Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Morrisons food boxes 19:55 - Mar 23 with 1085 viewsdickythorpe

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/uk-news/morrisons-launches-next-day-delivery-
Morrisons food boxes on 20:18 - Mar 23 with 1039 viewswaynekerr55

It's a great idea, hopefully people will be sensible and fi for this

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Morrisons food boxes on 20:37 - Mar 23 with 1002 viewsBarrySwan

I called in to Morrisons in Barry last Thursday in order to speak to a manager about provision for those isolated to pay for goods that volunteers can pick up for them given that their current delivery service was totally overrun.

There is of course also the problem of those who are not online. Its all very well volunteers going to get some shopping for people in trouble or with no one else to depend on but how would the goods be paid for?

Volunteers clearly won't be taking the people who they are helping bank cards down the shop with them and they obviously can't be funding the purchase of groceries for several vulnerable people or couples and then trying to take cash payments off the people when they arrive back and also mess about with change which obviously defeats the whole object of isolation.

Morrisons got back to me to say that in a few days they would be setting up a call centre so that those without computers can call in their orders pay over the phone and have the goods delivered.

I pointed out that if the delivery service was overrun then there also needed to be a service that allowed for volunteers to pick up goods ordered and paid for over the phone.

There wasn't really a response to that point but by the looks of this statement they must be confident of the courier company stepping in and coping.

There is still no mention of the phone in call centre for those with no internet access in this statement however.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 20:45]
Morrisons food boxes on 20:41 - Mar 23 with 989 viewsFlashberryjack

Morrisons food boxes on 20:18 - Mar 23 by waynekerr55

It's a great idea, hopefully people will be sensible and fi for this

I've ordered 8 boxes, I can always throw away the stuff I don't need.

Hello
Poll: Should the Senedd be Abolished

Morrisons food boxes on 22:29 - Mar 23 with 874 viewsCatullus

Morrisons food boxes on 20:37 - Mar 23 by BarrySwan

I called in to Morrisons in Barry last Thursday in order to speak to a manager about provision for those isolated to pay for goods that volunteers can pick up for them given that their current delivery service was totally overrun.

There is of course also the problem of those who are not online. Its all very well volunteers going to get some shopping for people in trouble or with no one else to depend on but how would the goods be paid for?

Volunteers clearly won't be taking the people who they are helping bank cards down the shop with them and they obviously can't be funding the purchase of groceries for several vulnerable people or couples and then trying to take cash payments off the people when they arrive back and also mess about with change which obviously defeats the whole object of isolation.

Morrisons got back to me to say that in a few days they would be setting up a call centre so that those without computers can call in their orders pay over the phone and have the goods delivered.

I pointed out that if the delivery service was overrun then there also needed to be a service that allowed for volunteers to pick up goods ordered and paid for over the phone.

There wasn't really a response to that point but by the looks of this statement they must be confident of the courier company stepping in and coping.

There is still no mention of the phone in call centre for those with no internet access in this statement however.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 20:45]

Doesn't tonights announcement stop the volunteering dead in it's tracks?

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Morrisons food boxes on 23:15 - Mar 23 with 842 viewsBarrySwan

Morrisons food boxes on 22:29 - Mar 23 by Catullus

Doesn't tonights announcement stop the volunteering dead in it's tracks?

Well not really for the reasons that I've just outlined.

Hopefully if the other supermarkets follow suit and the delivery systems work then much of the pressure will be taken off single and group volunteers.

However there still remains the need for a phone call centre to take orders for those not online.

Also I'm sure that there may be other items that those stuck in the house may need that aren't in these boxes the article does say that the boxes are put together without choice of items. other than meat or vegetarian.

Also it has struck me that whilst there have been many light hearted remarks about couples getting on each others nerves being cooped up for weeks together in their houses but it has struck me that here must be many single old people living on their own who may feel the need just to pick up the phone and speak to somebody for five minutes.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 23:28]
Morrisons food boxes on 00:02 - Mar 24 with 801 viewsairedale

Morrisons food boxes on 23:15 - Mar 23 by BarrySwan

Well not really for the reasons that I've just outlined.

Hopefully if the other supermarkets follow suit and the delivery systems work then much of the pressure will be taken off single and group volunteers.

However there still remains the need for a phone call centre to take orders for those not online.

Also I'm sure that there may be other items that those stuck in the house may need that aren't in these boxes the article does say that the boxes are put together without choice of items. other than meat or vegetarian.

Also it has struck me that whilst there have been many light hearted remarks about couples getting on each others nerves being cooped up for weeks together in their houses but it has struck me that here must be many single old people living on their own who may feel the need just to pick up the phone and speak to somebody for five minutes.
[Post edited 23 Mar 2020 23:28]

Some of those old lonely folk need to call some of my Mrs relatives, then all they need to do is dial the number and listen for 45 minutes.

They won’t get a word in believe me.

When they hang up they’ll be thinking ‘thank fork I live alone’
Morrisons food boxes on 11:05 - Mar 24 with 677 viewswaynekerr55

Morrisons food boxes on 20:41 - Mar 23 by Flashberryjack

Oh ffs

How many of you know what DP stands for?
Poll: POTY 2019
Blog: Too many things for a title, but stop with the xenophobia accusations!

Morrisons food boxes on 13:28 - Mar 24 with 608 viewsdickythorpe

"Slots are all sold out . Please try again tomorrow"

They tried but have failed to satisfy demand.
Only using dpd as a courier.
[Post edited 24 Mar 2020 14:31]
Login to get fewer ads

Morrisons food boxes on 15:04 - Mar 24 with 547 viewsWarwickHunt

Morrisons food boxes on 20:41 - Mar 23 by Flashberryjack

You can store them in one of the four freezers I’ve just bought.
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024