Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Second hand Car Dealers 00:00 - Dec 12 with 780 viewsJack123

Friend just rung me up, his car has packed in, needs a new one, newish from 19 plate onwards, anyone to avoid? I guess the main question would be, who gives the best customer service if things go wrong.

libera nos a malo

Second hand Car Dealers on 00:16 - Dec 12 with 761 viewsmajorraglan

I bought a second hand car from FRF Toyota and thy’ve been very good to be honest, it had a 5 year warranty which I’ve extended.

Looking for a newish car, 19 plate onwards I think I’d look at Motorpoint, Ron Skinner and some of the big dealers, they will be quite competitive.
I was talking to a guy who delivers cars for Cinch the other day, he explained Cinch were part of BCA (British Car Auctions) and it was his understanding they were “taking” the best cars going through the auctions, giving them a clean and selling them on thereby cutting out the dealers who traditionally got their stock from auctions.
Second hand Car Dealers on 00:26 - Dec 12 with 751 viewsJack123

Second hand Car Dealers on 00:16 - Dec 12 by majorraglan

I bought a second hand car from FRF Toyota and thy’ve been very good to be honest, it had a 5 year warranty which I’ve extended.

Looking for a newish car, 19 plate onwards I think I’d look at Motorpoint, Ron Skinner and some of the big dealers, they will be quite competitive.
I was talking to a guy who delivers cars for Cinch the other day, he explained Cinch were part of BCA (British Car Auctions) and it was his understanding they were “taking” the best cars going through the auctions, giving them a clean and selling them on thereby cutting out the dealers who traditionally got their stock from auctions.

Thanks, I was thinking Motorpoint, I'm useless with cars, so when I go with him, it's pot luck, I just want to make sure the best car dealer around if they have sold a dud, they handle the aftermath correctly.

libera nos a malo

Second hand Car Dealers on 08:51 - Dec 12 with 697 viewsWhiterockin

It's not a good time to buy a second hand car. Prices are artificially high due to the shortage of new cars. As soon as the new cars work their way through the price of second hand cars will crash. Basically the more you spend on a second hand car now the more you will lose. I was talking to a new car salesman last week and he said they were really concerned about the stock value of the second hand cars on site. They expect the new car situation to work itself out in six months and could loose £5K per car for all the 1-2 year olds on site if they don't offload quickly when the time comes.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 9:35]
Second hand Car Dealers on 10:15 - Dec 12 with 629 viewsonehunglow

Kevin Bromage is your man.
JBG on this site

Great bloke and honest

PM me for further details

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

Second hand Car Dealers on 11:22 - Dec 12 with 583 viewsjack_lord

Second hand Car Dealers on 10:15 - Dec 12 by onehunglow

Kevin Bromage is your man.
JBG on this site

Great bloke and honest

PM me for further details

Kev might be packing it in Rich.

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Second hand Car Dealers on 12:24 - Dec 12 with 561 viewsmax936

Second hand Car Dealers on 11:22 - Dec 12 by jack_lord

Tired git in he Think he's just doing the odd deals now, he put a car he had forsale up on his facebook page a week or so ago.

Poll: Will it Snow this coming Winter

Second hand Car Dealers on 12:53 - Dec 12 with 538 viewsBoundy

Trade Centre Wales but make sure the horn works

"In a free society, the State is the servant of the people—not the master."

Second hand Car Dealers on 13:01 - Dec 12 with 534 viewsCountyJim

Motorpoint are brilliant no pressure great cars
Login to get fewer ads

Second hand Car Dealers on 13:01 - Dec 12 with 535 viewsProfessor

Second hand Car Dealers on 08:51 - Dec 12 by Whiterockin

It's not a good time to buy a second hand car. Prices are artificially high due to the shortage of new cars. As soon as the new cars work their way through the price of second hand cars will crash. Basically the more you spend on a second hand car now the more you will lose. I was talking to a new car salesman last week and he said they were really concerned about the stock value of the second hand cars on site. They expect the new car situation to work itself out in six months and could loose £5K per car for all the 1-2 year olds on site if they don't offload quickly when the time comes.
[Post edited 12 Dec 2021 9:35]

That’s right. In process of buying a new car. Part exchange value has going up from 4.8k to 6.2k. Although new car prices are rising too.
Second hand Car Dealers on 13:05 - Dec 12 with 531 viewsCountyJim

Second hand Car Dealers on 12:53 - Dec 12 by Boundy

Trade Centre Wales but make sure the horn works

Not the same since Trev left 😔
Second hand Car Dealers on 13:45 - Dec 12 with 519 viewslifelong

Bought a few cars from motorpoint over the years, my last experience was not as good as it should have been. There was a fault with the vehicle which was not covered by the manufacturers warranty and they simply weren’t interested.

Second hand prices are way overpriced lately, my wife drives a 3 year old Astra, took it for it’s first MOT last week to a Vauxhall dealers, they offered me 2 grand more than I paid for it 2 years ago, mind it was priced against a new Corsa which was also overpriced.
Second hand Car Dealers on 15:13 - Dec 12 with 455 viewsonehunglow

Second hand Car Dealers on 11:22 - Dec 12 by jack_lord

He has, I let 123 know.
Kev doing something else now.
Great company .

Poll: Christmas. Enjoyable or not

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024