Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS 13:39 - Mar 31 with 14601 viewsBarrySwan

If ever those incompetent fools in the laughably titled Welsh Assembly Government have been exposed for the waste of spaces that they are then it is now.

I travelled up to the Heath hospital yesterday to get some urgent medication for a kidney patient in Penarth whose dialysis has been delayed, The medication was only available from the pharmacy there and had been picked up by the staff at the kidney treatment department who had no way of getting the medication to the person in need, the person in need contacted me after mentioning that they had no idea who to turn to or who to ring for help.

Upon speaking to the staff up the Heath when collecting the items I mentioned that surely what was needed was a couple of people in an office who held the contact details of all the volunteer organisations and individuals who were ready to help and had come forward in order that Doctors nurses and those in need could ring up explain the delivery requirement and that central office could contact the nearest local group or individual eager to help in order that medicines, emergency food supplies etc etc can be distributed and delivered.

They told me that they had been asking for such a facility for days now but had been ignored and also had not received any communication whatsoever in regards catering for such scenarios.

just look at the difference in the volunteering websites provided by the English NHS and the joke site highlighted by the Welsh government after being pressed as to why they had not followed the
English model

https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Welsh joke site

https://volunteering-wales.net/vk/volunteers/registration.htm

This is just their general volunteering for beach cleaning, hedge cutting along country paths site with an uninformative pathetic unclear Covid-19 bit tacked on which basically tells you nothing and has provided nothing in the way of assistance to our medical professionals and their patients as my experience yesterday proves.

If ever there was a case for a return to a real UK national Health service and the scrapping of the shambolic money generating piggy bank for the Welsh AMs their families and political cronies that is the Welsh assembly then this is it.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 13:45]
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 17:25 - Apr 15 with 1070 viewsJack59

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:15 - Apr 7 by JackSomething

EU funds are distributed across Wales. The ESF and other bodies are pretty strict on that. If you're talking about what projects the money is allocated to, I was under the impression that those decisions were again made by ESF and similar bodies, not the WG. I'm no expert on it, so happy for someone to correct me if I'm wrong.

Do yourself a favour butt and find any evidence that I 'hate anything English'. I'm not even wholeheartedly endorsing the WG, so you're talking sh*te. I have no idea why you hate the WG so much you can't discuss it in a rational manner, but don't project your biases on to me.

Not that it matters now after Brexit, but I know that the EU went over 20 years without auditing, that certainly raises some questions.
Also I believe the ESF & ERDF weren't even active until 2015. Money that was meant for West Wales and The Valleys has been pouring into Cardiff from the EU since 2001.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:27 - Apr 15 with 1019 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:39 - Apr 15 by JackSomething

Seeing as I clearly talked about that in my post that you quoted (comparing spending on Wales when it was handled by Westminster before being devolved), I'm still not sure what point you think you're making.

If you read the link I posted, you'll see the money comes from other sources as well.

The point was answering this question.
"Or would a lot of the money that has been spent on Cardiff have simply gone to the South of England? "
If it comes to Wales from Westminster for the Welsh to distribute and the Welsh Government was not there it would still come to Wales.
Why would it change?
The money that comes from elsewhere includes the EU cash which also comes from UK Taxation, the rest is a a lot less in value.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:06 - Apr 15 with 991 viewsKilkennyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:27 - Apr 15 by A_Fans_Dad

The point was answering this question.
"Or would a lot of the money that has been spent on Cardiff have simply gone to the South of England? "
If it comes to Wales from Westminster for the Welsh to distribute and the Welsh Government was not there it would still come to Wales.
Why would it change?
The money that comes from elsewhere includes the EU cash which also comes from UK Taxation, the rest is a a lot less in value.

Swansea lagoon, railways electrification to Swansea, and the Brexit bribe to the DUP - tells you everything you need to know.

Not to mention HS2 and Trident.

Wales and Swansea never looked after.

Its time for IndyWales.

Beware of the Risen People

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:22 - Apr 15 with 974 viewsKilkennyjack

Who would ever have guessed ?

If this is true, its a career ending shame on whoever ordered it.
I hope they get some hard questions to answer.... in court.

Beware of the Risen People

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 08:50 - Apr 16 with 936 viewsDr_Winston

https://www.walesonline.co.uk/news/wales-news/ppe-carehomes-coronavirus-supplies

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 09:09 - Apr 16 with 918 viewsCatullus

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:22 - Apr 15 by Kilkennyjack

After reading Dr Winston's' link it seems if anyone is to blame for a lack of PPE or poor distribution of it, it might be someone in the Senedd but it's nothing to do with Westminster or PHE.

This might not be the situation if we had a unified UK health service.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 09:48 - Apr 16 with 910 viewsDr_Winston

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 09:09 - Apr 16 by Catullus

After reading Dr Winston's' link it seems if anyone is to blame for a lack of PPE or poor distribution of it, it might be someone in the Senedd but it's nothing to do with Westminster or PHE.

This might not be the situation if we had a unified UK health service.

Would appear that the situation is at least a bit more complicated than some would have us believe.

Pain or damage don't end the world. Or despair, or f*cking beatings. The world ends when you're dead. Until then, you got more punishment in store. Stand it like a man... and give some back.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 00:36 - Apr 17 with 872 viewsKerouac

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 21:22 - Apr 15 by Kilkennyjack

You should do stand up.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ss9VZ1FHxy0
Poll: Which manager should replace Russell Martin (2) ?

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024