Please log in or register. Registered visitors get fewer ads.
Forum index | Previous Thread | Next thread
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS 13:39 - Mar 31 with 14602 viewsBarrySwan

If ever those incompetent fools in the laughably titled Welsh Assembly Government have been exposed for the waste of spaces that they are then it is now.

I travelled up to the Heath hospital yesterday to get some urgent medication for a kidney patient in Penarth whose dialysis has been delayed, The medication was only available from the pharmacy there and had been picked up by the staff at the kidney treatment department who had no way of getting the medication to the person in need, the person in need contacted me after mentioning that they had no idea who to turn to or who to ring for help.

Upon speaking to the staff up the Heath when collecting the items I mentioned that surely what was needed was a couple of people in an office who held the contact details of all the volunteer organisations and individuals who were ready to help and had come forward in order that Doctors nurses and those in need could ring up explain the delivery requirement and that central office could contact the nearest local group or individual eager to help in order that medicines, emergency food supplies etc etc can be distributed and delivered.

They told me that they had been asking for such a facility for days now but had been ignored and also had not received any communication whatsoever in regards catering for such scenarios.

just look at the difference in the volunteering websites provided by the English NHS and the joke site highlighted by the Welsh government after being pressed as to why they had not followed the
English model

https://www.goodsamapp.org/NHS

Welsh joke site

https://volunteering-wales.net/vk/volunteers/registration.htm

This is just their general volunteering for beach cleaning, hedge cutting along country paths site with an uninformative pathetic unclear Covid-19 bit tacked on which basically tells you nothing and has provided nothing in the way of assistance to our medical professionals and their patients as my experience yesterday proves.

If ever there was a case for a return to a real UK national Health service and the scrapping of the shambolic money generating piggy bank for the Welsh AMs their families and political cronies that is the Welsh assembly then this is it.
[Post edited 31 Mar 2020 13:45]
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:45 - Apr 6 with 1526 viewsJackSomething

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:52 - Apr 6 by raynor94

The money spent on Cardiff and the Bay, to the detriment of the rest of Wales.

End of debate.

Genuine question, do you think the rest of Wales would have been better served by Westminster in the years since the Welsh Government came into existence? Or would a lot of the money that has been spent on Cardiff have simply gone to the South of England?

For me, although it's impossible to know for sure in this hypothetical scenario, a quick study of historical investment in Wales by Westminster would provide a pretty clear answer.

So hardly 'end of debate', unless you want to take the simplest view possible of a complex issue.

You know, Hobbes, some days even my lucky rocket ship underpants don't help.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:10 - Apr 6 with 1503 viewsKilkennyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:45 - Apr 6 by JackSomething

Genuine question, do you think the rest of Wales would have been better served by Westminster in the years since the Welsh Government came into existence? Or would a lot of the money that has been spent on Cardiff have simply gone to the South of England?

For me, although it's impossible to know for sure in this hypothetical scenario, a quick study of historical investment in Wales by Westminster would provide a pretty clear answer.

So hardly 'end of debate', unless you want to take the simplest view possible of a complex issue.

Great post.

Here is one for people to think on ...

Well done to our hard working Welsh NHS. ♥️

Beware of the Risen People

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 17:16 - Apr 6 with 1472 viewsCatullus

It's a fair question and I don't know the answer. All I do know is Wales gets a certain amount of money and the Senedd spends more on the SE corner than it should, in my opinion, whilst large parts of Wales are left to rot.

Just my opinion, but WTF do I know anyway?
Poll: Offended by what Brynmill J and Controversial J post on the Ukraine thread?
Blog: In, Out, in, out........

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:04 - Apr 6 with 1461 viewsladyjack

Wales spends more per head than England on health and education and I'm happy with that, if we ever become West Anglia or West Gloucestershire or something like that (I'm sure that will never happen) then our spending per head might be put down to the same lower level as them the other side of Offa's Dyke and I for one wouldn't want that.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 18:06]
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:36 - Apr 6 with 1436 viewslondonlisa2001

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:04 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

Wales spends more per head than England on health and education and I'm happy with that, if we ever become West Anglia or West Gloucestershire or something like that (I'm sure that will never happen) then our spending per head might be put down to the same lower level as them the other side of Offa's Dyke and I for one wouldn't want that.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 18:06]

Why are you happy with Wales spending more on education?

