Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 22:13 - Dec 18 with 3812 viewsPentyrchJack

https://www.itv.com/news/wales/2019-12-17/mark-drakeford-accuses-prime-minister-

Poll: Fox Hunting - what do you think?

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 17:17 - Dec 19 with 689 viewsVincent_Vega

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 16:50 - Dec 19 by Catullus

So did many Welsh people vote Tory because of Corbyn or because of Drakeford and Welsh Labour?

Did they? Yeah I know the north did but south wales is still very much red

Boycott Shampoo......Demand Real Poo!!!

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 19:22 - Dec 19 with 656 viewsmajorraglan

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 16:47 - Dec 19 by Wingstandwood

I do not have a clue what all the reasoning behind this is, but its bizarre to say the least. It looks like Drakeford wants nothing to do with it whatsoever. Does he want any major improvement to Welsh infrastructure? I wonder what motorists, who through necessity regularly have to travel down that way think?

Quote: ''The Prime Minister has no say in the M4 relief road whatsoever.'' Drakeford insisted that even if the UK Government paid for the relief road, he still would not go ahead with the plans.

''It is not for Mr Johnson to pay,'' he said.

''It is not the way the system works. Then you're talking about very big changes indeed and a Prime Minister that would launching an assault on devolution because the way devolution works is the money comes to the Welsh Government and it is then for the National Assembly of Wales to decide how the money is spent, not for a Prime Minister in London.''

I get this is Wales and the WAG are supposed to govern etc, if Boris is offering up several billion to pay for a new road, then we should be grabbing the opportunity and not arguing over party politics. It’s an interesting shout that the new Welsh Minister is a Pembs Tory, someone who effectively lives at the end of the line and assuming he drives or catches the 1.5 hour service from Swansea to Haverfordwest will now just how poor our infrastructure is as opposed to Alun Cairns who’s a Vale of Glamorgan MP. Instead of the upgrades to the Carmarthen Haverfordwest and Carmarthen to Pembroke Dock Road, I would have pooled the money in to 1 pot and duelled 1 road all the way through then the other, even if it meant delaying the work so the money had to be saved.

The WAG have issues, and finance is one of them. A lot of our younger population is moving away particularly in the area where I live and they are being replaced by older people coming from the East, this is increasing the age profile here and obviously that impacts on social care budgets and on the NHS.

If we want to prosper.

Edit correct predictive text.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 19:54]
Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 19:40 - Dec 19 with 641 viewsmonmouth

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 17:17 - Dec 19 by Vincent_Vega

Did they? Yeah I know the north did but south wales is still very much red

Yes, this received idea that the whole of the UK is now Tory is utter bollocks. England is Tory and that's just about it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 19:49 - Dec 19 with 635 viewsWingstandwood

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 19:22 - Dec 19 by majorraglan

I get this is Wales and the WAG are supposed to govern etc, if Boris is offering up several billion to pay for a new road, then we should be grabbing the opportunity and not arguing over party politics. It’s an interesting shout that the new Welsh Minister is a Pembs Tory, someone who effectively lives at the end of the line and assuming he drives or catches the 1.5 hour service from Swansea to Haverfordwest will now just how poor our infrastructure is as opposed to Alun Cairns who’s a Vale of Glamorgan MP. Instead of the upgrades to the Carmarthen Haverfordwest and Carmarthen to Pembroke Dock Road, I would have pooled the money in to 1 pot and duelled 1 road all the way through then the other, even if it meant delaying the work so the money had to be saved.

The WAG have issues, and finance is one of them. A lot of our younger population is moving away particularly in the area where I live and they are being replaced by older people coming from the East, this is increasing the age profile here and obviously that impacts on social care budgets and on the NHS.

If we want to prosper.

Edit correct predictive text.
[Post edited 19 Dec 2019 19:54]

Modern up to day infrastructure will give the country and its youth a better future I would have thought.

I find it an utterly bizarre situation tbh, why does the WAG and its leader fear something that is so required desperately and reported thus? And talk about an own-goal for all those that want a full independent Wales.

FFS any government thats ambition it is for Wales to have a transport network 50 + years out of date is well and truly away with the faeries. A full independent Wales will probably reelect/recycle the same bunch i.e. the Labour Party maybe with a a name tweak e.g. Labour Nationalist Party or something similar????

