Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here 19:22 - Dec 29 with 22696 viewsDarran

Are you aware of the intricate details of what Birch said about the academy today (below) and were aware of what he was going to say about the academy in today’s matchday programme?

A lot has been mentioned on forums and social media about the future direction of our Academy. As I have stated previously, we continue to keep all aspects of our operations, not just the Academy, under review as we adapt to the restrictive financial life outside the Premier League. Once we have the transfer window out of the way I will provide supporters with a further update.

My aim is to remain open, honest and regular in my communications to supporters, whether it’s good or not so good news. But we need to get through January and complete ongoing reviews first, before I can properly update you. So please bear with me a little longer.

The first ever recipient of a Planet Swans Lifetime Achievement Award.
Poll: Who’s got the most experts

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 23:36 - Dec 29 with 1790 viewsDJack

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 22:14 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

Being gained out of what? Presence in the directors box?

My vote went the same as Cudeys on attendance although as a director of the football club then Stuart should be there imo.

Agreed but he is not suppose to act like the Vichy government.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 23:45 - Dec 29 with 1778 viewsmajorraglan

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 21:09 - Dec 29 by Kilkennyjack

Yes, nor forgetting Jazz and Macca.
Plus Roberts was already into youth when we hit the Prem.

We wont be able pull in ‘body snatchers’ like James and Oli from elsewhere anymore.
And in truth ...for every James there are 10 kenji’s , and for every Oli there are 10 Rory’s.

I would love the club to produce one local player per year.
Every cloud.... the gap between Ben and Roberts was about 7 years.
Not good enough.

Producing players good enough for the Premier League is very difficult, it’s one of the most competitive leagues in the world hence the number of of players from all over the world.

Apart from the top top teams who have fantastic scouting teams and who are hoovering up the best talent, there aren’t many academies producing 1 home grown player per year who is breaking in to the first team. Swansea is out on a geographical limb with a relatively small population base, expecting the club to turn out 1 player a year is radio rental. Statistically, more players will fail than will succeed, but that’s the same everywhere. As things stand, Roberts and Rodon could be the next academy products out of the door and Cabango is breaking through. The lower the club falls the greater the benefit of the academy because to easier to produce a Championship player than a PL player. It could do better, but it’s not as bad as you make out.
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 02:02 - Dec 30 with 1738 viewsSwanDownUnder

The multi million pound court case is on hold because the lawyer is ill?
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 08:36 - Dec 30 with 1672 viewsSwanDownUnder

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 23:36 - Dec 29 by DJack

He sits in the East mun.
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 09:02 - Dec 30 with 1643 viewsJinxy

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:48 - Dec 29 by Darran

It’s wrong and needs to stop.

If we flip it though, what would be the advantage of NOT having Trust representation in the director's box? Personally, I'd rather we have presence there than not.
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 09:03 - Dec 30 with 1639 viewsSwanDownUnder

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 09:02 - Dec 30 by Jinxy

If we flip it though, what would be the advantage of NOT having Trust representation in the director's box? Personally, I'd rather we have presence there than not.

It doesn't make a difference either way
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 09:08 - Dec 30 with 1630 viewsDr_Winston

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 21:27 - Dec 29 by Highjack

Wouldn’t the club be worth more to prospective buyers if it’s got a top class academy regularly bringing through players worth £15 million+?

The club will be worth something to prospective buyers if it's debt free with expenditure no higher than income. An Academy that may or may not bring through £15m players every season or two (how many of them ever manage that in perpetuity?) is less of a factor IMO.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 09:12 - Dec 30 with 1617 viewsSwanDownUnder

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 09:08 - Dec 30 by Dr_Winston

The club will be worth something to prospective buyers if it's debt free with expenditure no higher than income. An Academy that may or may not bring through £15m players every season or two (how many of them ever manage that in perpetuity?) is less of a factor IMO.

This post has been edited by an administrator

Well said... but lets keep spending what we can't afford and get the Americans to invest and dilute our Trust shares.
Login to get fewer ads

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 09:31 - Dec 30 with 1587 viewsPhil_S

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 02:02 - Dec 30 by SwanDownUnder

The multi million pound court case is on hold because the lawyer is ill?

That information was answered in the thread in which it was raised. The very thread in which you would have read it before posting it in here...
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 11:07 - Dec 30 with 1534 viewsDarran

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 22:14 - Dec 29 by Phil_S

Being gained out of what? Presence in the directors box?

My vote went the same as Cudeys on attendance although as a director of the football club then Stuart should be there imo.

Yes.

So what is Stuart gaining from it that he can report back to the Trust Board?

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 11:53 - Dec 30 with 1481 viewsDewi1jack

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 11:07 - Dec 30 by Darran

Yes.

So what is Stuart gaining from it that he can report back to the Trust Board?