Just yesterday you said ‘ School qualifications are useless, the more schooling someone has the thicker they are, they tend not to be able to think for themselves and tend not to be good at problem solving. ’ so surely you should want spending cut?

You tiresome troll.

Every single day, dozens of posts, trolling.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:48 - Apr 6 with 1428 viewsladyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:36 - Apr 6 by londonlisa2001

Why are you happy with Wales spending more on education?

Just yesterday you said ‘ School qualifications are useless, the more schooling someone has the thicker they are, they tend not to be able to think for themselves and tend not to be good at problem solving. ’ so surely you should want spending cut?

You tiresome troll.

Every single day, dozens of posts, trolling.

They are of limited use as an indicator of intelligence, schooling only needs to go on into adulthood for those that are very academic and not for masses of people.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:10 - Apr 6 with 1412 viewsladyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:10 - Apr 6 by Kilkennyjack

Great post.

Here is one for people to think on ...

Well done to our hard working Welsh NHS. ♥️

Interesting diagram, we hear on this site from some posters saying that the English NHS is better than the Welsh NHS, I'm not so sure myself, the English NHS certainly doesn't seem better in this Coronavirus crisis so far anyway what with all the stories around ppe and testing and all that.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 19:11]
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:53 - Apr 6 with 1382 viewsLohengrin

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 18:32 - Apr 3 by ladyjack

The author is an anti Welsh Kaardiff type, who has been around peddling his stuff for a while, so he has a lot in common with people on here who are anti Welsh Swansee types, lots of Swansee and Kaardiff people are the same and like minded.
In my day Swansea was a Welsh club now English and Northern Irish people have been taking over the fanbase which was virtually unknown until the millennium, i looked into the union jack, GSTQ, plastic paddy stuff and found out who was behind it, immediately one of the regular posters one of the British army types on here pm'd pleading I don't say who he his as he knows him and the bloke is trying to turn his life around and wants to forget the bad things he had done, blah blah blah.

As regards the article more on spending than taxes my hairy arse, the population is old, grey white flight from Ingerlund and all that is why public spending is greater than taxes collected.

” i looked into the union jack, GSTQ, plastic paddy stuff and found out who was behind it, immediately one of the regular posters one of the British army types on here pm'd pleading I don't say who he his as he knows him and the bloke is trying to turn his life around and wants to forget the bad things he had done, blah blah blah.

I’ve only just seen this! Look dopey, feel free to paste up the actual message that I sent you. Let’s see this “pleading” and talk of “bad things he had done.”

An idea isn't responsible for those who believe in it.

Login to get fewer ads

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:59 - Apr 6 with 1384 viewssP7qupUf

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:10 - Apr 6 by ladyjack

Interesting diagram, we hear on this site from some posters saying that the English NHS is better than the Welsh NHS, I'm not so sure myself, the English NHS certainly doesn't seem better in this Coronavirus crisis so far anyway what with all the stories around ppe and testing and all that.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 19:11]

I think the pope and testing issues are down to poor government management than the NHS. If you forget about the present crisis that is consuming us all and look at the performance indicators across the board, on the whole the English NHS outperforms the Welsh service. Notwithstanding that, there are a few areas where Wales does better. I think the medical staff in both countries do their upmost in difficult circumstances. Funding from Westminster and Cardiff Bay are the main stumbling blocks followed by a top heavy management structure.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:10 - Apr 6 with 1366 viewsJack59

I think that far more of the £6 billion of EU funds Cardiff received for west wales and the valleys, would have been more accurately targeted.
The problem that you and a few others have, is that you are so preoccupied with your hatred of anything English, that you are then unable to scrutinise with impartiality on Welsh government performance.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:14 - Apr 6 with 1354 viewsSwanjaxs

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:59 - Apr 6 by sP7qupUf

I think the pope and testing issues are down to poor government management than the NHS. If you forget about the present crisis that is consuming us all and look at the performance indicators across the board, on the whole the English NHS outperforms the Welsh service. Notwithstanding that, there are a few areas where Wales does better. I think the medical staff in both countries do their upmost in difficult circumstances. Funding from Westminster and Cardiff Bay are the main stumbling blocks followed by a top heavy management structure.

