Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Prison Menus 17:06 - Oct 17 with 10410 viewsLord_Bony

Not too bad actually. I think a lot of homeless people would prefer to be inside with a couple of square meals a day and access to playstions,tv,books etc. Like being in a holiday camp for some.

But to be fair,hard-core violent prisoners don't have access to any of this.

Here's a typical menu from HM Prison Hull...

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/news/hull-east-yorkshire-news/chicken-curry-pizz

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"
Poll: iS tHERE lIFE aFTER dEATH

Prison Menus on 20:44 - Oct 18 with 1585 viewsLeonWasGod

Prison Menus on 19:15 - Oct 18 by Sirjohnalot

I defended a chap who was charged with murder.

He was in bed and his house was broken into. There were two of them, one said his mate had his wife and daughter downstairs and were going to rape them. He fought this guy and in doing so, killed him with a knife from the house.

My client was arrested for murder and remanded for a trial which took place around 9 months later.....what type of food should he have had ?

9 months sounds pretty quick compared to some stories coming out of the system. The public should be as interested in the state of the justice system as they are the NHS or schools, but don’t seem to be for some reason.
Prison Menus on 21:11 - Oct 18 with 1567 viewsSirjohnalot

Prison Menus on 20:40 - Oct 18 by Flashberryjack

If I may ask, if he/she admits to committing a serious crime, but wants you to plead his/her innocence, how would that change things ?

Always ask, always happy to answer anything I can.

Your first duty is to the court, you cannot mislead the court or lie to it. So if he tells you he has done it but wants to go not guilty, you cannot ‘assert a positive case’. What this means is that you can’t cross examine any witness saying that he is not guilty or did not do A B or C. You are able to let the prosecution case unfold without asking any questions to see if a case is made out but cannot call defendant and let him say he’s not done it if he’s told you he has.

If he insists on you cross examining witnesses and giving evidence, you can no longer represent him and you are professionally obliged to walk away. This is what normally happens, as you explain to him that you cannot properly represent him based on what he’s said.
Prison Menus on 21:14 - Oct 18 with 1560 viewsSirjohnalot

Prison Menus on 20:44 - Oct 18 by LeonWasGod

9 months sounds pretty quick compared to some stories coming out of the system. The public should be as interested in the state of the justice system as they are the NHS or schools, but don’t seem to be for some reason.

Because they think everyone accused is scum or guilty based in what they read in the papers. Had a guy yesterday on an appeal a conviction in the Crown Court which was successful, his name was cleared. He paid privately, but will only get a fraction of his costs back as the Government stopped reimbursing people about 5 years ago who’d be found not guilty.
Prison Menus on 00:10 - Oct 19 with 1507 viewsJack123

Iv'e been watching the crime and punishment documentary on c4, only two episodes in, but to be in prison look's absolutely horrific! Nothing but self harm and locked up for 23 hours plus.. From what I have seen, doesn't seem to be much rehabilitation for these guys, just a constant cycle, prison, out, prison. :(

libera nos a malo

Prison Menus on 00:14 - Oct 19 with 1506 viewsDJack

Prison Menus on 19:20 - Oct 18 by Swanjaxs

Do you think it's a good idea coming on a public forum and discussing one of your past clients?

To answer your question...

Basic prison food

So then, he gave no identifying details...What's your point?

Secondly. What the fùck is "Basic prison food "?

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Prison Menus on 00:47 - Oct 19 with 1487 viewsmajorraglan

Prison Menus on 21:14 - Oct 18 by Sirjohnalot

Because they think everyone accused is scum or guilty based in what they read in the papers. Had a guy yesterday on an appeal a conviction in the Crown Court which was successful, his name was cleared. He paid privately, but will only get a fraction of his costs back as the Government stopped reimbursing people about 5 years ago who’d be found not guilty.

It’s a pretty poor state of affairs that people found not guilty are not reimbursed, I read the other day that the Government are looking to change this after a couple of high profile cases including the one against Nigel Evans MP. It can’t be right that people found Not Guilty are left picking up the pieces, potentially to the tune of tens or hundreds of thousands of pounds.
Prison Menus on 01:35 - Oct 19 with 1467 viewsSwanjaxs

Prison Menus on 00:14 - Oct 19 by DJack

So then, he gave no identifying details...What's your point?

Secondly. What the fùck is "Basic prison food "?

Oh shut up you prìck your starting to annoy me know...

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Prison Menus on 01:38 - Oct 19 with 1461 viewsDJack

Prison Menus on 01:35 - Oct 19 by Swanjaxs

Oh shut up you prìck your starting to annoy me know...

OK I'll bite. My previous post and what other annoys you?

p.s. Don't go searching to justify!

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Login to get fewer ads

Prison Menus on 01:42 - Oct 19 with 1455 viewsLord_Bony

An interesting article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49886053

Basically a life sentence is not a life sentence some people get out after 18 months serving such a sentence.

PROUD RECIPIENT OF THE THIRD PLANET SWANS LIFETIME ACHIEVEMENT AWARD. "Per ardua ad astra"

Prison Menus on 01:45 - Oct 19 with 1445 viewsSwanjaxs

Prison Menus on 01:38 - Oct 19 by DJack

OK I'll bite. My previous post and what other annoys you?

p.s. Don't go searching to justify!

Everything you post annoys me.

p.s. go fuçk yourself 👍

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.

Prison Menus on 01:46 - Oct 19 with 1442 viewsDJack

Prison Menus on 01:42 - Oct 19 by Lord_Bony

An interesting article.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-49886053

Basically a life sentence is not a life sentence some people get out after 18 months serving such a sentence.

Any articles on rehabilitatin versus incarceration and their individual recidivism rates?