Hopefully anything he hears.
There is no way any Trust Board member should have signed a NDA if it interfered with their duty of care to the Trust membership and its shares/ operation.

No Trust member should be in the directors box on "a jolly." That seems to me to be a gross dereliction of duty and that officer needs voting at the next ballot.
To me, that is what I'm reading between the lines from what you're saying/ asking Dar.
If that's the case, I find it disturbing the Trust is going the same route as previously.

The previous owners sold the club very badly. After one failed attempt
If we can be forewarned the next time, we may have the slightest chance to stop it.

If you wake up breathing, thats a good start to your day and you'll make many thousands of people envious.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:19 - Dec 30 with 1465 viewsDarran

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 11:53 - Dec 30 by Dewi1jack

Hopefully anything he hears.
There is no way any Trust Board member should have signed a NDA if it interfered with their duty of care to the Trust membership and its shares/ operation.

No Trust member should be in the directors box on "a jolly." That seems to me to be a gross dereliction of duty and that officer needs voting at the next ballot.
To me, that is what I'm reading between the lines from what you're saying/ asking Dar.
If that's the case, I find it disturbing the Trust is going the same route as previously.

The previous owners sold the club very badly. After one failed attempt
If we can be forewarned the next time, we may have the slightest chance to stop it.

Well yes that’s been pumped out over and over again for years especially by the current Vice Chairman but have they ever actually heard anything of any interest in all these years because unless I’m very mistaken there’s been fuçk all.
The Chairman and Vice Chairman of the football club at the time were negotiating a deal to sell to the current American owners and nobody had the slightest inkling of what was going on.

People don’t actually think the current Chairman would be talking business to the Yanks and then blabbing about it on a match day so the Trust reps can pick up little tit bits do they?

And anyway Birch has already told someone I trust impeccably that he has no time for the Trust.

It’s a farce and needs to stop.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:24 - Dec 30 with 1456 viewschad

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 23:36 - Dec 29 by DJack

Given Petains motto was reportedly

“they shall not pass’

Perhaps it is the team that is more like the Vichy government ;)
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:29 - Dec 30 with 1442 viewschad

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 20:37 - Dec 29 by exiledclaseboy

Before this gets out of hand and we start burning people at the stake it’s worth pointing out that the trust board took a decision sometime ago that we should continue to be represented in the box and that representation should be limited to the elected officers of the board. That is:

Chair, supporter director, vice chair, and associate director. Plus a guest where unavoidable.

It wasn’t a decision I agreed with but it was a decision taken by a majority of the board.

Sorry to digress but Isn’t it the number 1 cited Trust Board disciplinary offence to publicly disagree with majority decisions?

Is the official policy not to keep such concerns secret from the members the Board is supposed to represent?

Remember it was agreed as part of the rules (penned by Ux?) to make the Trust more open!

Part of the promised antidote to all the secrecy and lies by senior Trust officialdom that covered up substantial payments by the club to a previous Trust Director, plus all the cosying up that happened then, leading us to where we are now.

It shall be considered a disciplinary offence for a Society Board member to publicly criticise or to otherwise undermine any decision or policy of the Board.”

Amusingly the number 2 offence is about accepting match tickets or favours.

Still not sure though how covering concerns up makes the Trust more open.

And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth ....
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:29 - Dec 30 with 1442 viewsCooperman

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:19 - Dec 30 by Darran

Well yes that’s been pumped out over and over again for years especially by the current Vice Chairman but have they ever actually heard anything of any interest in all these years because unless I’m very mistaken there’s been fuçk all.
The Chairman and Vice Chairman of the football club at the time were negotiating a deal to sell to the current American owners and nobody had the slightest inkling of what was going on.

People don’t actually think the current Chairman would be talking business to the Yanks and then blabbing about it on a match day so the Trust reps can pick up little tit bits do they?

And anyway Birch has already told someone I trust impeccably that he has no time for the Trust.

Correct.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:31 - Dec 30 with 1434 viewslonglostjack

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:19 - Dec 30 by Darran

I completely agree. Legal action is pending and Trust officials are sitting in the Director’s Box. Why on earth would Birch disclose anything of value to the Trust? His only concern is to maximize revenues in a sale. There’s also the obvious danger that information, however inadvertently, could move in the other direction. The owners have had their chance. Any further meetings between club directors and the Trust should only take place in a formal setting with legal counsel present.

Poll: Alcohol in the lockdown

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:34 - Dec 30 with 1422 viewsexiledclaseboy

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:29 - Dec 30 by chad

Sorry to digress but Isn’t it the number 1 cited Trust Board disciplinary offence to publicly disagree with majority decisions?

Is the official policy not to keep such concerns secret from the members the Board is supposed to represent?

Remember it was agreed as part of the rules (penned by Ux?) to make the Trust more open!