Why are people so quick to blame the Pope!

The guy can't catch a break at the moment ffs! 😫

You might think I've forgotten, but one day, when you least expect it, my time will come.
Poll: Celtic and Rangers should be fast tracked into the Championship ASAP

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:17 - Apr 6 with 1345 viewsLohengrin

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:14 - Apr 6 by Swanjaxs

Why are people so quick to blame the Pope!

The guy can't catch a break at the moment ffs! 😫

I picked up on that too.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:33 - Apr 6 with 1330 viewsladyjack

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 19:53 - Apr 6 by Lohengrin

” i looked into the union jack, GSTQ, plastic paddy stuff and found out who was behind it, immediately one of the regular posters one of the British army types on here pm'd pleading I don't say who he his as he knows him and the bloke is trying to turn his life around and wants to forget the bad things he had done, blah blah blah.

I’ve only just seen this! Look dopey, feel free to paste up the actual message that I sent you. Let’s see this “pleading” and talk of “bad things he had done.”

''Do me a favour Tramp, delete that last post you made on the thread, I know the chap you're talking about, quite a few on here do. It was twenty years ago and he got into a lot of hot water at the time. He's long since moved on and he's not looked back. Dragging it back up again after all these years serves no good purpose. Those kids Jac is griping about are nothing to do with him, they wouldn't know him from Adam."

If you want your request to be made public here it is Lohengrin.
Why pm me asking me to do you a favour and for me to delete my post and then you go onto talk about dragging things back up would serve no purpose..
Sounds like a plea to me buddy.
[Post edited 6 Apr 2020 20:37]
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:10 - Apr 7 with 1262 viewsJackSomething

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 17:16 - Apr 6 by Catullus

It's a fair question and I don't know the answer. All I do know is Wales gets a certain amount of money and the Senedd spends more on the SE corner than it should, in my opinion, whilst large parts of Wales are left to rot.

No argument with that. I won't deny that the Welsh Government needs reform or better AM's. Preferably both.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:15 - Apr 7 with 1258 viewsJackSomething

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 20:10 - Apr 6 by Jack59

I think that far more of the £6 billion of EU funds Cardiff received for west wales and the valleys, would have been more accurately targeted.
The problem that you and a few others have, is that you are so preoccupied with your hatred of anything English, that you are then unable to scrutinise with impartiality on Welsh government performance.

EU funds are distributed across Wales. The ESF and other bodies are pretty strict on that. If you're talking about what projects the money is allocated to, I was under the impression that those decisions were again made by ESF and similar bodies, not the WG. I'm no expert on it, so happy for someone to correct me if I'm wrong.

Do yourself a favour butt and find any evidence that I 'hate anything English'. I'm not even wholeheartedly endorsing the WG, so you're talking sh*te. I have no idea why you hate the WG so much you can't discuss it in a rational manner, but don't project your biases on to me.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:19 - Apr 15 with 1179 viewspencoedjack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52283236
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:29 - Apr 15 with 1163 viewsLohengrin

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:19 - Apr 15 by pencoedjack

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-wales-politics-52283236

Don’t you think those letters are completely redundant and a waste of public money anyway?

All media is at saturation level with warnings about the importance of social distancing, as is the family and friends grapevine. It’s hardly as if those most at risk would have been ignoring it all until a letter dropped on the mat.

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 11:05 - Apr 15 with 1145 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Genuine question.
Where does the money the Welsh Government spends come from?
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 12:18 - Apr 15 with 1116 viewsScotia

As someone who has worked (directly and indirectly) for both Westminster and now (since 2015) Cardiff based governments. Without a shadow of a doubt the best service to the whole of Wales has, in my experience, been provided by Westminster. Although that is Westminster pre David Cameron and post Thatcher.

As you say it is a very complex issue, obviously funding from over the border is key but it is Cardiff Bay who decide how that money is spent. Then we are in the domain of second rate WG politicians trying to make the most of their limited powers and, in my experience, getting it wrong. The civil service really try their best but some of the legislation introduced by politicians makes life difficult, and I think we've fallen behind the curve because of this.

A recently retired senior civil service manager told me there have been two "areas" that devolution has improved they are Cardiff and the Welsh Language. Not being from Cardiff or speaking Welsh, I'd say the single use carrier charge is their biggest achievment.

