Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
The book for our times... 13:08 - Mar 30 with 1174 viewsLohengrin

I went rummaging up the attic for my copy of this and have re-read it over the last couple of days.

Have a bash at it and see how prescient a commentator Camus was on the human condition: when faced with crisis some rise, some crumble; some are selfless others selfish. Reflect on how you’ve been acting and how you’d like others to see you...

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

The book for our times... on 13:42 - Mar 30 with 1136 viewsjack2jack

Glad to see you around Loh, haven't seen you post for a while.
Hope all ok.
(No subject) (n/t) on 13:45 - Mar 30 with 1131 viewsFieryJack

The book for our times... on 13:49 - Mar 30 with 1125 viewsFieryJack

https://literaryfictions.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/a-journal-of-the-plague-yea

Have read this a couple of times over the years but can't say I'm keen to re-read again just yet.
The book for our times... on 14:08 - Mar 30 with 1105 viewsLohengrin

The book for our times... on 13:42 - Mar 30 by jack2jack

Glad to see you around Loh, haven't seen you post for a while.
Hope all ok.

Pretty much work-bed-work at the moment, mate. On the treadmill, living the life of a drudge.

The book for our times... on 14:09 - Mar 30 with 1101 viewsLohengrin

The book for our times... on 13:49 - Mar 30 by FieryJack

https://literaryfictions.files.wordpress.com/2014/09/a-journal-of-the-plague-yea

Have read this a couple of times over the years but can't say I'm keen to re-read again just yet.

I haven’t seen a copy of that in years, mate. I’m sure somebody, somewhere is preparing to publish a new edition as we speak.

The book for our times... on 14:12 - Mar 30 with 1096 viewsEbo

The book for our times... on 14:08 - Mar 30 by Lohengrin

Pretty much work-bed-work at the moment, mate. On the treadmill, living the life of a drudge.

Urgh! My old factory is still ticking over. The office staff is working from home, maintenance (where I used to work) are all kitted out in more PPE than usual. The shop floor guys are still in the usual gloves, goggles, and hi-vis vests. Never knew there was such demand for cable. If copper becomes scarce though, knowing the bosses in that place they will not close but have everyone stock taking, cleaning, and the maintenance dept doing PM's.

Thank you, goodnight and bollocks
Poll: What couldn't you live without?

The book for our times... on 14:48 - Mar 30 with 1057 viewstheloneranger

I read this a few years ago ...

"Examines the emergence and causes of new diseases all over the world, describing a process called “spillover” where illness originates in wild animals before being passed to humans and discusses the potential for the next huge pandemic."

[Post edited 30 Mar 2020 14:49]

Everyday above ground ... Is a good day! 😎

The book for our times... on 21:23 - Mar 30 with 920 viewsjack2jack

The book for our times... on 14:08 - Mar 30 by Lohengrin

Take it easy 😉
About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024