Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Jefferson Montero recall? 11:59 - Jan 4 with 2929 viewsNotLoyal

Would you?

OK I've changed it.
Poll: The FINALS : Poster of the year 2022

Jefferson Montero recall? on 04:11 - Jan 5 with 586 viewsDJack

Jefferson Montero recall? on 04:04 - Jan 5 by Tummer_from_Texas

Other than financially, there is no downside and potentially a lot of upside if he can somehow stay fit for 5 months, or a good chunk of it.

Is there any idea what his wages are?

Couple of flaws with that and to part quote you "if he can somehow stay fit".

Also the last time he was here he showed the distinct lack of a football brain and that coupled with the fact that, so far, Cooper has failed to develop anyone in the squad is a massive concern. We need to pat wages for someone who can AND WILL make a difference.

It is far better to grasp the universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring. - Carl Sagan

Jefferson Montero recall? on 09:08 - Jan 5 with 529 viewsTimTtam

Jefferson Montero recall? on 14:17 - Jan 4 by jack247

He’d gas himself out in 30 minutes because his game is mainly about sprinting. If that didn’t happen he’d get kicked out of the game, even fully fit he went hiding after he’d taken a few robust challenges.

And come on, don’t pretend you didn’t mean fit as in not injured. Watch a few old clips of the runs Dan James made off the ball to get on the end of those Celina passes if you honestly think a fit Montero would be better than him.

We have never seen Montero reach his full potential. I believe he has more raw talent than James. But his injuries and lack of endurance mean he's never been able to utilise that talent properly. And he probably never will.

Yes by 'fit' I meant injury-free. But if you rightly point out that he can't play a full 90 minutes, then it means his fitness isn't up to standard.

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

Jefferson Montero recall? on 09:35 - Jan 5 with 515 viewsjack247

Jefferson Montero recall? on 09:08 - Jan 5 by TimTtam

We have never seen Montero reach his full potential. I believe he has more raw talent than James. But his injuries and lack of endurance mean he's never been able to utilise that talent properly. And he probably never will.

Yes by 'fit' I meant injury-free. But if you rightly point out that he can't play a full 90 minutes, then it means his fitness isn't up to standard.

He is more naturally gifted in terms of being able to accelerate from a standing start and change direction than more or less anybody. He’s still a great option from the bench, I’d have killed to bring him on against Barnsley for example.

Unfortunately, he has very little awareness of his surroundings, positional sense, willingness to do the defensive side of a wingers role or stamina. He also goes hiding after a couple of heavy tackles and can’t shoot.

The Montero ‘at his full potential’ you are referring to wouldn’t have any of those weaknesses and would have been an elite player. He doesn’t exist.
Jefferson Montero recall? on 11:46 - Jan 5 with 472 viewsjack_lord

Has he been pulling up trees at Birmingham and do we have a recall clause?
[Post edited 5 Jan 2020 11:47]

Lord_Jack increasingly detached from the riches of kicking a ball
Poll: The E U : Stay or Leave

Jefferson Montero recall? on 17:38 - Jan 5 with 400 views34dfgdf54

Jefferson Montero recall? on 19:18 - Jan 4 by dickythorpe

Christ on a bike Risca!!!!

Sorry Dicky, took the bait.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024