Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread 11:00 - Feb 10 with 28535 viewsjackharris

[Post edited 11 Feb 2020 18:48]

Very proud to be voted Planet Swans Poster of the Year 2017 by my fellow posters. Especially on a site that nearly had 20 million impressions last year.
Poll: What is your favourite Knock?

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 07:56 - Feb 12 with 1749 viewsjojaca

Last night's game was a new low in our modern Championship/ PL league era for me, I actually felt sorry for Sky TV broadcasting it when Brentford were playing Leeds on the same night.

No shots on target against lower half team at home, Cooper will drive way a couple of thousands fans more from attending with these performances. It's just not good enough, I would read the riot act for him, either something changes or pick up for your P45. I am not a hardcore Swans fan, but at the moment I could quite easily stay in the house and watch a box set on Netflix. I get a dreaded sense in stomach when we play theses days instead of the old butterflies of excitement.

Even when you know, you never know?

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 07:59 - Feb 12 with 1738 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 05:50 - Feb 12 by felixstowe_jack

Pretty dismal all round from both sides, but the player ratings are a joke. According to them every single QPR player was better than ours. Thir worst player was better than our best players. Really doubt that in a 0-0 draw. Angel Rangel mom according to them as well. He was certainly not thier best player.
I thought Rodon had a good game certainly better than 4.3.

Rodon was poor yesterday, Guehi was the better of the two by some distance.

They were the better side, and by a distance imo.
The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 09:09 - Feb 12 with 1643 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 07:59 - Feb 12 by 34dfgdf54

"Better" being exceedingly relative. They were as crap as us imo - two of the worse perfomacnes I've seen in a long time, three if you include the officials.
The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 09:54 - Feb 12 with 1574 viewsCatullus

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 22:22 - Feb 11 by LeonWasGod

I’ve no idea why we’re playing him as a holding mid. He doesn’t look comfortable there at all and there’s no understanding with Grimes, the CBs or full back.

Leon, haven't we had this already with Celina, take a player out of his best position and play him somewhere else because it's how to get the best out of him.
I'm starting to think if Cooper had been allowed to sign Messi he'd play him at full back, to give him more space to get forward.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 11:02 - Feb 12 with 1499 viewscockneyswan

I don’t have the time or inclination to read everything posted already so apologies if already been said but here’s my thoughts:-
Something is seriously wrong with our squad, I suspect bit of anger at youngsters being played without having to prove themselves, this could be way off, but whatever it is cooper needs to sort it quickly, was one of the worst performances I’ve seen for a very long time last night, we were lucky qpr were shite otherwise we’d have been on the wrong end of a spanking 🤬
The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 14:18 - Feb 12 with 1311 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 09:54 - Feb 12 by Catullus

Leon, haven't we had this already with Celina, take a player out of his best position and play him somewhere else because it's how to get the best out of him.
I'm starting to think if Cooper had been allowed to sign Messi he'd play him at full back, to give him more space to get forward.

Gallagher in goals soon then
The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 14:24 - Feb 12 with 1305 viewsLeonWasGod

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 11:02 - Feb 12 by cockneyswan

I don’t have the time or inclination to read everything posted already so apologies if already been said but here’s my thoughts:-
Something is seriously wrong with our squad, I suspect bit of anger at youngsters being played without having to prove themselves, this could be way off, but whatever it is cooper needs to sort it quickly, was one of the worst performances I’ve seen for a very long time last night, we were lucky qpr were shite otherwise we’d have been on the wrong end of a spanking 🤬

Yep something is definitley not right. The players seem mentally way off, lots of frustration, finger pointing, whinging and resignation/distinterest when it goes wrong.

I also noticed when they came out for the second half nobody except Freddy acknowledged the crowd. OK, it was quiet and there were plenty of maons and groans first half, but they were weelcomed back onto the pitch and ignored us - no connection at all. The look like they don't want to be there.
The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 14:35 - Feb 12 with 1290 viewsploppy

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 09:54 - Feb 12 by Catullus

I don't buy this Celina is a number 10 malarky. When Celina ends up in the 10 position (if he's playing there, or has strayed there) he seems lost and doesn't know quite what to do. Dhanda and Byers are both more suited to that position. Dhanda, especially, showed some nice touches, turns and general awareness last night. His problem, like Celina, is he's not strong enough on the ball. Byers is fine there too - his problem is we're looking for him to be a box-to-box midfielder and he doesn't have the energy, nor the tackling back ability. I struggle with Celina - there's a good player in there somewhere but he's very sloppy sometimes, tries fancy flicks that rarely come off, and is very inconsistent.
Login to get fewer ads

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 14:50 - Feb 12 with 1271 viewsdonnybackspin

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 07:56 - Feb 12 by jojaca

Last night's game was a new low in our modern Championship/ PL league era for me, I actually felt sorry for Sky TV broadcasting it when Brentford were playing Leeds on the same night.