On balance though, I'm happy with the current crop in Westminster having as little influence as possible, not that Drakeford and Gething are handling the Covid crisis very well.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:05 - Apr 15 with 1097 viewsJackSomething

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 11:05 - Apr 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Genuine question.
Where does the money the Welsh Government spends come from?

Nothing to do with the question I asked, but here's a pretty simple explanation for you:

https://law.gov.wales/constitution-government/government-in-wales/finance/?lang=

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:32 - Apr 15 with 1077 viewsBarrySwan

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 10:29 - Apr 15 by Lohengrin

Don’t you think those letters are completely redundant and a waste of public money anyway?

All media is at saturation level with warnings about the importance of social distancing, as is the family and friends grapevine. It’s hardly as if those most at risk would have been ignoring it all until a letter dropped on the mat.

They're not redundant though are they?

The letters let the recipients know that they are on on the vulnerable lists held by their Local authority and thus their situation is known about and that those in receipt are able to contact their Local authority for personal food parcels and help with medicine collection and delivery.

I've had to advise residents who have quite severe medical conditions and are unable to leave their houses to contact their GP surgeries and the Local authority after failing to receive any such letters. in order to check that they are on such lists held by the authority in case they need help.

I have been getting them shopping and urgent medicines up until now as they have nobody of their own who can help and will continue to do so whilst I am able to.

However if I become incapacitated it is important to know that the Local Authority knows about them and can take over at an instants notice.

If anyone on here knows anyone who is considered to be vulnerable through health,age or other incapacity reasons and they have not received one of these letters it could well mean that the Local Authority who are administering Government assistance schemes do not know about them, please get them to get in touch with their local councils and GP surgeries to ensure that they are on such lists.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 13:38]
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:50 - Apr 15 with 1066 viewsA_Fans_Dad

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:05 - Apr 15 by JackSomething

Nothing to do with the question I asked, but here's a pretty simple explanation for you:

https://law.gov.wales/constitution-government/government-in-wales/finance/?lang=

I thought it relevant because if Westminster do not allocate the money in the first place the Welsh Government don't have it to distrubite.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:03 - Apr 15 with 1060 viewsBarrySwan

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:50 - Apr 15 by A_Fans_Dad

I thought it relevant because if Westminster do not allocate the money in the first place the Welsh Government don't have it to distrubite.

Bearing in mind of course that Westminster have in the past few years handed over hundreds of millions of £s to the clowns down the bay specifically earmarked to offset council tax rises for residents in Wales which was promptly withheld from Welsh Local Authorities by the Welsh Assembly/ Government /whatever they are calling themselves today, and spent on other things instead of the original allocated purpose that they were given the extra money for.

** I should stress that I am not particularly a fan of Westminster but firmly believe that increasing the number of incompetent layers of government is just exactly that, increasing the number of incompetent political party cronies divvying up the pot and following their own particular political agendas to the detriment of all.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 14:06]
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:06 - Apr 15 with 1055 viewsNortbankboy

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 14:03 - Apr 15 by BarrySwan

Bearing in mind of course that Westminster have in the past few years handed over hundreds of millions of £s to the clowns down the bay specifically earmarked to offset council tax rises for residents in Wales which was promptly withheld from Welsh Local Authorities by the Welsh Assembly/ Government /whatever they are calling themselves today, and spent on other things instead of the original allocated purpose that they were given the extra money for.

** I should stress that I am not particularly a fan of Westminster but firmly believe that increasing the number of incompetent layers of government is just exactly that, increasing the number of incompetent political party cronies divvying up the pot and following their own particular political agendas to the detriment of all.
[Post edited 15 Apr 2020 14:06]

How about all the care homes coming under the NHS
umbrella?
It appears privatisation doesn't work.
Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 15:39 - Apr 15 with 1027 viewsJackSomething

Time for a return to a UK wide NHS on 13:50 - Apr 15 by A_Fans_Dad

Seeing as I clearly talked about that in my post that you quoted (comparing spending on Wales when it was handled by Westminster before being devolved), I'm still not sure what point you think you're making.

If you read the link I posted, you'll see the money comes from other sources as well.

About Us Contact Us Terms & Conditions Privacy Cookies Advertising
© FansNetwork 2024