Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town 22:06 - Oct 10 with 4355 viewsbonymine

One for the oldies on here ......in no particular order ;

Bay View
Shades
Martha’s

All offered a great night out any juicy stories out there lads & lasses ? 😉👍

Poll: Why is this site so quiet these days ?

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 08:49 - Oct 12 with 1264 viewsowainglyndwr

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 21:10 - Oct 11 by Swanjaxs

Who used to go away with the Prince/Park Ken Hopkins funbus run by Tracey and Martin Morgan back in the day then?

Do you remember the buses Martin Morgan booked for a Cardiff game we all got on by the old Kingsway roundabout by Barons.
I think it was D Coaches
Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 21:33 - Dec 10 with 839 viewsbonymine

Here’s another old thread but quite topical going back to the 80’s !!

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 21:57 - Dec 10 with 816 viewsbuilthjack

Strikeout for a bit of grub. On to Marthas, then the Indian 50 yeards on the left on St Helens road.
Then work after about 3 hours kip. Those were the days.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 21:58 - Dec 10 with 813 viewsbuilthjack

Or if she was classy, La Bussola first.

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 22:05 - Dec 10 with 803 viewsbonymine

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 21:57 - Dec 10 by builthjack

Strikeout for a bit of grub. On to Marthas, then the Indian 50 yeards on the left on St Helens road.
Then work after about 3 hours kip. Those were the days.

I can’t believe that back in those days I could go out midweek till 2/3am, have a skinfull & a have a sh*g (if I was lucky 😂😂) then go to work by 9am the next morning 🤔😳 crazy or what ?

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 22:30 - Dec 10 with 799 viewsbuilthjack

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 22:05 - Dec 10 by bonymine

I can’t believe that back in those days I could go out midweek till 2/3am, have a skinfull & a have a sh*g (if I was lucky 😂😂) then go to work by 9am the next morning 🤔😳 crazy or what ?

You were lucky. I had to get to work for 7.30am.

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 22:48 - Dec 10 with 790 viewsjack_lord

Loved the City Tavern on a Sunday night.
As my age changed it was Baron's, Valbonne, Martha's and sometimes Harpers.
Top Rank (Ritzys Mayfair) or whatever it was called was tidy for the midweek cheap nights.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 23:19 - Dec 10 with 780 viewsKeithHaynes

Marinas.

A great believer in taking anything you like to wherever you want to.
Blog: Do you want to start a career in journalism ?

Login to get fewer ads

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 10:04 - Dec 11 with 715 viewsjack_lord

Derek's coaches packing us in like sardines for our journey home from the Kingsway which was like beirut some weekends with some epic rucks and the hot dog vans for munchies

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 13:19 - Dec 11 with 675 viewsRobbie

My days on the Kingsway were over early eighties , got married then , not so much a Sunday occasion but Saturday nights , mid seventies era were Prince of Wales then Top Rank .

Take your life in your own hands trying to cross the Kingsway them days , remember one guy trying to hurdle the centre barrier after one too many , it was not a pretty sight after he failed miserably and came crashing down the other side .
Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 15:02 - Dec 11 with 655 views1983

Anyone remember Harrys Bar on Portland street?

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 17:55 - Dec 11 with 629 viewsJack123

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 15:02 - Dec 11 by 1983

Anyone remember Harrys Bar on Portland street?

Where the Park pub was, wasn't it? Went there a few times, hazy recollection of it, think you went upstairs as you went in? Wasn't too bad, but it was pretty quiet there, don't think it lasted long.

libera nos a malo

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 17:56 - Dec 11 with 626 viewsonehunglow

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 13:19 - Dec 11 by Robbie

My days on the Kingsway were over early eighties , got married then , not so much a Sunday occasion but Saturday nights , mid seventies era were Prince of Wales then Top Rank .

Take your life in your own hands trying to cross the Kingsway them days , remember one guy trying to hurdle the centre barrier after one too many , it was not a pretty sight after he failed miserably and came crashing down the other side .

The Rank .You had to be there.

Wow.

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 23:40 - Dec 11 with 588 viewscontroversial_jack

The Rank, or whatever it was called later, Ritzys,I think. Had great times there until i met Mrs CJ in 84.

Mentions must also be given to Barons and Circles. The surf house Bracelet bay mid 70s Friday night if my memory serves me right. The car park was rocking, with couples doing what they did. Fantastic free and easy times
Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 23:52 - Dec 11 with 573 viewsJack123

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 23:40 - Dec 11 by controversial_jack

The Rank, or whatever it was called later, Ritzys,I think. Had great times there until i met Mrs CJ in 84.

Mentions must also be given to Barons and Circles. The surf house Bracelet bay mid 70s Friday night if my memory serves me right. The car park was rocking, with couples doing what they did. Fantastic free and easy times

Perhaps I'm wrong, for some reason I'm thinking after the rank, it went to the mayfair, then ritzys..

Mayfair, didn't last long, think Ritzys came in about 87.

libera nos a malo

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 00:00 - Dec 12 with 566 viewsRobbie

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 17:55 - Dec 11 by Jack123

Where the Park pub was, wasn't it? Went there a few times, hazy recollection of it, think you went upstairs as you went in? Wasn't too bad, but it was pretty quiet there, don't think it lasted long.

Agree , remember it as The Park , and it is now my HSBC so still taking money off me .

Sure there was a pub somewhere with a bloody big bear greeting you as you arrived , it was not a bouncer though , Flight of stairs by the side of this welcoming attraction .
Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 00:05 - Dec 12 with 561 viewsJack123

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 00:00 - Dec 12 by Robbie

Agree , remember it as The Park , and it is now my HSBC so still taking money off me .

Sure there was a pub somewhere with a bloody big bear greeting you as you arrived , it was not a bouncer though , Flight of stairs by the side of this welcoming attraction .

Big Bear Number 10?

libera nos a malo

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 00:22 - Dec 12 with 550 viewsRobbie

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 00:05 - Dec 12 by Jack123

Big Bear Number 10?

That name rings a bell , The No. 10 , Union St. if I remember the site .
Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 00:38 - Dec 12 with 542 viewsJack123

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 00:22 - Dec 12 by Robbie

That name rings a bell , The No. 10 , Union St. if I remember the site .

I think that's one of the only of the old pubs I never went in, but I remember wales online did a story of old Swansea pubs. Saying that, I may have gone in there, who knows state I used to get into back in the 80's.

libera nos a malo

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 09:34 - Dec 12 with 516 viewsRonaldStump

Was Bonkers 80's or early 90's ...thought it went from stireout to Bonkers but i could be wrong . martha's wine bar always good on a Sunday

(He She Him)

Best 1980’s Sunday Night Out in Town on 13:25 - Dec 12 with 486 views1983

Bonkers was great the first kind of fun pub of it's time in Swansea a night in there was like a cross between a Radio 1 roadshow and a 18-30 holiday. I remember I won a "I'm going bonkers for Christmas" t shirt for a game which was basically eating crisps off some birds stomach while she was lying on the dance floor or some kind of sh1t like that. Think it went on to be called Mothers after that but it was never really the same. Mayfair/ Ritzy was massive and as soon as you walked through the door you would lose you mates and spend the rest of the night trying to find each other.

Swansea in the late 80's & 90's pre-drug scene was a great place for a night out and on the pull

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024