No shots on target against lower half team at home, Cooper will drive way a couple of thousands fans more from attending with these performances. It's just not good enough, I would read the riot act for him, either something changes or pick up for your P45. I am not a hardcore Swans fan, but at the moment I could quite easily stay in the house and watch a box set on Netflix. I get a dreaded sense in stomach when we play theses days instead of the old butterflies of excitement.

That is the worst game of football I have ever witnessed and whilst this clueless idiot is in charge there is no way I am renewing my season ticket.

And I would say a lot of people sitting around me are saying the same thing.

My sons under 16 team gets beaten most games and its more enjoyable than that debacle last night.
The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 14:59 - Feb 12 with 1260 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 14:50 - Feb 12 by donnybackspin

That is the worst game of football I have ever witnessed and whilst this clueless idiot is in charge there is no way I am renewing my season ticket.

And I would say a lot of people sitting around me are saying the same thing.

My sons under 16 team gets beaten most games and its more enjoyable than that debacle last night.

That's what the club need to think about unfortunately. The amount of season tickets that will be renewed if he is still here.

I take no pleasure in saying that either, I'm sure Cooper is a nice enough fella and it's a shame what is happening at the moment, but I don't think he has the tools to turn this around from here. Sincerely hope someone can bump this post in a few months time, or even this time next year and I'll happily eat humble pie.
The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 15:42 - Feb 12 with 1214 viewsvetchonian

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 14:35 - Feb 12 by ploppy

I don't buy this Celina is a number 10 malarky. When Celina ends up in the 10 position (if he's playing there, or has strayed there) he seems lost and doesn't know quite what to do. Dhanda and Byers are both more suited to that position. Dhanda, especially, showed some nice touches, turns and general awareness last night. His problem, like Celina, is he's not strong enough on the ball. Byers is fine there too - his problem is we're looking for him to be a box-to-box midfielder and he doesn't have the energy, nor the tackling back ability. I struggle with Celina - there's a good player in there somewhere but he's very sloppy sometimes, tries fancy flicks that rarely come off, and is very inconsistent.

If Celina had been a more complete player Man City would have retained him or another PL club would have picked him up....similarly with Byers.

We have had success in the past with taking "cast offs" and making them shine but that was way back when we had a "system"

The problem we have now is a "rookie" manager who does not seem to be learning and adapting ( I have been a "supporter" of him up until now) trying to work a team using the "star" palyers at his disposal.

It is time for Trevor, Leon and Curt to sit with Cooper and "help" him....it happens in other "businesses" underperforming managers are given advice/mentoring from more experienced/knowledgable managers or peers. Whilst Leon and Curt do not have years of experience of management they have been around good managers, have good football brains and should be able to offer Cooper some advice. Should he not take this on board then maybe like in other businesses he needs to be "performance managed".

I understand why maybe he was appointed but now is the time to start to take some action....surely Trevor et al can see what the supporters see?

Maybe the supporters director needs to speak with the chairman and sporting director

Poll: Will CCFC win a game this season?

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 19:31 - Feb 12 with 1142 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 07:59 - Feb 12 by 34dfgdf54

Rodon had an absolute mare, but Guehi even out mared him, and by some distance.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 20:33 - Feb 12 with 1104 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 19:31 - Feb 12 by Flashberryjack

Rodon had an absolute mare, but Guehi even out mared him, and by some distance.

No chance. The postcode of where Rodon was born doesn’t influence my judgement.
The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 20:43 - Feb 12 with 1088 viewsFlashberryjack

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 20:33 - Feb 12 by 34dfgdf54

No chance. The postcode of where Rodon was born doesn’t influence my judgement.

Maybe it's just your judgment then

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 22:19 - Feb 12 with 1053 views34dfgdf54

The Official Swansea City v QPR Match Thread on 20:43 - Feb 12 by Flashberryjack

Maybe it's just your judgment then

Righteyo
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024