Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Anyone used this bus stop? 16:38 - Jan 7 with 2725 viewsMuteswan

If you have, did you get off the bus into the middle of the road?
Orchard Street is one-way and the bus stop is on the right hand side of the road. 😳

I don’t get it.
Anyone used this bus stop? on 16:41 - Jan 7 with 2710 viewsfbreath

Everybody climbs over the driver to get out using his door.

We are the first Welsh club to reach the Premier League Simples

Anyone used this bus stop? on 16:41 - Jan 7 with 2710 viewsBanosswan

Will it be going back to 2 way when the kingsway is finished?

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Anyone used this bus stop? on 16:49 - Jan 7 with 2688 viewsMuteswan

Anyone used this bus stop? on 16:41 - Jan 7 by Banosswan

When the Kingsway is finished.😂
Not laughing at you, but does anyone see an end to the debacle that is the Kingsway?
Anyone used this bus stop? on 17:36 - Jan 7 with 2610 viewsBanosswan

Anyone used this bus stop? on 16:49 - Jan 7 by Muteswan

When the Kingsway is finished.😂
Not laughing at you, but does anyone see an end to the debacle that is the Kingsway?

Maybe the council have got hold of a load of cheap left hand drive buses from Baghdad.
[Post edited 7 Jan 2020 18:28]

Ever since my son was... never conceived, because I've never had consensual sex without money involved... I've always kind of looked at you as... a thing, that I could live next to... in accordance with state laws.
Poll: How do you like your steak?

Anyone used this bus stop? on 22:26 - Jan 7 with 2448 viewsBLAZE

Anyone used this bus stop? on 16:41 - Jan 7 by Banosswan

I believe so. I said a few months back the road seems barely wide enough for two way traffic to me, especially when you have bus stops without lay-bys most of the way along it. It's gonna be carnage on such a busy road
Anyone used this bus stop? on 08:37 - Jan 8 with 2294 viewsBest_loser

In my disco days yes
Anyone used this bus stop? on 12:21 - Jan 8 with 2223 viewsLeonWasGod

Anyone used this bus stop? on 22:26 - Jan 7 by BLAZE

I believe so. I said a few months back the road seems barely wide enough for two way traffic to me, especially when you have bus stops without lay-bys most of the way along it. It's gonna be carnage on such a busy road

You are joking? How the hell can that narrow dual carriageway go to 2-way? Unless you can just tear it up along the 8 yards wide pavement/grass.

Why they couldn't just put it back similar to how it was originally is beyond me.

Planning section need a good kick up the arris.
Anyone used this bus stop? on 13:18 - Jan 8 with 2173 viewsdickythorpe

Deaths have happened but no lessons learned.
Scandalous!!
Login to get fewer ads

Anyone used this bus stop? on 13:43 - Jan 8 with 2153 viewsBLAZE

Anyone used this bus stop? on 12:21 - Jan 8 by LeonWasGod

You are joking? How the hell can that narrow dual carriageway go to 2-way? Unless you can just tear it up along the 8 yards wide pavement/grass.

Why they couldn't just put it back similar to how it was originally is beyond me.

Planning section need a good kick up the arris.

Will The Kingsway's new road be suitable for all traffic?

Yes. The Kingsway, Orchard Street, Alexandra Road, Mansel Street, Christina Street, Belle Vue Way will become two-way. On The Kingsway there will be two lanes of traffic between Christina Street and Belle Vue Way. There will be two lanes on The Kingsway, one in each direction. It's wide enough to accommodate everyday private vehicles, public transport and other commercial vehicles. Council planners, highway engineers, landscape architects and external design consultants have worked together to design a scheme which reflects the view of the community who were consulted.

The Kingsway road width between kerbs is 6m. This complies with Department for Transport design guidance for bus routes and heavy goods vehicles. It is typical of many other Swansea streets.

https://www.swansea.gov.uk/kingswayFAQs

Why they've made the pavements so wide but the road so narrow I have no idea. Maybe the experts have done the maths and it all checks out, but I'm sceptical
Anyone used this bus stop? on 18:52 - Jan 8 with 2029 viewsMuteswan

Anyone used this bus stop? on 13:43 - Jan 8 by BLAZE

Will The Kingsway's new road be suitable for all traffic?

Yes. The Kingsway, Orchard Street, Alexandra Road, Mansel Street, Christina Street, Belle Vue Way will become two-way. On The Kingsway there will be two lanes of traffic between Christina Street and Belle Vue Way. There will be two lanes on The Kingsway, one in each direction. It's wide enough to accommodate everyday private vehicles, public transport and other commercial vehicles. Council planners, highway engineers, landscape architects and external design consultants have worked together to design a scheme which reflects the view of the community who were consulted.

The Kingsway road width between kerbs is 6m. This complies with Department for Transport design guidance for bus routes and heavy goods vehicles. It is typical of many other Swansea streets.

https://www.swansea.gov.uk/kingswayFAQs

Why they've made the pavements so wide but the road so narrow I have no idea. Maybe the experts have done the maths and it all checks out, but I'm sceptical

Thanks for the link. Having read the intended plan for the roads in this area I can now understand why that bus stop is where it is. It’s an interesting read, and eventually should work reasonably well but big changes will be quite disruptive until it’s finished. I’m still not convinced about 2 way traffic on the Kingsway, but the 20 mph limit hopefully should slow people down so that the zebra crossings will be safe. Opening up Mansel St. and Alexandra Rd. for 2 way traffic will help, as if someone is coming from Dyfatty and going to Sketty they would not have to travel down Orchard St. and the Kingsway.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024