What WAG's future plan for Wales called ? Project New Albania?

Argus!

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 19:59 - Dec 19 with 613 viewsmajorraglan

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 19:49 - Dec 19 by Wingstandwood

Modern up to day infrastructure will give the country and its youth a better future I would have thought.

I find it an utterly bizarre situation tbh, why does the WAG and its leader fear something that is so required desperately and reported thus? And talk about an own-goal for all those that want a full independent Wales.

FFS any government thats ambition it is for Wales to have a transport network 50 + years out of date is well and truly away with the faeries. A full independent Wales will probably reelect/recycle the same bunch i.e. the Labour Party maybe with a a name tweak e.g. Labour Nationalist Party or something similar????

What WAG's future plan for Wales called ? Project New Albania?

We were out in Spain over the summer, inland from the Costas. The recent investment in roads etc was eye opening, brand new motorways and duel carriageways have been build allowing investment to flow in to rural areas. And we remain 50 years behind.
Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 20:01 - Dec 19 with 607 viewsCatullus

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 19:40 - Dec 19 by monmouth

Yes, this received idea that the whole of the UK is now Tory is utter bollocks. England is Tory and that's just about it.

Well no, the areas with a Tory MP are Tory, the other areas are whoever they voted in.
The parts of Wales that voted a Tory MP in, are Tory, until the next election or bye election anyway.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 20:07 - Dec 19 with 601 viewsCatullus

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 16:47 - Dec 19 by Wingstandwood

I do not have a clue what all the reasoning behind this is, but its bizarre to say the least. It looks like Drakeford wants nothing to do with it whatsoever. Does he want any major improvement to Welsh infrastructure? I wonder what motorists, who through necessity regularly have to travel down that way think?

Quote: ''The Prime Minister has no say in the M4 relief road whatsoever.'' Drakeford insisted that even if the UK Government paid for the relief road, he still would not go ahead with the plans.

''It is not for Mr Johnson to pay,'' he said.

''It is not the way the system works. Then you're talking about very big changes indeed and a Prime Minister that would launching an assault on devolution because the way devolution works is the money comes to the Welsh Government and it is then for the National Assembly of Wales to decide how the money is spent, not for a Prime Minister in London.''

So if Bojo said here's the money build the road, Drakeford would say no because he says it's an attack on devolution?

Drakeford would rather be able to blame underfunding from Westminster than actually improve Wales, going by that little gem.

Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 20:11 - Dec 19 with 591 viewsHighjack

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 20:07 - Dec 19 by Catullus

So if Bojo said here's the money build the road, Drakeford would say no because he says it's an attack on devolution?

Drakeford would rather be able to blame underfunding from Westminster than actually improve Wales, going by that little gem.

Mark is just clearly flexing his considerable muscles and showing Boris who is boss. He’s like a big silverback bashing his chest whilst Boris is the little baboon sticking its finger up it’s big purple arse.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Login to get fewer ads

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 20:14 - Dec 19 with 588 viewsCatullus

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 20:11 - Dec 19 by Highjack

Mark is just clearly flexing his considerable muscles and showing Boris who is boss. He’s like a big silverback bashing his chest whilst Boris is the little baboon sticking its finger up it’s big purple arse.

Uch, now I have images in my head that will haunt me for days.

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 20:30 - Dec 19 with 571 viewsHighjack

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 20:14 - Dec 19 by Catullus

Uch, now I have images in my head that will haunt me for days.

Good thing I didn’t mention him pull his finger out of his big purple arse and start licking it like a cornetto then.

The creatures outside looked from pig to man, and from man to pig, and from pig to man again; but already it was impossible to say which was which.
Poll: Should Dippy Drakeford do us all a massive favour and just bog off?

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 22:43 - Dec 19 with 499 viewsCatullus

Head on clash soon between Boris and Drakeford over new M4 on 20:30 - Dec 19 by Highjack

Good thing I didn’t mention him pull his finger out of his big purple arse and start licking it like a cornetto then.

You have a disturbed mind! Now mine is disturbed too. I think my Tiramisu is coming back up.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024