Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
More VAR madness. 17:16 - Feb 2 with 3697 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Spurs v Man City.
Stirling doesn't get a red card, neither does Zinchenko for a bad foul and studs up and then Loris saves a Penalty only to catch Stirling, no foul given and Stirling gets a yellow.
You couldn't make it up, but VAR did.

ps Actually Sterling didn't get the yellow in the Penalty incident it was Zinchenko & Alderweireld.
[Post edited 2 Feb 2020 17:21]
More VAR madness. on 17:18 - Feb 2 with 2910 viewsexiledclaseboy

And there was around three minutes between the first penalty incident and VAR deciding to give a penalty. Ridiculous. Get rid.

Poll: Tory leader

More VAR madness. on 17:18 - Feb 2 with 2907 viewsNeath_Jack

They played on for 2 and half minutes, before he stops the game and goes back and gives the penalty.

What would have happened if Spurs would have scored in those two minutes, would the goal have been chalked off?

VAR is making the Premier League a laughing stock.

Why can't they use it like in rugby? Because they are too pig headed is my reasoning.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.
Poll: Would you support military action against Syria on what we know so far?

More VAR madness. on 17:21 - Feb 2 with 2887 viewsNeathJack

More VAR madness. on 17:18 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

They played on for 2 and half minutes, before he stops the game and goes back and gives the penalty.

What would have happened if Spurs would have scored in those two minutes, would the goal have been chalked off?

Why can't they use it like in rugby? Because they are too pig headed is my reasoning.

It would have been chalked off as the penalty offence came first. Now if Citeh had scored, would it still have been pulled back for the penalty?
More VAR madness. on 17:22 - Feb 2 with 2880 viewsA_Fans_Dad

I have been convinced since day one that want it to be got rid of.
The Refs don't like it, but even if it goes the replays will still show how crap the Ref's decisions are.
More VAR madness. on 17:25 - Feb 2 with 2869 viewsSgorioFruit

From a betting point of view VAR is a pain in the arse.
I remember the times I would get excited when someone has scored in a prem game on my bet.
Now I wait for five whole minutes after the goal before any excitement about winning my bets.

My methods are not favoured by some but by god i speak the truth.
Poll: What Happened Today???

More VAR madness. on 17:25 - Feb 2 with 2868 viewsSwanjaxs

Also do the 2 and half "dead minutes" get included in the added time total?

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

More VAR madness. on 17:38 - Feb 2 with 2824 viewsbuilthjack

It's madness

Swansea Indepenent Poster Of The Year 2021. Dr P / Mart66 / Roathie / Parlay / E20/ Duffle was 2nd, but he is deluded and thinks in his little twisted brain that he won. Poor sod. We let him win this year, as he has cried for a whole year. His 14 usernames, bless his cotton socks.

More VAR madness. on 17:51 - Feb 2 with 2785 viewsswan65split

More VAR madness. on 17:22 - Feb 2 by A_Fans_Dad

I have been convinced since day one that want it to be got rid of.
The Refs don't like it, but even if it goes the replays will still show how crap the Ref's decisions are.

Same here.
Login to get fewer ads

More VAR madness. on 17:56 - Feb 2 with 2771 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Now Dean cocks up again and sends off Zinchenko for a good shoulder barge.
Spurs then score.
More VAR madness. on 18:02 - Feb 2 with 2748 viewsNeath_Jack

More VAR madness. on 17:21 - Feb 2 by NeathJack

It would have been chalked off as the penalty offence came first. Now if Citeh had scored, would it still have been pulled back for the penalty?

So Spurs could have gone on and scored, Man City restarted the game, gone through a few phases of play, then it would have been chalked off. That is utter madness.

I want a mate like Flashberryjacks, who wears a Barnsley jersey with "Swans are my second team" on the back.

More VAR madness. on 18:04 - Feb 2 with 2749 viewsNeathJack

More VAR madness. on 18:02 - Feb 2 by Neath_Jack

So Spurs could have gone on and scored, Man City restarted the game, gone through a few phases of play, then it would have been chalked off. That is utter madness.

Nah, the game wouldn't have restarted without the VAR decision being made.
More VAR madness. on 18:07 - Feb 2 with 2736 viewsNeath_Jack

More VAR madness. on 18:04 - Feb 2 by NeathJack

Nah, the game wouldn't have restarted without the VAR decision being made.

Ahhh that ok then

More VAR madness. on 18:18 - Feb 2 with 2710 viewsandrew

More VAR madness. on 17:21 - Feb 2 by NeathJack

If many city scored then an advantage would have been given, like they do now.

Poll: Can’t see the new guy coming in to sit on the bench so, who’s off?

More VAR madness. on 18:20 - Feb 2 with 2704 viewsladyjack

I don't think the English know the rules that is why they have no idea how to implement VAR.
More VAR madness. on 18:29 - Feb 2 with 2677 viewsCooperman

Have you seen the Spanish second division incident of today?

