Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread 17:13 - Dec 22 with 32936 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 26 Dec 2019 14:58]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 23:42 - Dec 26 with 1745 viewsNotLoyal

I don't see our team playing to its full potential because I look at ayews endeavour and don't see it being matched by the other 9 outfiejd players. Therefore the swans support which is outstanding especially away is being cheated time and time again by players not putting in 100%.
For me it's as simple as that.

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 01:57 - Dec 27 with 1600 viewsTimTtam

Amazing to see at least one CooperOut post already...

We were poor in the first half despite some promising play from Celina and Bidwell. But that second half was much better for me. I know Brentford left a lot of space, but some of our passing looked really good. Byers and Carrol improved, Grimes kept his decent level from the first half, Celina kept looking good, and Roberts improved dramatically. Ayew managed to get more of the ball and got his goal. Brentford's third goal was excusable since we were trying to equalise and thus left a lot of open space.

The subs were very good too. Finally Cooper made earlier, more attacking subs. They didn't set the world on fire, but they helped make the team more threatening.

Brentford are a good team with quality players and a good passing game. It's probably the first time since Man City that I've felt ok after a loss.
[Post edited 27 Dec 2019 1:57]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 09:50 - Dec 27 with 1322 views34dfgdf54

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 01:57 - Dec 27 by TimTtam

We were poor in the first half despite some promising play from Celina and Bidwell. But that second half was much better for me. I know Brentford left a lot of space, but some of our passing looked really good. Byers and Carrol improved, Grimes kept his decent level from the first half, Celina kept looking good, and Roberts improved dramatically. Ayew managed to get more of the ball and got his goal. Brentford's third goal was excusable since we were trying to equalise and thus left a lot of open space.

The subs were very good too. Finally Cooper made earlier, more attacking subs. They didn't set the world on fire, but they helped make the team more threatening.

Brentford are a good team with quality players and a good passing game. It's probably the first time since Man City that I've felt ok after a loss.

I know what you are saying about feeling bad after yesterday, I didn’t feel too down over it. We need to know our level and unfortunately Brentford are streets ahead of us in every department at the moment. We put up a decent fight second half and didn’t get smashed as I expected.

Still worried about next season though, Ayew is single handedly getting us results and I’m not even exaggerating.
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 13:22 - Dec 27 with 1200 viewsperplex

Picking a midfield consisting of Byers, Carroll, Celina, all of whom fear hard physical contact, can not be good management surely
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 14:13 - Dec 27 with 1166 viewsBadlands

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 01:57 - Dec 27 by TimTtam

I think you'll find there have been many!
With the exception of the Cardiff game we haven't played well since August.
We have dropped points to incredibly poor teams and huffed and puffed for draws when we should have comfortably take all 3.
This is another Monk season ... unmotivated players, scraping point from a*se clinchingly boring football.
Brentford are a decent team but there was every opportunity to have got a point or points yesterday.
Not adding experience of Naughton to that back line was an oversight, not changing things fro the second half was an oversight, not bringing on subs until it was too late was repeated failing as was starting the game with Byers and Grimes in midfield.
Players are slower, less motivated and less well prepared than in August and the man paid to make sure that doesn't happen is Cooper.

Poll: Should the summer transfer window close before the season starts?

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 16:26 - Dec 27 with 1119 viewsTimTtam

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 14:13 - Dec 27 by Badlands

I think you'll find there have been many!
With the exception of the Cardiff game we haven't played well since August.
We have dropped points to incredibly poor teams and huffed and puffed for draws when we should have comfortably take all 3.
This is another Monk season ... unmotivated players, scraping point from a*se clinchingly boring football.
Brentford are a decent team but there was every opportunity to have got a point or points yesterday.
Not adding experience of Naughton to that back line was an oversight, not changing things fro the second half was an oversight, not bringing on subs until it was too late was repeated failing as was starting the game with Byers and Grimes in midfield.
Players are slower, less motivated and less well prepared than in August and the man paid to make sure that doesn't happen is Cooper.

The Reading, Stoke, and Barnsley results were awful yes. But the Leeds, Wigan, and Sheff. Wed results were equally wonderful. We dropped 5 points, but also picked up 5 points.

Since Cardiff, we've played well against Sheff. Wed (2nd half), Fulham (2nd half), Luton, and Brentford (2nd half). Albeit not many complete performances, but we've shown decent 2nd half form.

I can see your issues with Cooper, and many are justified. But there's no point changing managers again. Who could we bring in instead (they would have to be a very cheap option)? Lets keep Cooper for a full year and break the cycle which has seen our last 5 managers get sacked or leave the club within 12 months. He's a rookie and he is still learning. Hopefully he can learn from his mistakes.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 23:34 - Dec 27 with 1029 viewsswitchingcode

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 21:04 - Dec 26 by dameedna

We were in this game. Would have been better to stop Brentford scoring in the first half. 3 points off 3rd. Not quite good enough but nothing to whinge about incessently. Dissapointing but we will keep going. We were outplayed at home by the Bees where all their adventure paid off for them. I would argue we are improving and pushed them hard this time. We are hardly a billy big bollox club.

Agree thought we bossed first half apart from the first 10 mins second half the points were far from in the bag untill we got our third.You are a decent side can’t believe it’s so gloomy on here and us Bees are jubilant but only 3 points ahead.
The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 01:11 - Dec 28 with 993 viewsjasper_T

The Official Brentford FC versus Swansea City Match Thread on 23:34 - Dec 27 by switchingcode

Agree thought we bossed first half apart from the first 10 mins second half the points were far from in the bag untill we got our third.You are a decent side can’t believe it’s so gloomy on here and us Bees are jubilant but only 3 points ahead.

Form is the difference. We started with 5 wins in August and have only matched that number in the 4 months following (apart from Cardiff all against bottom-end sides). You had a rougher start but have been in promotion form since the end of September.

21 points from 18 games naturally carries with it some gloom, especially when we consider how lucky we were to come away with many of the August results (Leeds especially was a robbery).
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024