least could stop seizing their vessels.

I also think we have a cheek to think we can be part of the cabal that bans them from global trade but send our ships though their waters with impunity.

As for petrol, it will be a whole lot worse if we push them into a position where they block the Strait entirely. If you want cheaper petrol global trade with Iran would increase supply on the market.
British tanker seized on 13:15 - Jul 20 with 724 viewscontroversial_jack

British tanker seized on 11:34 - Jul 20 by bluey_the_blue

You don't have to abide by them. Doesn't man you are then free to whine about the consequences of doing so.

It's not them who is whining, it's us.
British tanker seized on 13:46 - Jul 20 with 707 viewsbluey_the_blue

British tanker seized on 13:02 - Jul 20 by ExiledJack

That’s where our difference lies then, I don’t believe it is entirely in Iran’s hands. Britain has a responsibility too, and could attempt diplomacy (tea optional), could work to pull back international sanctions or at the very least could stop seizing their vessels.

I also think we have a cheek to think we can be part of the cabal that bans them from global trade but send our ships though their waters with impunity.

As for petrol, it will be a whole lot worse if we push them into a position where they block the Strait entirely. If you want cheaper petrol global trade with Iran would increase supply on the market.

So apply sanctions but don't bother upholding them in case the poor dabs get upset?
British tanker seized on 13:47 - Jul 20 with 705 viewsbluey_the_blue

British tanker seized on 13:15 - Jul 20 by controversial_jack

It's not them who is whining, it's us.

Errm, yeah, it is them whining. We're correctly applying sanctions.

So much appeasement, so little time, eh?
British tanker seized on 13:48 - Jul 20 with 703 viewslonglostjack

British tanker seized on 13:46 - Jul 20 by bluey_the_blue

So apply sanctions but don't bother upholding them in case the poor dabs get upset?

Why were sanctions imposed on Iran but not Saudi Arabia ? 🤔

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

British tanker seized on 13:51 - Jul 20 with 698 viewsbluey_the_blue

British tanker seized on 13:48 - Jul 20 by longlostjack

Why were sanctions imposed on Iran but not Saudi Arabia ? 🤔

Ask the people who applied them.

I know it's trendy and hip for the woke to focus on Saudi Arabia but Iran have been doing far worse for far longer.
British tanker seized on 14:04 - Jul 20 with 679 viewshobo

British tanker seized on 13:51 - Jul 20 by bluey_the_blue

I know it's trendy and hip for the woke to focus on Saudi Arabia but Iran have been doing far worse for far longer.

Like what?
British tanker seized on 14:09 - Jul 20 with 672 viewslonglostjack

British tanker seized on 13:51 - Jul 20 by bluey_the_blue

You might be surprised to learn that I don’t have Trump’s telephone number. Perhaps you can help.
Trendy and hip? That’s probably one of the daftest comments you’ve made on here. Yemen? Khashoggi ? It’s clear to all but the most biased of observers that if sanctions are applied to Iran then they should equally have been applied to Saudi Arabia.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

British tanker seized on 14:14 - Jul 20 with 658 viewsLord_Bony

What I'd like to know is how the hell can Trump unilaterally pull out of the 2015 nuclear agreement with Iran ?

Then on top of that reimposed sanctions on the citizens of that country.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024