Prison Menus on 01:50 - Oct 19 with 1430 viewsDJack

Prison Menus on 01:45 - Oct 19 by Swanjaxs

Everything you post annoys me.

p.s. go fuçk yourself 👍

For a docker you seem a bit sensitive.

Prison Menu on 07:51 - Oct 19 with 1369 viewsSirjohnalot

Prison Menus on 19:20 - Oct 18 by Swanjaxs

Do you think it's a good idea coming on a public forum and discussing one of your past clients?

To answer your question...

Basic prison food

it was in the paper at the time and reported. I’ve not said where, when, or anything about it that could lead to his being identified as he was also anonymised in the paper.

I’ve repeated the reported facts.
Prison Menus on 09:15 - Oct 19 with 1326 viewsjacks777

Prison Menus on 21:54 - Oct 17 by Sirjohnalot

Also the fact that a lot are locked up 22 plus hours a day in a small cell, face record levels of violence and and suicides.

Don’t believe all this holiday camp nonsense you read in the Daily Mail. It’s not true. I’ve just finished a inquest into a death of a prisoner in a local jail. Very grim.

Well if they didn’t commit crime they wouldn’t be in jail would they.
Prison Menus on 09:50 - Oct 19 with 1308 viewsHighjack

Prison Menus on 09:15 - Oct 19 by jacks777

This. Let’s not start feeling sympathy for the human sputum who knowingly and willingly choose to hurt other people.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Prison Menus on 12:01 - Oct 19 with 1276 viewsSirjohnalot

Prison Menus on 09:15 - Oct 19 by jacks777

Putting aside the growing number of people inside with major mental health problems, you are supposing that everybody in prison have been rightly convicted. The fact that people get freed on appeal may disprove that.

It also said that a society is judged on how it treats its poor and prisoners. Irrespective of what someone has done, is it not right that when they are in prison they should be treated with dignity ? Otherwise, is society, as a whole, any better than those who they are imprisoning ?

If prison is meant to be rehabilitation and punishment then treating people badly will only make them worse, surely ?
Prison Menus on 12:06 - Oct 19 with 1261 viewsjacks777

Prison Menus on 12:01 - Oct 19 by Sirjohnalot

Putting aside the growing number of people inside with major mental health problems, you are supposing that everybody in prison have been rightly convicted. The fact that people get freed on appeal may disprove that.

It also said that a society is judged on how it treats its poor and prisoners. Irrespective of what someone has done, is it not right that when they are in prison they should be treated with dignity ? Otherwise, is society, as a whole, any better than those who they are imprisoning ?

If prison is meant to be rehabilitation and punishment then treating people badly will only make them worse, surely ?

Ridiculous. We can’t treat all prisoners on the theory that they may be innocent that logic just wouldn’t work. The vast majority are guilty.

Also who actually said “ society is judged” ? Probably some liberal snowflake who’s completely detached from reality.
Prison Menus on 12:21 - Oct 19 with 1243 viewsSwanjaxs

Prison Menus on 01:50 - Oct 19 by DJack

For a docker you seem a bit sensitive.

Cock

Prison Menus on 12:31 - Oct 19 with 1234 viewsSirjohnalot

Prison Menus on 12:06 - Oct 19 by jacks777

Ridiculous. We can’t treat all prisoners on the theory that they may be innocent that logic just wouldn’t work. The vast majority are guilty.

Also who actually said “ society is judged” ? Probably some liberal snowflake who’s completely detached from reality.

It was Mahatma Ghandi. Not sure I’d describe him as a snowflake.

Not sure we’re going to agree here but if you’re going to Wigan in a couple of weeks, happy to buy you a pint. Hope you have a lovely weekend.
Prison Menus on 12:35 - Oct 19 with 1231 viewsjacks777

Prison Menus on 12:31 - Oct 19 by Sirjohnalot

It was Mahatma Ghandi. Not sure I’d describe him as a snowflake.

Not sure we’re going to agree here but if you’re going to Wigan in a couple of weeks, happy to buy you a pint. Hope you have a lovely weekend.

Thanks for the offer but not going to Wigan.
Prison Menus on 12:47 - Oct 19 with 1221 viewsDJack

Prison Menus on 09:50 - Oct 19 by Highjack

This. Let’s not start feeling sympathy for the human sputum who knowingly and willingly choose to hurt other people.

Highjack, you and I have gone over this topic before and I still believe rehabilitation is a better choice than punishment, it doesn't mean I "have sympathy". It's just the countries that go for rehabilitation have less recidivism and it would be better to have a society of functioning, contributing humans rather than aggrieved thugs and charlatans.

Prison Menus on 12:47 - Oct 19 with 1221 viewsDJack

Prison Menus on 12:21 - Oct 19 by Swanjaxs

Cock

Do you need a safe space?

Try ADDING something to the discussion.

Prison Menus on 12:49 - Oct 19 with 1219 viewsjacks777

Prison Menus on 12:47 - Oct 19 by DJack

Highjack, you and I have gone over this topic before and I still believe rehabilitation is a better choice than punishment, it doesn't mean I "have sympathy". It's just the countries that go for rehabilitation have less recidivism and it would be better to have a society of functioning, contributing humans rather than aggrieved thugs and charlatans.

Rubbish
Prison Menus on 13:39 - Oct 19 with 1199 viewsLord_Bony

Gentlemen please.

Prison Menus on 13:59 - Oct 19 with 1177 viewsSwanjaxs

Prison Menus on 12:47 - Oct 19 by DJack

Do you need a safe space?

Try ADDING something to the discussion.

I've made my point several times in this thread you div.

I seem to be a bit of a problem for you I think mate...

Now go fuçk yourself 👍

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024