Player gets straight red for a foul and is already down the tunnel by the time the ref gets a message in his ear to check VAR. Player eventually gets back to pitch and is given a yellow card by the ref. A melee ensues in which the player presses forehead against an opposing player for which the ref gives him a second yellow. More reds follow as things kick off.

Crazy! It’s on Twitter somewhere so I’ll see if I can dig out the clip.

Poll: Your confectionery tub of choice

More VAR madness. on 18:32 - Feb 2 with 2666 viewsCooperman

Today in Spain.

More VAR madness. on 18:35 - Feb 2 with 2659 viewsmonmouth

Nonsense.

Anyway, anyone else feel an inkling that the Scousy scallies might just sneak the PL this year?

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

More VAR madness. on 18:37 - Feb 2 with 2650 viewsMervyn

Get rid Get rid.....if it’s rolled out throughout the leagues I’m afraid that’s it for me......the game has survived all these years with all the emotion ,mistakes and all the rough edges ......you can’t cleanse the game and achieve 100% correct decisions and expect the game to remain the same. You may well reach a time when it’s just one man and his dog .....Get rid
More VAR madness. on 18:40 - Feb 2 with 2638 viewsCooperman

More VAR madness. on 18:35 - Feb 2 by monmouth

Nonsense.

Anyway, anyone else feel an inkling that the Scousy scallies might just sneak the PL this year?

You mean LiVARpool?

More VAR madness. on 19:10 - Feb 2 with 2573 viewsmonmouth

More VAR madness. on 18:40 - Feb 2 by Cooperman

You mean LiVARpool?

Well they did say that VAR would benefit the smaller clubs more, so I guess so.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

More VAR madness. on 19:47 - Feb 2 with 2511 viewsunion_jack

More VAR madness. on 18:20 - Feb 2 by ladyjack

I don't think the English know the rules that is why they have no idea how to implement VAR.

Yep, that will be it🙄

Are Sperm Whales the reason the sea is so salty?
Poll: Bony - Would You Want Him Back?

More VAR madness. on 20:09 - Feb 2 with 2476 viewsJonTheJack

The problem isn’t VAR itself. The problem we have are the idiots behind it.
More VAR madness. on 20:57 - Feb 2 with 2424 viewswestside

In the Liverpool/soton there was a pass back to the Liverpool keeper. Nothing given.

In the Leicester/Chelsea game a blatant handball by the Chelsea defender in the box. Nothing given.
More VAR madness. on 07:45 - Feb 3 with 2269 viewsTimTtam

There is nothing wrong with VAR. It should be used in as many leagues as possible. It's the interpretation of the rules and the offense in question that is the problem. Why should an arm or elbow being offside count as offside, if it is illegal to touch the ball with those body parts anyway? Why are yellow cards not allowed to be checked? Why are identical actions given different VAR rulings in different matches?

Had VAR been used in our FA Cup QF, Sterling would've been given a yellow for diving, and hence they would've never got a penalty. And Aguero would've had his offside winner ruled out. Chances are we would've gone to Wembley for the semi, and it would've been one of the best results in the club's history.

Newport also had a stonewall penalty turned down in the 80th minute of their playoff final with scores at 0-0. They instead lost and are now 12th in League 2.

I also notice a lot of people are complaining about Championship refs and their awful decisions. VAR would allow those decisions to be corrected.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 7:46]

My name is Matt
Poll: Best option in regards to the EPL & EFL seasons?

More VAR madness. on 09:02 - Feb 3 with 2216 viewsploppy

More VAR madness. on 07:45 - Feb 3 by TimTtam

There is nothing wrong with VAR. It should be used in as many leagues as possible. It's the interpretation of the rules and the offense in question that is the problem. Why should an arm or elbow being offside count as offside, if it is illegal to touch the ball with those body parts anyway? Why are yellow cards not allowed to be checked? Why are identical actions given different VAR rulings in different matches?

Had VAR been used in our FA Cup QF, Sterling would've been given a yellow for diving, and hence they would've never got a penalty. And Aguero would've had his offside winner ruled out. Chances are we would've gone to Wembley for the semi, and it would've been one of the best results in the club's history.

Newport also had a stonewall penalty turned down in the 80th minute of their playoff final with scores at 0-0. They instead lost and are now 12th in League 2.

I also notice a lot of people are complaining about Championship refs and their awful decisions. VAR would allow those decisions to be corrected.
[Post edited 3 Feb 2020 7:46]

Your elbow or arm can't be offside. It has to be a part of the body you can legally score with. Not one VAR decision (and I hate it, BTW) has given a player's arm/elbow offside. The problem often is what they refer to as the armpit - the grey area (not literally) between arm and shoulder.

And also, I doubt VAR would have overturned Man C's penalty against us. Did you see Sterling yesterday?
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024