Part of the promised antidote to all the secrecy and lies by senior Trust officialdom that covered up substantial payments by the club to a previous Trust Director, plus all the cosying up that happened then, leading us to where we are now.

It shall be considered a disciplinary offence for a Society Board member to publicly criticise or to otherwise undermine any decision or policy of the Board.”

Amusingly the number 2 offence is about accepting match tickets or favours.

Still not sure though how covering concerns up makes the Trust more open.

And some things that should not have been forgotten were lost. History became legend. Legend became myth ....

Yes I seem to have broken that rule. Oh well. Although I could argue that I haven’t criticised the decision, just said I disagree with it. Not for the first time either.
[Post edited 30 Dec 2019 12:35]

Poll: Tory leader

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:41 - Dec 30 with 1387 viewschad

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 09:02 - Dec 30 by Jinxy

I suppose it would reduce the potential for what occurred with a previous Trust Director.

It would also reduce concerns that some may be enjoying the dubious privileges of being entertained in the Directors Box and kudos emanating from same (plus the networking opportunities that delivers), more than working for the Trust and representing its members.

It is of course a concern that some openly lie about and abuse members to prevent them raising valid concerns.

In fact didn’t a senior Trust Board member contained in that list of permitted attendees once say something along the lines of being happy to align our future with the new owners. At least when Jinx ;) et al were stupid enough to indicate that, it was in the expectation of stuffing £ millions into their fat little pockets.

And of course our current Chair previously shared opinions of some other Trust Board members (not himself), who it seems saw attendance in the Directors box as an entitled perk.
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:41 - Dec 30 with 1383 viewsmonmouth

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:34 - Dec 30 by exiledclaseboy

Yes I seem to have broken that rule. Oh well. Although I could argue that I haven’t criticised the decision, just said I disagree with it. Not for the first time either.

I was going to say you were a man after my own heart and then you watered it down. Colour me disappointed.

It's ok though, we all know you think it's a shit decision driven by self interest.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:49 - Dec 30 with 1356 viewschad

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:34 - Dec 30 by exiledclaseboy

Indeed not for the first time and rightfully so, although perhaps we should remove the rule that rather than enables openness actually makes a mockery of it.

Fair defence on not actually criticising the decision although that could fall on the second prong of otherwise undermining it.
FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:53 - Dec 30 with 1346 viewsUxbridge

Ah the Christmas Trust Piñatathon. One of my favourite holiday traditions. Good to see some old faces back too. Don't ever change, PS.

The directors box thing has been done to death. Some people think there's benefit to attending, some don't. Some think the only show in town is the legal case and ignore everything else to do with the day-to-day stuff, and some don't. That's fine. It's fine to disagree. Being a dick about it, less so. For what it's worth, at various times in the past I've been dead against attending but at the moment with a better working relationship on the ground at least, there's more value there. Whether that continues into the future as decisions are made, or if that relationship changes, is more than up for debate.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 13:00 - Dec 30 with 1317 viewsmonmouth

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:53 - Dec 30 by Uxbridge

Ah the Christmas Trust Piñatathon. One of my favourite holiday traditions. Good to see some old faces back too. Don't ever change, PS.

The directors box thing has been done to death. Some people think there's benefit to attending, some don't. Some think the only show in town is the legal case and ignore everything else to do with the day-to-day stuff, and some don't. That's fine. It's fine to disagree. Being a dick about it, less so. For what it's worth, at various times in the past I've been dead against attending but at the moment with a better working relationship on the ground at least, there's more value there. Whether that continues into the future as decisions are made, or if that relationship changes, is more than up for debate.

...and the annual lighting of the blue touchpaper. Nice one, like it.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 13:03 - Dec 30 with 1311 viewsUxbridge

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 13:00 - Dec 30 by monmouth

...and the annual lighting of the blue touchpaper. Nice one, like it.

And as I've got to drive to your neck of the woods later so won't be online for most of the day, it seemed fitting

It's been a while anyway, and my tolerance levels aren't what they were, especially for rehashing the same arguments.

Blog: Whose money is it anyway?

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 13:04 - Dec 30 with 1307 viewsDarran

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:53 - Dec 30 by Uxbridge

What are you learning by board members being in the box every game then?
You know what little snippets have you picked up this season so far? What is Birchy whispering about when you’re in the boardroom with him before,during and after the game?

There must be a benefit for the individuals joining Stuart in there otherwise you wouldn’t be taking turns in joining him.

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 13:05 - Dec 30 with 1301 viewsDarran

FAO Supporters Trust Board Members that post on here on 12:49 - Dec 30 by chad

Indeed not for the first time and rightfully so, although perhaps we should remove the rule that rather than enables openness actually makes a mockery of it.

Fair defence on not actually criticising the decision although that could fall on the second prong of otherwise undermining it.

Yes I agree Uxbridge does come across as a condescending ćunt on times.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024