Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
South Africa v England 11:16 - Dec 26 with 11824 viewsexiledclaseboy

First test now. Saffers 97/4 just after lunch. England won the toss. Sam Curran does have a welcome habit of taking wickets in the first over of a spell. Done it twice today.

Poll: Tory leader

South Africa v England on 19:42 - Jan 7 with 1013 viewsLuther27

South Africa v England on 19:35 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

It’s an ICC proposal to “streamline” the fixture calendar. It’s not a bad shout in some series and fewer and fewer games are going five days. But it’s shouldn’t be the standard.

5day tests should be sacrosanct in my view. There are enough bash games to keep those with less attention span happy.
South Africa v England on 19:44 - Jan 7 with 1011 viewsMuteswan

South Africa v England on 18:44 - Jan 7 by theloneranger

I've never liked Stokes outside cricket, but as a sportsman and competitor there's not much better in cricket. I think there's a lot more if England use him properly as an all rounder, and not as the 7th bowler.

Today he did something I've never seen in sport before. When called up to receive the "Man of the Match Award", he said he was refusing it because he believed the true man of the match was Dom Sibley for his maiden Test century and what it meant in the game.

This hurts 😂😂 ... Well done Ben Stokes.

Fully agree. I was fortunate enough to watch a fair bit of the play today.At one stage I thought it was going to end as a drawn match but fair play it was a great finish and quite a few stepped up. Stokes is up there with Botham and Flintoff, well not quite with Botham. 😉
South Africa v England on 19:44 - Jan 7 with 1007 viewsexiledclaseboy

South Africa v England on 19:42 - Jan 7 by Luther27

5day tests should be sacrosanct in my view. There are enough bash games to keep those with less attention span happy.

No arguments from me. Although when you’ve got one of the emerging nations playing an established nation, four days should be plenty for those games. Unless the weather intervenes of course.

South Africa v England on 19:46 - Jan 7 with 1001 viewsLuther27

South Africa v England on 19:44 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

No arguments from me. Although when you’ve got one of the emerging nations playing an established nation, four days should be plenty for those games. Unless the weather intervenes of course.

Bugger. You have a very good point there. I suppose some sort of compromise could be worked out maybe depending on the World rankings.
South Africa v England on 19:47 - Jan 7 with 996 viewsexiledclaseboy

South Africa v England on 19:44 - Jan 7 by Muteswan

Fully agree. I was fortunate enough to watch a fair bit of the play today.At one stage I thought it was going to end as a drawn match but fair play it was a great finish and quite a few stepped up. Stokes is up there with Botham and Flintoff, well not quite with Botham. 😉

If he stays fit I can see him surpassing Botham. He’s already surpassed Flintoff IMO. Better batting average and bowling average only slightly behind Flintoff’s.

South Africa v England on 19:50 - Jan 7 with 993 viewsdickythorpe

That was a fantastic act to demand Sibley took his award.
Great team spirit. He should be captain.
South Africa v England on 19:51 - Jan 7 with 991 viewstheloneranger

Great story about Dom Sibley's grandfather and his 2 bets @ 150/1 and 66/1 that his grandson would play for England.

His grandfather placed the bets in 2011, but he sadly died 4 months later. The family didn't know anything about the bets until William Hill informed Sibley's mother that the family had won £21000.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

South Africa v England on 19:52 - Jan 7 with 984 viewsexiledclaseboy

South Africa v England on 19:46 - Jan 7 by Luther27

Bugger. You have a very good point there. I suppose some sort of compromise could be worked out maybe depending on the World rankings.

That’s probably where it’ll end up I think. England played Ireland last summer in a four day Test, Ireland’s first ever. It was over in less than three.

Login to get fewer ads

South Africa v England on 19:53 - Jan 7 with 978 viewsLuther27

South Africa v England on 19:51 - Jan 7 by theloneranger

Great story about Dom Sibley's grandfather and his 2 bets @ 150/1 and 66/1 that his grandson would play for England.

His grandfather placed the bets in 2011, but he sadly died 4 months later. The family didn't know anything about the bets until William Hill informed Sibley's mother that the family had won £21000.

