Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
First Division Debut ... Swans v Leeds 29/08/1981 00:45 - Mar 22 with 1023 viewstheloneranger

Full match ...

[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 0:47]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

First Division Debut ... Swans v Leeds 29/08/1981 on 14:06 - Mar 22 with 878 viewsCountyJim

Couple of observations speaking as a ref but mostly lineo in Welsh league it was better back then the lineo would be more active these days the refs want to do it all I've been in pre match talks with refs in Welsh league and basically they just want you to give offsides

Two back passes there a blast from the past

Great memories for you Jack's
First Division Debut ... Swans v Leeds 29/08/1981 on 14:31 - Mar 22 with 865 viewsPozuelosSideys

Havent seen this before. At least not in decent quality and the whole game. So some HT thoughts:

Pitch looks wonderful and the ground/crowd is like nothing i ever saw when at the Vetch. The noise too.

Some of those tackles going in, fcking hell lol

John Lukic is playing for Leeds even then??

Theres a heck of a lot of space, and the speed of the game is much slower. That said, the ball control on the spot feels better on the whole to me

Habziabdzic loves an outside of the foot pass doesnt he? Does it bloody well too!

Why is there a guy pulling a trolley around the pitch?
[Post edited 22 Mar 2020 14:36]

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

First Division Debut ... Swans v Leeds 29/08/1981 on 14:41 - Mar 22 with 852 viewsPozuelosSideys

All the dead ball set pieces are on the money.

How good was Latchford then? Who is the nearest comparison we have had since?

"Michu, Britton and Williams could have won 3-0 on their own. They wouldn't have required a keeper."
Poll: Hattricks

First Division Debut ... Swans v Leeds 29/08/1981 on 17:35 - Mar 22 with 770 viewsjewsonjack

I didn’t realise hadziabdic was right-footed. Ante was a real player. The front 3 played well together with loads of movement.
And refs were crap then too
First Division Debut ... Swans v Leeds 29/08/1981 on 18:22 - Mar 22 with 747 viewsmonmouth

First Division Debut ... Swans v Leeds 29/08/1981 on 17:35 - Mar 22 by jewsonjack

I didn’t realise hadziabdic was right-footed. Ante was a real player. The front 3 played well together with loads of movement.
And refs were crap then too

At least they were only paid a couple of quid expenses and you never really knew many of their names. Much more enjoyable times in my view.

Poll: TRUST MEMBERS: What DID you vote in the, um, vote

First Division Debut ... Swans v Leeds 29/08/1981 on 18:23 - Mar 22 with 745 viewsairedale

Ta got that, I really enjoyed it. Neil Robinson had a good game too.
First Division Debut ... Swans v Leeds 29/08/1981 on 00:20 - Mar 23 with 694 viewsswancity

Enjoyed that. Was in a jam packed North Bank that day as a 19 year old. Note no shin pads on Eddie Gray, no gloves worn by Dai Davies who had a superb game. I seem to recall us playing with three central defenders a lot in those days but that day seemed If was just Irwin and Rajkovic? What a player he was.

But the game has changed. Players are quicker fitter stronger athletes now. Much like rugby it’s changed considerably ...

Only an idiot would eat a turkey curry on Christmas day

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024