What a great story.
South Africa v England on 20:02 - Jan 7 with 963 viewsWarwickHunt

South Africa v England on 19:44 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

Just don’t buy tickets for day five (or day four).

Sri Lanka were emerging not so long ago.
South Africa v England on 20:03 - Jan 7 with 959 viewsexiledclaseboy

South Africa v England on 20:02 - Jan 7 by WarwickHunt

Just don’t buy tickets for day five (or day four).

Sri Lanka were emerging not so long ago.

Every nation was emerging once.

South Africa v England on 21:36 - Jan 7 with 910 viewsJACKMANANDBOY

South Africa v England on 20:03 - Jan 7 by exiledclaseboy

Every nation was emerging once.

Yes, when India started, the no.1 in the rankings, it was thought that they needed an English captain to be organised enough!

Besian Idrizaj Forever a Jack
Poll: When will Duff Revert to 4 at the Back

South Africa v England on 20:18 - Jan 17 with 834 viewsexiledclaseboy

Strong position for England in the third test. Taking 20 wickets won’t be easy though.

South Africa v England on 20:21 - Jan 17 with 831 viewsSwanjaxs

South Africa v England on 20:18 - Jan 17 by exiledclaseboy

Strong position for England in the third test. Taking 20 wickets won’t be easy though.

England have to be in a position to enforce the follow on by stumps tomorrow evening.

It's possible

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

South Africa v England on 20:24 - Jan 17 with 827 viewssainthelens

South Africa v England on 20:21 - Jan 17 by Swanjaxs

England have to be in a position to enforce the follow on by stumps tomorrow evening.

It's possible

Lack of a decent spinner will cost them.
South Africa v England on 20:26 - Jan 17 with 818 viewsSwanjaxs

South Africa v England on 20:24 - Jan 17 by sainthelens

Rain/showers forecast for Sunday too.

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

South Africa v England on 20:26 - Jan 17 with 817 viewsexiledclaseboy

South Africa v England on 20:24 - Jan 17 by sainthelens

Possibly. Bess is ok but there’s no dramas and nothing unexpected from him.

South Africa v England on 20:29 - Jan 17 with 812 viewssainthelens

How long will it be before someone sticks one on Rabada ?
South Africa v England on 20:31 - Jan 17 with 801 viewsexiledclaseboy

South Africa v England on 20:29 - Jan 17 by sainthelens

How long will it be before someone sticks one on Rabada ?

He does seem disagreeable. I did laugh at his face earlier when Root reversed his initial declaration after the no ball. Tamping he was.

South Africa v England on 20:32 - Jan 17 with 801 viewstheloneranger

Another ton for man of the moment Stokes and a great maiden Test ton for Oli Pope.

I just hope England keep the wicket keeper gloves away from Oli now and let him concentrate on his batting. It's time Buttler took a rest from Test cricket and passed the gloves to Ben Foakes.

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

South Africa v England on 20:34 - Jan 17 with 794 viewsexiledclaseboy

South Africa v England on 20:32 - Jan 17 by theloneranger

Another ton for man of the moment Stokes and a great maiden Test ton for Oli Pope.

I just hope England keep the wicket keeper gloves away from Oli now and let him concentrate on his batting. It's time Buttler took a rest from Test cricket and passed the gloves to Ben Foakes.

Buttler’s a good keeper but in no kind of form with the bat. Wouldn’t be surprised see Foakes get the nod for the two games in Sri Lanka in March.

South Africa v England on 20:45 - Jan 17 with 787 viewsbuilthjack

Why are the grounds so empty?

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

South Africa v England on 20:52 - Jan 17 with 775 viewsexiledclaseboy

South Africa v England on 20:45 - Jan 17 by builthjack

Why are the grounds so empty?

They aren’t?

South Africa v England on 21:09 - Jan 17 with 763 viewsbuilthjack

South Africa v England on 20:52 - Jan 17 by exiledclaseboy

They aren’t?

They are

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

South Africa v England on 21:14 - Jan 17 with 759 viewsexiledclaseboy

South Africa v England on 21:09 - Jan 17 by builthjack

They are

They’re not. The crowds are lower for this game because there are fewer England fans there but the second test was sold out for the first three days and pretty full for days four and five.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024